SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Joymax 300i EVO - Review

hachi

Try to get ur facts right, Key plus programming is only $30 and rear tires i just change for my max $100...For a set $185 carb Version TMAX, latest version should not be more than $300...

Wah bro, seems like you not very happy on what I had posted on your topic previously.Don understand why are you pursing this matter and even dig out my previous post put it up at this topic. If I had offended you in anyway, then my apology to you.

As I had already mentioned, the prices I that mentioned was quoted by Hong Leong.

Maybe you would like to share with the rest with the Tmaxers at the Tmax topic, where you got your rear tyre change and your duplicate key done at such a good price you did?

Edited by Tyson-

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Info sharing dont take to heart. No offence, just dont understanding why are you are still sharing wrong info when I correct it in the first place. I know SYM is good, but parts for jap scooters are not ex either....If you consider its replacement period.

or put it this way....

If you want SYM consider this rear tire cost $400 for Joymax 300.... I said quote form XXX shop. Will you share the correct and real time info as well....

Oil filter uses R6 and R1 ones, cost $18 or so. Even at HL, they cost only so much....Seem like you like to put down other makes and instigate others you have made a best choice.....

Is a forum and sharing is part and parcel of life.

Edited by hachi

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

$200 for front and rear? may I ask whether you are using icecream tires on your Tmax? If not where can I get the tires you mentioned?

Like I said, the prices where quoted by HL.

Seems like you are inviting for an argument and I do not see there is any thing to gain for being right or wrong. Digging up my older post from other topic and posting it here trying to prove that I have been wrong was not neccessary.

Perhaps you are right and I have been wrong.

I am just sharing with others for what I know.

Whatever it is, wish you have a good ride on your Tmax.

~ End of story... wasted time~

Machine price 6.6k Change to Joymax. I ve enjoy this bike. Cheap to own and cheap to maintain.Spare parts are cheaper than Jap and Euro bike and it is easily available.

Nexus may be cheaper to buy than Joymax but in the long run, you will end up paying more as the parts and maintenance are high cost for Nexus.

Bro are you sure Nexus cheaper? Also we all know you LOVE your SYM Joymax but other bikes are good as well it all depends on each own preference. Stop comparing ah just enjoy your bike and appreciate other maxi-scooters as well end of the day all we want from our bikes is to get from point A to point B.

$200 for front and rear? may I ask whether you are using icecream tires on your Tmax? If not where can I get the tires you mentioned?

Like I said, the prices where quoted by HL.

Seems like you are inviting for an argument and I do not see there is any thing to gain for being right or wrong. Digging up my older post from other topic and posting it here trying to prove that I have been wrong was not neccessary.

Perhaps you are right and I have been wrong.

I am just sharing with others for what I know.

Whatever it is, wish you have a good ride on your Tmax.

~ End of story... wasted time~

I am using Diablo Scooter, is it shabby by any standard? DId I mentioned you can get itMotor world..?

Maybe you can share what tires you used for your scooter? Is interesting to know. Please get your facts right here, there is no shabby tires for maxi scooters. And models to choose from are always top of the line scooter tires from those tires manufacturers..

You just cant find IRC,SHinko and some funny brands on TMAX, SW,Burgman(>400CC) and etc......Something to ponder about.....hahahahaha

No right and wrong here, if you can prove me wrong...bring it on.......

I welcome a sharing session.....If you cant provide any info that's when I called time wasted........

Edited by hachi

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

I am using Diablo Scooter, is it shabby by any standard? DId I mentioned you can get itMotor world..?

Maybe you can share what tires you used for your scooter? Is interesting to know. Please get your facts right here, there is no shabby tires for maxi scooters. And models to choose from are always top of the line scooter tires from those tires manufacturers..

You just cant find IRC,SHinko and some funny brands on TMAX, SW,Burgman(>400CC) and etc......Something to ponder about.....hahahahaha

No right and wrong here, if you can prove me wrong...bring it on.......

I welcome a sharing session.....If you cant provide any info that's when I called time wasted........

Thank you for you info. Now I know where I can get cheap and good tires when I need one.

By the way, this topic was created to review about Joymax.

When you mention sharing session, i think otherwise. You have been more like a invitation for an argument, then you wanting for a sharing session. I do not see any point to continue this arguement with you. It is just a waste of my time playing ping pong about the tiny miny. You dont have to get personal.

If you enjoy arguing about the tiny miny details pls go else where.

I do not see any gain spending as much time as you, to prove for being right or wrong either and it is also none of my business whether you are right or your are wrong.

However, if you wish to continue pursuing this, you have your own freewill to do so here as well as I have mine to reply to a ku niang who takes tiny miny matters at heart.

I am just a newbie at this forum. Please dont take me so seriously.

Good luck and Take care.

Edited by Tyson-

I did not get personal, now you are me calling names....If give you some other names, then I am at your level...Tiny matters...hmmm....I would call it sharing..

Invitation for an argument? Till now you dont have any info to argue..Like I said info sharing rather than argument, I dont argue with someone with no substance cos it will be a easy win....

