Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Fazer6 best all rounder bike.


Recommended Posts

I'm a proud owner of my Yamaha FZ6 bike.... :lovestruck: After a tour back from Cameron Highlands recently and Faser Hill last year. I was impress with it performance and no words can discride it ever further... it all started when we decide to went up Mt Gunung Brinchang in Cameron Highlands. all the way up using first gear to climb up the 5km of rocky rd and to avoid those potholes. So i have said enough and the riding do the talking.:smile:

here some pic along the way>>>

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/12458/DSC01290.JPG

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/12458/DSC01299.JPG

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/12458/DSC01305.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by fazermurpies@Oct 23 2006, 08:36 PM

I'm a proud owner of my Yamaha FZ6 bike.... :lovestruck: After a tour back from Cameron Highlands recently and Faser Hill last year. I was impress with it performance and no words can discride it ever further... it all started when we decide to went up Mt Gunung Brinchang in Cameron Highlands. all the way up using first gear to climb up the 5km of rocky rd and to avoid those potholes. So i have said enough and the riding do the talking.:smile:

here some pic along the way>>>

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/12458/DSC01290.JPG

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/12458/DSC01299.JPG

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/12458/DSC01305.JPG

bro, i agree with you that fz6 is a gd bike cos i used to ride it too.. but we must not forget the hornet 600, its also a very gd n reliable competitor of the fz6...

 

anyway the pictures look gd. should put one picture showing those nice pipes of yours... :lovestruck:

Sep 2001 - Jan 2003 WR200

Jan 2003 - Feb 2005 S4 spec 1

Feb 2005 - Apr 2006 FZ6

Apr 2006 - May 2006 Vios & FZ6

May2006 - Jan 2007 Vios

Jan 2007 - ???????? Vios & S4 spec 1

 

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p167/senate747/CIMG6396.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by hydrop@Oct 23 2006, 08:44 PM

:lovestruck: If only i can do that with my fazer. :sian:

nvr heard from you ever since you got your fz6.. hw is it so far? underutilised izit... :cheeky:

Sep 2001 - Jan 2003 WR200

Jan 2003 - Feb 2005 S4 spec 1

Feb 2005 - Apr 2006 FZ6

Apr 2006 - May 2006 Vios & FZ6

May2006 - Jan 2007 Vios

Jan 2007 - ???????? Vios & S4 spec 1

 

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p167/senate747/CIMG6396.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by senate747@Oct 23 2006, 09:17 PM

bro, i agree with you that fz6 is a gd bike cos i used to ride it too.. but we must not forget the hornet 600, its also a very gd n reliable competitor of the fz6...

 

anyway the pictures look gd. should put one picture showing those nice pipes of yours... :lovestruck:

yes i agreed with you. when it talking abt stock. Hornet middle range better but touring wise Fazer6 front header give more wind protection better then Hornet. Imaging travelling at speed of 190km/h along northsouth highway who will be the one smiling :smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by senate747@Oct 23 2006, 09:18 PM

nvr heard from you ever since you got your fz6.. hw is it so far? underutilised izit... :cheeky:

So far it is 1.5 years old....now only clock 5200km....:sweat: Have not gone for 3rd servicing yet :cheeky:

We R One!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by fazermurpies@Oct 24 2006, 05:26 PM

yes i agreed with you. when it talking abt stock. Hornet middle range better but touring wise Fazer6 front header give more wind protection better then Hornet. Imaging travelling at speed of 190km/h along northsouth highway who will be the one smiling :smile:

let's see hw the 07 fazer 6 do this time with the retune engine.. hope the mid range has improved... but hornet having a completely new engine and it's from the latest CBR600 leh... :cheeky:

 

i agree on the front header part but provided u put on a taller touring screen. i tried 200 on short burst previously on the fz6 with stock screen, i had stay low and hug the tank cos of all the stong headwind at that sped .. :sweat:

Sep 2001 - Jan 2003 WR200

Jan 2003 - Feb 2005 S4 spec 1

Feb 2005 - Apr 2006 FZ6

Apr 2006 - May 2006 Vios & FZ6

May2006 - Jan 2007 Vios

Jan 2007 - ???????? Vios & S4 spec 1

 

