SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Scuba Diving

C70

Originally posted by enHANZed@Apr 25 2004, 04:28 PM

say greg can we go for pool session even though we are qualified ? need to brush up on some skills before going OW

err if u r qualified, meaning u got OW qualification rite? if u r not confident of going for dive, can always ask the dive master at ur dive resort/operator for help. they can bring u to a house reef or some ez reef for u to get used to. those locales r as calm as pool, except: they got fishes and corals to see as well :sweat: unless err... u talking abt diving in sg, then can't help u there, cos all reefs r bad :sian:

usually after 10 ~ 15mins, u should be ok and quite confident.

War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery.

Ignorance is Strength.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest enHANZed

i already have my AOW but havent been diving for a freaking long time ...all rusted already ...the only tanks i've changed so far are the oxygen tanks used on patients in the hospital :sweat:

Originally posted by enHANZed@Apr 25 2004, 07:28 PM

i already have my AOW but havent been diving for a freaking long time ...all rusted already ...the only tanks i've changed so far are the oxygen tanks used on patients in the hospital :sweat:

once u underwater, everything will come back to u :smile:

but confidence is still a good ally. 1st dive dun be so garang, ask for a ez dive location - ideally sheltered, not much current,

War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery.

Ignorance is Strength.

Originally posted by enHANZed@Apr 25 2004, 04:28 PM

say greg can we go for pool session even though we are qualified ? need to brush up on some skills before going OW

You can always do a refresher course..... next time before you dive, ask the instructor..... Some may charge though......

http://http//content2.i-am-bored.com/images/instantninja_456876.jpg

Originally posted by floppy@Apr 22 2004, 10:05 AM

hantu very nice, bright day light also can get to enjoy 'night' dive :sweat:

vis is horrible, best vis i ever get is like 3 metres, can really put off new/'p' plate divers. for better experience, i would suggest learners pay a little more to go to m'sia.

my regular dive spot is perhentian - nice resort, nice beach, nice spots (not so nice distance only) :cheeky:

Wats the price to go Perhentian? The island got two (bersak and kichic, dont know how to spell), which is better?

Originally posted by FMJ@Apr 29 2004, 07:12 PM

Wats the price to go Perhentian? The island got two (bersak and kichic, dont know how to spell), which is better?

my perhentian is always cheap cheap. becos got kakis to organise mah. so can bargain for good pricing. and my resort is very nice nice also :cheeky:

a rough guide to the room rates can refer to http://www.pulauperhentian.com.my/perhentian.htm

2 islands in perhentian, besar and kecil - big and small. i usually stay on the big island becos the nicer (and more expensive :weep: ) resorts r there. personally i feel the dive operator at besar nicer and better also. my usual dive operator is pro diver's world at coral view resort. frenly peepz. can be found between coral view and perhentian island resort.

both islands got its charm... doesn't really matter which u stay... cos dive sites still the same :) i juz go where my budget allows. hehehe. :sweat:

War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery.

Ignorance is Strength.

they even have an open water dive course not bad...but is 4-5 days long

after conversion is about $350 not bad actually...

however, you guys who have gone through the dive course...

which is better ??

to learn in Singapore and do the dives overseas...

or to make arrangements direct at the resort on the island...

at pulau perhentian

saftey concerns are of great importance...

thanks for your input... :thumb:

ps. don't forget to go see my movie ;)

Originally posted by ez_s_abc@Apr 30 2004, 12:04 AM

they even have an open water dive course not bad...but is 4-5 days long

after conversion is about $350 not bad actually...

however, you guys who have gone through the dive course...

which is better ??

to learn in Singapore and do the dives overseas...

or to make arrangements direct at the resort on the island...

at pulau perhentian

saftey concerns are of great importance...

thanks for your input... :thumb:

course can be shorten, can discuss wif instructor. but as centres r padi/ssi/naui certified, the basic tasks/tests still need to be completed b4 they certified u... quickest i think is 2 - 3 days. however, learning speed for different ppl different hor. extra days r actual dives. for u to gain confidence and enjoy :p

i did my dive course in sg. be warned: learning to dive in singapore can put some people off... hantu means more than ghost... visibility is horrible!!! :mad: u might actually dislike diving after. haha.

if got option, learn overseas lor. can dive in nice spots and learn at the same time. but costs varies, higher or lower than sg see u can find good lobang or bargains or not. to ensure safety, juz make sure the centre r proper setup and accredited - look for the padi/ssi/naui stars.