But just enjoy ur ride, but pls dont put down on other makes....Just an advice....

Gear 4th

Thank you for you info. Now I know where I can get cheap and good tires when I need one.

By the way, this topic was created to review about Joymax.

When you mention sharing session, i think otherwise. You have been more like a invitation for an argument, then you wanting for a sharing session. I do not see any point to continue this arguement with you. It is just a waste of my time playing ping pong about the tiny miny. You dont have to get personal.

If you enjoy arguing about the tiny miny details pls go else where.

I do not see any gain spending as much time as you, to prove for being right or wrong either and it is also none of my business whether you are right or your are wrong.

However, if you wish to continue pursuing this, you have your own freewill to do so here as well as I have mine to reply to a ku niang who takes tiny miny matters at heart.

I am just a newbie at this forum. Please dont take me so seriously.

Good luck and Take care.

You say review but your review very one sided only the good of the Joymax never the bad...all bikes no matter what got good and bad but yours only glowing on your Joymax which you LOVE!!! so much...you working for SYM or what?

For the benefit of potential Joymax buyers...I just check with MAh recently...for me a 33yrs only $8.8K otr...but stock only come end of the mth...but I am actually quite shock as I check with kymco downtown300i, it cost close to $12k..??!!...Mah giving discount?

http://www.bikehk.com/photo/2005/p004233/001.jpg

My past n present ride...

1995 - Honda C70

1996 - TZR125 (FJ3462G)

1997 - TZRR125 (FM8630P)

1998 - CBR400RRR (FP6854H) / Skipper125 (FL8169K)

1999 - Skipper125 (FL8169K) / RVF400 (FQ7918X) / LC125 (FB9950)

2000 - Skipper125 (FL8169K) / Kawasaki ZXR750 P1 (FN5572M) / Toyota Starlet EP70 (SBH908R)

2001 - Skipper125 (FL8169K) / TZM 150 (FS4806U) / Daihatsu Hijet (GM3346G)

2002 - Skipper125 (FL8169K) / Toyota Starlet EP80 (SBR6249S)

2003 - Skipper125 (FL8196K) / XR200R (FS7249H)/ CBR900 (FJ76H)

2004 - XR200R (FS7249H) / Africa Twin 750 (FR1403Z) / Hyundai Accent 1.5L (SFF738C)

2005 - XR200R (FS7249H) / Honda Foresight 250 (FP9848G) / Atlantic200 (FZ5766H) / Mini (SFM9943E) / Hyundai Accent 1.5L (SFF738C)

2006 - Atlantic200 (FZ5576H) / Mini (SFM9943E) / Hyundai Tucson (SGC1185U)

2007 - DRZ400SM (FBBXXXX) / SWIFT SPORT (SGNXXXX)

Next - ....350Z???

For the benefit of potential Joymax buyers...I just check with MAh recently...for me a 33yrs only $8.8K otr...but stock only come end of the mth...but I am actually quite shock as I check with kymco downtown300i, it cost close to $12k..??!!...Mah giving discount?

bro Mah quoted $8.8k is it OTR price and is inclusive of COE,Road Tax,ERP & Ins ect?

I was quoted 11k (Nett) on Jun10 by Mah.

hi what do you mean stock only come end of the month? Do you mean they have no more Joymax left?

Got my Joymax 300 at 9000 nett with M motor, yew heng group.

Congrats! Finally there is another Joymaxer!

Wah bro you got a good buy. Cheaper than me. May I know how old are you? Is your ins 1st party or 2nd party?9k is a good buy.

To prolong the engine life, my advise is not to rev your engine to hard for the first 1000km. Manual stated change EO and GO for at 300km.

Another tips on Joymax; If you turn your rear suspension to the maximum (left turn), you will notice a more comfortable and not so bumpy ride. That's what I had did on mine Joymax. You will need mehcanic to do it as it may require special tools to turn the thing.

Edited by Tyson-

yes you are right. It only shine at 1 side at any time. Normally I don even turn on the headlight at night as the eyebrow lighting is bright enough for me unless the traffic is congested, I will turn the headlight on for added safety. By the way, it has a built in fog light too! I only realised it when I got the bike and it is bright and it looks cool.

Hi there. Been looking for a second scooter and joymax was one of my options... Downtown kinda got my initial attention but the price is just horrible! I could go for an MP3 for almost the same price! Anyway just wondering, how much is a full service for this bike perhaps basing on the old gts pricing? Thanks :)

The cost of servicing is not much of a difference as compare to GTS. The GTS EO change is 1000ml where Joymax EO change is 1200ml. I had done my Joymax servicing for less than $30 using full synthetic. Bought 1L of EO and the bike shop is willing to top up the remaining 200ml for free as wouldnt mine mixing the EO with different brand as long as they are of the similar grade.

In fact I had read somewhere, that chinese scooters dont really to run on fully syn as the regular oil change is more important than the grade of oil. So I am convinced that I will use a lower grade oil for my future oil change. Perhaps semi syn or lower.