wash wash polish polish wax wax

maniahk

as topic suggests, wad kinda products ur use to wash and polish and wax ur bikes ar? haha.. dose wash n wax in one bottle one or seperate wash, chrome polish n paint wax? actualli personally i'm lookin for wash, chrome polish and paint wax, but dunno which is gd leh.. any recommendations? lets share.. haha.. i'm sure most of us do washing ourselves..

• Replies 35

Originally posted by maniahk@Nov 15 2006, 10:09 PM

rainx fast wax.. hmm.. havent seen this product before.. its gd?

This product is available readily available at Carrefour. Personally find this product to have the same quick make over effect as the ArmourAll quick wax. Note that both products I have mentioned are spray on.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

spray on huh.. k.. i was thinking of smth in e line of carnabua wax.. e amourall wash u using is to mix w water one? haha.. how old is ur paintwork ar? i takin over 9yr old original paint sia i think..

Originally posted by maniahk@Nov 15 2006, 10:37 PM

spray on huh.. k.. i was thinking of smth in e line of carnabua wax.. e amourall wash u using is to mix w water one? haha.. how old is ur paintwork ar? i takin over 9yr old original paint sia i think..

Yep. The ArmourAll Car Wash has to mix with water before uses. For 9 years old paintwork, may I suggest Turtle Wax premium Wax Polish? It could be one of the last premium products to make your paintwork like new again.

Originally posted by nights@Nov 15 2006, 10:23 PM

Currently using the below products:

* ArmourAll Car Wash

* Rainx Fast Wax

* Mothers Wheel Mist

* Turtle Wax F21 Tire Foam & Shine

* Turtle Wax Leather Cleaner Conditioner

* Turtle Wax Chrome

Anyone knows the price of all these products? my bike needs a super scrub

• Daelim Magma[FR4820H] - (19 Nov 2006 - Jan 25 2007)
  • Kawasaki KRR[FW5424K] - (Jan 29 2007 - Jan 28 2008)
  • Honda RVF[FY8171J] - (Jul 23 2008 - Aug 14 2009)
  • Yamaha YZF-R1 08[FBD8483S] - (Aug 14 2009 - May 2010)
  • Ducati Panigale V2[FBR****S] - (Jul 17 2020 - Current)
  • Suzuki DRZ[FBD442M] - (4 Jan 2021 - Mar 7 2021)
  • Duke 390 2021 [FBT4802Y]- (Marc 7 2021 - Current)

Price obtain from Carrefour.

* ArmourAll Car Wash - $10.30

* Rainx Fast Wax - Seem like out of stock (How about replacing it with Turtle Quick Wax - $12.50?)

* Mothers Wheel Mist - $16.90 (Available only at Home D.I.Y.)

* Turtle Wax F21 Tire Foam & Shine - $9.90

* Turtle Wax Leather Cleaner Conditioner - $12.90

* Turtle Wax Chrome - $4.90

* Turtle Wax Platinum - $11.00

turtle wax.......seen it at shell........infront of republic poly....

but i usually use KIT wash n wax.......

abit on the lazy side ah....want to wash n den wax....... :cheeky:

WAT a BABE.....Moo.....

RXZ.......jan 2006-june 2006

SP.........august 2006-dec 2007

Originally posted by nights@Dec 7 2006, 02:31 PM

* Rainx Fast Wax - Seem like out of stock (How about replacing it with Turtle Quick Wax - $12.50?)

* Mothers Wheel Mist - $16.90

* Turtle Wax Chrome - $8.50

hmm i'm using amourall wash, turtle platinum wax n turtle chrome polish now.. haha.. but the chrome polish feels different when i bought it a year back.. feels more liquid now, haha.. n i could only find it at selffix.. haha.. cant seem to find it anywhere else, for a while i tot it stopped production or smth.. lol.. but it works gd i feel.. anw for the turtle platinum, i'm using the liquid version now.. quite tedious tho.. haha.. wondering if the paste version is any better?

n carrefour carries mothers wheel mist? hmm.. shld check it out one day liaoz.. my spokes are all rusted.. haha.. tho it kinda looks gd lidat.. haha.. looks like matt black.. lol

Originally posted by maniahk@Dec 7 2006, 06:07 PM

hmm i'm using amourall wash, turtle platinum wax n turtle chrome polish now.. haha.. but the chrome polish feels different when i bought it a year back.. feels more liquid now, haha.. n i could only find it at selffix.. haha.. cant seem to find it anywhere else, for a while i tot it stopped production or smth.. lol.. but it works gd i feel.. anw for the turtle platinum, i'm using the liquid version now.. quite tedious tho.. haha.. wondering if the paste version is any better?

n carrefour carries mothers wheel mist? hmm.. shld check it out one day liaoz.. my spokes are all rusted.. haha.. tho it kinda looks gd lidat.. haha.. looks like matt black.. lol

Made a mistake here. Mothers Wheel Mist is only available at Home D.I.Y. at the moment. For turtle platinum wax, paste and liquid version should have the same lasting effect but it was quoted to last longer than spray on version.

