SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Daelim S3 fuel injection DOHC 125cc scooter

sym7

Selling my 2YO S3. FBE****D

Accident free.

Cruise @ 120kmh with ease.

Comes with 48L Box.

New tyres & brakes.

Abit of cosmetic insignificant scars.

Honest dealings guaranteed.

Reasons for sale:

Saving for marriage & better future.

Pray for "P-A-S-S" before every ride. Patience, Alertness, Skillfulness, Safe journey. :angel:

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmm.. got something that is bugging me abit..

How many of you actually start up the engine and waited 5 mins to warm the engine before moving off?

I usually only "warm" the engine for about 1 odd minute nia and slowly move off at around 4-5k rpm.

SafeSG.com - Bringing WSH Professionals Together

Usually I'd start-up the engine and let us run for awhile and I take my time to arrange the storage, put up my jacket, gloves, etc. Probably 3-5 mins passed since then.

Something else is bugging me instead. The engine emits a "sandy" sound between 20-40km and it disappears above 40km. Once I dropped back to below 40km the sound’s back. It doesn’t affect my riding and I hope it is not something that affects the engine in a long run. Any ideas?

hmm.. got something that is bugging me abit..

How many of you actually start up the engine and waited 5 mins to warm the engine before moving off?

I usually only "warm" the engine for about 1 odd minute nia and slowly move off at around 4-5k rpm.

Usually I'd start-up the engine and let us run for awhile and I take my time to arrange the storage, put up my jacket, gloves, etc. Probably 3-5 mins passed since then.

Something else is bugging me instead. The engine emits a "sandy" sound between 20-40km and it disappears above 40km. Once I dropped back to below 40km the sound’s back. It doesn’t affect my riding and I hope it is not something that affects the engine in a long run. Any ideas?

I do notice that too, sometimes accompanied by light vibration at the seat (under your precious family jewels). But I only notice that symptom when I start from a cold engine. If I've ride to a place, park for awhile (go buy makan) and ride again, don't have leh..

SafeSG.com - Bringing WSH Professionals Together

For me, I warm up for a min to 2. Usually start bike before doing anything. Fastest 30s and I'm off, but I wont whack the throttle. I read that for FI bike, 30s is all you need to warm up. The old Carb needs a couple of mins. 2 more pumps to my next servicing. And it will be interesting to see the bike rpm at 9k :)

That means our situations are different. I dun have any vibrations under my seat though… Perhaps its time to pay a visit to CKA again… Wah…

I do notice that too, sometimes accompanied by light vibration at the seat (under your precious family jewels). But I only notice that symptom when I start from a cold engine. If I've ride to a place, park for awhile (go buy makan) and ride again, don't have leh..

So nice~ Shiok ah!

For me, I warm up for a min to 2. Usually start bike before doing anything. Fastest 30s and I'm off, but I wont whack the throttle. I read that for FI bike, 30s is all you need to warm up. The old Carb needs a couple of mins. 2 more pumps to my next servicing. And it will be interesting to see the bike rpm at 9k :)

Hi S3 riders, I'm going for viewing a 2nd Hand S3 tomorrow (Tuesday) at yishun. I need someone to advice on the condition of the bike as I'm newbie.

Any of you stay around? Viewing is at 8pm

Hi javed, hows your viewing?

Just now after work i went down to Rigina to view some helmet, actually thinkin of Shoei Neotec, HJC R-PHA Max ( at Motorworld ) and NoLan N104 but in the end i bought a AGV NUMO_Silver colour.

Nice. I brought a Caberg Konda a few weeks ago at Regina as well. Budget flip-up.

When is a good time for the gathering? :)

Thanks bro hishouken. Actually they also intro Caberg after i view Shoei and NoLan but the price now Caberg went up to $250 cos they say it got batch inspected sticker now, that why i bought the AGV with batch inspected sticker in the end after they intro me this model also about $100 more after neg...

Mostly maybe next month i'm getting Mesh Jacket but will buy after we get to meet up cos some our bro here have it and need their info and i want to know what to take note when buying it =)

Sooooo Lets Meet Up..... S3 Bro

Edited by foxz15

To foxz15: How's your S3 250 so far?? Is it sprightly off the line acceleration?? How's your first fuel consumption???