War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery.

Ignorance is Strength.

Guest seagull

Hi i got my OW licence almost 2yrs ago. havent got any chance to go for any leisure dive after getting my licence cuz its reali hard to find diving kakis. very happi to know that there are so many divers here. hope i can join in this big 'family'

Guest Phantom Surfer
did my dive course in sg. be warned: learning to dive in singapore can put some people off... hantu means more than ghost... visibility

ya, diving in hantu can be quite scary..i took my OW there and advanced in Timon. the experience cannot be compared.

I think Timon & Aur are common training spot for singapore diving school.

Guest enHANZed

juz back from KL ....if anyone of u planning a trip up to KL and also wish to have a trial dive before actually going to take up a full course .....do check out the Xtreme theme park near sunway lagoon ...a "experience scuba" cost only RM50!!!!! ...its in a fresh water lake though ( no worries about under-currents) :smile:

Originally posted by ez_s_abc@May 5 2004, 09:16 PM

okay guys...exams finish...

anybody wants to learn scuba diving let me know

i'm interested to learn as well.

Maybe you guys who are interested should try your luck with Class95. They are looking for 10 pairs of lucky winners to learn diving at Tioman. Log onto the website to find out more.

Originally posted by jungleboy111@May 10 2004, 02:49 PM

Divers here dont seem to be very active... where are all the divers? :confused:

Choose from 1 of the following:

a. Hiding

b. Riding

c. Diving

:cheeky:

War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery.

Ignorance is Strength.

I'll be going Tioman next month. 1st time bringing the camera down underwater. Anyone good of familiar with underwater photography? Need some basic lessons on them. Been to several underwater photography websites, learning quite a bit.

Problem is i dont have a strobe, so will have backscatter and blue-ish shots... Anyone know how to solve the blue-ish shots with only a normal camera?

Originally posted by jungleboy111@May 10 2004, 05:19 PM

I'll be going Tioman next month. 1st time bringing the camera down underwater. Anyone good of familiar with underwater photography? Need some basic lessons on them. Been to several underwater photography websites, learning quite a bit.

Problem is i dont have a strobe, so will have backscatter and blue-ish shots... Anyone know how to solve the blue-ish shots with only a normal camera?

1st of all, without strobe light, the effects will never be good. tat is a certain.

to remove the bluish tints, a couple of things u need to know abt the camera and films. read up the manual, there's definitely a section on instructions to the developing studio. something abt changing the tonal values (RGB thingy i think)... which can be done on the developing machine. however, u need to verbally inform the guys/gals at the studio to do it. else they will juz develop normally.

otherwise, if u r into digital or knows a little thing or 2 abt photoshop, read up this article:

digital underwater photography and imaging

sorry that's abt as much as i can remember now :cheeky: missing too much critical info :sorry:

War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery.

Ignorance is Strength.

greetings to all divers. i m a qualified nitrox diver but mi n all kakis have been high & dry for almost 9yrs. thinking of going for a dive but no idea how is it like nowadays. any kind soul care to recomend me where/which co. can i approach.

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Guest enHANZed
Originally posted by jungleboy111@May 10 2004, 05:19 PM

filters ?

Guest enHANZed
Originally posted by comics00@May 10 2004, 08:05 PM

greetings to all divers. i m a qualified nitrox diver but mi n all kakis have been high & dry for almost 9yrs. thinking of going for a dive but no idea how is it like nowadays. any kind soul care to recomend me where/which co. can i approach.

care to share whats the big hoo haa about devil's air all about ?

Originally posted by comics00@May 10 2004, 08:05 PM

Hi. Maybe we should organize a dive trip to get together...