SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF SYM Cafe 2007

gentoro

Originally posted by sb_rider@Jun 9 2005, 05:09 PM

Hi, don't think they are the sole distributor. De Xing, New Southern Motor and Ban Hong is selling SYM bike also.

As for SYM service centre. you can go there and check with them who else beside the 3 i mention above sells they bike.

Anyone has the tel number of SYM service centre? Pls do post in here, as i don't know where i left mine. Thanks. :smile:

Sym Service Centre

BLK 1039, Eunos Avenue 3,

#01-114.

Tel : 67461898, Fax : 67461891

This one??? found it in the earlier post from chua chee keong.

Thanks to those who provide such useful info.

--Lvin--

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by -Gu0Zz-@Jun 10 2005, 03:16 PM

Cool..but heard GTS's price will be as high as the EFI joyride..

nothing much except for better outlooks i tink,personally i'm in love with EFI bikes and HID.maybe the efi can only achieve its optimal economy after fine tuning.

can any 1 comment on this please?

BIke shop quote me 7750 OTR for EFI joyride

since with my insurance about 660.Coe about 700,reg fees 140,IU 150,thats already 1640 provided there are no other charges..so i'm paying 6110 for machine inc GST..further more i know the guy..so there wont be agreement fees for taking up loan.And its 4%

Norman from Dexing at Bukit Batok quote me 6.8k OTR for the EFI model.

Comes with 2nd party insurance & box for 2 helmets. IU doesn't come with it though.

Sounds good??? :sweat:

Any other things I must take note of???

--Lvin--

Buyers MUST take note additional costs for new bikes would have to include:

1) Road Tax - $40 (2) Registration Fee - $140 (3) Transfer Fee - $70

4) No Plate - $15 (5) COE - check (6) IU - $150 (7) GST before adding up the insurance & interest if you take a loan. I think this is what they call the 'hidden' costs so better check with shop first hor...

:slapforehead:

Originally posted by coollce@Jun 10 2005, 10:21 PM

Sym Service Centre

BLK 1039, Eunos Avenue 3,

#01-114.

Tel : 67461898, Fax : 67461891

This one??? found it in the earlier post from chua chee keong.

Thanks to those who provide such useful info.

--Lvin--

:thumb: Thanks this is the one. :smile:

Just manage to call the service centre today. They are open on SAT till 5pm.

But sadly they say they will be relocating to new place soon. :sian:

According the them FJT at Rowell Rd also selling SYM parts.

Anyway i have left them my contact number, hopefully they will remember call

after they relocate to a new place.

13Jun05 - 21Jul06 Joyride 172cc. Mileage=31050

21Jul06..... TA200. Mileage=3200

MSN = [email protected]

Originally posted by Shark@Jun 11 2005, 01:21 PM

Buyers MUST take note additional costs for new bikes would have to include:

1) Road Tax - $40 (2) Registration Fee - $140 (3) Transfer Fee - $70

4) No Plate - $15 (5) COE - check (6) IU - $150 (7) GST before adding up the insurance & interest if you take a loan. I think this is what they call the 'hidden' costs so better check with shop first hor...

Thanks Shark. That's very good info for me. :smile:

So any recommended shops to patronize? :help: anyone???

--Lvin--

Originally posted by coollce@Jun 11 2005, 06:46 PM

Thanks Shark. That's very good info for me. :smile:

So any recommended shops to patronize? :help: anyone???

--Lvin--

Yup... would recommend u memorise all the digits so that if salesman try to 'chop' you then you can hantam him back.:goodluck: Not too sure about shops tho.. It all depends on how u negotiate with them. Some shops i find quote low bike price but jack up when you tie installment plans with them, while some sell high bike price but is actually worth it when you re-calculate back. JR200 would now cost 5.4-5.6K approx OTR. The EFI varies about 1K - 1.2K more as the previous riders in this forum has quoted. :goodluck:

Originally posted by Shark@Jun 12 2005, 03:30 AM

Yup... would recommend u memorise all the digits so that if salesman try to 'chop' you then you can hantam him back.:goodluck: Not too sure about shops tho.. It all depends on how u negotiate with them. Some shops i find quote low bike price but jack up when you tie installment plans with them, while some sell high bike price but is actually worth it when you re-calculate back. JR200 would now cost 5.4-5.6K approx OTR. The EFI varies about 1K - 1.2K more as the previous riders in this forum has quoted. :goodluck:

Sigh~ The sales man quote me 600+ for NTUC 2nd party insurance given my age 23 & no riding experience. However my friend found out for me that from NTUC, comprehensive will be $2313 excess $300, 2nd party is $1011, 3rd party is $649.

Why is there such big different from shop & from direct NTUC?

Any other insurance company I can get insurance from?

