SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF SYM Cafe 2007

gentoro

Guest isisguan

Thanks...Think maybe something wrong with my scooter...hehe...my average milage is about 23.5km/litre.... maybe too long never ride bike...kind of insecurity when the bike go above 90km/hr...hmmm....maybe i high rev too often lah...maybe that the reason why my scooter use more petrol......

I need to top up when the milage is about 160 to 170km...and top up with abt 7 litre of petrol...i also using ron 92....i had checked with my bike shop, its not the EFI model...so wondering what is the problem??? thanks.:confused: :confused:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

check your tyre bearing. Park in main stand and roll the wheels. Make sure there is no or little resistant for the front and smooth rolling for the back. If your bearing is gone, at high speed, it wobble plus it create more resistant to fiction and thus more consumption in fuel. Mine standard consumption is 26.6km/L. I using 98 all the while. I manage to hit 30km/L when using Caltex (Platiunium).

The fuel is damn power and little rev of throttle, acc damn smooth, silent and fast. of course is EX$$$. $10 for 6.5L after discount. :cheeky:

Car:

Leisure driving and family outing

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

Present FC: 11.03km/L

Regarding the irridating noise, I have 2 experiences.

1) Skipper, clutch plate lossening and roller bearing spoilt. Loss of belt fiction power = less speed = more fuel consumption

2) RX-115, Rim (wheel) bearing spoilt for rear wheel, wobble and sluggish at 90km/h = need higher rev of throttle for normal pick up = higher fuel consumption

Car:

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

Guest isisguan
Originally posted by gentoro@May 26 2005, 02:22 PM

check your tyre bearing. Park in main stand and roll the wheels. Make sure there is no or little resistant for the front and smooth rolling for the back. If your bearing is gone, at high speed, it wobble plus it create more resistant to fiction and thus more consumption in fuel. Mine standard consumption is 26.6km/L. I using 98 all the while. I manage to hit 30km/L when using Caltex (Platiunium).

The fuel is damn power and little rev of throttle, acc damn smooth, silent and fast. of course is EX$$$. $10 for 6.5L after discount. :cheeky:

ok.thanks.will do that when free..dun think any problem with the the bearing.jz got the new bike recently. really envy your 30km/L consumption...i think maybe due to the way i ride, i always rev and pull away from the rest when red light turn green, and usually other vehicles will take quite some time b4 they managed to overtake me even when i jz travelling at 70km/hr. or is it because of the radio set? and weight (box, speakers etc)? :confused:

Originally posted by gentoro@May 26 2005, 02:26 PM

Regarding the irridating noise, I have 2 experiences.

1) Skipper, clutch plate lossening and roller bearing spoilt. Loss of belt fiction power = less speed = more fuel consumption

2) RX-115, Rim (wheel) bearing spoilt for rear wheel, wobble and sluggish at 90km/h = need higher rev of throttle for normal pick up = higher fuel consumption

I had give up hope on the bike as it making me irrating.... I think I will send the bike to the service centre liao... let them do a check with it....

It is veri noise when moving....

TrUe lOvE is Not loViNg a pErFecT pErsOn but loVinG an ImPreFeCt PeRsoN cOmpLeTelY

WrOng to CliNg to wHat yOu sHoUldN't b3lieVe in or to fAiL to aSk tHe tRuth you s33k

iN tHiS wOrLd ThErE iS nO sUcH tHiNgS aS fAiRy TaLeS tHaT iS y I oNlY gIvE u A pRoMiSe To LoVe U fOrEvEr

LoViNg A pErSoN iS nOt 1 dAy MaTtEr bUt LeAvInG a PeRsOn iS 1 MiN dEcIsIoN

Guest isisguan
Originally posted by diyichi_7778@May 26 2005, 03:21 PM

I had give up hope on the bike as it making me irrating.... I think I will send the bike to the service centre liao... let them do a check with it....

hope they "cure" your irridating noises fast....:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :goodluck:

Originally posted by isisguan@May 26 2005, 03:40 PM

hope they "cure" your irridating noises fast....:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :goodluck:

yeah sure.... As i m riding the EFI one so starting to hv problem liao.,... so sian of it...

Hope it dun waste much of my money for servicing..

TrUe lOvE is Not loViNg a pErFecT pErsOn but loVinG an ImPreFeCt PeRsoN cOmpLeTelY

WrOng to CliNg to wHat yOu sHoUldN't b3lieVe in or to fAiL to aSk tHe tRuth you s33k

iN tHiS wOrLd ThErE iS nO sUcH tHiNgS aS fAiRy TaLeS tHaT iS y I oNlY gIvE u A pRoMiSe To LoVe U fOrEvEr

LoViNg A pErSoN iS nOt 1 dAy MaTtEr bUt LeAvInG a PeRsOn iS 1 MiN dEcIsIoN

Can any1 send a SYM maunal? I lost mine.

ThanXxX

Dec'03 - Honda NSR 150SP - FT****B

Dec'04 - Honda PGM 250SP - FN****G

May'05 - SYM Joyride 200 - FZ****E

Feb'06 - Super Four Ver.S - FQ***R (bike stolen)

Apr'08 - Wave S 125 - FW****X

???????? - What's next??? - ??****?

