SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Daelim S3 fuel injection DOHC 125cc scooter

sym7

Thank you for the pictures.

No lah.. I dunno much about bikes 1.. only noticed the changes when I bought because that time got a black older version S3 at KB showroom mah.. machine wise, I know nuts liao :giddy:

Not so sure what versions are these, but the changes are what I've noted when I first saw S3 at CKA earlier this year versus what I've bought.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]259343[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]259344[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]259345[/ATTACH]

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are these changes critical to the bike? ( especially the rectifier position change) or can I leave without them on a 2nd hand S3

Thanks

bro Jack_mav88 for rectifier position change not sure why needed to shift but for brake sure improve alot bah...

Bro Adzz and hishouken __ No lar! All this changes Roy told me one and show me also... =P

Wah sian... It looks like I got a Gen 1 S3 sia...

Why leh?

The side fairing logo?

Or the seat?

The "Gen 1" seat that I put (paiseh paiseh.. is version 1, not gen 1), that have a smaller humku with red thread is the new 1..

I dunno what's the other big humku seat called..

but CKA put on my invoice "Version 1 seat" when I asked for the smaller humku seat..

SafeSG.com - Bringing WSH Professionals Together

Thanks for the info bro foxz15. Seems like no many S3 on the road. Any idea why?

Why? Freakly speaking, in SG market Yamaha and Honda mostly selling off fast and well if talk about engine lasting on both brand i find 4 stroke mostly is Honda.

Like car Toyota and Honda also... engine lasting mostly is Toyota. But do u all know most of Toyota racing engine got Yamaha involve.

For bike, Daelim use to be partner with Honda before if not wrong...

Edited by foxz15

Yah lor, my side fairing is not the new logo, its the "125i" wording. Also mine is old seat with hump. I'm ok with the cosmetics, it matters little. The S3 still looks cool but I'm just concerned on the underlying mechanic improvements. Hope it doesn't differ too much.

Why leh?

The side fairing logo?

Or the seat?

The "Gen 1" seat that I put (paiseh paiseh.. is version 1, not gen 1), that have a smaller humku with red thread is the new 1..

I dunno what's the other big humku seat called..

but CKA put on my invoice "Version 1 seat" when I asked for the smaller humku seat..

Is there an option to take over any existing loan from the current seller? Otherwise its a bit sad that CKA doesn't offer re-financing for their own line of bikes...

Perhaps you wish to try these (I googled them):

a) Hitachi Credit

b) Global Motor

c) Excelcycle

PS: Note I'm not affiliated with any of the guys above. :)

CKA themselves also don't do. Very sad case. Looks like have to give up on owning a S3 if cant get loan

Still can't find a shop willing to do loan for daelim. Sad case. Daelim branding that bad???

Not that the branding is bad.

Just that CKA have the sole distribution and nobody is selling it.

The shops want something with strong resale value, so if the buyer default the payment, they can repossess the bike and resell it.

As an example, if you want to refinance a Harley Davidson, not much shop wants/dare to do it too; because if repossess liao it will just sit there and take a long time to sell it. This doesn't necessary means that Harley is bad branding.

You may want to check with banks, if you can get a personal loan with bank.

The refinance aside, have you worked out what is the monthly cost of the 2nd hand S3 versus brand new S3 over the same period of loan term?

If the monthly payment deemed negligible to your pocket, then you may want to look at the new 1 instead?

Have you seen the 2nd hand S3?

A year old bike, 2-3k discount.. the drop is abit.. too much?

Maybe our bike don't have much resale value..

Personally, I wanted to take up a loan from the bank instead of from CKA, coz 7%. Bank offer is around 6% plus, so still cheaper, and without an agreement fee. So you might wanna check it out with some banks like Citibank. Can go for 24 months, and it won't be much of a burden to your pocket.

All the best! :)

Not that the branding is bad.

Just that CKA have the sole distribution and nobody is selling it.

The shops want something with strong resale value, so if the buyer default the payment, they can repossess the bike and resell it.

As an example, if you want to refinance a Harley Davidson, not much shop wants/dare to do it too; because if repossess liao it will just sit there and take a long time to sell it. This doesn't necessary means that Harley is bad branding.

You may want to check with banks, if you can get a personal loan with bank.

The refinance aside, have you worked out what is the monthly cost of the 2nd hand S3 versus brand new S3 over the same period of loan term?

If the monthly payment deemed negligible to your pocket, then you may want to look at the new 1 instead?

The bike I found is a oct 2011 S3 with only 1900 km on it. At the price of 6k I find it quite worthwhile.