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p167/senate747/CIMG6396.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by fazermurpies@Oct 24 2006, 05:20 PM

ye law not easy to get me leave plus my female tiger approve then can process lay.:cheeky:

at least u still can go riding.. i dont even have a bike to ride nw.. :cry:

 

really regret selling my fz6..... :cry:

Sep 2001 - Jan 2003 WR200

Jan 2003 - Feb 2005 S4 spec 1

Feb 2005 - Apr 2006 FZ6

Apr 2006 - May 2006 Vios & FZ6

May2006 - Jan 2007 Vios

Jan 2007 - ???????? Vios & S4 spec 1

 

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p167/senate747/CIMG6396.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by hydrop@Oct 24 2006, 09:43 PM

So far it is 1.5 years old....now only clock 5200km....:sweat: Have not gone for 3rd servicing yet :cheeky:

bro, your bike underutilised leh... just like my friend's ST13, his is nearly 4 yrs old and have only clock 16k on mileage..

 

u driving izit...bro, i suggest that u change your engine oil very 6 months even if you dont ride often.. 2nd suggest is to let me help you clock mileage.. :cheeky:

Sep 2001 - Jan 2003 WR200

Jan 2003 - Feb 2005 S4 spec 1

Feb 2005 - Apr 2006 FZ6

Apr 2006 - May 2006 Vios & FZ6

May2006 - Jan 2007 Vios

Jan 2007 - ???????? Vios & S4 spec 1

 

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p167/senate747/CIMG6396.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello fazer riders.

I am keen to find out more about this bike. Lost touch with bike shops etc...

 

Anyone care to feedback on:

 

1. Fuel consumption? How many KM/L?

2. Maintenance Cost monthly?

3. 2nd hand price...?

etc...

 

Thanks in advance.

:cheeky:

Remember no bike is the fastest, no place is that far and no road is that tough.

Mind Over Body

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by dominator@Oct 29 2006, 12:54 PM

Hello fazer riders.

I am keen to find out more about this bike. Lost touch with bike shops etc...

 

Anyone care to feedback on:

 

1. Fuel consumption? How many KM/L?

2. Maintenance Cost monthly?

3. 2nd hand price...?

etc...

 

Thanks in advance.

:cheeky:

1. Fuel consumption? How many KM/L?

Ans: it depend on your riding style. my riding style rmp ard 5 to 6k....it abt 17km/litre.

2. Maintenance Cost monthly?

Ans:same as super4 10'000km full servicing(spark plugs, oil filter and 2.8 liter fully-syntectic)at Yamaha got package servicing.

But i change my engine oil at every 5'000km for better performance...

3. 2nd hand price...?New stock bike cost 13'800 wif free gift yamaha fullface helmet, glove and jacket from ASPoon along serangoon rd twds mecpherson before the Mah Motor.

etc...Ans get the better price from them as Yamaha is lodging the 2007 model these december. it meter and front header is the same as New FZ1. front brake inproved 4pin mono calipers and better looking swingarm.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by fazermurpies@Oct 30 2006, 11:21 AM

1. Fuel consumption? How many KM/L?

Ans: it depend on your riding style. my riding style rmp ard 5 to 6k....it abt 17km/litre.

2. Maintenance Cost monthly?

Ans:same as super4 10'000km full servicing(spark plugs, oil filter and 2.8 liter fully-syntectic)at Yamaha got package servicing.

But i change my engine oil at every 5'000km for better performance...

3. 2nd hand price...?New stock bike cost 13'800 wif free gift yamaha fullface helmet, glove and jacket from ASPoon along serangoon rd twds mecpherson before the Mah Motor.

etc...Ans get the better price from them as Yamaha is lodging the 2007 model these december. it meter and front header is the same as New FZ1. front brake inproved 4pin mono calipers and better looking swingarm.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

 

which one to get?

So if one is looking for a reasonable priced get the 06 model? and if got extra cash wait for new model? Does the new improvements in the new bike affect the bike performance and stability at all?

Does the 'o6 model come with digital speedo? And, I can't see the difference between the present FZ6 and FZ1 header. Care to highlight?

