SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

MV Agusta Brutale 675/920/990/1090

ahcaibiker

OK so picked up my MV Augusta Brutale Dragster RR in September. So have been riding her for a good 3 months now with 2000kms approaching.

Bought from S1 motoring

So far pretty happy with the engine, revs beautifully and is a gem to ride in 2nd and 3rd when hitting the twisty mountains etc. The gearbox with quickshifter for both clutchless up and down shifting is just amazing. Those downshifts are to drool over.

The styling and sound is also fantastic, but i think we all know that.

Only downsides so far is the handling/suspension. She is a little twitchy and the suspension seems hard as often thrown up from seat when hitting not so smooth road. As ive now put almost 2000kms on the bike i figure suspension should be worn in and its time to get the suspension set up for my weight/riding style so im hoping to get some improvement here.

neverthless its a sh*t load of fun

Edited by livingthedream

Current Ride: 2015 MV Augusta Brutale DRAGSTER RR

Previous Rides: 1989 Honda CBR250 RR / 2003 Yamaha YZF-R6 / 2004 Yamaha YZF-R1 / 2006 Yamaha YZR- R1 / 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Rossi edn) / 2008 Kawasaki ZX250-R

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
bro livingthedream hows the petrol comsumption btw? I am interested in getting the dragster rr too... hopefully

Honestly you don't buy a bike like this and worry about fuel consumption. :slurp:

Fuel light usually comes on around 170km, max i have reached its 200km before refilling, anyhting past this and you run the real risk of running out of fuel i would think.

Previous Rides: 1989 Honda CBR250 RR / 2003 Yamaha YZF-R6 / 2004 Yamaha YZF-R1 / 2006 Yamaha YZR- R1 / 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Rossi edn) / 2008 Kawasaki ZX250-R

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
How much is the Dragster RR right now?

My mate is actually selling his atm. We bought both ours at same time, but he is building some "choppers" so needs the funds.

7 months old, 6000kms.

White/Red version Dragster RR. He is looking at 35k if anyone is interested.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys i'm gona get a normal Dragster 800 need to know how the servicing is like, are the spares hard to get? what are the main problems with the bike and what shop other than S1, M1 specializes in this bike.

Also saw the Lewis Hamilton edition it was freaking awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, I am getting a used Brutale 675 next week. As Perrin asked, is there any other shops that service Agustas other than S1 who are the authorized dealers?

Hey guys i'm gona get a normal Dragster 800 need to know how the servicing is like, are the spares hard to get? what are the main problems with the bike and what shop other than S1, M1 specializes in this bike.

Also saw the Lewis Hamilton edition it was freaking awesome.

http://img23.exs.cx/img23/8058/1794.gif

In My World of Cruising, Racing, Living Fast Dying Young,

Here is A Story of True Romance. AWW...How F.U.Kin Sweet http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs258.snc1/10534_1140208501731_1122979945_30367651_5951968_n.jpg

Guys why so dead this section.

Hey deftones where are you going to get your bike? S1?

Also question to ask the 800 riders, I find that my bikes heats up like a Mother... fu.... when it is idling and the fan blows all the hot air up your legs.

Anyone experiencing the same thing? other than that I love my bike looking for places where I can get some accessories for my babe.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Perrin, I got it from another rider. Do you service at S1? I am looking for other places to service these. Some shops that I gathered are combine motor and Ram racing.

Here is A Story of True Romance. AWW...How F.U.Kin Sweet http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs258.snc1/10534_1140208501731_1122979945_30367651_5951968_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all..will be getting a 1078rr next week.

Can I know the servicing is it same as other bike...3.5L + oilfilter....I heard that this machine is quite well built so no major problem as far. Would like to hear ftomorrow the pro here.

http://www.ducatinewstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Stay_a_Hero_Campaign.jpg

Like father like son

Assalamualaikum/Hello to fellow bikers...

Price : $19.90 Only with installation !!!LOWEST PRICE IN CAROUSELL !!!

100% Genuine Made In USA.

Over 400 pairs were sold !!!

PROMOTION !!!

Buy 2 pairs and above at $18/= per pair only !!! Purchase 4 pairs and above and enjoy free delivery + installation..

