SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

African Twin Lovers,here the specs

chrisonance

u guys ride ur At to dessert or big sandy areas to cheong or not ...then can let the bike show its potenitial...where its best at...if not....get a so big cc bike yet top speed lose to a lousy stock s4...hmmmmm..i see no point....or maybe just maybe ...want the bike to create a image for u ....another word=>Poser.

i dun think u guys so boliao lah hor...spend nearly 20 K just to pose....

we shall create an image for our bike..not let the bike give u an image ..dun u agree...keke

You can't compare a S4 speed to AT as different bikes is built for different purposes. Its just based on individual loves and liking of the bike and the interest he shown. I would have to agree that we may want the bike to create a image for us, and moreover, that image was created long ago b4 you achieved your objective. Tell me, when you were young, did you ever dreamed of riding this xxx bike or driving xxx cars..? And finally, when you had achieved this goal, are we right to call you a poser?

======================

Always Ahead The Speed Of Light

===============================

No Matter How Fast You Are.....Someone Out

=========================

There Is Always Ahead Of You :angry:

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i not saying u r poser leh....u dun get what i mean ah??

like u say everybike have its purpose cannot compare...

thats why i say buy At dun go cheong a bit of sand like defeat the purpose what....i dream of riding a scram last time ....when i get it, i go dirt track cheong aso...no doubt i always the slowest but at least i get the experience and and make use of the bike main purpose its design for loh....i may be slow but better than those who go to the track and apply mud to their bikes without even trying on the track itself....trying to create a false image for ppl to see.....

thats why i say buy At dun go cheong a bit of sand like defeat the purpose what....i dream of riding a scram last time ....when i get it, i go dirt track cheong aso...no doubt i always the slowest but at least i get the experience and and make use of the bike main purpose its design for loh....i may be slow but better than those who go to the track and apply mud to their bikes without even trying on the track itself....trying to create a false image for ppl to see.....

of course not poser leh....

AT is also my fav... u cant compare speed what ...

if u say that consider a superfour 400 Cc n a PGM4 250Cc.... superfour also lose out what.. maybe if unfair to compair 2 n 4 stroke.....

how about superfour n RVF??? both r of different makes n uses.. sportbike r for speed n other for road use....

btw have u try on AT before??? bet u dun... The feeling is different as what AFT777 says it comfortable from sin to thailand... rather than superfour... but one thing i agreed the top speed for AT is a bit low.. as i expecting about on par with superfour or slightly higher,...

:weep: just my two cents .... anyway both r great machines.... :smile:

:shy: cHrIsOnAnCe :makeup:

:box: OnE tHaT s|tS oN PoRcH sW|Ng :cheeky:

:lovestruck: aPaRt By E mOOn N sTaRs :lovestruck:

:smooch: LoOk|nG @ skY tH|NkInG :dozed: oF CB1000/Fz1000 !!!:smooch:

if u say that consider a superfour 400 Cc n a PGM4 250Cc.... superfour also lose out what.. maybe if unfair to compair 2 n 4 stroke.....

how about superfour n RVF??? both r of different makes n uses.. sportbike r for speed n other for road use....

btw have u try on AT before??? bet u dun... The feeling is different as what AFT777 says it comfortable from sin to thailand... rather than superfour... but one thing i agreed the top speed for AT is a bit low.. as i expecting about on par with superfour or slightly higher,...

huh???my above posting that u quote i mention about speed meh???i onli mention bike purpose and the speed one long ago loh...anyway u want compare pgm and s4...I side track a bit lah hor, 2 stroke engine is able produce twice as much power as a 4 stroke which is the same capacity..another words pgm4 250cc is almost equal to a 500cc 4 stroke engine...so s4 as a road bike cant beat pgm thats not surprise...even if rvf as a sport bike cant catch up with pgm aso no surprise.This part is only for ur info if u still do not noe...

