Jump to content
SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Recommended Posts

Posted
Eh my 2T less than 1000km use up one litre....what the hell sia.

 

Wow so fast? Mayb u nd to adjust yr 2T intake Liao. Gt a lot of white smoke when u ride? U knw How to adjust? I dono. There is a yellow knob beside yr carburetor. But tat one adjust yr idling speed. Don think is tat one. If NT hav to go wkshop Liao.

  • Replies 140.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • wait4me

    7829

  • lwfc

    5847

  • MC28

    4646

  • garfieldrox

    3352

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
Hi guys. Recently my left signal when switched, front is always on, rear is NT off. Also don hav the "clicking sound". Right signals both ok norm. Wat happen? I susp the timer relay konk. Any ideas?

Hi guys. Jus rectify the above prob. Its the rear signal light blow. So wori its the timer relay. Heng !

Posted
Hi guys. Recently my left signal when switched, front is always on, rear is NT off. Also don hav the "clicking sound". Right signals both ok norm. Wat happen? I susp the timer relay konk. Any ideas?

Hi guys. Jus rectify the above prob. Its the rear signal light blow. So wori its the timer relay. Heng !

Posted

Hey fellow SP bros and siss, I'm selling off my single seater piece/fairing, SMS or whatsapp me @ 9783-2203. Price and picture upon request(:

 

Meanwhile, have a nice day and ride safe!

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
My front suspension like 2 tubes of scrap metal. No feel of suspension at all

 

At bukit Batok near vicom, there is a motor shop where I saw a mechanic do the front suspension for a chopper. He take out the whole thing, clear the old oil, put in new oil n ring seals. The mechanics r msian Chinese. Quite professional. Hw much I dono. But I went for other servicing n repair, quite reasonable. Every day open, inc Sunday. Interested pm me, I giv u guys the details. NT v nice to publish here.

Posted
At bukit Batok near vicom, there is a motor shop where I saw a mechanic do the front suspension for a chopper. He take out the whole thing, clear the old oil, put in new oil n ring seals. The mechanics r msian Chinese. Quite professional. Hw much I dono. But I went for other servicing n repair, quite reasonable. Every day open, inc Sunday. Interested pm me, I giv u guys the details. NT v nice to publish here.

 

PM the location bro.

 

anyway, just came back from lab to buy the spare parts like fork seal and dust cover. will try DIY, if cock up then will go to the workshop. lol

Posted

Wow, u trying DIY ah. Hmm ok. From wat I c the mechanisms c do, mus remove front wheel 1st. Then the rest u mus fig out. Since SP does nt hav main stand, u mus try to jack up yr bike le. Invlv a lot of hard job n mus hav the tools to do it. Anyway gd luck to u. Let us knw the outcome. If I were you, I send shop le. Btw, HW much yr spare parts u buy for the fork susp?

Posted
Wow, u trying DIY ah. Hmm ok. From wat I c the mechanisms c do, mus remove front wheel 1st. Then the rest u mus fig out. Since SP does nt hav main stand, u mus try to jack up yr bike le. Invlv a lot of hard job n mus hav the tools to do it. Anyway gd luck to u. Let us knw the outcome. If I were you, I send shop le. Btw, HW much yr spare parts u buy for the fork susp?

 

Cheap2 la bro, dust cover and oil seal only $10 plus at LAB, fork oil is $7 per bottle 500ml (SP front oil need 330ml per piece, so need to buy 2 bottle for a pair of fork). I will try to use car jack and wooden chair to balance it out..

 

According to the service manual, the metal bushing inside not really need to be changed unless dent. Watched a couple of video on youtube on how ppl service the front fork, seems like doable. Sooo I hope I can find a good day at start to do it. Wish me luck =)

Posted

I also no sure leh performance motor say cheap plate 10+ per piece. Expensive plate 28 a piece... Lol I also dunno what's the diff. That time he sell me original mirror 50, cheap mirror 10+ I cannot notice the difference lol

Posted
Cheap2 la bro, dust cover and oil seal only $10 plus at LAB, fork oil is $7 per bottle 500ml (SP front oil need 330ml per piece, so need to buy 2 bottle for a pair of fork). I will try to use car jack and wooden chair to balance it out..