Please advise, no experience in this. Thanks! :cry:

--Lvin--

Sometimes I also dunno how these insurance company work... Last time i got my rvf, first yr insurance was in the range of $380-$400. After 1 year re-new, Mitsui sent a letter saying there I was given discount of 10% for no claim. But it costs $450 to renew. WTF??? Supposed to be cheaper mah,, how cum more ex?? Hahah.. Funny man these insurance company. Lan-lan still must pay mah.. But at the same time, road tax also must pay, installment also must pay, end up my pay is gone in just 2 days.

The remaining 28days I eat grass

bought it from someone posting in straits times classads for abt $3200 OTR 3rd party ins.

bike registered on 28/05/04 and mileage abt 9050k.

waddaya think?

does SYM service center at Ubi sell windshield accessories?

can some of us meet up to talk more?

me live in AMK.

Life finds a way

Yippee. . . Juz placed order for the Joyride EFI.

Now muz start saving up already.

Juz now was offered to try out the GTS, cool huge looking bike.

Kinda too bulky for me man. Maybe I newbie so can't handle properly. :cheeky:

Feels funny without clutch. Gosh, I think i muz practise a few rounds of braking with my left hand b4 i go out to the road.

Btw, how accurate is the fuel gauge ah? electronic one.

the last bar is reserve or still using normal tank?

--Lvin--:bounce:

The last bar is still normal guage.But when it blinks and a yelow bulb light up it means its in reserve.

Dec'03 - Honda NSR 150SP - FT****B

Dec'04 - Honda PGM 250SP - FN****G

May'05 - SYM Joyride 200 - FZ****E

Feb'06 - Super Four Ver.S - FQ***R (bike stolen)

Apr'08 - Wave S 125 - FW****X

???????? - What's next??? - ??****?

Any 1 of u interested in using this SYM machine to travel to Thailand. I am planning to ask a few SYM joyrider to join Kenny for the ride.I think he will be going at the end of this year. If u are interested pls pm me. Thx...

Originally posted by langy@Jun 18 2005, 10:03 AM

bought it from someone posting in straits times classads for abt $3200 OTR 3rd party ins.

bike registered on 28/05/04 and mileage abt 9050k.

waddaya think?

does SYM service center at Ubi sell windshield accessories?

can some of us meet up to talk more?

me live in AMK.

You got a good deal there i might say. I too, My joyride started running from 14 May 2004. Around the same time like yours, my milage is 12K+. Although my milage consider low but yours is even lower!!! Me think the bike was under usage and thats why the owner is selling. Good luck to all joyrider.

Car:

Leisure driving and family outing

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

Present FC: 11.03km/L

anyone of u guys had deco ur bike?? Anyone had put radio in it??

TrUe lOvE is Not loViNg a pErFecT pErsOn but loVinG an ImPreFeCt PeRsoN cOmpLeTelY

WrOng to CliNg to wHat yOu sHoUldN't b3lieVe in or to fAiL to aSk tHe tRuth you s33k

iN tHiS wOrLd ThErE iS nO sUcH tHiNgS aS fAiRy TaLeS tHaT iS y I oNlY gIvE u A pRoMiSe To LoVe U fOrEvEr

LoViNg A pErSoN iS nOt 1 dAy MaTtEr bUt LeAvInG a PeRsOn iS 1 MiN dEcIsIoN

Originally posted by langy@Jun 21 2005, 09:30 PM

does joyride cafe has a joyriders' contact list?

any meet up these days?

Why not you organise one outing for Joyride rider. Someone must take is initial step to progress further. :smile: Really hope you guys ride out your joyride and join us in our next outing.

Bear in mind that Scooter first outing started with few bikes only. :smile:

OoooKay......

how abt all joyriders PM me your names(or jus surname if you shy), emails, home district(eg. AMK) and handphone number then i will compile a contact list and distribute to everyone in the list.

will org a Joyride meetup to la kopi and chat in July.

prospective joyriders can also participate....

Life finds a way

Originally posted by chase79@Jun 22 2005, 04:36 PM

Can joyride add a side box ?:confused:

Wah canno uh... I think will be quite funny... Nobody has ever done that before... Furthermore, where do u want to put the bracket for the side box?:giddy:

U guys nv turn up for any scooter meeting before. so :cry: . I turn up for the Scooter 2nd Anniversary and the Kallang KFC Chit Chat session .I was the only SYM joyride 200, :shy: . Haiz. hopefully Joyrider can meet up ASAP.

Hmmm.... gotten a couple of contacts so far. Lemme post a standard template for simplicity. It'll be good to have name, email(for mass mailing instead of calling one-by-one), home district(eg.AMK) and HP number.

will try to org a meetup within a fortnight.

In case you're wondering, home district will be good for choosing location - if most joyriders live west, then meetup will likely be west.

Name :

Email :

Home district :

HP :

oh yeah, i forgot to add: the Joyrider contact list will be circulated to only those who PM their info.

Life finds a way