:cheeky:

http://www.cexut.com/wp-content/uploads/yoshimura-suzuki-b-king-exhaust.jpg

2000-2002- Yamaha TZR 125, 2002-2002- Vespa PX150 , 2002-2004- Honda Steed 400, 2004-2006- Harley Davidson Sportster 1200S, 2006-2008- Hyundai Tucson, 2008-2010- Honda Super 4 VTEC 3, 2010-2011- Ford Focus 1.4, 2012-2013 Yamaha Fazer FZ6S

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 04 Fazer 600 is the worst class 2 bike i ever owned.

 

- poor 2-pot front brake calipers (taken from XJR400)

- lousy non-adjustable front forks

- lousy pre-load adjustable rear shocks, non-compression & non-rebound adjustable.

- lousy low band acceleration (some say Super 4 can pick up faster)

- lousy handling (longer wheelbase) with longer swingarm over the 03 Fz6

- tailboard with pillion handrails are integrated fairing, i.e. if suay suay bike drop, have to change entire piece.

- exteremely hot pillion seat when riding long distance to Msia/Thailand due to the underseat exhaust system. I tried to wrap it with those exhaust heat wrap, but it doesnt help much either.

- signals/mirrors extracted from TDM.

- almost no underseat storage space. can't even put a rain coat.

- lousy BT020 stock tyres. the tyres that will kill you when u self skid over dry/wet roads.

- non-DIY friendly. have to remove side pannels to lift up fuel tank. Fuel tank lifter is not given, unlike Suzuki bikes.

- Headlight is a huge disappointment on NSH at night, even with Philips Vision Plus 50% longer beam bulbs. It's the reflectors in the headlight that does not shine far. Also another c*** up design, having a H4 bulb on one side and H7 bulb on the other side of the headlight.

- TPS a common problem for most of the 04 and 05 models. It fails automatically w/o warning, and your bike cant idle + fuel consumption goes up + your bike dies off even while riding in gears. Its a major fault that Yamaha only recently recalls.

 

In summary - the most disappointing class 2 bike i ever owned.

period.

http://www.ahajokes.com/cartoon/hotdog.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by 38C@Oct 30 2006, 01:25 PM

The 04 Fazer 600 is the worst class 2 bike i ever owned.

 

- poor 2-pot front brake calipers (taken from XJR400)

- lousy non-adjustable front forks

- lousy pre-load adjustable rear shocks, non-compression & non-rebound adjustable.

- lousy low band acceleration (some say Super 4 can pick up faster)

- lousy handling (longer wheelbase) with longer swingarm over the 03 Fz6

- tailboard with pillion handrails are integrated fairing, i.e. if suay suay bike drop, have to change entire piece.

- exteremely hot pillion seat when riding long distance to Msia/Thailand due to the underseat exhaust system. I tried to wrap it with those exhaust heat wrap, but it doesnt help much either.

- signals/mirrors extracted from TDM.

- almost no underseat storage space. can't even put a rain coat.

- lousy BT020 stock tyres. the tyres that will kill you when u self skid over dry/wet roads.

- non-DIY friendly. have to remove side pannels to lift up fuel tank. Fuel tank lifter is not given, unlike Suzuki bikes.

- Headlight is a huge disappointment on NSH at night, even with Philips Vision Plus 50% longer beam bulbs. It's the reflectors in the headlight that does not shine far. Also another c*** up design, having a H4 bulb on one side and H7 bulb on the other side of the headlight.

- TPS a common problem for most of the 04 and 05 models. It fails automatically w/o warning, and your bike cant idle + fuel consumption goes up + your bike dies off even while riding in gears. Its a major fault that Yamaha only recently recalls.