For my ride so far not yet 2nd tank yet now it about 250km left 3 bar... now still running in so i can't hard or instant twist the throttle, but i slowly twist it around 5k to nearly hit 6k the speed about 80km to 110km must see it stright or down slop on highway. It take 3k to move off.

haiz... very sianz running in nearly every time kana horn, over take side by side like going to knock me down on small road. mostly keep to the left lane if needed to turn right then keep to right lane then this horning , over taking very near me happen... Some time i want to buy a plate that write ( Bike or Car running in pls be understanding )then hang it behind my bike.

Whoa! 5000-6000rpm and it's doing 80-110kph?? My DT125i need 6000-9000rpm leh!!!

Actually, to me, run-in is more of getting the bike's engine to get use to my riding style and not the other way round of me letting the engine go easy. Afterall, you have 2 years warranty backing by CKA and Daelim Korea!!

Do let me know how you find the seat comfort as well, as I find it really soft when I sat on the scoot at the showroom.... Hmm.

"---- Still trying to lose weight ----"

Class 2B: 20 Oct 2011

Class 2A: 04 Jan 2013

Class 2: 01 Apr 2014

Class 3: 05 Mar 2012

Class 4: 24 Mar 2015

PPCDL: 06 Sept 2012

Hi topgearalwaysrock, my warranty from CKA only 1 year ley how i wish they could given 2 years.....

For the seat i find it ok but for the sitting position i find my last time Forza is better cos Forza sitting lower and the leg space is better . =)

Edited by foxz15

Hi topgearalwaysrock, my warranty from CKA only 1 year ley how i wish they could given 2 years.....

For the seat i find it ok but for the sitting position i find my last time Forza is better cos Forza sitting lower and the leg space is better . =)

I find the legroom for the S3 250 just nice for me bro! Not too far a stretch for my legs to the foot rest!! But for those who are taller than 1.7m, then I think legroom is a bit tight luh if you want to stretch your legs.

The profile of the S3 is much narrower than my Downtown. So I suppose squeezing between traffic is an easy affair isn't it?? Haha.

Honda Forza design now being copied blatantly by Chinese scooter manufacturers in their domestic market. Haha. Same for the Burgman as well....

"---- Still trying to lose weight ----"

Class 2B: 20 Oct 2011

Class 2A: 04 Jan 2013

Class 2: 01 Apr 2014

Class 3: 05 Mar 2012

Class 4: 24 Mar 2015

PPCDL: 06 Sept 2012

Hi foxz I almost forgot about the batch inspection sticker and I went back to check my helmet and found that there's no sticker! From what I understand, if the helmet has no sticker and I met trouble insurance companies won't honor claims is that true?

Your ride sounds good. I've to get to 7k rpm before I can hit above 80km for the S3 125. And yes now CKA give warranty for 1 year nia.

topgearalwaysrock and adzz, frankly leg room no problem for tall guys like us lah, when we stop at red light just put down both legs and stand up lor (dun forget to hold on to the brakes). :)

Yeah~ Who else would like to meet-up besides me and foxz? Will try to coordinate the best time since most of us have work and family committments. :D

S3ers:

1) hishouken

2) foxz

3)

4)

5)

Desired timing:

1) Weekday evenings - 7-9pm

2) Weekday evenings - 9-11pm

3) Weekday evenings - After 11pm

4) Weekend evenings - 7-9pm

5) Weekend evenings - 9-11pm

6) Weekend evenings - After 11pm

Sooooo Lets Meet Up..... S3 Bro

32km/L is a nice number to have for 250cc. Actually after riding for 2 months, I like almost the whole package that comes along with it. The keyless system, underseat release system. Only flaw now is the slightly low seat which cause me to have a bit of backache when ride for long distance.

While I like bigger scooters like Majesty or SW or TMAx, I might just settle down for a 250cc S3 if it goes well with the review for the next one year. And that the S3 125cc is working well for me. If it works well, then I have faith in the 250cc S3 as well that it will not screw me up when I need it most (well everytime in fact). I believe that a 250cc bike is sufficient enough on SG roads, in that it will give you the power to overtake when needed eg LS, or to avoid danger. Last one need is lack of power when you need it.