Jump to content
SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Recommended Posts

Posted

Anyone knows where to find electrical connectors that joins 3 separate wires into a T-shape?

 

The shops at Sim Lim Tower all think I am mad.

 

:angel:

Past: KDX200, LC4 400, LC4 620, GSXR750WR

Present: CBR900RRY, Gas Gas EC250, XR250L, XR250RV, XR400 (motard-ed), NX650 Dominator

  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

are ur referring to sumting like this?

 

http://www.florida50.com/user/image/p1050111.jpg

 

its called a T-tap connector...

 

its nt really 3 wires la.. its 1 wire, tap onto another wire.. the connector splices the MAIN wire, then provides a connector socket for a quick-connect...

 

if ur purpose is a permanent connection, i strongly suggest splicing the main wire wif a wire-stripper, wrap another wire around it, and solder... much better connection.. i heard that these connectors causes damage to the wires and exposes them to the weather alot, causing corrosion...

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

 

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

 

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

 

 

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

Posted
Anyone knows where to find electrical connectors that joins 3 separate wires into a T-shape?

 

The shops at Sim Lim Tower all think I am mad.

 

:angel:

 

I also think you are mad :angel:

 

But you can improvise with a Mercedes emblem :)

Posted
are ur referring to sumting like this?

 

its called a T-tap connector...

 

its nt really 3 wires la.. its 1 wire, tap onto another wire.. the connector splices the MAIN wire, then provides a connector socket for a quick-connect...

 

if ur purpose is a permanent connection, i strongly suggest splicing the main wire wif a wire-stripper, wrap another wire around it, and solder... much better connection.. i heard that these connectors causes damage to the wires and exposes them to the weather alot, causing corrosion...

 

That's exactly what I need! Yeah soldering will work, but the joint still needs to be housed in some kind of support, else the soldered joint will just break in a matter of time.

 

Will try my luck again at Sim Lim.

Past: KDX200, LC4 400, LC4 620, GSXR750WR

Present: CBR900RRY, Gas Gas EC250, XR250L, XR250RV, XR400 (motard-ed), NX650 Dominator

Posted
I also think you are mad :angel:

 

But you can improvise with a Mercedes emblem :)

 

Now why didn't I think of that?

 

Can loan me the emblem off your S-Class?

Past: KDX200, LC4 400, LC4 620, GSXR750WR

Present: CBR900RRY, Gas Gas EC250, XR250L, XR250RV, XR400 (motard-ed), NX650 Dominator

Posted
That's exactly what I need! Yeah soldering will work, but the joint still needs to be housed in some kind of support, else the soldered joint will just break in a matter of time.

 

Will try my luck again at Sim Lim.

 

Well I have gone there and done that....They dun know that iz dat. I can 101% confirm that Autobacs have them. But theirs is the blue colour ones which might be too big for bike wiring.

 

Blue colour taps - 18 to 14 AWG

Red colour taps - 22 to 18 AWG.

 

I do have some left (Red Colour T-Taps) when I bought them from US. Do PM if you are interested. I only have the taps hor. The spades you have to get yourself.

* Suzuki GSR750

----------------------------

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-metric2/196279.png

Posted
Bro correction.....S$0.30 each, selling in packs of 25 = 25 x S$0.30 = $7.50

 

That's ok, figured that out.

 

Demon is just trying to dispell my thoughts of twisting the Merc emblem off his shiny S-Class!

Past: KDX200, LC4 400, LC4 620, GSXR750WR

Present: CBR900RRY, Gas Gas EC250, XR250L, XR250RV, XR400 (motard-ed), NX650 Dominator

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...