Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B AT SSDC 2021


Recommended Posts

hi everyone. writing this as i wait for my second (and hopefully last lol) TP test at ssdc (any general tips or on how to keep nervousness at bay would be gladly appreciated as well)

disclaimer first; this is just my experience and it may differ hugely from yours. i'm sharing this in hopes that it will be someone else's survival guide to push them on.
pls note that slots are also relatively harder to get during this period due to COVID and i suspect it will be like this till mid or end 2022 (at SSDC). with that being said let's get on to my experience at SSDC!

——————

taking my 2b license is honestly probably one of the hardest things in my entire life LOL. i feel like if i took it any younger, i would have given up halfway and it's not common for a lot of people to stop halfway and retake a few years later. as a slower learner, trust me when i say i know how it feels to want to give up and not feel like you're progressing when you've been going for a lot of CRs and trying your best. 

as of 2021, SSDC uses CB190R and MSX125/ Grom for 2b. they also have lowered CB190R bikes which i prefer since it's more stable and i don't have to tiptoe (i'm 161cm for reference). however, i think the msx125 is only available for female riders as i've only ever seen females use them. 

 

 total number of lessons taken (excluding CR and RR):

L1 - 5x (fifth lesson free)
- general riding and moving off/ stopping, gear changing. will go up to 3rd/ 4th gear
- mini circuit and outer circuit

L2 - 4x
- slope, plank, slalom

L3.1 - 5x
- ebrake, fig8, crank course
L3.2 - 1x
- circuit test route 
- (supposed to have pillion riding also but they took it out due to covid)

L4 - 5x
- circuit assessment; accumulate no more than 18 points and 0 IFs

L5 - 5x
- general road riding; not road test route

L6 - 7x 💀
- road test route

L7 - 2x
- final assessment/ mock TP test; accumulate no more than 18 points and 0 IFs

please don't ask me for the total cost. i refuse to count and frankly i don't want to know either 🤡

about my L6: i felt l like i was getting robbed doing this lesson. i feel like i was just unlucky bc 2 or 3 times the instructor refused to pass me just because my u-turn was too wide. on my last try, another girl did it with me and passed (it was her first try) even though we both made mistakes. while you should not make any IFs, keep your mistakes to a minimum as well because they can refuse to pass you just like they did to me. sometimes depends on your instructor also la haha but hopefully no one is as unlucky as i am.

not everyone will have the same experience as you, so take these numbers with a pinch of salt and don't compare. i've met someone who was doing his 8th L4, and some who pass on their first try. i feel like the instructors don't hesitate to make you repeat if you're not up to their standard. 
 

 things i wish i knew before enrolling into ssdc:
1. the long ass waiting time between lessons. depending on what lesson you're at, each lesson is on average 1-3 weeks apart. frequently checking the website for earlier slots people cancel or trysell will help.

2. consider comparing tp dates between different schools. for instance, ssdc's nearest 2b tp test is on 20/09 (as of 27/08); but bbdc's is 02/09. cdc is 28/09. touchwood, but if you fail, you may have to wait longer at cdc or ssdc.

3. YOU CAN ONLY BOOK 1 LESSON AT A TIME. this is similar to bbdc if i am not wrong. cdc allows you to book 2 (same) lessons at once.

4. ssdc is essentially a multi story carpark. there are 5 floors and 2b learners will get to use the 5th, (3rd if your instructor brings you down) and 1st. the 5th floor is where most of your lesson 1-3 will be held. 3rd floor is for days when it's too hot and sunny or rainy. 1st floor is for circuit revisions and assessments. motorcars also share all 3 spaces. 
while i am super grateful for the sheltered circuit when it's very hot or rainy, it can sometimes feel a bit cramped and dark since it's not an open area like bbdc/cdc. but this is just a personal preference!
 

stuff that i think are helpful:

1.  ask the instructors ANYTHING you are not sure of. even if it seems redundant and stupid, JUST ASK. if you are going for CR, you can ask them to time you or give you tips on how to do certain courses. you can even park your bike and ask the CR instructor in charge if it's a lot of questions.

big big shoutout and thank you to instructor nizal. he helped me with my crank course for over an hour till he was satisfied. i cannot tell you how much asking instructors has helped. instructor gazzali also helped my fig8 go from 12s to just below 11s. just be prepared for him to shout at you to throttle more (although his shouting really does help lol)

2. keep a log of the bikes you use. since you cannot really choose on your TP test itself, it would be handy to have a rough idea of how a certain bike handles. it especially helps if you have short fingers like me and have a hard time reaching biting points that are very far.

