SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda ST1300

CAS

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi bros, is the stx always so hot??? I've always ridden carb bikes, n i'm really shocked at the heat of e stx. I dont think got any cooling issues. :)

Well known issue. Not really an issue if you create some cutout underneath the front cowling below the headlights area. It helps.

Is it? Icic. Directly under the headlight? Thank you!

Under the headlight area. There are black panels left and right of the bike near the sensor. That panel cut out some air strips to allow air to flow in and push out through the side fairings. I have a pic posted about this somewhere in st11 or st13 thread.

Just a check with you guys, have any of your windshields coating peel off?

Is there a cure or it's just doomed for replacement?

My Rides:

LuLu, Piaggio Gilera Runner FXR 180 (Feb05-Aug05)

PhanPhan, Honda Phantom TA 200 (Aug05-July07)

Leyley, HD Sportster XL1200R (Jul07-July09)

TiTi, Yamaha Majesty YP250 (Jul07-Oct09)

DyNaNa, HD FXDX Dyna SGS (Jul09-Dec10)

LanPaPa, Vespa Excel PX150XE (Oct09-Jul10)

PiaSekSek, Piaggio X8 (Aug10-Dec10)

Stixie, Honda ST1300A (Jan11-Nov15)

Giogio, Piaggio MP3 400IE (Nov15-??)

I am into mid life crisis and want to buy a ST1300 to go for touring ride to malaysia or thailand.... Can anyone pls point me in the right direction which shop got sell an 06 onwards st1300. I would prefer a white or white & white combi color. Cannot get a maroon.

I appreciate if you can sms, whatsapp me at 93368878 for fast pointers and deals

I am into mid life crisis and want to buy a ST1300 to go for touring ride to malaysia or thailand.... Can anyone pls point me in the right direction which shop got sell an 06 onwards st1300. I would prefer a white or white & white combi color. Cannot get a maroon.

I appreciate if you can sms, whatsapp me at 93368878 for fast pointers and deals

• 2 weeks later...

Just a meetup anyone? I don't even know anyone riding this bike, just wanna make more St Frens ...

http://amptrooper.10.forumer.com/images/smiles/amptrooper/Emoticon%20Star%20Wars%20154.gif http://amptrooper.10.forumer.com/images/smiles/amptrooper/AMP.gif

Any of u have used STP fuel injector cleaner before? I used it and i'm amazed. I used to constantly get 14.5km/l but then i just thought of trying this. Called ah chong from planet to ask if these stuff work and he gave me e green light. I bought 1 bottle for $9+. It states can be used for 21 gallons of petrol so i estimated about 1/4 bottle n poured into my petrol tank. I already travelled about 50km then only i added it.

Only 1 time and the whole ride changed! It was so smooth! My gf who is always my pillion is very sensitive to changes or sounds coming from e bike and even she was amazed. Usually my fuelmeter flickers once i reach 340km but this time, it flickered only at 380km! Super amazed!! FC became 16.8km/l in just one application!

I am not a saleman n i am not promoting this product. I am sharing my experience because i am a person who is very afraid of additives in e fuel tank so i am sharing for those who r afraid like me. I wont add any more n see how long this smoothness lasts. Will update once it gets rough again ir if i encounter any problem. :)

Regards

Armani

Hi folks, I recently bought a 05 model ST13 from a private dealer and suffice to say it has been giving me a few problems. My biggest grouse is with the random blinking ABS light that comes on whenever it feels like it. The EFI light even illuminated at one point and scared the **** out of me. I brought it to the dealer's authorized mechanic but the fellow basically has no clue what the hell he is doing. The dealer just tell me its the sensor problem nothing wrong with the brakes, which is quite frankly a load of BS. I have already brought the bike to the same workshop twice but the problem is still there. And now the dealer ask me to bring the bike back to check one more time. What a waste of time! And the rubber seal running from the right fairing pocket to the right wing came loose. I mean **** comes in a package!

Yesterday I was on the road when all of a sudden I heard funny noises coming from the rear brakes or maybe it was the shaft I have no idea. Happened at lower gears only and at intervals. It sounded like metal grinding (like rusty brakes that have not been lubed for ages) and totally ruined my ride. It was like something out of a horror movie. My patience with this certain workshop in Ubi is wearing thin. The mechanic there is in my humble opinion CMI. He does not even have a CL2 license and has no idea how to run a diagnostic test. I suspect the issue is with the ABS computer.

