Jump to content
SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

wat's good bout scram?


l0r3tTa

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like wat Naz said. You get the right bike to fit your needs and requirements. What kind of pleasure will you derive living in fear of heights? There are however things you can do to help lower the ride height.

 

1. Change the linkage. (the dogbone thing under your rear suspension) Best way!

2. Cut your seat.

3. Raise the front fork in the triple clam.

4. Change "shortie" fork (some ktm guys do it)

5. Use a shorter stroke rear suspension. Or get one that can adjust ride height.

 

 

* Do not be confused.

- The rear suspension "hardening/softening"(better known as Preload) is not the right way to adjusting ride height. It's job is to give you the right amount of "movement"(Slag) in absorbing bumps.

 

I.E. use the proper devices for the proper function.

 

Good luck on your search for the ONE. Feel free to contact us know if you need help. Lookng forward to welcoming you to the Dirtbike family. Cheers!

 

:goodluck:

Sandman

http://www.suzukacircuit.com/race/cocacola8/images/cocacola8.jpg

"...Say your Prayers Little Ones..."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by l0r3tTa@March 09, 2007 02:09 am

Thanks guys...

 

yeps..i'm lookin forward too..

 

cheers to all..

anyway ...

 

 

all the best to ya in getting a dirtbike...

 

 

 

*pssstttt* .. a KTM2 motard or WR2 motard also would look good too ... heh

:sweat:

:cool: rempiticon #76

 

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photos/LG8O8616.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by angeldogleslie@March 08, 2007 07:13 pm

actually i'm 1.65 and i'm riding a whooping DRZsm lols. now prob when stoppin lar just tip toe lor

 

haha fuel consumption is fantastic around 30.4km per litre and maintaince wise......... WHAT MAINTAINANCE ? ahha just change E.O and oil filter only muahahah

 

go Motard lar dun go knobblies lols

 

:cheer:

wow... drz sm fc 30.4km/litre? dats even better fc den my sp.. hope can change to a scram or a motard soon... :cheeky: :cheeky:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by j@March 09, 2007 11:00 am

wow... drz sm fc 30.4km/litre? dats even better fc den my sp.. hope can change to a scram or a motard soon... :cheeky: :cheeky:

2 stroke and 4 stroke cannot compare 1la... even a wave's fuel consumption can be better den a ktm300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by angeldogleslie@March 08, 2007 07:13 pm

haha fuel consumption is fantastic around 30.4km per litre and maintaince wise......... WHAT MAINTAINANCE ? ahha just change E.O and oil filter only muahahah

wow i had no idea the drz does so much per litre. it's definitely on my shopping list. :cheeky:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/fleaz/_MG_5656-1.jpg

 

Honda Phantom TA200 [FT73*2H][2005-2007]

Honda XR400 [FN9*32Y][2007]

Aprilia Atlantic [FX751*K][2007-2008]

Toyota Camry [2011-2013]

Mitsubishi Lancer [2013-2014]

 

we live in the back, ride at the back -BSR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yes it does. Mine is totally stock with a ugly 45L Givi box lols.

 

i had only changed for a better uber spark plug so far haha. I only did up the bike with accessories. Currently in ns mar so using bike for transport so no $$ to mod the bike muahahaha.

 

but a word of caution!! the drzsm is extremely underpowered......you will need to spend around 3k to fully do up the bike to maximise its potential. lols there is a hundred and one things to mod on a drz man.

Super Motard ----> Sports Tourer

 

Support The Yellow Ribbon Project And Help Unlock The Second Prison :p

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i don agree tht u much spend so much leh.. full system 1k.. fcr $400? 3x3 airbox only how much? air filter maybe $50/-? less than 2k.. thts wat i have always think la.. correct me if im wrong though. my fren jus installed his LV pipe.. pickup already a killer.. haha!

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4760/presentation1re8.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Benguin46@March 10, 2007 01:29 pm

i don agree tht u much spend so much leh.. full system 1k.. fcr $400? 3x3 airbox only how much? air filter maybe $50/-? less than 2k.. thts wat i have always think la.. correct me if im wrong though. my fren jus installed his LV pipe.. pickup already a killer.. haha!

Scrammie is different like those 2b sportsbikes.. u use cheapo parts from certain shop u'll only risk ur life~ its totally different + did u rode the drz b4? if not how u noe? u're telling a DRZ rider how a drz feels like?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why ride a dirtbike?

 

We always get labelled by people as nuisance.

 

We always get aimed by TP as bonus.

 

We always complain about the frequency of tyre change.

 

We always fear getting caught for trespassing riding offroad in Singapore.

