SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

My 2B journey.

Veil

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Wormwood i think for full time can ah :D I was working full time prev also haha.Just quit few days back... haha i go for like one slot betwn mon-fri at 7.30am before going work.

Then weekend off chiong all morn lessons also so afternoon can rest.But morn quite blur sometimes haha :)

But kena almost all peak period charge lol.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66458115@N05/

hi all, i'm new too! first post with aching left thumb!

reason for taking up Class 2B was cuz of wife. She's very encouraging, cuz she knows i'll feel kang kor after selling my car (and been driving for close to 9 years), last week! So with her full blessings and support, I'm determined to get Class 2B in a reasonably short time!

Registered on 23rd March 2011, and now going for 4.01 today, at the last slot..

i'm inspired by what bro Veil did.. so much determination and effort! i'm still stuck with the RT lessons..only managed to get the first lesson yesterday, and today going for 1.02. Between registering and waiting for the RTL 1.02, i did like countless of theory practices..i think i've tried each booklet 2-3 times! but after doing so much, it's more of memory work liao..

well, let's see what gives..not sure when's the next RTT, and i too, am not sure if i'll nail the circuit as effortlessly as some do, but i'll try my best!

Honda PCX!!!!!!!!

=) this thread is very inspiring!

Kelena lets jia you together man! :D

Ytd just checked...Next RTT date is 19 May. LOL..

Think u better get rid of RT lesson and evaluation fast :)

If heng maybe can kena 19th may RTT or 20+ :)

My RTT 7May lol. Now zhuo bo till close to last week april gg for 5.02 and Rcs.

@garrickchoww: Wah! Nw u got Kelena to jia you wif u tgt liao. I noe ur RTT date is far away. I understand ur pain. I had to wait 1.5mths for mine too. B patience ok. Wonderfully delicious stuff takes time to prepare. My bike almost empty tank soon, got to brin it go jia you liao. Jia you! Heehee...

@kelena: Thks for findin my thread inspiring. Before i restart my 2B back in Dec, i searched n searched SBF for sometin like tis to guide me but all infos were scattered bits n pieces all over the forum... Since im goin thru the lessons myslf, i tot might as well document it for future trainees. All the best for ur RTE tmr!

Edited by Veil

Thanks Veil for the encouragement haha :)

Oh yeah today saw a friend of mine who also have a 2b license..asked him how long he took to get his license...was shocked lol..he took during school holis last year october to dec OR oct to nov i think... Super sacrifice sia...he chose to chiong lessons everyday instead of working + chiong.Wa i heard alr was like i shock lol.

Veil- by far, this thread was really very informative! And can see you put in lotsa effort on it.. Since RTT is so far away, I just take this time to go revise my circuit, as I got quite a bit of stuff buey zhai.. I'm intending to go 3-4 times a week, train until rot! Plus, that's the only legal time when I can get to tide a bike around, albeit in the circuit..

Garrick- Heng ah.. Passed the RTE. So maybe 2 -3 days before the RTT I go practice again.. Now go also waste money.. Anyone going for 4.02 Tmr morning, session 1? Can lim kopi together!

BMW R1200GSLC 2014 (20smiles/miles)

Mini Cooper S Clubman 2011 (10smiles/miles)

veil-Oh yeah got a question for you..How much do you travel a week ..like everyday? If yes then how many trips to and fro...N also how much ur monthly petrol costs are huh?

Everyday but got 2 days no ride coz at the workshop. I haven try ride til empty tank before. Each time pumped 1 bar(abt 5L) n top up again aft 4 days. Usually $10+-/pump. I limit myslf $80-$100/mth but i runnin around too much n whack throttle alot so duno wil exceed or not...

Din calculate my mileage yet. 5L can last me from 4 x Jurong West > Suntec > Senja > Jurong West + a few short trips. Speed 50-60km on public rds, 80-100km on highways. 50% of the time i got pillion behind.

Veil- by far, this thread was really very informative! And can see you put in lotsa effort on it.. Since RTT is so far away, I just take this time to go revise my circuit, as I got quite a bit of stuff buey zhai.. I'm intending to go 3-4 times a week, train until rot! Plus, that's the only legal time when I can get to tide a bike around, albeit in the circuit..