3. take a small break from lessons if you need to. i found that taking a 2 week break helped me because i was so burnt out from spamming CRs and trying to get as much as i can done asap. 

4. taking a smaller tag number for L4/L7 (assessments) helps if you're the kind who hates waiting and living in anxiety for your turn because you get to go in front, as the smallest tag goes first.

5. check the website often for lessons- this includes CR and RR. people tend to trysell and cancel their slots last minute.

case in point 1: i had a CR in the afternoon, and i saw someone trying to sell their CR for 6pm that very same day. 

case in point 2: my second L7 was initially 2 weeks after my first. but my friend managed to snag a trysell for the very next day; and i managed to get my second L7 8 days earlier. 

 

6. and something i wish someone had told me for my assessments and tests: it's normal and ok to be nervous. but be confident in your abilities and your hard work; you will get there!

 

this is about all! i'm sure i still have some things to add, but i will edit and add those in when i remember. i hope this helps those taking 2b or are thinking of taking 2b at ssdc in one way or another 🙂

 

Edited by coldbrew
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, coldbrew said:

hi everyone. writing this as i wait for my second (and hopefully last lol) TP test at ssdc (any general tips or on how to keep nervousness at bay would be gladly appreciated as well)

disclaimer first; this is just my experience and it may differ hugely from yours. i'm sharing this in hopes that it will be someone else's survival guide to push them on.
pls note that slots are also relatively harder to get during this period due to COVID and i suspect it will be like this till mid or end 2022 (at SSDC). with that being said let's get on to my experience at SSDC!

——————

taking my 2b license is honestly probably one of the hardest things in my entire life LOL. i feel like if i took it any younger, i would have given up halfway and it's not common for a lot of people to stop halfway and retake a few years later. as a slower learner, trust me when i say i know how it feels to want to give up and not feel like you're progressing when you've been going for a lot of CRs and trying your best. 

as of 2021, SSDC uses CB190R and MSX125/ Grom for 2b. they also have lowered CB190R bikes which i prefer since it's more stable and i don't have to tiptoe (i'm 161cm for reference). however, i think the msx125 is only available for female riders as i've only ever seen females use them. 

 

 total number of lessons taken (excluding CR and RR):

L1 - 5x (fifth lesson free)
- general riding and moving off/ stopping, gear changing. will go up to 3rd/ 4th gear
- mini circuit and outer circuit

L2 - 4x
- slope, plank, slalom

L3.1 - 5x
- ebrake, fig8, crank course
L3.2 - 1x
- circuit test route 
- (supposed to have pillion riding also but they took it out due to covid)

L4 - 5x
- circuit assessment; accumulate no more than 18 points and 0 IFs

L5 - 5x
- general road riding; not road test route

L6 - 7x 💀
- road test route

L7 - 2x
- final assessment/ mock TP test; accumulate no more than 18 points and 0 IFs

please don't ask me for the total cost. i refuse to count and frankly i don't want to know either 🤡

about my L6: i felt l like i was getting robbed doing this lesson. i feel like i was just unlucky bc 2 or 3 times the instructor refused to pass me just because my u-turn was too wide. on my last try, another girl did it with me and passed (it was her first try) even though we both made mistakes. while you should not make any IFs, keep your mistakes to a minimum as well because they can refuse to pass you just like they did to me. sometimes depends on your instructor also la haha but hopefully no one is as unlucky as i am.

not everyone will have the same experience as you, so take these numbers with a pinch of salt and don't compare. i've met someone who was doing his 8th L4, and some who pass on their first try. i feel like the instructors don't hesitate to make you repeat if you're not up to their standard. 
 

 things i wish i knew before enrolling into ssdc:
1. the long ass waiting time between lessons. depending on what lesson you're at, each lesson is on average 1-3 weeks apart. frequently checking the website for earlier slots people cancel or trysell will help.

