SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda ST1300

CAS

hi stx13 riders.. few queries on the bike.

Is the bike some sort of diy friendly on minor stuff? eg. can the spark plug, fuse, light blub easily replace by oneself?

Is there any recommended schedule mileage servicing for this bike? eg, valve adjustment or timing belt replacement? other than normal engine and shaft oil change.

Pls kindly advice me as i am interested to get one.

Thanks and ride safe to all Pan Europeaner :D

yup, eo, plugs, air filter, front bulbs are easy to diy change. rear lights, quite a hassle. other recommended maintenance, i not too sure. :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yup, eo, plugs, air filter, front bulbs are easy to diy change. rear lights, quite a hassle. other recommended maintenance, i not too sure. :)

hey @armani123sg i appreciated your reply.

btw is there any typical known issue with stx1300 06 model?

Any key things i need to take note of upon viewing the bike?

btw u own both sw snd stx? that's cool :D

:cheer:

Glad to have u in my life : ) Always love one another!

hey @armani123sg i appreciated your reply.

btw is there any typical known issue with stx1300 06 model?

Any key things i need to take note of upon viewing the bike?

btw u own both sw snd stx? that's cool :D

I looking to get sw. Dun have it yet. Sold my stx. It was an awesome bike. Comfy, damn fast n nimble. Totally loved it. But was able to get a gd deal, so sold it off to try goldwing. Just for fun. Haha. My fren selling his 06 stx. Maybe u can view his? Its in great shape n very well taken of.

Right now, i have a goldwing n st11. Love st11, its slower but damn stable. Goldwing is seriously a great experience. Feel so luxurious on e road.

Hi Bros,

Recently while i was in Hatyai MY STX encountered overheat problem.My bike stalled while riding in town area.(my speed was 30 -40 km/h)

THe bike suddenly become very hot and stops but able to continue ride after half hour rest/cool down.Prelimanary check while the bike down

1 )The engine hot indicator bar - always at 3rd bar and never reach 4th bar

2)the engine air temp at 36C

3)the coolant reservoir is sufficient,both fan is working .no leakage of coolant found on the floor.no burning/any electrical wire catch fire symphtom observed.

4)F1 light never lights on and working fine.

And again while returning to sadao border the bike stall again due travelling at lower speed and at same time need to stop at traffic light

I suspect some thing wrong with the thermostat or the water pump.??

Any body has encounter this kind of problem before?

fyi - before this trip i flush the old coolant and replace a new coolant. thiis problem happen during day time after noon time -typical sunny day in Hadyai

Only observation is -i felt the right fairing near the foot is slightly hotter than left side fairing.

There is no problem while crusing malaysian highway at high speed(above 90km/h) and I'm lucky enough to reach singapore without need to tow the bike back home.

I am not super knowledgeable, but my guess is that ur water pump is spoilt. Cause u said that e levels of coolant didnt change, so i guess e water pump is not pumping into e radiator, which is causing e overheating. 1 wayto find out is to warm up e bike n feel if e radiator is hot, if its not then water pump not doing its job. Just my guess. :)

Hi Bros,

Recently while i was in Hatyai MY STX encountered overheat problem.My bike stalled while riding in town area.(my speed was 30 -40 km/h)

THe bike suddenly become very hot and stops but able to continue ride after half hour rest/cool down.Prelimanary check while the bike down

3)the coolant reservoir is sufficient,both fan is working .no leakage of coolant found on the floor.no burning/any electrical wire catch fire symphtom observed.

And again while returning to sadao border the bike stall again due travelling at lower speed and at same time need to stop at traffic light

fyi - before this trip i flush the old coolant and replace a new coolant. thiis problem happen during day time after noon time -typical sunny day in Hadyai

Only observation is -i felt the right fairing near the foot is slightly hotter than left side fairing.

There is no problem while crusing malaysian highway at high speed(above 90km/h) and I'm lucky enough to reach singapore without need to tow the bike back home.

I looking to get sw. Dun have it yet. Sold my stx. It was an awesome bike. Comfy, damn fast n nimble. Totally loved it. But was able to get a gd deal, so sold it off to try goldwing. Just for fun. Haha. My fren selling his 06 stx. Maybe u can view his? Its in great shape n very well taken of.

Right now, i have a goldwing n st11. Love st11, its slower but damn stable. Goldwing is seriously a great experience. Feel so luxurious on e road.

i see.. wah u own two of the honda premium bikes!

sw is pretty comfortable too and low in maintenance..

mind meeting up for kopi to share your experience on stx13? likewise i can share my experience on silverwing too.

:cheer:

Glad to have u in my life : ) Always love one another!

