• Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF SYM Cafe 2007

Octane 92 is good enuf. But i will prefer Octane 95 for all machine where applicable. I think price different is only abit, follow the shop recommendation is best as they dun earn the difference for asking you pumping Octane 95.

:cheers: In LIfe We Not Only Have To Do The Right Things , But Also Have To Do The Things Right :cheers:
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been using 92 since new. unless in JB

Hi all,

Thanks for all the feedback. Will stick to Octane 95 for a while first to check out the mileage.

Knight of the Old Code

A knight is sworn to valour, His heart knows only virtue,

His blade defends the helpless, His might upholds the weak.

His word speaks only the truth, His wrath undoes the wicked.

Hello ppl could yot tell me where i could by the exhaust guard for the exhaust pipe, mine fell off while riding. Also what performance parts do make a difference??? totally new to scooters.

Hey Bro, mine broke off too, was told you can't get the guard only,need to buy an entire new ekzos,And after hearing a friend of mine losing the cover after changing it for a couple of months i decided to remove all 4 mounting rods ,grind the left over welding down,gave it a few coats of heat resistant black spray and Voila,I must say it looks better then the original :thumb: (To me la).:cool: only problem is, need to be careful not to get burnt by it. :giddy:

Yo bros, whats the price for a brand new headlight set for GTS 200? or *cross fingers* anyone has one lying around in your storeroom? :p My entire LED light all gone, now the lights looks so dull.... doesn't help that the clear plastic is cracking up and yellowing after being under the sun for years. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Bro, mine broke off too, was told you can't get the guard only,need to buy an entire new ekzos,And after hearing a friend of mine losing the cover after changing it for a couple of months i decided to remove all 4 mounting rods ,grind the left over welding down,gave it a few coats of heat resistant black spray and Voila,I must say it looks better then the original :thumb: (To me la).:cool: only problem is, need to be careful not to get burnt by it. :giddy:

your that friend must be me!

mine broke AGAIN after a trip back to Msia. I'd say EFF it and let it rot. As long as the bike is moving, I'm happy. :lol:

Hi every1, i did not ride my gts 4 1 month n when i start n ride it, d rpm reach red after i accerate 2 only 60km/hr, dun kn wat d problem is?

B4 tat i used 2 clock 80km/hr without even reaching d red line. I change my belt n rollers at april this yr n does it wear out so fast?

Any1 met with this problem pls advise, thanks.

first, when you reach 60km/hr. is the engine sound very loud? louder than when you riding at 80km/hr? Or is still smooth? secondly, is your belt original? do the mechanic aligned and choose the correct belt for you? size too big by a few cm can cause your engine rev high as belt slip due to oversize. Is best you ask the mechanic to check again. this money cant be save. if not it will snowball.

:cheers: In LIfe We Not Only Have To Do The Right Things , But Also Have To Do The Things Right :cheers:

anyway, the next ride should go to bike shop and not elsewhere before condition worsen. try to endure a while and keep rpm below red untill you reach a mechanic to verify.

bro, you mean you got 20km/litre for your GTS200? you sure or not? or any bro here can comfirmed???

before i changed belt+roller, i got 370km/full tank.

after full servicing, i got 400km/full tank.

i always maintain 6.3k rpm when riding on highway and reach 90km/h easily without pillion lay..........

" Me? I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man, you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones, you have to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly stupid. "

Captain Jack Sparrow

first, when you reach 60km/hr. is the engine sound very loud? louder than when you riding at 80km/hr? Or is still smooth? secondly, is your belt original? do the mechanic aligned and choose the correct belt for you? size too big by a few cm can cause your engine rev high as belt slip due to oversize. Is best you ask the mechanic to check again. this money cant be save. if not it will snowball.

engine did sound abit louder than normal. belt is stock sym same size with d old 1. it is ok b4 tat i was riding regularly but after i stop riding it 4 about a month this problem came. think it is belt or rollers problem, wat ur opinon?

thanks 4 d advise bros.

if everything is stock, you need to lookout for the clutch. anyway still need a mechanic to open up and check for you. suppose you got a regular mech to do for you??

U got any mech 2 recommend? i change belt n rollers at tai hin d last time,

dun hv regular 1 but looking 4 a good 1.