SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SpareDR650 Exhaust Muffler

Demon

To all my fellow DR650 riders, post '96 model. If you need a stock muffler for inspection, it's available for loan, FOC. Self-collect, self-install. If possible, return after use.

It's not new looking, otherwise in perfect condition, no holes, no leak. Only difference is that it was sprayed black.

:bounce:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Demon@January 22, 2007 02:22 pm

To all my fellow DR650 riders, post '96 model. If you need a stock muffler for inspection, it's available for loan, FOC. Self-collect, self-install. If possible, return after use.

It's not new looking, otherwise in perfect condition, no holes, no leak. Only difference is that it was sprayed black.

Hello Demon, looks like you have solved your "heavy" original pipe problem?

Cheers and Happy CNY,

g

Ride like everyone else on the road is an Idiot

Know your ride well if you wanna go fast

Enjoy your ride, Have Fun

Live to Ride ,Ride to Live

Originally posted by gddigger@February 20, 2007 02:36 pm

Hello Demon, looks like you have solved your "heavy" original pipe problem?

Cheers and Happy CNY,

g

hi gd. happy piggy year.

I haven't and I'm actually back to where I started.

A buddy from brisbane was ready to carry back a staintune muffler + big bore header, but I have problems getting it installed legally especially if it's not done through a shop. I don't enjoy riding if I have to look over my shoulders all the time. Then I managed to buy off from ebay USA a barely used DR650 exhaust from a 2003 bike. Even with freight factored in, it was still a good deal. Since I have one spare original muffler, the plan was to dissect the other one to lightened it as well as to make it less restrictive. However at that time, I was also having fun restoring a cruiser, so the exhaust project had to wait.

With the school term started, and I have to be away overseas for two weeks, and CNY to follow, I have to tidy up the mess and put the bikes back together. So the DR650 has got a newer muffler and the cruiser project is completed, now I have two bikes back on the road, and with all the tools kept, I'm simply too lazy to start on the muffler.

If I have some time again, I'll start on it, but I am afraid that once I start, I'll probably end up destroying it.

Quick question....is there any difference between the two exhaust pipes?

Better flow? Its a bother to ride if one has to lookout for TPs but $500 is still painful to part with.

I may be thinking of getting a DR650 too but right now its a toss up b/w the DR and an ER6N (for a change....):bounce:

Cheers,

g

Originally posted by gddigger@February 20, 2007 05:24 pm

Quick question....is there any difference between the two exhaust pipes?

Better flow? Its a bother to ride if one has to lookout for TPs but $500 is still painful to part with.

I may be thinking of getting a DR650 too but right now its a toss up b/w the DR and an ER6N (for a change....):bounce:

Cheers,

g

between the stock and Staintune ?

The staintune weight is probably a fraction of the stock muffler. I would think that it has better flow because rejetting is encouraged. But I'm not really sure because most of them incorporate the airbox mod which would require re-jetting anyway otherwise it will run too lean.

Getting fine for illegal mod is bad; subsequently, the sight of $1k worth of metal lying in the store will definitely get me killed.

How many DRs can you get with one ER6n ? heee....now the choice is clearer ?

Originally posted by Demon@February 21, 2007 09:32 pm

between the stock and Staintune ?

The staintune weight  is probably a fraction of the stock muffler. I would think that it has better flow because rejetting is encouraged. But I'm not really sure because most of them incorporate the airbox mod which would require re-jetting anyway otherwise it will run too lean.

Getting fine for illegal mod is bad; subsequently, the sight of $1k worth of metal lying in the store will definitely get me killed.

How many DRs can you get with one ER6n ? heee....now the choice is clearer ?

Hmm, you missed my first question...I was asking bout the difference between the two stock pipes...I figure the earlier one would have better flow than the later model's. Staintune is nice, all stainless and wid the removable diffuser?

You can get fined more than once for the "illegal" mod, dun forget. The 1k lying around in the store is just lying there, it won't compromise your bikes legality.

Hee hee (now you know why I'm asking about the pre-emmission stock pipe?).

Geez, I think the ER6N and the DR650 would be about same same on cost to me(diff if any maybe 1 or 2k).

There's no new DRs left(where I've been asking), waiting for the 2007 ones to arrive, ER6N most likely will be 2006 stock, 2007 ones have the abs option available and in 2007 an ER6N offshoot...the versys may come in (its same engine layout and look BUT....like a dual purpose in SM format....COOL) but expected price...dunno, may be too rich for me.

And no I do not have any NEWS on the 2007 kawasaki incoming, its all wishful thinking.

Cheers,

g

Originally posted by gddigger@February 22, 2007 01:52 am

Hmm, you missed my first question...I was asking bout the difference between the two stock pipes...I figure the earlier one would have better flow than the later model's. Staintune is nice, all stainless and wid the removable diffuser?

I don't think there is any difference between the two stock exhaust mufflers as all post '96 DR650s are the same. They weigh just as heavy. This time I replaced the muffler connector, and the header gasket, and a new heavy duty clamp between the muffler and header. Not sure if there is an improvement in performance, but it definitely gave the bike a brand new feel with all the bling bling shiny muffler.

Darn, there I was thinking of "original" potential.....

I hope the ride is better for you now.

Cheers,

g

Originally posted by Tiko@February 24, 2007 02:46 pm

have u enquire looi's motor about the new DR's.

I only got "waiting for new stock" call in march.......

Cheers,

g