SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Daelim S3 fuel injection DOHC 125cc scooter

sym7

Yea, 1600km now already. Today travelled nearly 100km. Lol. 5 trips for the day to do a lot of errands. My FC is time round is not as good as the last time, but considering that I travelled at 8k rpm, and around 90km/h on the expressway, it's reasonable. Time saved.

As for my 1st servicing, I did it at 400km. Actually, Roy said some guys just go one round and change my EO already. I went at 530pm, and luckily for me, not busy, so just drain EO and top up. It was quick, around 20 mins? The 2nd servicing took me 40 mins. I was the first there, before they even open.

The S3 250cc is tempting, but I somehow find that the need to change EO every 2000km is quite fast actually. Assuming 21.40 per change. 10,000km is around 100 bucks already, like car servicing. Plus major servicing at 10,000km mark, so may add to be around 200 bucks. Hmm..

I'm actually planning for my next bike, haha, subject to me getting my 2A. Target is by end of this year. I will ride the S3 for at least a year though. Eyeing on the Vespa GTS300 Super. Hehe.. Or if a class 2, a T-Max :p

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi to all riding s3 125 , is your engine n transmission very noisy? Does the bike vibrate a lot when moving off? Is this bike underpower for its size? Is it possible to fit the centre console (same as s3 advance)? Really like this bike coz of new technology fitted into it but saw a s3 on the road once n when he passes me can hear the engine n transmission sound very loud n rough. Anyone can give me feedback on this coz considering this bike n downtown.

Initially when I collected my S3, it was pretty rough (vibrating, noisy) but when I hit somewhere around 100km millage, the ride is much better.

I've just hit my 200km, and I would say that my 170-200km was either better, or I've gotten used to it (LOL!).

As for power, it's good enough for me; moving off, up slope (e.g. exiting mall carpark after gantry) and hitting legal speed limits (of course it can go further but I'm still a new new p-plate lah..)

The center console can be fitted at extra charges but do keep in mind that the console have no locks.

It's for something you can afford to get stolen, e.g. cloth?

PS: Where, when and what colour S3 you saw? Who knows you saw mine while I just took it, which explains the loud roughness.

SafeSG.com - Bringing WSH Professionals Together

The S3 125 being a lower cc bike is definitely less "pleasing" on the ear. Frankly it sounds better than the CBR125 at the BBDC center. The class 2A and 2 bikes at BBDC sounds much better but of course cannot be compared lah... IMHO, the sports muffler really helps a lot. That's why I preferred the S3 to the other scooters of around the same level.

For my bike, I can hear a bit "sandy" and rough sound between 30-50km but once I get up to > 60 and > 7k rpm, the "sandy" sound went away and it that constant, smooth engine noise. I'm around 300++ now and now very eager to get up to 500 for my first EO.

What exactly is the "center console"? I have heard you guys mention it but it is "stock" and part of the S3 or it has to be procured separately?

One other thing I saw on the S3 250 Advance is the backrest support for the pillion that comes stock but not for the 125. That is something I might consider later since I didn't get the storage box. :)

Saw an FBF registered S3 just now. It was grey color. Not bad. But I still prefer silver, which I will have to spray paint at my own expense [which isn't expensive - $350 for the whole scoot].

I'm impressed with the S3 250 Advance video on youtube, which shows that it can do 0-100kph in 11.0s, and top 150kph on a slight downhill!

"---- Still trying to lose weight ----"

Class 2B: 20 Oct 2011

Class 2A: 04 Jan 2013

Class 2: 01 Apr 2014

Class 3: 05 Mar 2012

Class 4: 24 Mar 2015

PPCDL: 06 Sept 2012

haha.. I do find the underseat + box not enough storage or barely enough for my daily use.

Maybe because I too kiasu.. alot of things to put inside..

While riding: my laptop bag underseat + 2 x raincoats + my wife's bag in box.

When parking: my fullface + mesh armor jacket underseat + 2x raincoat + wife helmet in box.

Anything more = no space liao..

How I wish can put side boxes.. but need to drill holes D;

Wah biang~ You really should consider the center console. If this upgrade has enough space to store 2 x Raincoats then it will be really worth well. Sideboxes not for scooters like ours, you'd spoilt the look... There's not much storage space you can get out of the S3 liao. The last resort is you change to a laptop backpack and wear it in front.

While riding: my laptop bag underseat + 2 x raincoats + my wife's bag in box.

When parking: my fullface + mesh armor jacket underseat + 2x raincoat + wife helmet in box.

Hi @clarencewkf2002, I got this RS Taichi Air Jacket for S$180 (there's a 10% discount). Color wise I saw a black and a white color on the racks. But according to Motoworld website and the official RS Taichi website, there is a khaki color as well. See links below.

1) http://www.motoworld.com.sg/detail.php?pid=1181

2) http://pro1.rs-taichi.com/product/RSJ254.html

hi hishouken, may i know how much you bought this jacket ? any other color ?

I don't really like to wear raincoats so I guess bad weather is a bane for us ya? For cameron highlights, I drove up before and I can understand the challenges. Its pretty dangerous frankly. Genting is slightly better. Be careful!

@foxz15, LTA's really taking their own sweet time... BMW for now... :)

Just about 1 hour ago. Saw a car beating the red light almost 2 seconds after my side traffic lights turn green. I was 1 arrow away to the stop line, saw green, throttle up, but due to the slow response, so barely cross the stop line when the car from the 9 o'clock beat the lights and turned left. Luckily bike no power, if not, may kena accident.

Ride next to him and told him off, he said he did not see. What bullshit... He was cornering on high speed from what I saw. Too bad no camera. Bikers please watch out...

That's what my wife told me to look out of.. especially with the Ferrari incident still fresh in everybody's mind.

Riding near long + straight junction, slow down a little and take a split second to look at junctions, in case idiots "cannot see" red light.

And I do throttle slowly when I'm first in lane when light turns green. I rather kanar cursed for slow reaction than later "no reaction".

End of the day, S3 is larger than many 2B bikes yet many cars "cannot see" me and happily cut lane right beside me and try to squeeze me out of lane.

Probably they are too comfortable in the car, easily occupied by too many distractions "indoor", or just simply bo chap P-plate bikers.

Yah, I like to throttle slowly instead of whacking the acceleration to move off from the junction - To-date no impatient driver honk me yet and they changed lanes instead. Well I always keep to the center of the lane I'm at. Thanks guys for the defensive tips!

Brought a Caberg full-faced flip-up helmet from Regina last night at S$160. Not bad.

47002014007.jpg

Hey guys! Just saw the S3 Advance 250 at Toh Guan. It's really nice!

But the pillion seat is a bit small compared to my current Downtown 125i (like seating on a chair. Haha). How are your pillions finding their seat??

The floor storage is good for tissues I guess. Haha. Can't be locked.

150kph top speed is really tempting. Also, I dun like the colors available. Hmm. Gotta spend extra $350 respraying proper silver color (not the greyish type, which kinda makes the scoot look cheap IMO).

"---- Still trying to lose weight ----"

Class 2B: 20 Oct 2011

Class 2A: 04 Jan 2013

Class 2: 01 Apr 2014

Class 3: 05 Mar 2012

Class 4: 24 Mar 2015

PPCDL: 06 Sept 2012