SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda ST1300

CAS

lol Bro, nice pic. So fast already uploaded. Just went to Gopa, after I fixed back the mirror, signal light go heywire. He fixed it for me at no cost but die die wants me to go back to do servicing.

Looking forward to next supper trip :)

Hehehehe...

Your baby is still new no need service so fast le...

kekeke

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if really so worried my suggestion is dont go in. why go in to fill stomach and continue to worried if bike still there after you finish eating. i went in and out often, BUT only to limited area that i am comfortable with the security of the premises. Other than that, pump in and go out. If feel lazy, i let the bike enjoy sg petrol..thats it. if eating at those roadside stall, i make sure bike is infront of stall. Some of the shopping centre are pro sg, so their security is enhanced but after all these we must make take our precautions. We can only minimize the chances but we cant zero avoid.

if really so worried my suggestion is dont go in. why go in to fill stomach and continue to worried if bike still there after you finish eating. i went in and out often, BUT only to limited area that i am comfortable with the security of the premises. Other than that, pump in and go out. If feel lazy, i let the bike enjoy sg petrol..thats it. if eating at those roadside stall, i make sure bike is infront of stall. Some of the shopping centre are pro sg, so their security is enhanced but after all these we must make take our precautions. We can only minimize the chances but we cant zero avoid.

:thumb: :cheeky:

Agree wat you say. Nowdays i don't ride there just for the sick to pump. once back home super tired so i just pump in sg. if go for long trip ok. keke

2002 - 2005 HONDA NSR SP150

2005 - 2007 HONDA SUPERFOUR VTEC CB400

2007 - 2012 HONDA STX1300

2012 - 2016 KIA PICANTO

2016 - YAMAHA MT-09 TRACER

Agree wat you say. Nowdays i don't ride there just for the sick to pump. once back home super tired so i just pump in sg. if go for long trip ok. keke

hi chuacl..how have you been.long time no hear.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello all

I'm considering getting an STX1300, but have heard news about it wobbing at high speeds above 150-160km/h, especially if riding one up without pillion.

Has anyone experienced this phenomenon while riding up NSHW? Thanks.

Most got to do with the suspension setting. Get it right, no prob. My personal experience, one up with top box and crossing wind weave starting at 180km/h. one up with no top box, no prob at all.

Psalm 144:3-4

O LORD, what is man that you regard him, the son of man that you think of him?

Man is like a breath; his days are like a passing shadow.

Hello all

I'm considering getting an STX1300, but have heard news about it wobbing at high speeds above 150-160km/h, especially if riding one up without pillion.

BTW, getting new or pre-owned?

Friend selling 2003 beige colour STX. Full accessories including fairing and mirror wind deflector, powerless, fork brace (it works!), fender extender, etc. etc. Price neg. Friend not riding anymore. Drop me a pm if interested.

Most got to do with the suspension setting. Get it right, no prob. My personal experience, one up with top box and crossing wind weave starting at 180km/h. one up with no top box, no prob at all.

hi ongcs- where is a good place to get the suspension setting done? tot of chnaging back n front springs to hyperpro. any one used em b3?

"Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. It doesn't mean its wrong or right."

Hello all

Taken from st-owners.com

Last, I saw some youtube videos posted by a Taiwanese STX rider where he filmed this phenomenon on his own bike, and it really looked scary. Here are the videos, and I translate his comments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcfBdJQfRjw

0.06 - It's starting to shake/weave

0.15 - It's shaking so bad I'm almost going to crash into the road divider

0.18 - My friend's pillion apparently noticed my loss of control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VutXlebJbSw

0.05 - It's starting to shake/weave

0.10 - In order to keep up with my friend's bike, I started to accelerate. As a result...

0.20 - Oh my gosh! I really wanted to jump off the bike!

0.28 - Thankfully it started to stabilize. May my ancestors watch over me...

:)

hi ongcs- where is a good place to get the suspension setting done? tot of chnaging back n front springs to hyperpro. any one used em b3?