2. consider comparing tp dates between different schools. for instance, ssdc's nearest 2b tp test is on 20/09 (as of 27/08); but bbdc's is 02/09. cdc is 28/09. touchwood, but if you fail, you may have to wait longer at cdc or ssdc.

3. YOU CAN ONLY BOOK 1 LESSON AT A TIME. this is similar to bbdc if i am not wrong. cdc allows you to book 2 (same) lessons at once.

4. ssdc is essentially a multi story carpark. there are 5 floors and 2b learners will get to use the 5th, (3rd if your instructor brings you down) and 1st. the 5th floor is where most of your lesson 1-3 will be held. 3rd floor is for days when it's too hot and sunny or rainy. 1st floor is for circuit revisions and assessments. motorcars also share all 3 spaces. 
while i am super grateful for the sheltered circuit when it's very hot or rainy, it can sometimes feel a bit cramped and dark since it's not an open area like bbdc/cdc. but this is just a personal preference!
 

stuff that i think are helpful:

1.  ask the instructors ANYTHING you are not sure of. even if it seems redundant and stupid, JUST ASK. if you are going for CR, you can ask them to time you or give you tips on how to do certain courses. you can even park your bike and ask the CR instructor in charge if it's a lot of questions.

big big shoutout and thank you to instructor nizal. he helped me with my crank course for over an hour till he was satisfied. i cannot tell you how much asking instructors has helped. instructor gazzali also helped my fig8 go from 12s to just below 11s. just be prepared for him to shout at you to throttle more (although his shouting really does help lol)

2. keep a log of the bikes you use. since you cannot really choose on your TP test itself, it would be handy to have a rough idea of how a certain bike handles. it especially helps if you have short fingers like me and have a hard time reaching biting points that are very far.

3. take a small break from lessons if you need to. i found that taking a 2 week break helped me because i was so burnt out from spamming CRs and trying to get as much as i can done asap. 

4. taking a smaller tag number for L4/L7 (assessments) helps if you're the kind who hates waiting and living in anxiety for your turn because you get to go in front, as the smallest tag goes first.

5. check the website often for lessons- this includes CR and RR. people tend to trysell and cancel their slots last minute.

case in point 1: i had a CR in the afternoon, and i saw someone trying to sell their CR for 6pm that very same day. 

case in point 2: my second L7 was initially 2 weeks after my first. but my friend managed to snag a trysell for the very next day; and i managed to get my second L7 8 days earlier. 

 

6. and something i wish someone had told me for my assessments and tests: it's normal and ok to be nervous. but be confident in your abilities and your hard work; you will get there!

 

this is about all! i'm sure i still have some things to add, but i will edit and add those in when i remember. i hope this helps those taking 2b or are thinking of taking 2b at ssdc in one way or another 🙂

 

fail more at practice and especially at warm up, mine practices for each lesson roughly 3-4 times, mock test worse at 5 times. but 2b n 2a test at one attempt. 

i'm also a short rider at 162, 55kg...plus 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 鲁蛇不是鲁蛇 said:

fail more at practice and especially at warm up, mine practices for each lesson roughly 3-4 times, mock test worse at 5 times. but 2b n 2a test at one attempt. 

i'm also a short rider at 162, 55kg...plus 

yup i feel u.. totally wanted to give up for circuit assessment. took so many CR someone. but i did it and now i'm waiting for tp haha

im just slightly lighter than u as well 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jiayou for your tp.

give you a few tips, every section take a deep breath after tester wave at you to go.

and always dont look down, keep looking at 500m ahead, or more ahead. 