i admit i have not ridden an AT b4 but i didnt noe a vtwin engine can be as smooth and less virbration as an inline 4...maybe i should try .....perhaps u are trying to tell mi the At have more torque..are u? ..that i have to agree...

or maybe becos on an AT u seat higher and the bike not as common as a super 4 that make u mentally feel that more superior and comfortable

i not saying u r poser leh....u dun get what i mean ah??like u say everybike have its purpose cannot compare...thats why i say buy At dun go cheong a bit of sand like defeat the purpose what....i dream of riding a scram last time ....when i get it, i go dirt track cheong aso...no doubt i always the slowest but at least i get the experience and and make use of the bike main purpose its design for loh....i may be slow but better than those who go to the track and apply mud to their bikes without even trying on the track itself....trying to create a false image for ppl to see.....

huh???my above posting that u quote i mention about speed meh???i onli mention bike purpose and the speed one long ago loh...anyway u want compare pgm and s4...I side track a bit lah hor, 2 stroke engine is able produce twice as much power as a 4 stroke which is the same capacity..another words pgm4 250cc is almost equal to a 500cc 4 stroke engine...so s4 as a road bike cant beat pgm thats not surprise...even if rvf as a sport bike cant catch up with pgm aso no surprise.This part is only for ur info if u still do not noe...

i admit i have not ridden an AT b4 but i didnt noe a vtwin engine can be as smooth and less virbration as an inline 4...maybe i should try .....perhaps u are trying to tell mi the At have more torque..are u? ..that i have to agree...or maybe becos on an AT u seat higher and the bike not as common as a super 4 that make u mentally feel that more superior and comfortable

as for diff in pgm equal to 500cc four stroke i know about that... AT rider need not to ride on sandy patch u know... that doesn't make that poser... next time i wouldn't try sandy patch cos it a 20k machine to me.. :smile:

as for trying on an At doesn't matters to me u see... just that two r separate bikes... as for torque i agree with u too.. AT rocks... :cheer:

i think u misunderstood my question...

what i meant it lets say " Superfour n AT "going at 160-180km/hr which rider will feel more comfort as in machine sound(something like to find out...) Trying to know which machine will produces a louder noiser sound even at the same speed need not neccessarily to be at top speed(150-180km/hr) :confused:

if u dun understand what i mean it okie... no offences... :pity:

btw i head that u r seling yr VTEC?? getting a bigger machine???

hey thanks man.. anyway have you tour to malaysia before... any groups of at riders you hang around with?

Yup.. been 2 various parts of W. Malaysia and south of Thailand, hatyai wif my AT, of cos... We hv a small group riding 2gether, majority ATs..

Life is Short...... Ride Hard!!!

http://www.intertanko.com/tankerfacts/sizes/images/t11.jpg

as for diff in pgm equal to 500cc four stroke i know about that... AT rider need not to ride on sandy patch u know... that doesn't make that poser... next time i wouldn't try sandy patch cos it a 20k machine to me..

if u truely love the bike for its character ,u wont be thinking of the money u pay for,rather u should be thinking how to make full use of the bike for the money u paid...ppl spending 20 -30over K on their sports they bring to the track to make full use of their bike...that is the place to show what their bike is capable of rather than on the road... ;)

as for trying on an At doesn't matters to me u see... just that two r separate bikes... as for torque i agree with u too.. AT rocks... :cheer:

true..i dun have to get on an AT to noe how a v twin feels like at all...

at 750cc i think all bikes rocks even for a normal road bike...plenty of torque...

what i meant it lets say " Superfour n AT "going at 160-180km/hr which rider will feel more comfort as in machine sound(something like to find out...) Trying to know which machine will produces a louder noiser sound even at the same speed need not neccessarily to be at top speed(150-180km/hr)

Misunderstood?? :? oh nono..i noe what u mean

for the vtec and above version of s4 ..i think its vtec sound will not lose out...

:p personal perference...some may like the vtec sound better....