 

In summary - the most disappointing class 2 bike i ever owned.

period.

is it that bad? I thought alot of ppl have been complimenting the bike except for some minor issues.?

http://www.cexut.com/wp-content/uploads/yoshimura-suzuki-b-king-exhaust.jpg

2000-2002- Yamaha TZR 125, 2002-2002- Vespa PX150 , 2002-2004- Honda Steed 400, 2004-2006- Harley Davidson Sportster 1200S, 2006-2008- Hyundai Tucson, 2008-2010- Honda Super 4 VTEC 3, 2010-2011- Ford Focus 1.4, 2012-2013 Yamaha Fazer FZ6S

Link to post
Share on other sites

considering that FZ6 is suppose to be a budget big bike when it was designed back then, u cant really complain much bt the lower specs given as compared to let's say a top of the end sportsbike like R6 or GSR etc. compare the $$ and u'll know..

 

so far i havent heard of anyone complaining about the rear tailboard cos no one intend to drop the bike. if u have a slider or crash bar when u drop it, it wont really hit that portion unless u purposely push the bike with all your strength to make it roll a few times.

 

i havent had any complains abt the underseat exhaust from any of my pillions or a few fellow fz6 riders. perhaps i din go as fast, that's y it ain that hot.

 

the mirrors are actually very well positioned that you can get a clear view on what's behind. same goes for the signal lights, well positioned to allow others to see them. they are there for safety n they actually look gd overall.

 

the understorage seat space is widely applied to alot of bikes these days and most do not have large understorage space. (eg. R1, CBRs, etc). so it's pretty normal to compromise storage space in exchange for a better undertail look.

 

if u want to remove the tanks easily, my suggestion is to get the fz6-N version, it's comes with only a headlight instead.

 

tyres can be changed. but remember BT is actually quite long lasting as compared to those tyres that handle very well but wear out fast.

 

the headlights can actually be adjusted higher so that they can shine further. handling wise, it feels pretty much like a S4. i changed from a S4 to fz6 when they feel pretty much the same to me. not that bad lah. pick up wont really lose if u dare to use the upper range. the enginer screams when u rev it to the upper range

 

TPS fault is the only major fault that this bike had, mostly 04 ones were affected, only some 05 ones were affected as well. Once retrified, shdnt be a problem.

 

overall, i for one love the fz6, infact i'm aiming for another the 07 one ever since i sold my fz6. anyway it's still up to individual's preference on the bike and the above comments only reflect my personal view on the bike

 

 

:cheeky:

Sep 2001 - Jan 2003 WR200

Jan 2003 - Feb 2005 S4 spec 1

Feb 2005 - Apr 2006 FZ6

Apr 2006 - May 2006 Vios & FZ6

May2006 - Jan 2007 Vios

Jan 2007 - ???????? Vios & S4 spec 1

 

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p167/senate747/CIMG6396.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by senate747@Oct 30 2006, 05:35 PM

considering that FZ6 is suppose to be a budget big bike when it was designed back then, u cant really complain much bt the lower specs given as compared to let's say a top of the end sportsbike like R6 or GSR etc. compare the $$ and u'll know..

 

so far i havent heard of anyone complaining about the rear tailboard cos no one intend to drop the bike. if u have a slider or crash bar when u drop it, it wont really hit that portion unless u purposely push the bike with all your strength to make it roll a few times.

 

i havent had any complains abt the underseat exhaust from any of my pillions or a few fellow fz6 riders. perhaps i din go as fast, that's y it ain that hot.

 

the mirrors are actually very well positioned that you can get a clear view on what's behind. same goes for the signal lights, well positioned to allow others to see them. they are there for safety n they actually look gd overall.

 

the understorage seat space is widely applied to alot of bikes these days and most do not have large understorage space. (eg. R1, CBRs, etc). so it's pretty normal to compromise storage space in exchange for a better undertail look.

 

if u want to remove the tanks easily, my suggestion is to get the fz6-N version, it's comes with only a headlight instead.

 

tyres can be changed. but remember BT is actually quite long lasting as compared to those tyres that handle very well but wear out fast.

 

the headlights can actually be adjusted higher so that they can shine further. handling wise, it feels pretty much like a S4. i changed from a S4 to fz6 when they feel pretty much the same to me. not that bad lah. pick up wont really lose if u dare to use the upper range. the enginer screams when u rev it to the upper range

 

TPS fault is the only major fault that this bike had, mostly 04 ones were affected, only some 05 ones were affected as well. Once retrified, shdnt be a problem.