Anyone had similar issues? Any advice and any reputable shop to recommend? I don't mind paying to fix the problems once and for all. Just want stress free riding. Thanks!

Edited by illume80

"The usual moral distinctions between good and bad are simply drowned in a maudlin emotion in which we feel more sympathy for the murderer than the murdered, for the adulterer than the betrayed, and in which we have actually begun to believe the real guilty party, the one who somehow caused it all, is the victim and not the perpetrator of the crime." - Robert Fitch

Hi folks, I recently bought a 05 model ST13 from a private dealer and suffice to say it has been giving me a few problems. My biggest grouse is with the random blinking ABS light that comes on whenever it feels like it. The EFI light even illuminated at one point and scared the **** out of me. I brought it to the dealer's authorized mechanic but the fellow basically has no clue what the hell he is doing. The dealer just tell me its the sensor problem nothing wrong with the brakes, which is quite frankly a load of BS. I have already brought the bike to the same workshop twice but the problem is still there. And now the dealer ask me to bring the bike back to check one more time. What a waste of time! And the rubber seal running from the right fairing pocket to the right wing came loose. I mean **** comes in a package!

Yesterday I was on the road when all of a sudden I heard funny noises coming from the rear brakes or maybe it was the shaft I have no idea. Happened at lower gears only and at intervals. It sounded like metal grinding (like rusty brakes that have not been lubed for ages) and totally ruined my ride. It was like something out of a horror movie. My patience with this certain workshop in Ubi is wearing thin. The mechanic there is in my humble opinion CMI. He does not even have a CL2 license and has no idea how to run a diagnostic test. I suspect the issue is with the ABS computer.

Anyone had similar issues? Any advice and any reputable shop to recommend? I don't mind paying to fix the problems once and for all. Just want stress free riding. Thanks!

Try bikeworkz bro. From my friend's experience, e mech there is good. But it would be a good idea not to leave your bike there. Best to stay and watch what is being done. :)

Hi bros, anyone interested to share a Bikemaster TruGel battery purchase with me? Battery costs USD119 each. Shipping for 1 piece is USD61 and 2 pieces its USD89. So I was wondering if anyone interested to share so that can save like USD15. just need 1 more buyer. This battery contains gel instead of liquid, so it lasts longer. Harley bikes only can use this battery due to vibrations. Our bike doesn't need this but I just wanted to try. :)

For the ABS light, mine also starts to blink recently but only when it gets hot. Also experience EFI light coming up after 3900RPM, i.e. abt 120km/hr in 5th gear at one time but now its gone.

When ABS light is blinking, think the ABS is not working cause i brake hard once and the front tyre squeak. Thats in the dry and bike is stable. The EFI light blinking at above 3900RPM don't seems to affect the bike in any way, both my experience and online forum. Got a fight also when first experience. Anyway, it not likely to fail suddenly as i am riding the bike daily with the ABS blinking problem for the fast two months : ).

Problem i highly believe is the aging of the harness due to long term exporsure of high temperature. I spoke to Ah Hiong (chief mech) at HKL and his experience with Honda bike is that the heat can affect the electrics. That is after long time exposure to high heat, the wiring harden and connection affected. This usually triggers off some sensors. As it only happens when temp goes up, it is very difficult to diagnose and also there is nothing wrong with the sensor/component.

Understand that from yr 08/09 onwards, the ST13 comes with an improved harness to tahan the heat better. For our older bikes, the way out seems to be to change the wire harness - which should tahan for a good 5 years or more. Mike is 06 model and the problem came this year, i.e. bike 6 years old.

What's the mileage of your bike? The other major items that you need to look into include the alternator which may kong out anytime after 85K.

I suggest you can look into changing the harness, and at the same time change the alternator (if not changed before), the water pump, service the brakes, fork oil, clutch plate, etc. A full overhaul. Yes, a few $K involved but gives you absolute peace of mind especially when you are touring.

I usually service at HKL and am going in to change the harness, clutch plate, and other components next month.

Psalm 144:3-4

O LORD, what is man that you regard him, the son of man that you think of him?

Man is like a breath; his days are like a passing shadow.

@ illume80..

I am not ST13 owner, but I can advise based some general knowledge.

Harness should not be the concern unless your bike temp can go up to 300+ deg..as the are metal..

Indicater light go off only under 2 condition :

(1) the system actually goes wrong i.e EFI or ABS..(serious!)

(2) Some short circuit happened...current is let pass through the bulb unintentionally..(flustrated)..

