SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Comparison of 600cc Sports Bikes.

Fata

Which Bike Would You Buy?  

497 members have voted

1. 1. Which Bike Would You Buy?

it's kind of difficult for any1 here to tell u wat to buy 'cos we do not know exactlly wat rider r u:

1) ride style? (hardcore?)

2) brand biased?

3) budget?

4) your size?

each has his preference lah so try it yourself then u wont regret :goodluck:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Fata|@Apr 19 2004, 11:40 AM

Wanted to get a 600cc bike. Need advice which one to get. In term of price, performance, maintenance etc....

Superbike magazine did a full 600cc review in their May edition and the Honda was rated No 1. Going to buy a copy of that issue but yet to find 1 that is not like kiam chye like that. So many people browse until terok terok.

I personally will go for the Honda. Only consideration against it is the lack of radial calipers but what the hell, if it brakes well, shouldn't bother whether it's radial or not right? :)

Originally posted by clubhead@Apr 26 2004, 01:19 PM

Superbike magazine did a full 600cc review in their May edition and the Honda was rated No 1. Going to buy a copy of that issue but yet to find 1 that is not like kiam chye like that. So many people browse until terok terok.

I personally will go for the Honda. Only consideration against it is the lack of radial calipers but what the hell, if it brakes well, shouldn't bother whether it's radial or not right? :)

nar dont read too much into articles... they did vote the cbr600 first but that was only paul young's verdict. Diff people prefered diff things but it's what you want at the end of the day is'nt it? What the mag might provide is a glut of perspectives which might help with the choice of what to buy..

http://www.ducati.com/docs_eng/model05/superbike/999-05/images/strip.jpg

Originally posted by tatteredwing@Apr 26 2004, 01:37 PM

nar dont read too much into articles... they did vote the cbr600 first but that was only paul young's verdict. Diff people prefered diff things but it's what you want at the end of the day is'nt it? What the mag might provide is a glut of perspectives which might help with the choice of what to buy..

u r right!!! :thumb:

StRaIgHt RoAd Is FoR KiDs ....... BuT CoRnErS Is FoR RaCeRs

Originally posted by Fata|@Apr 26 2004, 12:23 PM

wear & tear actually depends on how the previous owner ride his bike. who knows if u r lucky, u might get a gd bike. Personally feel that for 2nd hand 600cc bikes, 2nd hand bikes doesnt come cheap too. accumulate up also not much different from 1st hand bikes. :smile:

But I thot 3 yr old about 50% off the new price. Correct me if I am wrong.

I am only first time trying a sports bike so no knowledge but only base on look like R1. Have been riding a cruiser since day 1. Am also small size. 1.62m and 50Kg. So decided not to get a 1l bike.

Thanks for your prompt advice.

Forever Friends

Sharktooth

"You only live life once. Don't make it too short."

Originally posted by Sharktooth@Apr 26 2004, 02:29 PM

I am only first time trying a sports bike so no knowledge but only base on look like R1. Have been riding a cruiser since day 1. Am also small size. 1.62m and 50Kg. So decided not to get a 1l bike.

Thanks for your prompt advice.

I'm about the same build as you and I previously been riding cruisers.

Beware about sportsbike riding position when you decide to buy a sportsbike because it is very different from riding a cruiser.

When I bought my sportsbike, I was rather horrified by its uncomfortable riding position. After 10 min of riding, my arm muscles ache, my neck ache, my palms go numb. Things I never experienced before riding a cruiser.

But after about 2 months, I got used to the riding position and all these pain went away eventually.

The advantage of the sportbike position is that you can accelerate without feeling like being thrown off or blown off. Bring the bike down low on a corner without feeling like you're going to topple.

In general, litre sport bikes are slightly bigger than 600cc bikes. But you'll be surprised, the 2003 onwards litre sport bikes are about the same size as 600cc sport bikes.

29 Mar:

2009 Yamaha FZ1 Fazer Owner's Review

loudexhaust.blogspot.com

www.RiderAsia.com Safety site for motorcycle riders

Originally posted by clubhead@Apr 26 2004, 01:19 PM

Radial brakes are the latest fad on sport bikes. Radially mounted brakes are supposed to mimise the microscopic fluxing of the calipers during hard braking. Therefore they are supposed to be more effective than conventional brakes in theory.

In reality, it is not true that bikes with radial brakes can brake better than bikes with conventional brakes. So don't let bikes with conventional brakes hold you back, especially bikes such as CBR600RR.

Honda sportsbike typically excels in handling and braking. The CBR600RR and my CBR954 exhibits this trade. My 954 has conventional brakes. But if you read the magazine reviews on braking tests, the 954 outbrakes everybody including the GSX1000R which has radial brakes.

In addition to the shortest braking distances, the feel of the brakes are equally important. A good feel gives you the confidence the bike will stop in time. A bike can have radial brake but feel very spongy and weak when you squeeze the brake. In contrast, a light squeeze on the brake level of 954 feels like tipping the whole bike forward!

There are bikes with radial brakes that are really effective. But the differences due to being radially mounted instead of being conventionally mounted will probably only be felt in a professional race by a professional rider.

29 Mar:

2009 Yamaha FZ1 Fazer Owner's Review

loudexhaust.blogspot.com

www.RiderAsia.com Safety site for motorcycle riders

In general, litre sport bikes are slightly bigger than 600cc bikes. But you'll be surprised, the 2003 onwards litre sport bikes are about the same size as 600cc sport bikes.

That is very true. Hard to commit when never try it before. Was thinking of renting for 2 months to see I like it (sports bike). The change will be difficult. But like what you say. U will get used to it.