Contact me at 83885695 (Wan)

Pls check my listing at Carousell :

https://carousell.com/grabongrip

* 100 pairs sold in a month !! Customers who bought it, recommended to their friends coz this product WERKZ !!!

A MUST HAVE for your daily ride !!

-----------------------------------

- Grab On Grip covers reduce vibration and give you a softer feel, reducing hand and wrist fatigue, so you won't have that tingly feeling in your hands after a long ride.

- There are riders riding sportbikes with low handle bars, complain of sore palms from leaning on the grips for so long. With Grab On Grip covers, these problems will be a thing of the past !!!

- Grab On Grip covers allow you to ride in more comfort, especially on those long rides. PERFECT for the daily commuter, tour rider, and sport riders alike.

Features

---------

- Slip over existing grips for greater comfort, or to renew worn grips.

- Work with heated or standard grips.

- Save $$$, no need change the whole heater grip system which is very costly.

- Shock absorbing EPDM foam for a smoother ride.

- Provide comfort to wrist and palm. (Great for touring !!)

- Glove friendly.

- Extra durable, ozone, UV, gas and oil resistant

- Grip Covers MC402/width 1.25-1.45"/5"Length.

** Fits class 2, 2A, 2B bikes as long as its a standard grip, it can fit .

** There's customers that bought and fit it on their bicycles too !!!

Great for city riding where there's lots of traffic light, your hand will be tired during the on going "stop go" situation, this product will help to ease the stress on palm n wrist. Highly recommended for despatch/delivery riders.

"Once you try it, you'll LOVE it"

NOTE : Lot of customers been asking what's the difference between Grab On Grip with another brand that's selling @ $30-$35.

Ans :

- 1st of all, Grab on Grip is Made in USA while the other grip is Made in UK. So the difference in currencies. USD vs Pound Sterling

- Difference in QUALITY. No doubt both are EPDM Foam but customers that have used Grab On Grip and have tried the "other brand", eventually came back to use Grab On Grip. Customers claimed that the "other brand" became smelly after using it for awhile and it tends to slip to the balancer causing the throttle to "stuck" which is VERY DANGEROUS. They have never face this problem when using Grab On Grip. Well, expensive things doesn't mean its good.

- Some customers asked how come mine is "cheaper" than the rest ?

Ans : There's no need for me to claim i'm the "dealer/distributor" when the product i sell is 100% Genuine Made in USA.. As a biker, I wanted to share my great experience of using this product for more than 5 years at an affordable price.

------------------------------------

Tags : BMW - All models. Ducati - All Models. KTM - All Models. Harleys (Only if its standard grips. Those oversize grips, can't fit). Triumph - All models. Moto Guzzi, Reiju, Kawasaki - All models. Honda - All models. Yamaha - All models. Phantom, RXZ, Piaggio Vespa Gilera, Motard, Scramblers, Kups.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337217[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337218[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337219[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337220[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337221[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337222[/ATTACH]

#GrabOnGrip #GOG

Edited by WanFazer

"Shut Up n Ride"

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Perrin, Ride is great except for the extremely hard seat. Might get it stuffed with Gel at Eugene. Hit me up at 90252026. I've not seen another agusta so far discuss anything related.

Deftones how is the ride so far?

Nope so far serviced at the bike shop i bought my bike from just basic engine oil and filter so should be no problem. (excel at bedok reservoir)

if Major problems I guess will have to go to S1.

Just got mine 1078rr...amazing machine. Every gear is like 1st gear. Not a user friendly bike but I'm loving it. Heehee

http://www.ducatinewstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Stay_a_Hero_Campaign.jpg

Like father like son

• 4 months later...

Thinking of starting a watsapp group for Agusta meetups/technical support etc since this forum is pretty much dead. Anyone keen just drop me a watsapp msg to 90252026 to get the ball rolling guys.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey lads

18 months and 11,000kms down with my Dragster RR. This has incl a 2200kms tour of malaysia on her, which was epic.

Look forward to hearing abt upcoming rides etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys, sorry to side track, but where do you do your servicings for your MV agusta? May I know the prices for valve clearance? And price of oil filter?

First motors ubi quoted me 180 for valve clearance but I've never heard of them before. Theres another shop in tampines which quoted me 400 for valve clearance but the reviews seem good.