 

overall, i for one love the fz6, infact i'm aiming for another the 07 one ever since i sold my fz6. anyway it's still up to individual's preference on the bike and the above comments only reflect my personal view on the bike

 

 

:cheeky:

Yes bro , get the 07 model .:cheer:

 

Btw , heard from jap boy u have the manual for the voltage meter indications for the fazer rite ? :confused:

GIVI Touring windscreen for FZ1 2006 onwards for sale - $90

 

http://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1246.jpghttp://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1721.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by senate747@Oct 30 2006, 05:35 PM

considering that FZ6 is suppose to be a budget big bike when it was designed back then, u cant really complain much bt the lower specs given as compared to let's say a top of the end sportsbike like R6 or GSR etc. compare the $$ and u'll know..

 

so far i havent heard of anyone complaining about the rear tailboard cos no one intend to drop the bike. if u have a slider or crash bar when u drop it, it wont really hit that portion unless u purposely push the bike with all your strength to make it roll a few times.

 

i havent had any complains abt the underseat exhaust from any of my pillions or a few fellow fz6 riders. perhaps i din go as fast, that's y it ain that hot.

 

the mirrors are actually very well positioned that you can get a clear view on what's behind. same goes for the signal lights, well positioned to allow others to see them. they are there for safety n they actually look gd overall.

 

the understorage seat space is widely applied to alot of bikes these days and most do not have large understorage space. (eg. R1, CBRs, etc). so it's pretty normal to compromise storage space in exchange for a better undertail look.

 

if u want to remove the tanks easily, my suggestion is to get the fz6-N version, it's comes with only a headlight instead.

 

tyres can be changed. but remember BT is actually quite long lasting as compared to those tyres that handle very well but wear out fast.

 

the headlights can actually be adjusted higher so that they can shine further. handling wise, it feels pretty much like a S4. i changed from a S4 to fz6 when they feel pretty much the same to me. not that bad lah. pick up wont really lose if u dare to use the upper range. the enginer screams when u rev it to the upper range

 

TPS fault is the only major fault that this bike had, mostly 04 ones were affected, only some 05 ones were affected as well. Once retrified, shdnt be a problem.

 

overall, i for one love the fz6, infact i'm aiming for another the 07 one ever since i sold my fz6. anyway it's still up to individual's preference on the bike and the above comments only reflect my personal view on the bike

 

 

:cheeky:

:cheer: i agreed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Speedpass@Oct 30 2006, 09:49 PM

Yes bro , get the 07 model .:cheer:

 

Btw , heard from jap boy u have the manual for the voltage meter indications for the fazer rite ? :confused:

bro, i thought u're riding a fz 1??? i actually have the page that teach u how to do it for the fz6. i also hv the actual bike maintenance manual. pm me if u need it and i'll send it to u..

 

i'm tempted to get the 07 fz6 and ride again. man i miss riding alot.....:weep:

Sep 2001 - Jan 2003 WR200

Jan 2003 - Feb 2005 S4 spec 1

Feb 2005 - Apr 2006 FZ6

Apr 2006 - May 2006 Vios & FZ6

May2006 - Jan 2007 Vios

Jan 2007 - ???????? Vios & S4 spec 1

 

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p167/senate747/CIMG6396.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by 38C@Oct 31 2006, 08:24 AM

well, its personal preference at the end of the day.

there can never be a bike that satisfies ALL human mankind.

u r totally right on that, we can never be satisfied with what we currently have. that's y the maufacturers are upgrading every year to meet our needs... :cheeky:

Sep 2001 - Jan 2003 WR200

Jan 2003 - Feb 2005 S4 spec 1

Feb 2005 - Apr 2006 FZ6

Apr 2006 - May 2006 Vios & FZ6

May2006 - Jan 2007 Vios

Jan 2007 - ???????? Vios & S4 spec 1

 

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p167/senate747/CIMG6396.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, the best all rounder bike has to be the VFR800. When I wanted to buy a bike where I can be quite competitive on the track and be comfortable with it for touring, I choose this VFR which I am still riding now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Shell BAU_Motorcycle_Version 2_SingaporeBikes Banner_300x250 (static).jpg

×
×
  • Create New...