 

According to the service manual, the metal bushing inside not really need to be changed unless dent. Watched a couple of video on youtube on how ppl service the front fork, seems like doable. Sooo I hope I can find a good day at start to do it. Wish me luck =)

 

Any1 HW much to replace the oil n oil rubber oil seal for fork servicing?

Posted
Any1 HW much to replace the oil n oil rubber oil seal for fork servicing?

 

$45 labour per piece, so do 1 pair $90 plus material $30-40.. soo abt 120-150 loh.. DIY confirm less than $30.

 

If you do it for daily ride better go to workshop, safety reason.

 

I do DIY cos for fun only, got nothing to loose.

Posted
$45 labour per piece, so do 1 pair $90 plus material $30-40.. soo abt 120-150 loh.. DIY confirm less than $30.

 

If you do it for daily ride better go to workshop, safety reason.

 

I do DIY cos for fun only, got nothing to loose.

Wow, for fun only? Heehee ok. 120-150 pretty x too, but considering the labour n the tools req, I think ok ba. Anyway Jus b careful aft u fix bk n ride. Btw, hav u DIY oledi? HW the result?

Posted
Wow, for fun only? Heehee ok. 120-150 pretty x too, but considering the labour n the tools req, I think ok ba. Anyway Jus b careful aft u fix bk n ride. Btw, hav u DIY oledi? HW the result?

 

Hehe, not yet. Now still doing DIY the front brake cylinder, after this then will do the suspension.. Will update once it's done

 

Cheers

Posted

Just successfully DIY replace front brake pump + brake line and flush all the old brake fluid. If you haven't changed breakfluid more than 2 years, you guys should look into it. It's all rusty inside, sometimes you can't even open the brake line anymore due to the rust.

 

Tools:

size 8 spanner (for the bleed nipple on your brake caliper, this is where the brake fluid go out during flushing)

aquarium hose (30 cm length is enough)

empty jar (those decent size like Prego size)

 

Parts:

Brake hose (singapore brand, forgot the name) order through LAB, 70cm for front brake $70

Front brake pump from LAB $38

brake fluid from shell petrol station, enough to flush 2 bikes front and rear $9

 

No need to open a single fairing for the whole thing, quite straight forward operation. remember to cover your nearby painted surface with old towel or news paper, brake fluid is very nasty to paintwork.

 

Tested jam brake from 80km/h a few times last night and this morning, the tyre skidded. So the brake is quite successfully installed.

 

YAY!!

Posted
Just successfully DIY replace front brake pump + brake line and flush all the old brake fluid. If you haven't changed breakfluid more than 2 years, you guys should look into it. It's all rusty inside, sometimes you can't even open the brake line anymore due to the rust.

 

Tools:

size 8 spanner (for the bleed nipple on your brake caliper, this is where the brake fluid go out during flushing)

aquarium hose (30 cm length is enough)

empty jar (those decent size like Prego size)

 

Parts:

Brake hose (singapore brand, forgot the name) order through LAB, 70cm for front brake $70

Front brake pump from LAB $38

brake fluid from shell petrol station, enough to flush 2 bikes front and rear $9

 

No need to open a single fairing for the whole thing, quite straight forward operation. remember to cover your nearby painted surface with old towel or news paper, brake fluid is very nasty to paintwork.

 

Tested jam brake from 80km/h a few times last night and this morning, the tyre skidded. So the brake is quite successfully installed.

 

YAY!!

 

Wow bro. Nice done. But the parts u buy add up, is it quite close to send shop? For own knowledge n hands on is v gd. But cost n labour wise, more worth n hassle free send shop la. Isn't it? If do lik tat at shop, HW much?

Posted
Wow bro. Nice done. But the parts u buy add up, is it quite close to send shop? For own knowledge n hands on is v gd. But cost n labour wise, more worth n hassle free send shop la. Isn't it? If do lik tat at shop, HW much?

 

hehe, not about the money saving bro. I just found it very satisfying getting the result after DIY.

 

during DIY you can make sure your fairing or other delicate stuff not scratch or mishandled, and you kinda know your bike history up to each bolt and nut condition. (normal shop just plug in whatever bolt nut they can find, i felt super sian when they did that)

 

next project is to service front suspension..

 

cheers!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...