SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

My 2B journey.

Veil

SP is fun man. own time own target. shiok ah.

u should go more often, haha :lol:

oh and congratulations, seems like u are getting closer and closer to your tp :)

good luck!

More SP sounds gd but my 2B budget($700+) confirmed burst if i go everyday. U mind sponsoring some free sessions? I thk u in advance. Hahaha! :cheeky:

Seriously, im looking forward to my Tp date once i pass my RTT on 10 Feb. Waited until my saliva almost dripped dry liao... Hopefully everyting can wrap up before Mar.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More SP sounds gd but my 2B budget($700+) confirmed burst if i go everyday. U mind sponsoring some free sessions? I thk u in advance. Hahaha! :cheeky:

Seriously, im looking forward to my Tp date once i pass my RTT on 10 Feb. Waited until my saliva almost dripped dry liao... Hopefully everyting can wrap up before Mar.

is ur wife getting the same tp date as you? :angel:

Passed my 4.01 today going 4.02 slot later at 9.10pm. Realized 4.02 slot all quite late de.

Way to go! Go attack all the stages since u r nw in good form!

4.02 very relax one lah. A few rounds of test route orientation followed by pillion riding. Nothing much to worry here. Except for the weather. The rain is on and off today.

Yea! Passed my 4.02. Heard 5.01 gonna pillion someone on s and crank course omg haha.

Bro, u r in the zone!

5.01 consists of 2 parts. Part 1, u hav to ride thru the circuit with not more than 20pts. Part 2, is the pillion riding. Dosen't matter wat course as long as u gif more throttle to move n more foot brake to stop. Unless Bigfoot happens to b ur pillion...

I goin for SP on 27 Jan Thur, Session 6(1710). We can meet up if u plan to take ur 5.01 on tat day.

nice work there. and yea SP is better in terms of you able to select what areas u want to practice in. There will be instructors stationed there too so they too would be able to assist you and give you tips or check up on your technique

Bro, when is ur FZ16 out? I like to hear a real life description abt it. Share abit more lei.

Hey everyone! Omg I missed out quite alot from this forum. Guess why? I didn't relise there's page 2 until today -.- LOL!

Anw, I totally understand how it feel like to keep failing! >

Jiayou everyone! Dont give up (:

Welcome back! Tats the spirit! Dun give up! Care to share wat went thru ur mind before, durin n after ur 3.01? It wil be a good source of reference for others.

Welcome back! Tats the spirit! Dun give up! Care to share wat went thru ur mind before, durin n after ur 3.01? It wil be a good source of reference for others.

Hey there! Alright I'll share! For 3.01, I was more nervous than usual because its the narrow plank n pylon slalom! I am quite weak in controlling and balancing all along, plus i always fail during my first try, so kinda expected that I will fail that try =x (Okay i know thats a very negative mindset! Should stay positive!) I was quite scared that I will fall during the pylon slalom before the lesson cause it looks quite scary when you see people turning so fast!

Anyway, after the warm up round the circuit, its time for the real thing! I was super nervous that I can feel my hand shivering -.- Once my bike got up the narrow plank, I totally blank out! My shivering hand result in I cant maintaining a steady throttle. Think I went too slow and bike wobble and drop down the plank! I totally stun and panic and totally no time to react, my first reaction was put down my left leg! I didnt even turn off the throttle and apply break! As a result, I fell from the bike =\ Lesson learnt: Don't panic even if you drop off the plank, just carry on and move off. Can always try again the next round! Panic = worse. End up got cut on my ankle =.=

Good thing I got my fav instructor that day! He is very patient and nice. Unlike some instructor with attitude problem and make sarcastic remarks. He keep reminding me to look further ahead, and to control speed when on plank. Go up a little fast, use foot brake to slow down, release abit more clutch to speed up etc, and turn handle bar to move left or right when bike turns. After afew rounds kinda master it, but still need more practice!

Next the problem is pylon slalom! The one i fear most right from the start. I either hit the cone down or touch the cone lol! And my timing was more than 6 seconds, too slow. I am quite a timid person so I didn't really dare to go too fast when turning. But i guess this lesson is to push your limits and be more daring! Just do it! After trying to be a little more daring to turn more and go faster, I realise actually its not that scary! The irritating is I think I kept going to near the cone and the back of my bike touch the cone when turning.

All in all, I felt more confident at the end of the lesson but because I failed more than I sucessfully clear the 2 items, I needa repeat 3.01 again >

• 2 weeks later...
passed my 5.02!! gonna wait for my RTT this sat then time to book for my TP! Good luck ryan for your next prac=]

Hey thanks! Haha I passed my 3.01 before cny and decided to take a break in case i fall again just before cny haha. Gonna continue w my practical soon! But can't book any suitable slots >

Oh yah wanna ask isit a must to take 3 riding theory practices before taking 1 evaluation and then the final riding theory test? We don't need take Basic theory test for class 2B right? Kinda confuse x.X

5th Self Practice(100mins): $14.34(Peak) DONE!

