SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

-=TLRiders=-

Lonely Stranger

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by shoei@May 27 2006, 11:01 PM

yo how r u dude

alive and kicking and still lurking around this forum ;-)

bought another Gixxer to replace my previous... alamak.. regretted selling it now...

Originally posted by johntan@May 29 2006, 04:18 PM

bought another Gixxer to replace my previous... alamak.. regretted selling it now...

:thumb:

power man

To be old and wise, u gotta be young and stupid

在绝望中坚强

Originally posted by johntan@May 29 2006, 04:18 PM

regretted for selling off the TL and riding a gixxer now?

:confused:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/gssiong/JatukamRamathep.gif

Guest Demon_gal56
Originally posted by Sev@May 25 2006, 02:24 PM

eh, did you go to Esso GP on last saturday night?

We waitied until 10.30 and you didn't turn up and then we left.

thought i told roy than i won't be going le... he never tell u meh?? like that need to go and knock his head liao... :sorry:

Originally posted by Demon_gal56@Jun 1 2006, 01:35 PM

thought i told roy than i won't be going le... he never tell u meh?? like that need to go and knock his head liao... :sorry:

Demon_gal56 not only demon but evil too...

:cheeky:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/gssiong/JatukamRamathep.gif

Guest Demon_gal56
Originally posted by gssiong@Jun 1 2006, 01:47 PM

Demon_gal56 not only demon but evil too...

:cheeky:

i where got evil... pple who know me hor... knows that i'm good leh... :cheeky:

Hey Wildcard...u mentioned last time u did a gear shift indicator, but using LED lights instead of the digital thingy.....

How did u do it?...u have the electrical diagram?....I thinking of asking my fren to upgrade from LED version to digital display.....theoritically should be easy....

Hmm...my fren should be able to "play" around this idea in his lab and get it done

I told him our TLR has a gear indicator thing, but only 2 wires connected....he says 2 wires definitely cannot work....he says insufficient wires to channel the input needed....

so now the thing is...how did u do it last time??

The answer lies at.....

http://www.bluegauges.com/gearindicatorplans.htm

Unfortunately, me and my fren didn;t have the time to continue the project. Maybe you can.

The biggest problem is getting the comparator chips (the LM339AN chips). Its next to impossible to get them here. Even if you can get any, most likely they'll cost sumting like 30-40 bucks each. :eek:

However, I managed to lay my paws on a dozen. So if you really want them, I can sell em to you.

PM me if interested....

No problem...let me find out from my friend if this will work for a digital model first..Need to be able to indicate Neutal also...or at least go blank...instead of light up all..

Anyway, what is the 'Gear Position Sensor'??

Is it the one on the right side fairing, white connector with 4 pins, but with ony 2 wires connected diagonally??

I cant find anything else already....

My friend,

you need the tech manual.

You can download it at http://www.jiffypark.com

The idea is to tap into the GPS wire. The LM339AN chips are supposed to sense what voltage is presently carried in the wire and close a selected switch, which is connected to a certain LED or range of LEDs and thus form the indicator.

Each gear will have a voltage range according to the Word document.

If you want to do a digital display, you need more work in setting up a 2nd IC board to handle digital display and corresponding LEDs. Meaning, whichever signals the LM339AN chip sends up, the second IC board needs to read the signal and translate into a digital display. More work, but nothing too difficult.

Yup, I have the maunal....it states the gear sensor is the white one at the right side of the fairing....

just need to confirm if indeed it is that one..... else will go on a wrong trial...

Anyway, the size i calculated will be quite big..including doing the digital display portion...hmm....those sold on the market are so much smaller....

Hmm....

Originally posted by suzuka1980@Jun 6 2006, 09:13 AM

Should be able to have this thing done, the factors now are its size and how to box it up nicely once it's done...

Will do it as long as it can remain small, and if I can find a proper housing...

Suzuka,

surf ard TLzone.net.

There's a guy there, Pedrodani. He built a few sets to sell there. They look ok. But uses LED instead of digital display.

The idea is you need 2 seperate boxes. One to fit the IC board & comparator chips. The other is the display unit. The IC board bix will be big. The idea is to hide it somewhere, usually under the seat near the ECU. The display unit will be much smaller and mounted on the dashboard. If you want to build a digital display, make them seperate and you can build a small digital display unit only. The larger controller can be hidden away.

It's just a bunch of resistors, that's all....

probably just around $40 max....the digital display will be expensive....not sure abt that...never bought those kind of displays before...

but those small resistors just cost a couple of cents, the big ones prob at max $3...circuit board another few bucks....probably try a photosensitive diode....so can control the brightness of the display....

acumen ones also have such a thing.....most tought part is getting a case...