Same loan tenure should be cheaper by around $70 per month.

Personally, I wanted to take up a loan from the bank instead of from CKA, coz 7%. Bank offer is around 6% plus, so still cheaper, and without an agreement fee. So you might wanna check it out with some banks like Citibank. Can go for 24 months, and it won't be much of a burden to your pocket.

All the best! :)

Did looked at the bank loan route. Only bank with 6 plus interest is posb. But the do have admin and insurance charges that amount to 4% of the loan amount so that ends up is slightly more than 7% of interest per annum.

The bike I found is a oct 2011 S3 with only 1900 km on it. At the price of 6k I find it quite worthwhile.

Same loan tenure should be cheaper by around $70 per month.

The millage is rather low for a year old.. My 24 days old S3 already 1183km liao.. lol

Seems like a good catch.. but there could be (worst case scenario assumptions only) problems also..

Lack of riding = probable lack of maintenance, long long start up once, unknown other engine issues.. not sure if will have issues that will cause you to spend more moola in the long run anot. Unless the bike comes from somebody you can trust.

Personally, I would go for a new ride because I'm intending to ride my S3 for long. But that's me lah.. always will think too much..

The millage is rather low for a year old.. My 24 days old S3 already 1183km liao.. lol

Seems like a good catch.. but there could be (worst case scenario assumptions only) problems also..

Lack of riding = probable lack of maintenance, long long start up once, unknown other engine issues.. not sure if will have issues that will cause you to spend more moola in the long run anot. Unless the bike comes from somebody you can trust.

Personally, I would go for a new ride because I'm intending to ride my S3 for long. But that's me lah.. always will think too much..

WarforGe, that's good advice. From owner, he said the bike is seldom driven. Servicing is done as per mileage. Will consider the new one but when I get drive it, seems quite underpowered. Need to rev to 7k rpm to really get the bike moving. Any idea how does this bike compare to the downtown 200i? But the downtown 200i is otr ard 10.5k very ex for a Taiwan bike

The bike is generally underpowered when you first ride it. That was the feeling when I first rode it for the first few weeks. After EO change, and accepting the fact that 7k rpm is the norm, it actually feels quite normal for me now. I will hit 5k-6k rpm at the start to get the bike moving, and later move to 7k rpm.

For me, though I love this bike, I am very tempted to upgrade already. The only thing stopping me is the lack of a 2A licence, may be a good thing after all. :p

I currently ride Downtown 125i. Need to rev 4k rpm to move the scoot off. 80kph@6500rpm. 100kph@8000rpm. Max out at 120kph@10,000rpm. So far still impressed with this scoot cos small engine, yet big body. Many people come to me and ask me if the scoot is 400cc or not. Haha. I tell them 125cc, their jaws drop.

But it's 1 week away till I can enrol for 2A!! Looking forward to upgrading to the Daelim S3 250 Advance!! Kymco is getting too expensive now. SYM also with their new Joymax 300i - 283cc (Machine $11k).

"---- Still trying to lose weight ----"

Class 2B: 20 Oct 2011

Class 2A: 04 Jan 2013

Class 2: 01 Apr 2014

Class 3: 05 Mar 2012

Class 4: 24 Mar 2015

PPCDL: 06 Sept 2012

Congratulations foxz! Yeah~ Anytime when at least 3 or us are convenient. :)

To S3 bro, good news ! Finally today I've collect my ride liao! :)

When we come out and chiong!!!

That's true. Most of my bike friends told me to get a preowned instead because the price of 1st hand drops significantly. But I'd prefer a new bike because I'm not a technician or mechanic I wouldn't know how to fix the "problems" and I dun want such hassles and I want a piece of mind. Lastly you will feel damn proud of the bike and will cherish it more.

Frankly for the mileage and price I think damn worth it liao loh. Suggestion: Ask the guy go CKA with you to have the folks at CKA inspect it. If they say ok then you decide again. Not sure if they offer this service but its a way to get assurance. Maybe pay a bit to CKA for this service lor. Otherwise go 1st hand if you riding this for at least 3 to 5 years.

Adzz is right. My first 500km I top at 7k rpm & 70-80km (which is the norm). After servicing I went from 6-8k rpm easily. Now can hit 80-90km with ease. I love it!

Go up and up to 2A!~

The bike is generally underpowered when you first ride it. That was the feeling when I first rode it for the first few weeks. After EO change, and accepting the fact that 7k rpm is the norm, it actually feels quite normal for me now. I will hit 5k-6k rpm at the start to get the bike moving, and later move to 7k rpm.