 

Edited by 鲁蛇不是鲁蛇
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am at L2 now and it took me 6 tries in L1 to finally passed it. Agreed that the long waiting time to book the next lesson is a huge turn off. Whatever instructions and procedures for the riding could have been rusted by then. For me, the most discouraging part was the instructors. Some instructors are nice (Nizal, as you mentioned) while some are...#nastydefensivefullofegogansterlikebehaviour. Before every lesson, I got nervous and demoralised just by thinking which type of instructor will I get this time. If I were the management of SSDC, it's about time to implement annual appraisal and performance grading. While I may not have met all of the instructors there, in terms of having a good attitude, so far I think Nizal and Alson were the ones worth mentioning.

I have not booked my next lesson yet, kinda dragging my feet now lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PracticalLessonRepeater said:

I am at L2 now and it took me 6 tries in L1 to finally passed it. Agreed that the long waiting time to book the next lesson is a huge turn off. Whatever instructions and procedures for the riding could have been rusted by then. For me, the most discouraging part was the instructors. Some instructors are nice (Nizal, as you mentioned) while some are...#nastydefensivefullofegogansterlikebehaviour. Before every lesson, I got nervous and demoralised just by thinking which type of instructor will I get this time. If I were the management of SSDC, it's about time to implement annual appraisal and performance grading. While I may not have met all of the instructors there, in terms of having a good attitude, so far I think Nizal and Alson were the ones worth mentioning.

I have not booked my next lesson yet, kinda dragging my feet now lol.

my L1 practical in bbdc got 3 section, which took me total of 8 times to clear. keep trying, harsh instructor make you a better rider, learn from your mistakes. mine every practical lesson for 2b is never less than 5 lessons, I spend a total of 9mths to clear all my lessons, with 2 attempts in mock test and 1 attempt in tp test.

class 2a in bbdc only got 2 training and 1 Mock test, than TP. my 2 training each at 4 tries, mock test take me 3 tries, again tp only 1st attempt to clear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  

3 hours ago, 鲁蛇不是鲁蛇 said:

jiayou for your tp.

give you a few tips, every section take a deep breath after tester wave at you to go.

and always dont look down, keep looking at 500m ahead, or more ahead. 

 

i think a tester marked me for delay in moving off becos i did that... lol

thank you for the tips 🙂

 

1 hour ago, PracticalLessonRepeater said:

I am at L2 now and it took me 6 tries in L1 to finally passed it. Agreed that the long waiting time to book the next lesson is a huge turn off. Whatever instructions and procedures for the riding could have been rusted by then. For me, the most discouraging part was the instructors. Some instructors are nice (Nizal, as you mentioned) while some are...#nastydefensivefullofegogansterlikebehaviour. Before every lesson, I got nervous and demoralised just by thinking which type of instructor will I get this time. If I were the management of SSDC, it's about time to implement annual appraisal and performance grading. While I may not have met all of the instructors there, in terms of having a good attitude, so far I think Nizal and Alson were the ones worth mentioning.

I have not booked my next lesson yet, kinda dragging my feet now lol.

yup, i agree that the procedure for certain things might have been forgotten. i kept a note on my phone of all the steps when i was still at my earlier lessons.

i have actually never gotten Alson before! i agree sometimes the instructors can be a bit stern and unwilling to pass you even though u thought u did ok but don't let the nasty ones get to you. just listen to what they have to say and fine tune your riding based on that. i feel that the instructors are fiercer from L1-4. they don't scold you as much when it's road lessons. 

I can't remember what's his name anymore, but instructor William (?) took me for my first L5. he was super naggy and was basically breathing down my neck and shouting at me for not doing things properly. it may help some people, but i got super overwhelmed as it was my first time on the road ever (i don't have a class 3 license).

while i agree they just want to look out for your safety, know when and what to filter out also 🙂 if they are calling you names and not adding anything valuable to your lesson, just ignore it. 

jiayou for your remaining lessons !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, coldbrew said:

  

i think a tester marked me for delay in moving off becos i did that... lol

thank you for the tips 🙂

 

yup, i agree that the procedure for certain things might have been forgotten. i kept a note on my phone of all the steps when i was still at my earlier lessons.

i have actually never gotten Alson before! i agree sometimes the instructors can be a bit stern and unwilling to pass you even though u thought u did ok but don't let the nasty ones get to you. just listen to what they have to say and fine tune your riding based on that. i feel that the instructors are fiercer from L1-4. they don't scold you as much when it's road lessons. 

