SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Daelim S3 fuel injection DOHC 125cc scooter

sym7

Hey guys! Just saw the S3 Advance 250 at Toh Guan. It's really nice!

But the pillion seat is a bit small compared to my current Downtown 125i (like seating on a chair. Haha). How are your pillions finding their seat??

The floor storage is good for tissues I guess. Haha. Can't be locked.

150kph top speed is really tempting. Also, I dun like the colors available. Hmm. Gotta spend extra $350 respraying proper silver color (not the greyish type, which kinda makes the scoot look cheap IMO).

Hi topgearalwaysrock, where do you go for respraying bike - can you please share the contact. I am thinking of respraying my bike. Thanks!

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi topgearalwaysrock, where do you go for respraying bike - can you please share the contact. I am thinking of respraying my bike. Thanks!

4002 AMK Industrial Park 1

Yeow Motor Trading

#01-20

"---- Still trying to lose weight ----"

Class 2B: 20 Oct 2011

Class 2A: 04 Jan 2013

Class 2: 01 Apr 2014

Class 3: 05 Mar 2012

Class 4: 24 Mar 2015

PPCDL: 06 Sept 2012

Hi WarForGe, I'm pretty new to waxing. Any recommendations? FYI, my bike is parked at a open carpark and I covered it everyday.

Just finished my first wash and wax.. so nice to see the shine again after a long dusty week!

1hr 15mins of workout.. luckily the wax was easy to remove..

I'm also newbie.. first time wash and wax.

I work in construction industry so my bike is pretty much exposed to sand + mud + dust all the time.

Did abit of research and I've settled on the following, abit expensive products but outcome is better than when it came out of CKA:

Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner (1 litre - $19.xx @ Esso Bedok North)

http://www.autoglym.com/enGB/product-proddetail.asp?v06VQ=K&Range=1

Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 Liquid (0.5 litre - $36.xx @ Esso Bedok North)

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g12718-nxt-generationreg-tech-waxreg-20/

I realised that Esso's pricing is cheaper than Giant Megamart pricing, although the range is rather limited. Some Esso don't have both products (e.g. Pasir Ris Elias Esso).

With weekly washing+wax, this setup should last me a good 1 yr++.

You'll also need:

a sponge/cloth for washing (shampoo)

a cloth to dry/absorb the water after wash

a wax applicator (round sponge-like thing) - this is given free is you buy NXT, which I boo-boo bought another 3 piece pack (some parts cannot reach, then I fedup use bare hands)

a microfibre cloth to remove/buff the wax after application

** I've bought a 3 piece Giant brand cloth ($3.95 I think), yellow (washing, for sponge hard to reach area) + blue (remove wax) + green (glass 1, but never use yet).

The shampoo-ing was quite straight forward. Splash water > bubble bubble shampoo (many bubbles but not much soapy feeling) > rinse water.

The waxing was quite a breeze. Apply sparingly all over (I actually applied everywhere except the seat, including my box. So far no damages yet.) > wait 1-2 mins > remove with microfibre cloth. Shiny kilat kilat with a smooth "coating" feel to it. Haven't kanar water yet so don't know if water will bead and run-off anot.

SafeSG.com - Bringing WSH Professionals Together

Hey guys, if you looking for extra storage maybe you can take a look at this. Hopes this helps!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]258612[/ATTACH]

Wah.. poison poison..

Still trying my best to squeeze the whole world inside first..

If not.. hehehe..

WarForGe: 2,000km thereabouts only. 900km more to run.. Don't you guys find that to service the bike every 2,000km thereafter seems to be very fast. At my rate of 800km per month, it's 2.5 months for 1 servicing - 21.40 bucks.

Then I jialat liao.. today is the 14th day of S3.. with 837km already..

I'm not sure about other bikes, but I've checked with my m'sia colleague who ride to SG everyday clocking around 120km daily, his Yamaha spark have to oil change every 2-3 weeks. That should come down to around the same millage..

Told my dad and uncle who've both ride for 3 decades about the oil change frequency, they said the duration and price is fine.

Edited by WarForGe
salah typo 837km not 873km

I currently do about 350km/week (pump 3 times/ 2 weeks). Monthly mileage can be as high as 1600km. I currently change my engine oil (mineral though) every 1500km. Will be pushing it up to 2000km cos of work. So to change oil every 2000km (for me is every month) is perfectly normal.

"---- Still trying to lose weight ----"

Class 2B: 20 Oct 2011

Class 2A: 04 Jan 2013

Class 2: 01 Apr 2014

Class 3: 05 Mar 2012

Class 4: 24 Mar 2015

PPCDL: 06 Sept 2012

Just realised last night that my brake light got 2 LED spoil already..

Luckily my wife saw, while waiting for me to reverse my bike.

Gonna call Roy later see if 2 LED is covered for change anot.. since it's only 2 weeks old.. D;

Update:

Roy told me they will replace the entire back panel (brake light + signal light) for me, no charges.

He will also take a photo and send to Daelim Korea and inform them that there is such defects.

GOOD, very responsible work shop and VERY GOOD after sale service! =)