Garrick- Heng ah.. Passed the RTE. So maybe 2 -3 days before the RTT I go practice again.. Now go also waste money.. Anyone going for 4.02 Tmr morning, session 1? Can lim kopi together!

Haha so ur RTE is 19th may i assume? :o

Yeah waste money for me too.. till i decide to get 5.02 i'll go for RC few days before i go take 5.02. :)

Everyday but got 2 days no ride coz at the workshop. I haven try ride til empty tank before. Each time pumped 1 bar(abt 5L) n top up again aft 4 days. Usually $10+-/pump. I limit myslf $80-$100/mth but i runnin around too much n whack throttle alot so duno wil exceed or not...

Din calculate my mileage yet. 5L can last me from 4 x Jurong West > Suntec > Senja > Jurong West + a few short trips. Speed 50-60km on public rds, 80-100km on highways. 50% of the time i got pillion behind.

Haha u place it at workshop for 2 days everyweek?? or just this week.

Hm like considered cheap eh the petrol like that :)

I think it seems so ah haha from what i see. :) I heard before friend one month can hit 300+ siao want..think keep speeding and whack throttle? 2b also.

Hehe sorry guys can't really meet up for me :( cos stay quite far considered haha redhill...unless i go down for lessons mayb can meet for kopi..will ask again if i happen to be there :) So we can meet n tcss but i'm very young considered to you guys.. haha!

Lol like very sad...think alot ppl all kena pulll back by RTT dates.. when i went for RC after my 5.01 got ad 4-5 ppl all Haven't book RTT or Very far away like mine.

@kelena: Thks! Lets all meet up at bbdc! But tmr i mayb free oni aft 10am. Call or sms to aft ur session lor. U can find my hp no here. Congrats on passin ur RTE! Can smell ur licence very near liao!

oops..i finished lesson then zhao to work already..

why would you be there anyway? haha..just cleared 4.02 today..but was recommended to take RC..so i guess it's more RC for me..

@garrickchoww - Sucks man, RTT so far away..mine's even further from yours! lol, but nontheless, got lotsa more time to prepare for the big day (eventually)

@kelena-Haha ya lor but far away also good in some ways...haha can save money for oncoming lessons.V scared my RTT they give hard questions..i think hard questions like brake free play...clutch...wheel size.. all these my evaluation i nvr even go rmbr them lol..

And evaluation they got give a few question like based on ur own judgement want lol hope RTT dont come out all these **** sia..

@kelena Oh yeah! haha u're near to me liaoz! RC... hm... reminds me of my 5.01 sia... after i get 4.02 also same as u...dey advise on gg RC.Which i think u should unless u v v zhai den go straight.But got chance fail lol..

I nvr go RC straight go 5.01 by mistake..

What happened was i rmbr clearly i book RC lehz..... don't knw is system got prob.. i click wrong wadsoever.

E day i report for RC...Print paper ...as usual take tag...nvr look at paper much..and put into RC slot.

Wait damn long...den everyone all go out n get bike alr i like lost...go ask one instrctor n realized no ppl in RC LIST!!!

Was shocked...was told maybe i book or click wrong...so bo bian...ask him must go for 5.01 ah? He say ya ..n i asked if hard and what to watch out for...timing...no wobbling and confident...

T_T Totally not prepared for 5.01 at all...bo bian go change to 5.01 tag and faster go catch up with other two...

Lol turns out quite fun...but i v not in the mood to go through circuit knowing in mind i'm being evaluated cos i'm suppose to prac!!! So circuit done the instructor gave some advices..think my timing not bad N then comes pillion riding.Haha ang moh 90kg pillion me 50kg....he earn lol.Then i pillion quite petite size malay girl..nt bad..cute looking haha NOT FAT MINAH! N she pillion me back.And DONE! We all passed.. the girl 3rd time 5.01 LOL.

Edited by garrickchoww

hi all, i'm new too! first post with aching left thumb!

reason for taking up Class 2B was cuz of wife. She's very encouraging, cuz she knows i'll feel kang kor after selling my car (and been driving for close to 9 years), last week! So with her full blessings and support, I'm determined to get Class 2B in a reasonably short time!