I can't remember what's his name anymore, but instructor William (?) took me for my first L5. he was super naggy and was basically breathing down my neck and shouting at me for not doing things properly. it may help some people, but i got super overwhelmed as it was my first time on the road ever (i don't have a class 3 license).

while i agree they just want to look out for your safety, know when and what to filter out also 🙂 if they are calling you names and not adding anything valuable to your lesson, just ignore it. 

jiayou for your remaining lessons !

in tp test as long as your right foot don't drop, and all obstacles you cleared even slow by a bit, 80% chance of passing le, check blindspots before moving off and turning. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, coldbrew said:

  

i think a tester marked me for delay in moving off becos i did that... lol

thank you for the tips 🙂

 

yup, i agree that the procedure for certain things might have been forgotten. i kept a note on my phone of all the steps when i was still at my earlier lessons.

i have actually never gotten Alson before! i agree sometimes the instructors can be a bit stern and unwilling to pass you even though u thought u did ok but don't let the nasty ones get to you. just listen to what they have to say and fine tune your riding based on that. i feel that the instructors are fiercer from L1-4. they don't scold you as much when it's road lessons. 

I can't remember what's his name anymore, but instructor William (?) took me for my first L5. he was super naggy and was basically breathing down my neck and shouting at me for not doing things properly. it may help some people, but i got super overwhelmed as it was my first time on the road ever (i don't have a class 3 license).

while i agree they just want to look out for your safety, know when and what to filter out also 🙂 if they are calling you names and not adding anything valuable to your lesson, just ignore it. 

jiayou for your remaining lessons !

go to googles search for ssdc circuit. u should be able to find the circuit map with info like where to check bs, where to check back, how u supposed to line up, etc...

2 minutes ago, kokseng_wong said:

go to googles search for ssdc circuit. u should be able to find the circuit map with info like where to check bs, where to check back, how u supposed to line up, etc...

during tp, look at the tester signal or blinker light. try to minimise your anxiousness. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 鲁蛇不是鲁蛇 said:

in tp test as long as your right foot don't drop, and all obstacles you cleared even slow by a bit, 80% chance of passing le, check blindspots before moving off and turning. 

 

 

ha! that's what i did during my first tp.. no IFs, but kena marked for ebrake (which i usually have no problem) and just too bad anxiousness took over for fig8 and slalom, causing me to be much slower than usual. 

will have to keep myself calm on the day itself 🙂

 

2 hours ago, kokseng_wong said:

go to googles search for ssdc circuit. u should be able to find the circuit map with info like where to check bs, where to check back, how u supposed to line up, etc...

during tp, look at the tester signal or blinker light. try to minimise your anxiousness. 

yup.. no problem with bs or forming up all. it was just too bad i was too anxious liao 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@coldbrew all the best for your TP test! for slalom and figure-8 i realized that when im nervous my posture tends to be very stiff and i was leaning a bit forward, causing my timing for the 2 obstacles to be very slow. so just relax your upper body, keep an upright but relaxed posture and lean with the bike. hope this helps 🙂 

the good thing is right now no longer need to check-back, so less issues with wobbling? and hope that u get a good bike on test day itself! mine had an issue with the light that's supposed to come on upon the bike reaching 30km/h, so at e-brake my speed was at 32km/h but the light no light up, so i kena penalized for failure to attain required speed 😂

oh and try to get at least a few hours of sleep the night before ya..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, E.O. said:

@coldbrew all the best for your TP test! for slalom and figure-8 i realized that when im nervous my posture tends to be very stiff and i was leaning a bit forward, causing my timing for the 2 obstacles to be very slow. so just relax your upper body, keep an upright but relaxed posture and lean with the bike. hope this helps 🙂 

the good thing is right now no longer need to check-back, so less issues with wobbling? and hope that u get a good bike on test day itself! mine had an issue with the light that's supposed to come on upon the bike reaching 30km/h, so at e-brake my speed was at 32km/h but the light no light up, so i kena penalized for failure to attain required speed 😂

oh and try to get at least a few hours of sleep the night before ya..

