SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda VFR1200

fruitcakepablohoney

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI all,

to keep forum a bit noisy.

Had bought the shorai lithim battery ..

Will share personal experience once installed.

Do you feel any difference?

I'm changing my battery soon. I'm thinking of Ballistic Battery actually.

Also,

Anybody had experience in DAM exhaust ..

Look really nice and sound really impressive ..

http://www.damexhaust.com/mybike.php?lang=en&brand_id=75&model_id=214&type_id=359

let me know if anybody has interest or experience in this can ..

I'll get this if it's legal here.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s189/muddyxr/pic-billboard.jpg

Hi Muddy,

The shorai battery is lighter as compared to the YTZs14 by around 2 kg .. (I think). It is quite easy to replaced. Just removed and stick the supplied sponge and rehook up the wires. Psychologically, feel the bike lighter .. lol ..

The bike is able to start up quite fast .. May be for new battery. I bought this mainly because of charges retention and easy recharge (~ 2 hrs riding per mth is enough). It is more x than the Yuasa. Hopefully it can last longer as stated. Feel gd ..

I hope somebody knew abt the DAM exhaust . It look really nice to fit on the VFR ... Will chk further next time ..

Cheers

safe riding ...

All Honda's : CV400, Magna 750, ST1300, VFR1200F, PCX150

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, also went with up to Fraser's Hill last weekend with the VFR. The bike corners like it's on rails. Handles very well. DCT worked flawlessly. It was so good that I left it on D mode instead of manually shifting it. Didn't need S as the torque is good and corners were tight and closely spaced.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

By the way, also went with up to Fraser's Hill last weekend with the VFR. The bike corners like it's on rails. Handles very well. DCT worked flawlessly. It was so good that I left it on D mode instead of manually shifting it. Didn't need S as the torque is good and corners were tight and closely spaced.

How about riding down the Frazer's Hill. Do you switch to S mode for the extra engine braking. I'm very interested with DCT.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s189/muddyxr/pic-billboard.jpg

Hi ther

Wat i meant was the pillion seat for long trips n their body position(Upright or lean like sportbike)

Cheers

Kind of in between. But if you have a rear box, pillion can lean back and it's pretty upright. Definitely more comfortable than sports bike. Seat is wider too.

the seat is slippery and the pilion may slide down and knock the front .. I never pilion anybody yet but this is what I heard fr another guy ...

VFR1200 is a sport tourer and mine feeling is that 2 up riding may not be as comfortable as ST11 or ST13 ..

All Honda's : CV400, Magna 750, ST1300, VFR1200F, PCX150

the seat is slippery and the pilion may slide down and knock the front .. I never pilion anybody yet but this is what I heard fr another guy ...

VFR1200 is a sport tourer and mine feeling is that 2 up riding may not be as comfortable as ST11 or ST13 ..

That's true. The seat is a bit slippery. Good if you're in the twisting alone where you need to do side-to-side. But under braking, tendency for pillion to slide forward.

Is fun to read all your replied and review for the VFR but really not active over here.

I am aiming for this bike. I ride everyday to work and will fetch my gf often.

Still wondering is it suitable for my daily usage.

My current ride is ER6F.

IMHO, using the VFR 1200 as a daily transport is not a good choice. It will feel heavy and hot in stop go traffic. Slight twist of the throttle and you will be above speed limits. When you need to push the bike eg while parking, you feel its weight.

How often u guys change the DCT filter during serving ?

For me, every time I change engine oil (both filter).

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

History: Phantom, Atlantic 200, Phantom, Vara125 FI, TranAIP 400, Super4 (version s), Fazer6 S2, Advia 200, Silverwing 400 JDM 04, Silverwing 400 Euro 08, MaxSYM 400i, VFR1200FD DCT, NC700X, BMW C650GT, Fazer6 S1, BMW R1200GS LC, Majesty S XC155, BMW R1200RT(LC)

Present: BMW C650GT, Majesty S XC155