:bounce:

why would i feel offended?? :confused: i say all along i not flaming anyone..just hope the bike that ppl get will be use on what its designed for....dun waste the bike away... :nono:

i already got my big machine,my vtec is used for daily transport ...for its purpose... its a road bike...design for road and daily use....

as for my the other hobby bike i hope to bring it to the track one day to make full use of it.. :D and its not as good a road bike as s4..i would have put all the engineers' effort into the drain....me as an engineer myself noe the hardwork and effort to come to a good design for a product... :p

as for diff in pgm equal to 500cc four stroke i know about that... AT rider need not to ride on sandy patch u know... that doesn't make that poser... next time i wouldn't try sandy patch cos it a 20k machine to me..

if u truely love the bike for its character ,u wont be thinking of the money u pay for,rather u should be thinking how to make full use of the bike for the money u paid...ppl spending 20 -30over K on their sports they bring to the track to make full use of their bike...that is the place to show what their bike is capable of rather than on the road... ;)

true..i dun have to get on an AT to noe how a v twin feels like at all...

at 750cc i think all bikes rocks even for a normal road bike...plenty of torque...

what i meant it lets say " Superfour n AT "going at 160-180km/hr which rider will feel more comfort as in machine sound(something like to find out...) Trying to know which machine will produces a louder noiser sound even at the same speed need not neccessarily to be at top speed(150-180km/hr)

Misunderstood?? :? oh nono..i noe what u mean

for the vtec and above version of s4 ..i think its vtec sound will not lose out...

:p personal perference...some may like the vtec sound better....

:bounce:

why would i feel offended?? :confused: i say all along i not flaming anyone..just hope the bike that ppl get will be use on what its designed for....dun waste the bike away... :nono:

i already got my big machine,my vtec is used for daily transport ...for its purpose... its a road bike...design for road and daily use....

as for my the other hobby bike i hope to bring it to the track one day to make full use of it.. :D and its not as good a road bike as s4..i would have put all the engineers' effort into the drain....me as an engineer myself noe the hardwork and effort to come to a good design for a product... :p

great pal.... just dun mind me asking... what big mean machine u riding????

Guest GuiNNeSS

I got to admit, the AT is not my taste, but i saw this thread advance so fast, i thought I'd stick my big nose in to see what going on.....

I thought this thread going in the same direction as "Click ME", but i was obviously wrong....

interesting....... but.... nothing which interests me... :dozed:

so bikes should be used for what they are designed to do???

So how should my bike be use???

Pillioning a passenger with luggages across a major continent in few days???

Or Drag race all the time when i see a straight road???

I would ride my zzr1100d1 in MUD if i want to... and nobody can stop me!!! i ride my bike the way i want to, who the heck cares what your bike can do!?!?!

Why I ride....\"Modern travelling is not travelling at all; it is merely being sent to a place, and very little different from becoming a parcel.\" -- John Ruskin

Guest GuiNNeSS
I would ride my zzr1100d1 in MUD if i want to... and nobody can stop me!!!

Nobody will stop you, you are right.....

...but a clogged radiator will! HAHAHAH :lol: :D

so bikes should be used for what they are designed to do???

So how should my bike be use???

Pillioning a passenger with luggages across a major continent in few days???

Or Drag race all the time when i see a straight road???

I would ride my zzr1100d1 in MUD if i want to... and nobody can stop me!!! i ride my bike the way i want to, who the heck cares what your bike can do!?!?!

of cos u can....but can u beat an At in the mud ur porky pig.......

actualli drag race when u see straight ist what u always do....tmd....

dun come here act innocent.....

heY!... what u all people trying to achieve here?

A quarrel ah?

All machines are great and have their own strengths and weaknesses in different conditions.

Each and every individual has their own dream bike and have own opinion and every right in every sense to subject their bikes to their desires.

