SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

10 habits of good Riding

Guest LandLord

riding when tired will totally nullify any ability to pay attention. always stop at the road shoulder if sleepy. Dozing off on the bike is fatal

I wouldn't recommend stopping on the road shoulder. Dangerous place to be.

Get off the expressway and take another route. Keeping yourself occupied with changing gears, braking, stopping, accelerating, slowing down, changing lane etc etc can help to keep you awake.

One of the most common causes of drowsiness while riding is boredom.

I just took a 530km 9 hour ride up to Terengganu via trunk roads and at no point was I sleepy. And I have fallen asleep on just a 2 hour ride up to KL on the NS Highway. It does get very boring if there is nothing much to do, even though the speed may be faster.

Honda CG145, Honda CB150R ExMotion. And a few others in between...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Encountered some really amazing today... I was stopped at the traffic light at the left most lane. To my left is a filter lane and so there was no LEFT TURN lane at the junction where i was on. Since i was going straight i kept to the left hand side of the left most lane. (Slow rider so give space to other people... ) a Van pulled up beside me. Finally Green light... everyone was going off and suddenly this GOONDU van decided to do a LEFT TURN right in front of me... good thing i am always slow to chiong... (Scare ferrari later run red light again).

But this is a caution to all fellow riders, there are some VERY STRANGE drivers around.

Ride safe.

Guest ShaznyK
I wouldn't recommend stopping on the road shoulder. Dangerous place to be.

Get off the expressway and take another route. Keeping yourself occupied with changing gears, braking, stopping, accelerating, slowing down, changing lane etc etc can help to keep you awake.

One of the most common causes of drowsiness while riding is boredom.

I just took a 530km 9 hour ride up to Terengganu via trunk roads and at no point was I sleepy. And I have fallen asleep on just a 2 hour ride up to KL on the NS Highway. It does get very boring if there is nothing much to do, even though the speed may be faster.

I agree totally...:thumb:

That's why i driving i like to slow pick up when green light, you just won't know which urgent idiot just cut or turn anyhow in front of you. Even some king/Queen pedestrian also can run across you in red man...

Bicycle also... sometimes i really wonder what are they thinking... Maybe one day LTA will put up barricades like MRT stations... hahaa...

• 3 months later...

1.Getting up at 5 am.

2.Drinking a bottle of water first thing in the morning.

3.10 minutes of guided meditation using enjoy a moment of calm.

4.Running for 20 minutes.

5.Writing everyday for 1 to 2 hrs (I'm also a blogger), preferably in the morning.

6.Reading at least 15 mins a day on topics I really like. I prefer reading business, personal finance, marketing, psychology related stuff.

7.Following "no more zero days" method. You can read more about it here

8.Doing at least 1 thing I'm afraid of. I mean the most frightening thing, like I didn't call my gf last night.

9.Using a budget app called Finance Software for Windows & Mac. The BEST budget app EVER.

10.Coming up with 10 new ideas (on any topic) each and everyday.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • admin unpinned this topic