thank you! i'll try to keep it in mind and practice during CR too, and yup definitely less issue with wobbling now! still kena once, but much better as compared to during L4 when i still had to check back. 

what number tag were you?? not fair leh to kena penalized like that.. albeit you still passed so i guess all is well HAHA!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, PracticalLessonRepeater said:

I am at L2 now and it took me 6 tries in L1 to finally passed it. Agreed that the long waiting time to book the next lesson is a huge turn off. Whatever instructions and procedures for the riding could have been rusted by then. For me, the most discouraging part was the instructors. Some instructors are nice (Nizal, as you mentioned) while some are...#nastydefensivefullofegogansterlikebehaviour. Before every lesson, I got nervous and demoralised just by thinking which type of instructor will I get this time. If I were the management of SSDC, it's about time to implement annual appraisal and performance grading. While I may not have met all of the instructors there, in terms of having a good attitude, so far I think Nizal and Alson were the ones worth mentioning.

I have not booked my next lesson yet, kinda dragging my feet now lol.

yes this i agree. i came across a few instructors who would just give sarcastic remarks but did not give suggestions to improve/correct you. but just don't let them get into your head, and try to do better the next try. but i would say majority of instructors are still helpful and sincere in wanting to impart their knowledge.

just persevere and press on bro! when riding, remember not to look down, but turn your head and look at where u are going. this will help alot in maneuvering

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, coldbrew said:

thank you! i'll try to keep it in mind and practice during CR too, and yup definitely less issue with wobbling now! still kena once, but much better as compared to during L4 when i still had to check back. 

what number tag were you?? not fair leh to kena penalized like that.. albeit you still passed so i guess all is well HAHA!

yupyup for CR, before attempting slalom, figure 8, crank course, i will tell myself to relax, LEAN WITH, NOT FORWARD, and i managed to clear within the required timings. 

i was tag #7 on 12 Aug 😅 that day dunno what happened, maybe testers bad mood, many of us got penalized for mistakes we didnt commit. my circuit alone alrdy 14 demerit points

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, E.O. said:

yupyup for CR, before attempting slalom, figure 8, crank course, i will tell myself to relax, LEAN WITH, NOT FORWARD, and i managed to clear within the required timings. 

i was tag #7 on 12 Aug 😅 that day dunno what happened, maybe testers bad mood, many of us got penalized for mistakes we didnt commit. my circuit alone alrdy 14 demerit points

i had 2 other friends on 12 aug who passed as well! i was 5 aug haha

wah means your road 4 points or less only? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, coldbrew said:

i had 2 other friends on 12 aug who passed as well! i was 5 aug haha

wah means your road 4 points or less only? 

my road was 4 points, failure to check for traffic at junction. i see green right arrow i kanchiong straight away u-turn liao hahaha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, E.O. said:

my road was 4 points, failure to check for traffic at junction. i see green right arrow i kanchiong straight away u-turn liao hahaha

wah zhunzhun 18. 

do you remember roughly how many passed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, coldbrew said:

wah zhunzhun 18. 

do you remember roughly how many passed?

if i counted correctly, 17 out of 40 passed. i heard someone mentioned before mid month the testers usually will fail more ppl. then after mid month they will be a little more lenient bcos they failed too many ppl in the previous 2 weeks, but dunno how true is this hahaha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, E.O. said:

if i counted correctly, 17 out of 40 passed. i heard someone mentioned before mid month the testers usually will fail more ppl. then after mid month they will be a little more lenient bcos they failed too many ppl in the previous 2 weeks, but dunno how true is this hahaha

💀 i choose not to believe that hahaha cannot fail this time round, if not i need retake RTT and wait even longer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, coldbrew said:

💀 i choose not to believe that hahaha cannot fail this time round, if not i need retake RTT and wait even longer

have faith! psycho yourself to be confident. personally i felt CRs slightly more impt than RRs, bcos RR depends on the road conditions on the day itself, but it's helpful in a way that it refreshes yourself with the test route and forming up going out/come back and the school gate. CR at least can keep working on the weaker obstacles. just keep reminding yourself during CR to have the correct posture, eye points, leaning with bike, and you shouldnt have much problem 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Road Revision dont focus too much on it, instructor wont be able to tell you where your fault is, if you lesson happen to be a big group. mostly road revision always ride in big groups.
  • focus on circuit revision better, blindspots must check everytime before moving off (chin touches your shoulder), right foot dont touch the floor, almost but never touch also wont fail.
  • in bbdc for 2b, there is a sp lesson (self practice), book like 6 lessons at least as tp test is about a month of waiting time.
  • every time tester wave at you to proceed, just take a deep breath will actually relax yourself.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kokseng_wong said:

so u got your 2b liao?

nope, failed first try. next one 6 sep

3 hours ago, E.O. said:

have faith! psycho yourself to be confident. personally i felt CRs slightly more impt than RRs, bcos RR depends on the road conditions on the day itself, but it's helpful in a way that it refreshes yourself with the test route and forming up going out/come back and the school gate. CR at least can keep working on the weaker obstacles. just keep reminding yourself during CR to have the correct posture, eye points, leaning with bike, and you shouldnt have much problem 🙂

i agree! i still have a few more CRs so i’ll keep those pointers in mind 🙂 thank you!

59 minutes ago, 鲁蛇不是鲁蛇 said:
  • Road Revision dont focus too much on it, instructor wont be able to tell you where your fault is, if you lesson happen to be a big group. mostly road revision always ride in big groups.
  • focus on circuit revision better, blindspots must check everytime before moving off (chin touches your shoulder), right foot dont touch the floor, almost but never touch also wont fail.
  • in bbdc for 2b, there is a sp lesson (self practice), book like 6 lessons at least as tp test is about a month of waiting time.
  • every time tester wave at you to proceed, just take a deep breath will actually relax yourself.

 

got it! ssdc only has Circuit revision and Road revision but should be almost the same haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 鲁蛇不是鲁蛇 said:
  • Road Revision dont focus too much on it, instructor wont be able to tell you where your fault is, if you lesson happen to be a big group. mostly road revision always ride in big groups.
  • focus on circuit revision better, blindspots must check everytime before moving off (chin touches your shoulder), right foot dont touch the floor, almost but never touch also wont fail.
  • in bbdc for 2b, there is a sp lesson (self practice), book like 6 lessons at least as tp test is about a month of waiting time.
  • every time tester wave at you to proceed, just take a deep breath will actually relax yourself.

 

Yeah man ssdc road revision now is like 6-8 students. On my last RR before TP test, the instrutors didnt even bother to point out mistakes alrdy, but at least i knew where i went wrong. But i guess it’s depending on the instructors too..

 

1 hour ago, coldbrew said:

nope, failed first try. next one 6 sep

i agree! i still have a few more CRs so i’ll keep those pointers in mind 🙂 thank you!

got it! ssdc only has Circuit revision and Road revision but should be almost the same haha

And also CR is cheaper hahaha. All the best! And another thing is not to stress yourself. I know this is easier said than done but during test date just tell yourself: “this is just like another CR/RR. I know my stuff”. Oh and remember to have breakfast! Just a simple bread frm the canteen is better than nothing (:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, E.O. said:

Yeah man ssdc road revision now is like 6-8 students. On my last RR before TP test, the instrutors didnt even bother to point out mistakes alrdy, but at least i knew where i went wrong. But i guess it’s depending on the instructors too..

 

And also CR is cheaper hahaha. All the best! And another thing is not to stress yourself. I know this is easier said than done but during test date just tell yourself: “this is just like another CR/RR. I know my stuff”. Oh and remember to have breakfast! Just a simple bread frm the canteen is better than nothing 🙂

Thank you!! Will definitely rmb to have breakfast and buy some milo too.. I’ll try to keep myself in that mindset and mentally prepare myself during CR. Hope to bring good news in a week’s time 😬🤞🏻 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...