Ishi no aru tokoro ni hoho ari

(Where there\'s a will there\'s a way)

hi chris,

regarding yr questions on high speed riding between a vtec and a AT.

let say at a speed of 160km/h. a vtec will lose out in the stability in handling less u hv a damper which i think helps. AT is of cos much stable n stands a advantage of detaining its constant power at such speed for maybe another few hours which i think a vtec will lose out here. simple to say, u will get tired bf a AT does whereas a Vtec will get tired bf the rider does. but all n all, think vtec has a smoother engine than AT. for engine noise, of cos the vtec will produce more as at 160km/m,as the rpm is very high liao, cos AT's engine ( V-tiwn ) is design to run in low engine revolution, normally the noise from the wind will cover up engine noise loh. i seldom get to hear the engine less i bend towards the tank. These are from my personal experience as i have riden both bike before. so....

for your reference :smile:

The Second Is The First Loser

hi chris,

regarding yr questions on high speed riding between a vtec and a AT.

let say at a speed of 160km/h. a vtec will lose out in the stability in handling less u hv a damper which i think helps. AT is of cos much stable n stands a advantage of detaining its constant power at such speed for maybe another few hours which i think a vtec will lose out here. simple to say, u will get tired bf a AT does whereas a Vtec will get tired bf the rider does. but all n all, think vtec has a smoother engine than AT. for engine noise, of cos the vtec will produce more as at 160km/m,as the rpm is very high liao, cos AT's engine ( V-tiwn ) is design to run in low engine revolution, normally the noise from the wind will cover up engine noise loh. i seldom get to hear the engine less i bend towards the tank. These are from my personal experience as i have riden both bike before. so....

for your reference :smile:

thanx Gandalf... sure this is very informative.... .... i understand that At is a great bike for enduring runs... compared to CB4.... ... i always turn my head whenever i saw a AT on roads or expressway.. really envy them for their pickup n high speed cuising on extreme right Xpressway...

the cost for AT is justified but i am more worried about the maintenance that it costs.. heard that the stupid ohins sus cost $1100 a pair?? that very exp. leh... that the main concern... not like my first bike Yamaha DT200RR.. the old WR lookalike.. kekkek

of course u cant compare a 2b maintenance with a class 2 maintenance...

but the ques is ??? AT 750 as compared to other class two sportbikes... is it reasonable low in that cata.?

can see you got a new picture of your girl or a whole new girl itself :smile:

back to serious topic, i dun c y ppl are worrying abt the shocks. shldnt be gving any problem. especially toking abt yr size. less u getting a 2nd hand then jus pay more attention to the stiffness and leakage. shldnt be a issue to wori abt. maintenance wise, haha i must say its rather low for a 750. uses oni 2.6 litres of engine oil whereas a super 4 will need 3.2 litres, so wat u think? spark plug can settle for the $4 type = $16 in all ( 4 spark plug ) oil filter is standard at $15 and carburettor servicing is $40 loh,

other than these.............guess jus enjoy the riding the bike........

and hor, dun alwys play pick-up lah, shorten the chain life :nono:

The Second Is The First Loser

chris> I tink we had discussed abt e shock b4. Remember?.... no pt keep on repeatin e same old question... if u r worryin abt tis n tat constantly... y dun u change ur "dream bike"? Pls 4give me for being so straightforward... I'm juz tryin 2 make u c things clearly... m i rite? cheers!! :smile:

Life is Short...... Ride Hard!!!

http://www.intertanko.com/tankerfacts/sizes/images/t11.jpg

chris> I tink we had discussed abt e shock b4. Remember?.... no pt keep on repeatin e same old question... if u r worryin abt tis n tat constantly... y dun u change ur "dream bike"? Pls 4give me for being so straightforward... I'm juz tryin 2 make u c things clearly... m i rite? cheers!! :smile:

Can't blame him. AT is such a good bike but maintainence is really way beyond imagination should it break down.

Sorry, if dis qn is repeated. but normally how long can the suspension last? including pillion. and which is better vara or AT?

Really sorry, if dis qns are repeated. If there is such a qn pose before. Can someone direct me the thread? sorry....

Ishi no aru tokoro ni hoho ari

(Where there\'s a will there\'s a way)