SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

T Max cannot start after 30 mins riding

GoldWing9964

Gud day all..

Seeking advice/infos for my Yamaha T Max 08 model. After riding 30 mins, once l stopped and want to restart the bike, l can't start the bike already. Need to wait for at least 2 hours than can restart the bike or sometimes more than 2 hrs..

Pls help me.

TQ.

Jack

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any abnormal indications on your meter?

is your FI light lited?

check your battery contacts. might have oxidized thus causing intermittent power supply.

if none of these is happening, try changing your spark plugs.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

open up ur seat, put ur hand on the flappy thingy on top of the fuel tank access (the flappy thingy can b flipped open to c the fuel pump).

turn on ur ignition. (no nd start)

feel if there is any vibration from the fuel pump when u turn ur ignition to ON (1 hand turn key ignition, 1 hand on the flappy thingy)

diagnosis: if there's no vibration, ur fuel pump mayb faulty.

da damn pump is $300++ i think.. quick send for repair if yer bike is stil under warranty

open up ur seat, put ur hand on the flappy thingy on top of the fuel tank access (the flappy thingy can b flipped open to c the fuel pump).

turn on ur ignition. (no nd start)

feel if there is any vibration from the fuel pump when u turn ur ignition to ON (1 hand turn key ignition, 1 hand on the flappy thingy)

diagnosis: if there's no vibration, ur fuel pump mayb faulty.

da damn pump is $300++ i think.. quick send for repair if yer bike is stil under warranty

if its fuel pump faulty, how can a bike unable to start, but can start after 2 hours?

Edited by bigcow

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

if its fuel pump faulty, how can a bike unable to start, but can start after 2 hours?

when ngine is cold, there's no problem starting & there's no hint of hesitation at all...

when ngine is turned off & sat for awhile, u can't start it.

it's like the bike hinting u, go for kopi break, come back in 1.5-2hrs :faint: & pray that u dun ve to call for tow truck :(

but heng la, kena 3 times unplanned kopi breaks w/o needing tow svcs..

me can't tell u y like that... to quote the mechanic: fuel pumps dun usually spoil so fast wan lor, mayb u pumped too much boleh land petrol (which isn't true lor as i try to avoid their petrol) or plain lucky :dozed:

my new 08 majesty400 also have the same problem! I send it back to HL since it is still under warranty then ! Yes, they told me it is due to faulty fuel pump! Since then after 2 years, I didn't encounter such problem anymore(touch wood!) By the way, my ex Vespa200GT & Gilera200VXR also had the same problem! Even make in Japan bike is also not so reliable nowadays???

Can you imagine when you bike stalled at the middle of a busy traffic lights junction??? as well as when you are riding on the outer lane of a busy expressway!

QUOTE=heechye_ng;6469751]my new 08 majesty400 also have the same problem! I send it back to HL since it is still under warranty then ! Yes, they told me it is due to faulty fuel pump! Since then after 2 years, I didn't encounter such problem anymore(touch wood!) By the way, my ex Vespa200GT & Gilera200VXR also had the same problem! Even make in Japan bike is also not so reliable nowadays???

Can you imagine when you bike stalled at the middle of a busy traffic lights junction??? as well as when you are riding on the outer lane of a busy expressway!

yep.. totally agree wif u..

kinda disappointed wif jepun prdts lately, esp considering quality vis-a-vis pricing :mad:

Was there any connection sound when u press the starter? Was it intermittent, weak or indifferent? It could be the battery connectors going loose. my ex-ST had this issue too until its further fastened.

If i remb correctly, can crank but can't start. (batt was 'newly' full charged) the meter needles (speedo/fuel guage/temp) did the normal sweep thingy :dot:

go thing was it never 'died' while on the move, otherwise yama may ve to do a toyota :angel:

Edited by yogi

yep.. totally agree wif u..

kinda disappointed wif jepun prdts lately, esp considering quality vis-a-vis pricing :mad:

Could your statement be a sign for me to go continental? LOL been trying to justify on the nippon bike price..:cheers:

yep yep.. lets just say the jepunese 'forced' many potential cms away buying charging exhorbitant prices :angel: (eg vmax est. 50 large, S10 est 40 large, cb1kr ard 30 large :faint:,)

u shld (try non-jepun for a chg)

Edited by yogi

• 4 weeks later...

wow...interesting to know the japs have fuel pump issue on their scooters as well.

Have you guys rectified with Hong Leong?

The Vespas has experience some case where the engine is hot, the fuel pump stopped working.

Edited by Brembo

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!