Originally posted by tiny_168@Dec 7 2006, 09:31 PM

Hi

Juz curious how frequent do you polish your bike? especially the chrome finish in order to keep it shiny.

Probably bi-weekly depend on the weather and trip factors. For enthusiast in up keeping their bike shininess, I guess is once a week.

Originally posted by nights@Dec 7 2006, 02:31 PM

* Mothers Wheel Mist - $16.90 (Available only at Home D.I.Y.)

* Turtle Wax Chrome - $8.50

Me now using Turtle Wax Crome @$5.80 /355ml and what a shinning result !!! When stopped @ trafic light, other bikers/motorist admire the kiliat look and sure make you feels the"Satisfaction" end result. Thanks Nights for introducing the brand but wonder Carrefour selling @$8.50??? Must be for the high end market??

Cheers 2 all Cruiser Riders and ride safe. :cheer:

Cheers bro. Ride Safe Be Safe Always.:angel: :angel:

Originally posted by imjah@Dec 8 2006, 02:03 AM

Me now using Turtle Wax Crome @$5.80 /355ml and what a shinning result !!! When stopped @ trafic light, other bikers/motorist admire the kiliat look and sure make you feels the"Satisfaction" end result. Thanks Nights for introducing the brand but wonder Carrefour selling @$8.50??? Must be for the high end market??

Cheers 2 all Cruiser Riders and ride safe. :cheer:

Hmm...probably I have made a mistake with the price for the chrome wax. Will double check again at Carrefour tomorrow.

Originally posted by nights@Dec 8 2006, 02:12 PM

Alright. I have checked and confirm the price for the Turtle Chrome is selling for $4.90. I have also amended previous posting.

Thanks Nights for finding the correct price.Look like i kena chop by tis diy shop,can't blame them maybe the rent too ex in Ord Rd.

Maybe next time i'll buy @Carrfour plaza s'pura but parking got prob.Where to park??Any idea??

Cheers 2 all Cruiser Riders and ride safe. :bounce: :thumb:

Originally posted by imjah@Dec 9 2006, 12:48 AM

Maybe next time i'll buy @Carrfour plaza s'pura but parking got prob.Where to park??Any idea??

hmm.. carrefour @ ps? juz park ps la.. ha.. ps so many lots..

Originally posted by maniahk@Dec 9 2006, 02:11 AM

hmm.. carrefour @ ps? juz park ps la.. ha.. ps so many lots..

Free parking meh?? Didn't know ps allow bike to park there. oK..... thanks bro 4 the advise coz long time never visit there lel!!

Cheers 2 all Cruiser Riders and ride safe.

Currently, I'm using the following products:

(1) Waxco Wash & Wax (G-Value)

(2) Maxima Spray & Shine (K&T)

(3) GT85 (K&T)

(4) S100 Motorrad - Hoch Glanz Politur (Looi Motors)

Normally what I'd do is wash the bike with (1) first, then wipe the bike dry. Then I'd use (2) to spray on, then wipe if off for the shine. (2) is used on those parts like fuel tank. (3) will be used on the Wheel rims to give it a wipe to take off any dirt. And lastly, (4) is used on those exposed silver shiny parts that is the main built of choppers. (4) is some German brand substance, comes in a tube and squeeze out like toothpaste. Excellent product.

200 Miles Per Hour, No Hands... Damn That Would Be Cool Right Before The Part Where You Die...

Bike History

2005 - Cagiva Mito 125

2007 - Daelim Daystar 125

2008/2009 - Piaggio X9 500

2017 - Triumph Speed Triple 1050

Bro, you can skip the wash and wax if you use Spray and Shine. The stuff is already blended with cleaners that will take off stains that regular car shampoo cannot (I used to use Polyglaze).

Nowadays I just do a rinse with water (to get rid of large particles that can scratch the clearcoat). Dry the surface then apply Spray and Shine with microfibre cloth (microfibre prevents scratches from dirt being rubbed in the surface).

For 'out of sight' areas, you can skip the rinse and just wack the Spray and Shine. I tried it out recently on my wonderfully dirty undertail that's stained with mud from a wet ride and some chainlube stains, everything came right off with absolute minimum effort. I still remember expending alot of effort to clean the same undertail stain with the Polyglaze shampoo. Best part is that Spray and Shine leaves a smooth shine all in 1 step.

It works great on clear screens too, but avoid on matt plastic as it will leave white stain.

I did the Wash & Wax method only once, because I didn't wash my bike for 2 weeks. :cheeky:

Then after that, every week, I'll just use the Spray & Shine. Its really a wonder worker spray can. I'd recommend Maxima products. :thumb:

200 Miles Per Hour, No Hands... Damn That Would Be Cool Right Before The Part Where You Die...

Bike History

2005 - Cagiva Mito 125

2007 - Daelim Daystar 125

2008/2009 - Piaggio X9 500

2017 - Triumph Speed Triple 1050