Originally posted by gentoro@May 26 2005, 02:22 PM

For my case, i use Caltex (Platiunium), FC is higher. Same as V-power, as compared to 98.

Any 1 had installed an alarm on ur SYM? Can help me?

What brand of alarm u all bought?

How ur alarm activate? (e.g people seat on ur bike,... ... ...)

Where can I get a good alarm for a reasonable price?

Does all the alarm come wit the eletrical starter?

Originally posted by diyichi_7778@May 26 2005, 03:21 PM

Remember to top-up ur coolant with distill water(NTUC hv 1 brand state 100% pure

distilled drinking water). just buy the small 500ml will do. The rest can drink it urself. :cheeky:

and change ur gear oil +-100ml needed only.

13Jun05 - 21Jul06 Joyride 172cc. Mileage=31050

21Jul06..... TA200. Mileage=3200

MSN = [email protected]

Guest isisguan
Originally posted by RVD@May 27 2005, 03:11 AM

Any 1 had installed an alarm on ur SYM? Can help me?

What brand of alarm u all bought?

How ur alarm activate? (e.g people seat on ur bike,... ... ...)

Where can I get a good alarm for a reasonable price?

Does all the alarm come wit the eletrical starter?

from what i know, alarm for bike should be the same as for car. i think there are two kinds. one is with motion sensor (maybe people go near it, or move the bike, it will activate) while the other kind will activate when people open the car door (or maybe the bike seat)

Guest isisguan
Originally posted by sb_rider@May 27 2005, 08:25 AM

If u r looking JR200 manual, PM me ur email address. so i can send to u.:smile:

u have soft copy?can send me. u got mail...:cheer:

Guest isisguan
Originally posted by Jaspen@May 27 2005, 02:03 AM

For my case, i use Caltex (Platiunium), FC is higher. Same as V-power, as compared to 98.

so what is your milage per km?

Guest isisguan

Guys, what is the tyre air pressure you pump for the scooter? front and back wheel? from the manual, it should be 171.7kpa for front wheel and 245.2kPa for rear wheel if got passenger. it is correct?

Guest isisguan
Originally posted by sb_rider@May 27 2005, 08:25 AM

If u r looking JR200 manual, PM me ur email address. so i can send to u.:smile:

Thanks i had received your email....its exactly the same copy as my hard copy one...thanks.

Anyone know's were Joyride can be sent for Tuning??

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k127/jytheorem/SV%20-%20Skinzo/SV_jy.gif http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k127/jytheorem/jy_sv.jpg

Wonder y my ST11 dun look as good as my SV...

Originally posted by jytheorem@May 31 2005, 08:05 AM

thats a good question. Most joyriders here have not send their bike for tuning i think except for some went in Malaysia and tune. :giddy:

Car:

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

Question 1

Where do u all normally change this things, How long then u all change and what type u all change?

(Need advice)

Engine Oil -

Transmission Oil -

Spark Plug -

Coolant -

Belting and Roller -

Tyres -

Question 2

JR 200 need to Change or Wash Oil Filter?

And Air Filter need to Change or Wash?

How many mths then u all wash ur carburetar, set ur carburetor?

For the 3 things mention about,where is the recommend place?

Question 3

How hard did u all set ur back suspension(1 - 5)?

Can front and back brake lever free play set to a lesser free play?

A MILLION THANXxX

Question 1

Where do u all normally change this things, How long then u all change and what type u all change?

(Need advice)

Engine Oil ->

3-4000km Fully Syn Oil[currently Royal Purple Max Cycle 10W40 $16], +-1000km mineral oil

Transmission Oil ->

+- 5000km 75W140(recommended) currently using RP MaxGear $16.85.

Spark Plug ->

Change at 10-12000km (NGK G-power $5 LAB) is quite cheap can change at 5-6000km if u 1.

Coolant ->

check and top up with distill water (NTUC abt $0.50 for 500ml)

Might change to water wetter if temp rises very fast.

Belting and Roller ->

Now at 14000km still hv not change yet. still waiting for it to break down. haha

Tyres ->

Still looking good. need to change when the thread is less than 2mm or when it look bald.

Petrol ->

SPC 92

Consumption ->

27-30km/l

Question 2

JR 200 need to change or Wash Oil Filter?

Wash when doing oil change.

And Air Filter need to Change or Wash?

not sure. might change when felt performace of bike is no gd.

so far i only take out and inspect during bike wash

How many mths then u all wash ur carburetar, set ur carburetor?

Don't think there is problem with my bike so never wash b4.

For the 3 things mention about,where is the recommend place?

pls refer this thread n try ur self, hopefully u can feed back in here.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....showtopic=63015

Question 3

How hard did u all set ur back suspension(1 - 5)?

mine mostly with pillion (total 100Kg+) 4

Can front and back brake lever free play set to a lesser free play?

Not sure.

Hope this help. :smile:

A MILLION THANXxX

MSN = [email protected]

Originally posted by jytheorem@May 31 2005, 08:05 AM

so far have not been tuned by any mechanic. only feel idling speed abit high, so i have adjust it lower only. I remove my whole sit to get to the curburator.

not sure i have do it correctly but so far so good. :sweat:

MSN = [email protected]