Hi

You can set yourself. Firstly preload not too soft - the big black knob - think should be at least to 3/4 way. Then the rebound - which need to use screwdriver thru' the small hole below - think it's all the way clockwise and then 1/2 turn back. Sorry, also cannot remember exactly how much to adjust. Did it 2 yrs plus ago. Can find at stoc-owner.com website where's there's quite a bit of discussion on this. Any other bro can help?

Ordered my hyerpro front and back springs. Should be arriving within 2 weeks. Looking fwd to it :cool:

Hi

You can set yourself. Firstly preload not too soft - the big black knob - think should be at least to 3/4 way. Then the rebound - which need to use screwdriver thru' the small hole below - think it's all the way clockwise and then 1/2 turn back. Sorry, also cannot remember exactly how much to adjust. Did it 2 yrs plus ago. Can find at stoc-owner.com website where's there's quite a bit of discussion on this. Any other bro can help?

Ordered my hyerpro front and back springs. Should be arriving within 2 weeks. Looking fwd to it :cool:

Nice.. How much the hypo springs cost?

Nice.. How much the hypo springs cost?

about USD 292 for the front and back combo. Works out to be just below SGD 400. Shipping cost differs depending on your lobang. I am using comGateway which provides me with an US address.

BTW, getting new or pre-owned?

Friend selling 2003 beige colour STX. Full accessories including fairing and mirror wind deflector, powerless, fork brace (it works!), fender extender, etc. etc. Price neg. Friend not riding anymore. Drop me a pm if interested.

Does ur friend want to sell accessories?

Taken from st-owners.com

Last, I saw some youtube videos posted by a Taiwanese STX rider where he filmed this phenomenon on his own bike, and it really looked scary. Here are the videos, and I translate his comments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcfBdJQfRjw

0.06 - It's starting to shake/weave

0.15 - It's shaking so bad I'm almost going to crash into the road divider

0.18 - My friend's pillion apparently noticed my loss of control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VutXlebJbSw

0.05 - It's starting to shake/weave

0.10 - In order to keep up with my friend's bike, I started to accelerate. As a result...

0.20 - Oh my gosh! I really wanted to jump off the bike!

0.28 - Thankfully it started to stabilize. May my ancestors watch over me...

:)

I got same issue.......more than 200km/h start to weave with pillion....on top box on my bike....my STX is brand new one...fully stock...front and rear tyre BT020......DOR 11.09.2010....

I got same issue.......more than 200km/h start to weave with pillion....on top box on my bike....my STX is brand new one...fully stock...front and rear tyre BT020......DOR 11.09.2010....

What pressure pump your tyres?

Maybe wanna up 2 level your rear suspension.

Bro, What do you mean by up 2 level of rear suspension? How to do it?

Bro located at owners manual for STX13 or ST11

The rear shock absorber has five adjustment positions for different load or riding conditions. Remove the right saddlebag (page 42) and right side cover (page 71). Use the pin spanner in the tool kit to adjust the rear shock.

•Position 1 is for a light load and smooth road conditions.

•Position 2 is the standard position.

•Positions 3 to 5 increase spring preload for a stiffer rear suspension, and can be used when the motorcycle is more heavily loaded.

Currently using position or level 3 now

Currently using position or level 3 now

Bro, from the manual, there are rear suspension and spring preload chapters. Rear suspension has soft and hard setting. Which setting is better for Singapore / Highway road? As for Spring preload, There are Low, standard and high. I set it to standard.

Anyway, I don't know rear suspension and spring preload setting are for what purpose.

Does ur friend want to sell accessories?

Think he prefer to sell as a total package. Will let you know otherwise.

about USD 292 for the front and back combo. Works out to be just below SGD 400. Shipping cost differs depending on your lobang. I am using comGateway which provides me with an US address.

cool;) can i ask are u installing urself or a particular shop u be geting it done? am interested too to get em but would llike to know a reliable shop who can do a great job isntalling and adjusting them accordingly.

"Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. It doesn't mean its wrong or right."

cool;) can i ask are u installing urself or a particular shop u be geting it done? am interested too to get em but would llike to know a reliable shop who can do a great job isntalling and adjusting them accordingly.

Definitely at workshop. Likely HKL. Or you can send to Meng Tong at Sporting Motor - Kaki Bukit Autobay 02-60.