For (1) you must seek help to rectified ASAP.

For (2) there are a few reason to it and you must look out for it. Try to narrow down to a specify system i.e if for ABS..run through only the electrical or along the harness for this system only..not necessary to replace the whole bike harness system without knowing what's wrong first.

I suggest you do the below:

A) check the relay....if it is old enough under vibration..you can get light blinking.

B) Chek the connector....most harness or connector is made of metal..but the housing is plastic..it can get soften and with differential of expansion with metal parts deformed can happen under high heat, so the connection is affected....you'll get this say "once the bike heat up"

I hope this will help...

Edited by ooitn

FJR 1300...

以德æœäºº...

Thanks for the tip! How do you rate the HKL mechanic? Reckon he can solve my problem? I stay West area so maybe better to do my servicing there. I don't think the bike requires a full overhaul at the moment. Mileage 115+KM. My ABS light start blinking the moment I move off! But the EFI light does not illuminate anymore after the last attempt to fix the problem.

I had to engage the brakes hard yesterday to avoid a collision and lost balance so had to let the bike tip over. I think if the ABS was working then this could have been avoided.

By the way, I like the verse you quoted. God bless.

For the ABS light, mine also starts to blink recently but only when it gets hot. Also experience EFI light coming up after 3900RPM, i.e. abt 120km/hr in 5th gear at one time but now its gone.

When ABS light is blinking, think the ABS is not working cause i brake hard once and the front tyre squeak. Thats in the dry and bike is stable. The EFI light blinking at above 3900RPM don't seems to affect the bike in any way, both my experience and online forum. Got a fight also when first experience. Anyway, it not likely to fail suddenly as i am riding the bike daily with the ABS blinking problem for the fast two months : ).

Problem i highly believe is the aging of the harness due to long term exporsure of high temperature. I spoke to Ah Hiong (chief mech) at HKL and his experience with Honda bike is that the heat can affect the electrics. That is after long time exposure to high heat, the wiring harden and connection affected. This usually triggers off some sensors. As it only happens when temp goes up, it is very difficult to diagnose and also there is nothing wrong with the sensor/component.

Understand that from yr 08/09 onwards, the ST13 comes with an improved harness to tahan the heat better. For our older bikes, the way out seems to be to change the wire harness - which should tahan for a good 5 years or more. Mike is 06 model and the problem came this year, i.e. bike 6 years old.

What's the mileage of your bike? The other major items that you need to look into include the alternator which may kong out anytime after 85K.

I suggest you can look into changing the harness, and at the same time change the alternator (if not changed before), the water pump, service the brakes, fork oil, clutch plate, etc. A full overhaul. Yes, a few $K involved but gives you absolute peace of mind especially when you are touring.

I usually service at HKL and am going in to change the harness, clutch plate, and other components next month.

"The usual moral distinctions between good and bad are simply drowned in a maudlin emotion in which we feel more sympathy for the murderer than the murdered, for the adulterer than the betrayed, and in which we have actually begun to believe the real guilty party, the one who somehow caused it all, is the victim and not the perpetrator of the crime." - Robert Fitch

Thanks for the sound advice. I know this bike is not exactly easy to service and maintain if you do not have the necessary technical knowledge. Thus all the more I need to find a competent mechanic to fix the problem. For me $$$ is not an issue as long as the job gets done and the price is reasonable. The thing about ST13 is that the engine heats up really fast. Hopefully the problem is not with the ABS. Guess I'll have to find another workshop then.

@ illume80..

I am not ST13 owner, but I can advise based some general knowledge.

Harness should not be the concern unless your bike temp can go up to 300+ deg..as the are metal..

Indicater light go off only under 2 condition :

(1) the system actually goes wrong i.e EFI or ABS..(serious!)

(2) Some short circuit happened...current is let pass through the bulb unintentionally..(flustrated)..

For (1) you must seek help to rectified ASAP.

For (2) there are a few reason to it and you must look out for it. Try to narrow down to a specify system i.e if for ABS..run through only the electrical or along the harness for this system only..not necessary to replace the whole bike harness system without knowing what's wrong first.

I suggest you do the below:

A) check the relay....if it is old enough under vibration..you can get light blinking.

B) Chek the connector....most harness or connector is made of metal..but the housing is plastic..it can get soften and with differential of expansion with metal parts deformed can happen under high heat, so the connection is affected....you'll get this say "once the bike heat up"

I hope this will help...