SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Problem after servicing

Today I went to a reputable shop to service my S4 bike. Changed the engine oil, oil filter. 4 x iridium sparkplug, washed my K&N filter. After the service, I feel so light with my bike. Everything was so smooth. However good moments do not last long. When I was moving along the highway cruising around 100km/h, I suddenly heard a slight backfire and my bike jerked abit. I was shocked and dare not accelerate. Stopping on the red light, my engine doesn't seems to sound normal. I rev abit but it doesn't respond good. Later my engine stalled... Now it seems that my bike is altered with a powercut by the shop. I could hardly go up to 60km/h and only able to maintain at 60km/h with sudden jerk once every 5 seconds. Anyone knows what's wrong?

Hence I recommend bikers to have a test run first before leaving the shop

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

check each of ur spark plug cap if it's properly cap on.

Q:how to check..?

A:sparkplug cap should be firm sitting on it. try move it up & down to check if it's loose. if it does, unplug it & tap it down hard, make sure no free-play on it.

good luck.

Simon Soh

It's not the destination we conquered but ourselves.

Chiang Saen, Land of Golden Triangle

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254/5500744953_52f8f8de37.jpg

26th Dec 05' - 9th Jan 06' Northern Thailand Trip

Originally posted by Racerbike@Dec 13 2006, 11:37 PM

Today I went to a reputable shop to service my S4 bike. Changed the engine oil, oil filter. 4 x iridium sparkplug, washed my K&N filter. After the service, I feel so light with my bike. Everything was so smooth. However good moments do not last long. When I was moving along the highway cruising around 100km/h, I suddenly heard a slight backfire and my bike jerked abit. I was shocked and dare not accelerate. Stopping on the red light, my engine doesn't seems to sound normal. I rev abit but it doesn't respond good. Later my engine stalled... Now it seems that my bike is altered with a powercut by the shop. I could hardly go up to 60km/h and only able to maintain at 60km/h with sudden jerk once every 5 seconds. Anyone knows what's wrong?

Hence I recommend bikers to have a test run first before leaving the shop

check again to see whether all ur 4 plugs are firing..

could be one or couple of `em is/are fouled up..

go back to the shop to check bro..

if the plugs they changed fer u fouled up..

they should change for u FOC..

Some people measure their adventures in miles or days. I prefer "lamp posts".

Originally posted by Simon Soh@Dec 13 2006, 11:50 PM

check ur each spark plug cap if it's properly cap on.

good luck.

this could be the case too..

:sweat:

Some people measure their adventures in miles or days. I prefer "lamp posts".

yuh agreed ... got to b spark plug or plug cap.. juz go back to the shop bro if ur nt sure.. cheers

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q255/punkchenko/1_540916461l1.jpg

yun leong ngo cheh yat sam pat kei fung chung ngoi chi yau

yau wui pat yau yat tin wui tit tow