Registered on 23rd March 2011, and now going for 4.01 today, at the last slot..

i'm inspired by what bro Veil did.. so much determination and effort! i'm still stuck with the RT lessons..only managed to get the first lesson yesterday, and today going for 1.02. Between registering and waiting for the RTL 1.02, i did like countless of theory practices..i think i've tried each booklet 2-3 times! but after doing so much, it's more of memory work liao..

well, let's see what gives..not sure when's the next RTT, and i too, am not sure if i'll nail the circuit as effortlessly as some do, but i'll try my best!

Honda PCX!!!!!!!!

=) this thread is very inspiring!

9 years of driving ..

from 18 years old , u would be 27now///

now u will understand more of 2 wheelers pain ....from car owners..

welcome welcom :cheers:

@wait4me ya man.. I 29 liao.. I think 2 wheels really alot more difficult! Constantly using all 4 limbs lor.. But it's a good experience though! I cannot imagine when the time comes for me to be fully qualified to ride on the road, anywhere I wanna go also no problem!

@Garrick whoa, you cleared 5.01.. Shiok.. For me, I need to brush up on s course and slalom.. I passéd marginally nia.. So more RC lor.. Take until nua.. Oh speaking of which, there were only 2 of us today.. And this dude is so small sized.. When my turn to be the pillion, we both fell of the bike ala John Woo when I mounted the bike.. The instructor umm chioh lor. And the exos very hot sia! Laughed our a*s off la! The instructor must be thinking why she kena 2 clowns first thin in the morning! It was fun.

@kelena haha nice..passed 5.01 shiok liao hor ^^ .But dont RC too much before ur 5.02 cos still v v far away..if RC v early macham no RC like that LOL. RC when one week before 5.02 or quite close lor :) Thats what i gonna do.

@Veil + Anyone - I wanna ask ...do you all save up $$ for bike in the process of getting 2b OR after 2b then go chiong more $$ for bike?

I'm kinda having this prob now T_T Have 1k++ savings but not close to 2k..so not sure if i should work in the process of getting 2B or wait till get 2b then work for bike.Anyone got good advice for me?Currently gonna start school in April 11 soon...Sigh thinking of getting a part time job while studying but scared cant manage. T_T

Often when i look at this kind of nice deals or something i like...wa feel itchy as if i got license alr. Craving to get the bike...lol do u guys have too? :D

http://^sg^bikemart^^.com.sg/showbike_used.php?bikeno=1004985

Take away the "^" to get to the link..they censored e link so got no choice to type like that.

@wait4me ya man.. I 29 liao.. I think 2 wheels really alot more difficult! Constantly using all 4 limbs lor.. But it's a good experience though! I cannot imagine when the time comes for me to be fully qualified to ride on the road, anywhere I wanna go also no problem!

29 still ok la ,

i started at 25 , more of hating the transport system and also the itch to learn cause 16 years old that time , kana found out by parents and kena hell ..

but the irony of all is,

my dad also went to take his licence jus for the fun of it at age 60

the good thing for u as a rider will be , u understand all the concepts of a car driver point of view esp the bad habits...

then u will get into debat with yr fellow car driver friends.. then u will know why bikers and drivers dun really see eye to eye

29 still ok la ,

i started at 25 , more of hating the transport system and also the itch to learn cause 16 years old that time , kana found out by parents and kena hell ..

but the irony of all is,

my dad also went to take his licence jus for the fun of it at age 60

the good thing for u as a rider will be , u understand all the concepts of a car driver point of view esp the bad habits...

then u will get into debat with yr fellow car driver friends.. then u will know why bikers and drivers dun really see eye to eye

exactly..so with the driving experience, I too, have had close shaves with bikes before..therefore, i hope with this experience can make me a more defensive rider in future..

OT abit..i like your siggy: it's akin to saying "id rather reach home 7 minutes late rather than 7 days"

exactly..so with the driving experience, I too, have had close shaves with bikes before..therefore, i hope with this experience can make me a more defensive rider in future..

OT abit..i like your siggy: it's akin to saying "id rather reach home 7 minutes late rather than 7 days"

u definitely will be more alert ...

hahah maybe nerver reach home ma .. jus like the signboards on the road..

drive safelt for your loved ones

Hi hi..any advice from bros for RTT? Like got any tricky question? And also its the same for evaluation right..press screen.

Very scared of it right nw T-T Have not touched the theory book ever since passed evaluation lol.If you were me would you touch e book at least once a week ?i still got a month before theory test.

Of cos i'll b gg for practices before RTT though cos too scared to fail .