SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Looking for riding shoes.

smgoh6

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the TCS x-miles. First Impression: Looks very stylish, like something you could wear to Ochard Rd. Easy to wear: just 2 velcro and it's secured. Adjustable at the ankle. Comfortable, but a little stiff cuz brand new. Probably will get better after break in. The soles are thin enough to feel the braking, and front part thin enough to slip under my low gear pedal. Great protection: hard at the front, some molded thing at the heels, ankle paddings, thick leather all around.

Minus: Sole is a little slippery. But it could be because I'm used to my non-slip safety boots :angel:

Ankle pad pokes into your feet a little. Should get better after break in

Didn't ride in the rain yet so no comment on the waterproofness

Basically, great boots at a reasonable price! Got them from Chiap Lee at around $200. Thanks to lanfire for the recommendation!

Got meself a tank/tail bag that can be carried like a backpack or slingbag and fits one fullface helmet from there as well. lol

oh btw TS you can try Kings high cut safety boots. Steel toe cap, thick leather, and 100% waterproof. Just not very comfortable, cuz toe area too much space, and no other protection that bikers need, and it has shoe lace, which is dangerous for riding. Price: $56.95.

http://www.estore.com.sg/king-s-comfort-black-leather-laced-safety-shoe-kws803-p-48-165-688.html

Edited by xavez

Live to Ride. Ride to Live

Just got the TCS x-miles. First Impression: Looks very stylish, like something you could wear to Ochard Rd. Easy to wear: just 2 velcro and it's secured. Adjustable at the ankle. Comfortable, but a little stiff cuz brand new. Probably will get better after break in. The soles are thin enough to feel the braking, and front part thin enough to slip under my low gear pedal. Great protection: hard at the front, some molded thing at the heels, ankle paddings, thick leather all around.

Minus: Sole is a little slippery. But it could be because I'm used to my non-slip safety boots :angel:

Basically, great boots at a reasonable price! Got them from Chiap Lee at around $200. Thanks to lanfire for the recommendation!

Got meself a tank/tail bag that can be carried like a backpack or slingbag and fits one fullface helmet from there as well. lol

oh btw TS you can try Kings high cut safety boots. Steel toe cap, thick leather, and 100% waterproof. Just not very comfortable, cuz toe area too much space, and no other protection that bikers need, and it has shoe lace, which is dangerous for riding. Price: $56.95.

http://www.estore.com.sg/king-s-comfort-black-leather-laced-safety-shoe-kws803-p-48-165-688.html

I think im going for the x miles too. Thanks for your input man!

thanks for the review! :)

lol. bro, i tried to ride with saf boots a few times, cannot leh. the braking "lost feel"

Haha u will eventually get use to it after a week or so.

I took around 1 week when I enlist,to feel the foot peg n stuff

Cheaper alternative on waterproof riding shoes though

Cheers

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

In the crazy massive downpour this afternoon, with my x-miles on I

Stood in 5cm flood at the bike lot

Survived the 1hr journey home (rode really slow)

and my socks were totally dry.

I had rstaichi rainbuster pants and the northface gortex from the cmo. besides a little ingress at the sleeves due to the position, i was dry head to toe. now riding in the rain is not so dreadful :)

I had rstaichi rainbuster pants and the northface gortex from the cmo. besides a little ingress at the sleeves due to the position, i was dry head to toe. now riding in the rain is not so dreadful :)

Nice! glad you made it home.. its raining for a very long time already. I am worried that when i sit on my bike, my pants tend to go up, dunnoe the x miles can cover anot. if not the water will seep in from the top.

Nice! glad you made it home.. its raining for a very long time already. I am worried that when i sit on my bike, my pants tend to go up, dunnoe the x miles can cover anot. if not the water will seep in from the top.

The X-miles covers 7 inches from the base of your feet. Hope that helps... Otherwise SAF combat is the only other affordable, wait, free alternative lol

Yea and I was at Eugene saddlery to fix my seat. And the rain continued to pour. With my drymaster kit at home. Good thing had the same north face from cmo. But no pants. And since I wanted to invest in a pair of waterproof riding pants, walk to Chiap lee. Got a coocase one. Tested it on the way back to jurong. But not before going into city square mall to ****. Bloody stomachache. Rode the way back, all dry. But it's still drizzling now...

Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

How much is the riding pants?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/ki113r/Mobile%20Uploads/20150407_203245_zpsvojubra6.jpg

2004 - 2005 FR1284A ~ NSR150SP (FILA Paintwork)

2012 - 2013 FS7810L ~ NSR150SP (Pure White)

2013 - 2015 FBE9955K ~ Spec 3 (Pearl White)

2015 - ???? Quit riding

Coocase one. 180. Ask for discount. Say your friend bought a boots and a pants fr him recommend wan.

Water proof riding pants with padding at knee and hips.

Ohh. Thanks :D

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/ki113r/Mobile%20Uploads/20150407_203245_zpsvojubra6.jpg

2015 - ???? Quit riding

Coocase one. 180. Ask for discount. Say your friend bought a boots and a pants fr him recommend wan.

Water proof riding pants with padding at knee and hips.

Ohh. Thanks :D

2015 - ???? Quit riding

I went to chiap lee, chong aik and regina yesterday.. tcx x miles dont have my size =.= Chiap lee selling at 220. Chong aik sport rain also dont have my size ): Regina got some boots too.. only tried 1.. skies are getting dark so i left early. I tried the forma diablo. $160 if i rem correctly. Going down to motoworld soon to check out their boots!

I went to chiap lee, chong aik and regina yesterday.. tcx x miles dont have my size =.= Chiap lee selling at 220. Chong aik sport rain also dont have my size ): Regina got some boots too.. only tried 1.. skies are getting dark so i left early. I tried the forma diablo. $160 if i rem correctly. Going down to motoworld soon to check out their boots!

Not sure about the stuff that Motoworld brings in. Up there one contributor said his Taichi one gave way in waterproofing after few months only. And don't think the price is that much of a difference. Considering we're talking Japanese vs. Italian. (I think)

Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

Not sure about the stuff that Motoworld brings in. Up there one contributor said his Taichi one gave way in waterproofing after few months only. And don't think the price is that much of a difference. Considering we're talking Japanese vs. Italian. (I think)

I just saw that post too.. maybe ill go back to chong aik and chiap lee to see other models again