SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha Midnight Warrior

zero_degrees

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bring back to SG? hmmm i don't think the bike has been here yet bro... seems like a new model..

nice blacked out bike but then, pushrods? hmmm or are those pushrods?

It's your damn bike, wash it yourself! You rinse your own mouth after you eat, don't you?

If I can explain it simply and correctly, pushrods are a different engine configuration to open/close the valves in the combustion chamber (as opposed to overhead cams)

Many Big Twins use this config so that the engine can be more 'compact' despite the large displacement.

Cruiser experts, please correct me if I'm wrong... :D

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

Its affirmative, i just checked the specs, its pushrod.

Engine

Type: 102 cubic-inch (1670cc), pushrod OHV, air-cooled, 48-degree V-twin, 4-valve per cyclinder

Bore x Stroke: 97mm x 113mm

Compression Ratio: 8.3:1

Ignition: Digital TCI

Final Drive: Belt

Transmission: 5-speed, close-ratio, w/multi-plate wet clutch

Fuel Delivery: Twin-bore Fuel Injection, w/throttle position sensor

Chassis

Suspension/Front: 41mm Kayaba inverted telescopic fork, 5.3" travel

Suspension/Rear: Single shock, link-type w/adjustable preload and rebound damping; 4.3" travel

Brakes/Front: Dual 298mm Discs

Brakes/Rear: 282mm Disc

Tires/Front: 120/70-ZR18 Radial

Tires/Rear: 200/50-ZR17 Radial

Dimensions

Length: 93.9"

Width: 36.8"

Height: 44.1"

Seat Height: 28.7"

Ground Clearance: 6.1"

Wheelbase: 65.6"

Dry Weight: 613 lb.

Fuel Capacity: 4 gal.

PK & Friends

STOC: 7063

If you are going to Hong Leong to order one of those Midnight Warriors, tell them I want a Midnight Silverado :p :cheeky:

http://www.bikez.com/pictures/yamaha/2005/21093_0_1_2_road%20star%20midnight%20silverado%201700_Image%20credits%20-%20Yamaha.jpg

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

Sori Bros,

HongLeong dare not import these big bore cruisers into SG.

1stly these big bore cruisers are from Yamaha USA.

2ndly no demand for yamaha big cruisers. (most riders in SG go for Honda!)

3rdly they got bad xperience selling previous Royalstars. (how many here?)

4thly even now the Dragstar 1100 frm Japan not many buyers.

But then no harm asking will they import those big yamaha cruisers if u really really want it.

RThen how about the maintenance parts?

Pls bro,

if u ask them n they say yes they can, post here ASAP.

I really lurve the new Yamaha Vstar1300 lah.

Originally posted by sgstarrider@January 16, 2007 11:56 pm

Sori Bros,

HongLeong dare not import these big bore cruisers into SG.

1stly these big bore cruisers are from Yamaha USA.

2ndly no demand for yamaha big cruisers. (most riders in SG go for Honda!)

3rdly they got bad xperience selling previous Royalstars. (how many here?)

4thly even now the Dragstar 1100 frm Japan not many buyers.

But then no harm asking will they import those big yamaha cruisers if u really really want it.

RThen how about the maintenance parts?

Pls bro,

if u ask them n they say yes they can, post here ASAP.

I really lurve the new Yamaha Vstar1300 lah.

Hmm not so sure about hong leong, but i guess will really need to talk to them to see whether they will import the bike or not......hmmm :giddy: :sweat:

PK & Friends

Emailed hong leong, whether they will bring in Royalstar, Roadliner or Warrior.... below is their reply:

Hi,

We are regretted to inform you that these models are not available nor imported into here.

Due to unable to meet LTA regulation.

Thank you for your interest in Yamaha motorcycles.

With best regards.

:giddy:

Kiamh >> But i think they do have V Star Series, with the 1100cc biggest i think, the midnight silverado is under V Star series right?