1.20pm. Backside suddenly very itching to ride bike! Went back for a round of SP to satisfy the urge. Glad to see tat uncle passed his 2.02 tis day.

6th Self Practice(100mins): $12.20(Off-peak) DONE!

5.10pm. Super bored at hm... The wait for RTT is killing me... Nothing to do, can't book next prac yet so i can oni book tis.

7th Self Practice(100mins): $14.34(Peak) DONE!

9.20am. Tat uncle taking his 1st 3.01 today. Tats such a great excuse for me to go riding as a SP. He failed again... Hurt his right shin coz the whole bike tipped over when he attempted to mount the plank after dropping off it.

Enrolment Fee: $47.08

Basic Theory Lessons: $8.03 x 2 = $16.06(Exempted)

Riding Theory Lessons: $8.03 x 2 = $16.06(Exempted)

Riding Theory Practices: $10.70

Riding Theory Evaluation: $5.35

Riding Theory Test: $6.00

Circuit Practicals: $258.32

Circuit Revisions: $91.60

Self Practices: $96.10

Edited by Veil

Riding Theory Practice(45mins): $2.14 x 2 = $4.28 DONE!

2.15pm/3.20pm/5.10pm/6.05pm. I booked 2 extra RTP today. Which means tat i'm doing 4 practice sessions including the previous 2 tat i've booked on 24th Dec. Hahaha! Yes, i'm a kiasu. And i wan to pass! Scored between 97-99% for the first 2 sessions. The score was increased to 99-100% for the next 2. Ready for the RTT!

Riding Theory Test(50mins) PASSED!

8pm. Took me 15mins to ans the 50 ques. Got 49 right out of the 50. Wondered which ans was wrong... But nvm tat. The graphics and animation was much more better than those i've seen during the RTPs. Having said tat, i'm now very sick of tapping LCD screens. No more pls! Puke!

Riding Theory Practices: $14.98

Self Practices: $96.10

Edited by Veil

Provisional Driving Licence(PDL): $25(By Nets or Cashcard only) HELD!

12pm-1pm. A happy day. Submitted my RTT result slip/5.02 checklist for endorsement at level 1. Filled up the PDL application form at level 2 and after queueing for 40+ mins... The sweet piece of paper is in my hands! Last step, went back to level 1 again to update the PDL status into bbdc system.

Traffic Police Practical Test(TP): $36.05 BOOKED!

Yeah! My TP test date is on Wed 23rd February 2011! Tats fast! I can't believe its 12 days from today! I hav abt 1 week of allowance to clear my remaining 6.01, 7.01, 8.01 n PPL 1.01-1.03 before spending the rest of my time on SPs/RR. Its getting closer! Very close! Closersssssssss! :)

8th Self Practice(100mins): $14.34(Peak) DONE!

7.20pm. I treat tis session as both a refresher cum celebration since my last SP was abt 2 weeks ago n i've booked my TP today. Hmm, abit rusty liao but stil manageable. Didn't realised tat i was grinning away until i saw my reflection thru the right mirror. Sorry lah. Can't helped it lah. The feeling is similar to puppy love. Ohhh..... My love....

Self Practices: $110.44

Provisional Driving Licence: $25

Traffic Police Practical Test: $36.05

Edited by Veil

Defensive Riding Theory 1.01(100mins): $8.03 DONE!

7.30am. Also known as PPL. I duno hw the acronym was derived but it sounds abit corny to me. A few bike accident clips was shown n discussed. Instructor oso teaches us hw to identify, forecast, recognize, react towards hazards. Message: It pays to always ride with a defensive attitude.

Defensive Riding Theory 1.02(100mins): $8.03 DONE!

9.20am. Tis lesson focus more on a rider's reaction time n ability to see a hazard beforehand. And the riding simulator was fun! I was asked to "ride" fast thru bends w/o doing any braking. I started off attacking at speed of 50 then 60, 80 n 100km/h! Lastly at 110km/h, i lost it to centrifuge. :p

Defensive Riding Theory: $16.06

Edited by Veil

Defensive Riding Theory 1.03(100mins): $8.03 DONE!

11.30am. Today touches more on a rider's attitude, his riding attire n his handling of a unfamilar bike. It wants us to stay calm if another rider provoke or challenge for a race. A potential accident could be waiting n definitely not worth at all. A proper helmet, gloves n jeans are the minimum gear to be in. I can picture the injuries if i crash at 50km/h wearing slippers, bermuda n improper helmet. Tips n advices from the previous 2 lessons were revised. Reali helpful stuffs here.

Defensive Riding Theory: $24.09

Edited by Veil