Forever Friends

Sharktooth

"You only live life once. Don't make it too short."

i also not big size. height only 163cm n weight 68kg. riding a 122hp 750cc got not much problem but when come to ^1000cc find it a little difficult. some weight and strength needed for >1000cc

last time tried the Haya i couldn't handle the weight & power. when conering even with my knee almost on the ground n whole weight on to the right / left leg peg i could not get the bike down even with the minimum possible throttle round a 90 degree trun. ending got to settle with simple slow turning n throttle only at the exit:sweat:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Originally posted by Sharktooth@Apr 26 2004, 02:29 PM

Wah, I also like to confirm this as I'm also looking for 2nd hand bike. Most probably a busa. There a guy asking $16k for a 3 year old busa. Felt it's on the high side.

Anyone know a general rule of thumb? I know resale will definitely be higher for more popular bikes. But then again, R1 resale quite terok because of frequent model change. Especially the 04 model....

Sorry ah... a bit OT :cheeky:

if yamaha make r6 oso undertray pipe then goodness..surely alot of ppl dun know wad to choose liao, for now the 600rr cbr is juz amazing wif its undertray pipe ! its oso a rcv design body frame... drooolsss.. supports r6 n gsxr600 :) too !

'R6' RedlineRocketRedesignRazor sharpRevolutionaryReward 6.

http://content.wicms.com/shared/images/YAMAHA_Common_Images/Logos/yamaha_logo_red.gif

Originally posted by comics00@Apr 26 2004, 12:36 PM

it's kind of difficult for any1 here to tell u wat to buy 'cos we do not know exactlly wat rider r u:

1) ride style? (hardcore?)

2) brand biased?

3) budget?

4) your size?

each has his preference lah so try it yourself then u wont regret :goodluck:

try it myself? How am I going to find all the 2004 600cc sportsbike to try it out? :confused:

any kind-hearted pple out there willing to let me try out ur 600cc bikes? :cheeky:

hmmmzzz.. sports bikes which is pillion friendly..... hmmmzzz... VFR is a good choice.... but its a 800CC charging at 1 litre bike rate... itz good.. but super ex....

nxt better choice is a F4I touring version.. but dunnoe if got new models... any comments anyone???? tink itz quite good but seldom see it ard.. any comments about the performance???

http://martymcfry.com/images/limpdick2.jpg

'01 - Honda Repsol

'03 - Honda Super Four VTec Spec II

'04 - Honda ST1100 Pan European

'05 - Yamaha FJR1300A (FAVORITE!! Best Ride ever!!)

'09 - Vespa GTS300 Super

'12 - Yamaha FZ1-N

Future - Kymco Downtown 350i, Xciting 400 or T-Max 530?

Originally posted by ashenZ@May 1 2004, 01:38 AM

hmmmzzz.. sports bikes which is pillion friendly..... hmmmzzz... VFR is a good choice.... but its a 800CC charging at 1 litre bike rate... itz good.. but super ex....

nxt better choice is a F4I touring version.. but dunnoe if got new models... any comments anyone???? tink itz quite good but seldom see it ard.. any comments about the performance???

if u mean the cbr600f4 single seat model with mainstand , i feel tat its a very ood bike . esp in nastro azzuro colors .

GIVI Touring windscreen for FZ1 2006 onwards for sale - $90

http://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1246.jpghttp://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1721.jpg

Originally posted by Fata|@May 1 2004, 01:17 AM

try it myself? How am I going to find all the 2004 600cc sportsbike to try it out? :confused:

any kind-hearted pple out there willing to let me try out ur 600cc bikes? :cheeky:

aiya like me thick skin abit, always ask to test ride friends bike. but must be careful 'cos after all its not my bike:cheeky:

Originally posted by Fata|@May 4 2004, 01:58 AM

from the poll can c that many have chosen cbr600 as their choice. maybe because of the undertray exhaust pipe, looks cool.

too bad its too expensive out of the 4 600cc bikes. :giddy:

u forgot to add the great handling of the cbr600rr . :cheeky:

GIVI Touring windscreen for FZ1 2006 onwards for sale - $90

http://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1246.jpghttp://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1721.jpg

Originally posted by Speedpass@May 6 2004, 11:57 PM

u forgot to add the great handling of the cbr600rr . :cheeky:

shall comment when i get my gsxr600k4...

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/akrapovick4/thedoctor.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

After reading most of the post here.. Am i right to say that 600CC is most compatible for racing..?? Is there a lot of diff between a 600CC and a 750CC bike??

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee289/SingaporeBikes/Siggy/CrossOver.jpg

|| YAMAHA || HONDA || YAMAHA || YAMAHA ||

Yamaha runs in the blood

• 4 weeks later...

Ducati 749 Dark :thumb:

http://motorcyclephilippines.com/Advertisers/Ducati/Ducati2k4/Superbike/749Black.jpg

If the price is like what the mags state, it will cost slightly more than an R6 only.

i got a pdf document about f4i ,r6,k4 and kawa .. seems they rank cbr 600cc handling first but comfort last (sad) ..able to crank low smooth power in lower rpm and then boom missile speed in higher rpm. still attracted by r6 angel eyes though

'R6' RedlineRocketRedesignRazor sharpRevolutionaryReward 6.

http://content.wicms.com/shared/images/YAMAHA_Common_Images/Logos/yamaha_logo_red.gif

• 1 month later...

for ur info,the ride height for k4 is quite high..i'm standing at 1.75,both legs down is juz zhun zhun flat wif abit allowance...

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/akrapovick4/thedoctor.jpg

• 3 weeks later...