:smile:

PK & Friends

Originally posted by zero_degrees@January 17, 2007 02:27 pm

Emailed hong leong, whether they will bring in Royalstar, Roadliner or Warrior.... below is their reply:

Hi,

We are regretted to inform you that these models are not available nor imported into here.

Due to unable to meet LTA regulation.

Thank you for your interest in Yamaha motorcycles.

With best regards.

:giddy:

Kiamh >> But i think they do have V Star Series, with the 1100cc biggest i think, the midnight silverado is under V Star series right?

:smile:

so sad .. :pity:

but wondering wat's LTA defination of their regulations of bringing bikes in ... ? :confused:

like alot of bikes all not allowed in Singapore ... :sian:

THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY

Originally posted by iVy@January 17, 2007 02:31 pm

so sad .. :pity:

but wondering wat's LTA defination of their regulations of bringing bikes in ... ? :confused:

like alot of bikes all not allowed in Singapore ... :sian:

Most likely not meeting the Euro 3 or 4 emission standards, I think. I mentioned the standards 'cos LTA follow them.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

Originally posted by sgstarrider@January 17, 2007 04:44 pm

Does HD follow euro standards? hmm :dot:

These yamaha big cruisers comes from USA under Yamaha Japan right?

I think Yamaha is Star in America

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

I've talked to hong leong before. Like mentioned: they are reluctant to bring in any big bore cruisers due to claim of no market in singapore. I dont think its due to the emissions because all these big bore cruisers have passed all of the EURO emissions tests and are selling relatively well in both america and europe. So my guess is hong leong still doesnt want to bring in due to the demand.

You can try the big bore boulevard 1800 that looi's is keen in bringing in. Or the Vulcan series from kawa. Not much new honda big bores around though.... last that I know is the VTX1300 at loois... last piece.

Cheers

VTX 1800 R2 - My Red AXE

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1277/1364068165_c2c3d6b1e3.jpg

ENDLESS ROADS ~ TAKE THEM SLOW

Originally posted by zero_degrees@January 17, 2007 02:27 pm

Guess I'm destined to get a Harley, since the metric cruisers are so limited in choice :p

BlackDawn aka kiamh

Oh Kiamh dun give up hope yet. Hong Leong currently carries the V Star 1100cc, which doesn't look very nice, but its big brother, the V Star 1300cc is very sweet...

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/assets/content/images/600/07vstar1300_raven_3_3f0e5d8b.jpg

I have follow up on my enquiry to Hong Leong and ask them will they be bringing in this sweet looking new cruiser (only out in 2007), and i got the reply that this model is under consideration from Hong Leong to bring in and fight with the VTX 1300, lets hope it can reach our shore, i don't mind zooming around with one of this sweet looking bike...

With the custom add-ons from Yamaha, this beauty can make to look nearly like a roadking hahaha........( a cheaper one tho.....:p)

:smile: :thumb: We can all hope.....

PK & Friends

Its a nice bike, but somehow or other, I just don't dig 2-into-1 exhausts. I can't explain it myself, but I like V-Twins with over/under staggered exhausts :p

SOMEONE PLEASE bring in the Vulcan 900 LT! :pray:

BlackDawn aka kiamh

Originally posted by kiamh@January 18, 2007 12:16 am

Guess I'm destined to get a Harley, since the metric cruisers are so limited in choice :p

when getting one? i also want :smile: then we go touring :p

A New Rider A New Bike A New Hope ~!

~~TA200 Phantom custom 4 ~ 2004 to 2006

A old Rider , A old Bike but still A New Hope~!

~~Dragstar 4TR custom 2006 to 2007

A forgotten Rider, An old legend, A returned Hope~!

~~VMax12 2007 to 2007

A returned Rider, Another legend, forever hope~!

~~Shadow400 2009 ...

Hmm kiamh, my sentimentals exactly ooposite yours, i like how 2 pipe merged to become 1 big fat pipe, i think its kool hehehe.....just like my current shadow...:smile:

If this bike do hit our shores, i might be seriously thinking about grabbing one...:cheeky:

Hey Alex, next time we can all tour together cruising around hehee......:thumb:

PK & Friends