Dear Bob,

I had encountered the same problem.

Which year was your ST13?

Did the rmp surge up and down on its own before stalling?

I manage to resolve the issue by changing 30510-MCC-003 Pulser Ignition Coil cost over $200. Some ST riders that resolve the same issue by changing a complete fuel pump cost around $600 or a cheaper alternative is to change just the fuel pump.

You could also check out http://www.st-owners.com/forums/

Hi Bros,

Hi guys, im selling my 200km used Progessive fully adjustable with preload at $800... very new condition... if interested pls msg 93620710.. thanks

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 2

http://amptrooper.10.forumer.com/images/smiles/amptrooper/Emoticon%20Star%20Wars%20154.gif http://amptrooper.10.forumer.com/images/smiles/amptrooper/AMP.gif

Dear Bob,

I had encountered the same problem.

Which year was your ST13?

Did the rmp surge up and down on its own before stalling?

I manage to resolve the issue by changing 30510-MCC-003 Pulser Ignition Coil cost over $200. Some ST riders that resolve the same issue by changing a complete fuel pump cost around $600 or a cheaper alternative is to change just the fuel pump.

You could also check out http://www.st-owners.com/forums/

Hi azzy,

Mine is year 06,

I never notice the Rpm behaviour but the bike was like jerking before stalling.BTW what is 30510-MCC -003 coil...What is fuction of this coil and where it loacated/installed on the bike.?

May I know which bike shop managed to chg this coil for you?

I am not super knowledgeable, but my guess is that ur water pump is spoilt. Cause u said that e levels of coolant didnt change, so i guess e water pump is not pumping into e radiator, which is causing e overheating. 1 wayto find out is to warm up e bike n feel if e radiator is hot, if its not then water pump not doing its job. Just my guess. :)

Thks for advice bro.

Hi azzy,

Mine is year 06,

I never notice the Rpm behaviour but the bike was like jerking before stalling.BTW what is 30510-MCC -003 coil...What is fuction of this coil and where it loacated/installed on the bike.?

May I know which bike shop managed to chg this coil for you?

30510-MCC-003 Pulser Ignition Coil is connected to the spark plug. 2 units for left and right on the frame above the cylinder head.

I went to HKL (white green sign board opposite Juzzwheel) look for Ah Jiang.

Hi, I just bought a Oct 08 maroon color ST13 from Bike Production today at 18K... Is't reasonable price ?

If any meet up pls count me in ya... 97669911 tks.

1985 LC 125

1986 LC RD 125 Power valve

1987 LC 350

1988 LC 125

1995 CB 250

1998 Super 4

2000 Hyundai Accent 1.3

2004 Mit Lancer GLX 1.6

2008 Honda civic 2.0 Si (FD2A)

2011 Honda wave 125S

The ABS light on the dashboard turns on and flash non-stop (constant flashing), its not showing any form of error code. This happen when bike idle too long with high temperature. Any guys out there can help?

Hi Dlight,

Check your charge voltage when idle with headlight on should be 13.5 v. When you bike idle too long with high temperature, radiator fan will kick on and off a few times and what is your volt reading - eg 12.5 v. If the charge is not correct than battery will not get sufficient charge. Let check out this theory.

Hi guys, how about a meetup at 23rd Mar 2013 which is today at simpang bedok 7-11?

http://amptrooper.10.forumer.com/images/smiles/amptrooper/Emoticon%20Star%20Wars%20154.gif http://amptrooper.10.forumer.com/images/smiles/amptrooper/AMP.gif

Sorry, the timing ard 8pm. Is it okay with u guys? Can contact me at 93620710 ya

Hi Dlight,

Check your charge voltage when idle with headlight on should be 13.5 v. When you bike idle too long with high temperature, radiator fan will kick on and off a few times and what is your volt reading - eg 12.5 v. If the charge is not correct than battery will not get sufficient charge. Let check out this theory.

Azzy2327 can you advise what is your idling rpm?

My idling voltage is 12.2v at 800rpm, I guess this might be the problem as it is not charging enough to run the electrical components on bike. I'm stripping my batt off to do a recharge and will also be adjusting the idling rpm up to 900rpm to give a higher voltage when idle. Lets see if it works and will keep you guys posted on the outcome.

Hi Dlight,

Azzy2327 can you advise what is your idling rpm?

My idling voltage is 12.2v at 800rpm, I guess this might be the problem as it is not charging enough to run the electrical components on bike. I'm stripping my batt off to do a recharge and will also be adjusting the idling rpm up to 900rpm to give a higher voltage when idle. Lets see if it works and will keep you guys posted on the outcome.