 

We always curse when inspection comes.

 

We always get "pretty" shoes chewed up by the sharp metal pegs n petals.

 

 

Frankly it's not worth getting one merely getting from point A to point B & "Rounding"

We're quick at traffic lights not doubt. But try using road bike sprocket ratios. If we only wanted fuel economy, we would have bought RXK.

 

Why ride a scram? You gota find your own answers ...

 

*ps. just something to ponder.

Sandman

http://www.suzukacircuit.com/race/cocacola8/images/cocacola8.jpg

"...Say your Prayers Little Ones..."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by sh4dy@March 11, 2007 01:37 am

Scrammie is different like those 2b sportsbikes.. u use cheapo parts from certain shop u'll only risk ur life~ its totally different + did u rode the drz b4? if not how u noe? u're telling a DRZ rider how a drz feels like?

yes i noe its totally different.. n did i say buy cheapo stuff..? yes i played wit my frens drz b4. stock n 1 wit a LV pipe. theres a difference in pickup. huge difference for me though.. dono abt others. n i also know angeldogleslie rides a drz. might have met him b4.. hehe! :smile: anyways, i tink its true tht fcr carb is maybe $400 n less rite? cant rmb.. n KNN filter, cant be more than $50 rite? :confused: n i also did a caluclation wit my fren.. LV pipe wit FMF powerbomb together less than $1k (estimation only)..

 

jus my 50cents :smile:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4760/presentation1re8.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Sandman@March 11, 2007 04:29 pm

Why ride a dirtbike?

 

We always get labelled by people as nuisance.

 

We always get aimed by TP as bonus.

 

We always complain about the frequency of tyre change.

 

We always fear getting caught for trespassing riding offroad in Singapore.

 

We always curse when inspection comes.

 

We always get "pretty" shoes chewed up by the sharp metal pegs n petals.

 

 

Frankly it's not worth getting one merely getting from point A to point B & "Rounding"

We're quick at traffic lights not doubt. But try using road bike sprocket ratios. If we only wanted fuel economy, we would have bought RXK.

 

Why ride a scram? You gota find your own answers ...

 

*ps. just something to ponder.

lol most ppl go for trend while only a handful go for passion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Benguin46@March 11, 2007 11:31 pm

true tht fcr carb is maybe $400 n less rite? cant rmb.. n KNN filter, cant be more than $50 rite? :confused: n i also did a caluclation wit my fren.. LV pipe wit FMF powerbomb together less than $1k (estimation only)..

 

jus my 50cents :smile:

 

a brand new FCR3 will set u back by 1.1K.

 

Now tell me, what do you think of the price to get a DRZ-SM to life?

 

If K&N cost less than $50, then why would people bother to buy a stock one?

 

Leo vince with powerbomb less than 1K but what price? $950?

 

 

One thing to NOT DO is :-

 

Give out an information from friend, friend, friend or read from here and there. Give out information only when you had done it before OR, you're very sure that's what the average market is after you've done your research.

 

Very misleading and give high hopes to new riders.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/triprider/imgphp.jpg

 

 

Fer everyday...

is an adventure...

when you're astride...

a green monster..

 

 

WE SOLD OUR SOUL FOR ROCK N' ROLL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Benguin46@March 11, 2007 11:31 pm

yes i noe its totally different.. n did i say buy cheapo stuff..? yes i played wit my frens drz b4. stock n 1 wit a LV pipe. theres a difference in pickup. huge difference for me though.. dono abt others. n i also know angeldogleslie rides a drz. might have met him b4.. hehe! :smile: anyways, i tink its true tht fcr carb is maybe $400 n less rite? cant rmb.. n KNN filter, cant be more than $50 rite? :confused: n i also did a caluclation wit my fren.. LV pipe wit FMF powerbomb together less than $1k (estimation only)..

 

jus my 50cents :smile:

my rs125 k&n filter already cost me 70... fcr 2 ppl sellin more than 400+ for 2nd hand... u tink i tot den who wanna confirm? im not trying to pick a fight but some ppl just like to assume things~

Link to comment
Share on other sites

well, my fren havent got the FMF powerbomb yet.. haha! jus considering. and LV he bought seperate.. now only MAH has the promo. n FCR2 the other time i saw dono SBF or slackriders 400 leh.. n yea.. LV n powerbomb ard $900.. i never say its $999 though.. hehe. KNN $70 ah.. Ooo.. the other time i went a shop at geylang $50-$60 only.. haha!

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4760/presentation1re8.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • DAIS_ShellBAU2024_Motorcycle_SingaporeBikesBanner_300x250.jpg

     
×
×
  • Create New...