SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Scuba Diving

C70

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest enHANZed
Originally posted by C70@Apr 8 2004, 01:29 AM

Guys

I didn't give up diving after very bad experience in Pulao Hantu, bad visibility, strong current and 'lau ya' assistant instructor. It was history 4 years back.

I did my Advance Course in Tioman, Tekek Village.

I went there again on 27th to 28th March, two weeks ago. 7 divers of us. I did 4 dive over the weekend. It was my 3rd time visit there, saw a schools of Barracuda at Renggis, big size around 1.5 metres and there were about 50 of them.

Saw a turtle at Soyak Island, managed to swim with her about a mintue and took some pictures of her using Sea N Sea underwater camera.Also saw few Pumphead passing by.

And saw two little beautiful Nudibrance in my last dive, forget the dive site, saw one rusty car which they sink it purposely.

Overall visibility not so good, 5 to 9 metres only.

Jeff and Michele operate ' Ecodiver' there, they are both friendly and good instructor.

Spent RM$390 for 4 dive, two way speed boat tickets and one night air-con challet. All equipments provided, they will set up the gear for you too, so kind of relax.

My did my first 2 visit there backpacker style.Take bus from Kallang and drop at Mersing. Even come back sg i take local bus, transit at Kota Tinggi and reach Jb custom check point.

Compare to Redang and Lang Tengah Island which i dive before, the price is relatively cheap !

The plus point need to be single out, duty-free Island make it more attractive, 3 can of Tiger beer selling at RM$10. can get mabuk every night.

Cheers !

:cheeky:

sounds like a good deal ....but add about $50 ...local dive operators cover everything...what else is there to do in tioman ?

Originally posted by enHANZed@Apr 7 2004, 11:55 PM

ya upgrading = more knowledge ...but even than i only intend to stop at rescue ...DM course not cheap leh!...and im too lazy to plan my dives whhahahahah :thumb: and dunt worry i wont get offended ...logical advice for wat get offended :cheer:

cool...glad u take it as an advice.....yes all diff.people has diferent style of diving....As for me,it's really to relax and feel weightless underwater and enjoy the natural scene thru my mask.....escape from the noisy and congested places where we came from.......just remember...there's NO such thing as who is the better diver but rather Who is the SAFER diver......think about it before u take that regulator in your mouth and make that plunge....:thumb:

Originally posted by enHANZed@Apr 8 2004, 12:01 AM

dunt forget to add...play fighting when instuctor teaching , play with sea cucumber until gloves all sticky .

idiot sia.....my gloves until now still got abit of the white white thingy from the sea cucumber...hahaha

gia leh, lets go diving......

gian liao lah

If at first you don\'t succeed, skydiving is NOT for you!!!

Hi,

I just came across this thread. Glad to see there are quite a number of the forum members dive too.

The dive shop where I normally help to teach charge $420 per student for Open water course to Tioman. You can check out their package @ http://apachediver.com.

Their Open Water Diver package includes:

-2 theory lessons

-2 pool lessons

-1 weekend island trip

-equipment usage

-certification fees

Island trip includes:

-1 night stay at Timotel(Friday nite)

-Return transport from Singapore-Mersing-Tioman

-Return speed boat transfer from Mersing-Tioman

-4 dives

-air-con accommodation

-meals on island

Originally posted by dive-N-Ride@Apr 10 2004, 02:45 AM

Hi,

I just came across this thread. Glad to see there are quite a number of the forum members dive too.

The dive shop where I normally help to teach charge $420 per student for Open water course to Tioman. You can check out their package @ http://apachediver.com.

Their Open Water Diver package includes:

-2 theory lessons

-2 pool lessons

-1 weekend island trip

-equipment usage

-certification fees

Island trip includes:

-1 night stay at Timotel(Friday nite)

-Return transport from Singapore-Mersing-Tioman

-Return speed boat transfer from Mersing-Tioman

-4 dives

-air-con accommodation

-meals on island

how about leisure divers?can we join the trip but not the lessons?what's the costs diff?:smile:

Originally posted by FX PJR@Apr 10 2004, 01:20 PM

how about leisure divers?can we join the trip but not the lessons?what's the costs diff?:smile:

Hi FX PJR,

Leisure to Tioman will be $300. Up to 5 dives with optional night dive for advanced and above certification divers. The rest is the same.

Dive on Ride on

Dive-N-Ride

Hi

If anyone want to learn diving let me know. I am interested but i am

not a strong swimmer. However, i am willing to give it a try

if can form a group. So if anyone want to learn can give it a go but have to do it after May 5th.

cheers!!!

ps. don't forget to go see my movie ;)

Originally posted by ez_s_abc@Apr 11 2004, 02:49 AM

Hi

if can form a group. So if anyone want to learn can give it a go but have to do it after May 5th.

cheers!!!

Dont worry abt the fact that you are not a strong swimmer. As long as you dont freeze up in water, it should be ok.

I'm also not a strong swimmer, but i still went thru the course.

Guest enHANZed
Originally posted by ez_s_abc@Apr 11 2004, 02:49 AM

Hi

cheers!!!

why dunt u join raz's group ?

Originally posted by enHANZed@Apr 11 2004, 10:33 PM

why dunt u join raz's group ?

:thumb:

Yeah good idea, it's good to go with a group.

Yo raz let me know if your beginner course is anytime after May 5. I can join your group if you don't mind.

Can also double up as a short holiday. Me to old for wakeboarding now... hahaha

Cheers!!!

ps. don't forget to go see my movie ;)

Originally posted by C70@Apr 8 2004, 01:29 AM

Jeff and Michele operate ' Ecodiver' there, they are both friendly and good instructor.

Spent RM$390 for 4 dive, two way speed boat tickets and one night air-con challet. All equipments provided, they will set up the gear for you too, so kind of relax.

Hi C70!

How do you contact Jeff or Michele from Singapore? Did you just go Tioman, take a couple of dive lessons and got qualified as an advance diver?

I find booking packages through Singaporean operators are too costly as compared to booking direct through the Malaysians. The last time I made my trip to Redang and booked directly, saved about 40%. The only hassle is to arrange my own transport. So, I strongly recommend fellow divers here to book direct if they don't mind a little administrative hassle.

Cheers!

Guest ViciousKitty74
Originally posted by ez_s_abc@Apr 12 2004, 08:10 PM

Yo raz let me know if your beginner course is anytime after May 5. I can join your group if you don't mind.

K......be prepared that you will be the rose among the thornes. :D

wan to go trip, but no equipment.. any lobang?

1996-1997 : Honda CBX 125

1997-2006 : Honda Project Big 1

2006-2011 : Yamaha Fazer 1

2011-2013:- Harley Davidson XR1200

2013- now: Something BIG..