SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B AT SSDC 2021

Just now, coldbrew said:

and yours will come soon!

thank you!! hehe. more like window shopping 😂🥲

thank you..! will join 🙂

can buy 2nd hand ma.. then window shopping become reality.. :D 

• Haha 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

On 10/26/2021 at 11:01 AM, coldbrew said:

and yours will come soon!

thank you!! hehe. more like window shopping 😂🥲

thank you..! will join 🙂

congrats to @coldbrew, which bike had you downpay for?? or shall wait till class 2a or class 2 completion??

On 10/30/2021 at 1:57 PM, 鲁蛇不是鲁蛇 said:

congrats to @coldbrew, which bike had you downpay for?? or shall wait till class 2a or class 2 completion??

thanks! hehe.. haven't bought yet, but looking at secondhand bikes with around 2-3 yrs coe 🙂 some on carousell look quite promising

7 minutes ago, coldbrew said:

thanks! hehe.. haven't bought yet, but looking at secondhand bikes with around 2-3 yrs coe 🙂 some on carousell look quite promising

remember to ask someone who's well versed in some technical aspects to go down and take a look for you as well.. :)

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

On 10/26/2021 at 12:41 AM, coldbrew said:

hello everyone! just thought i'd give an update!!

as of yesterday 25/10, i have officially passed my 2b !! 🥳 i will edit the main post to include some tips that i felt benefitted me during the actual tp test itself!

there were 41 people— 28 passed circuit. After road, there were only 19 of us left (meaning ssdc's passing rate is still below 50% lol, there was one guy who went to the wrong slope so immediate IF...)

i had instructor nizal as the instructor in charge today giving directions on what to do and where to go etc, and he has honestly been a godsend. please do ask him questions if you are unsure about anything

edit: i just realized i can't seem to edit the main post anymore.. i'll just start a new reply..

all the best for your future lessons! remember to enjoy the process, and always ask questions if unsure. when i was at L7, i missed my earlier lessons because they were so much easier and there was still everything to learn about the bike haha

i might do a video on SSDC's lesson structure (similar to one Ash Qasha did on BBDC) once i have a motovlog setup! if you have any questions feel free to just reply this thread, i'm sure a lot of people here will reply!

Congrats @coldbrew on passing yout TP test. I got my TP test on 23rd Nov. Thank You for your tips and looking forward your Motovlog.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, any tips on pract lesson 5 for u-turn and lane changing? Failed my second attempt. Instructor just told me to try the lesson again. Asked him on how to improve but he just told me I’m bad at everything 🤣

anyway, from 1st Dec , ssdc lesson outline and timing will be changed to a new format. 

Just now, sunflower said:

Hi all, any tips on pract lesson 5 for u-turn and lane changing? Failed my second attempt. Instructor just told me to try the lesson again. Asked him on how to improve but he just told me I’m bad at everything 🤣

anyway, from 1st Dec , ssdc lesson outline and timing will be changed to a new format. 

For lane change, i suggest thinking about it as like a 20% tilting to the right /left, so its not so abrupt.

For u turn, may want to try and half clutch it, and what i do is i push my right side of the handlebar down and lean my bodyweight to the left. 

That should do the trick! Youd be surprised how far you can lean the bike and it doesnt fall on you

2 hours ago, sunflower said:

Which instructor ? So bad 1....

3 hours ago, jaj said:

Hope this helps!

Thanks! @jaj really helps a lot!

2 hours ago, Pisces44 said:

Which instructor ? So bad 1....

Not to mention names. But he’s not wrong. If I’m good then I wouldn’t be learning already? 

On 11/29/2021 at 1:11 PM, sunflower said:

when you lane change, they want to see a “long” lane change. they don’t like “short” abrupt lane changes. I drew it out so you can visualise better! remember to speed up a little when lane changing too. 
there are a lot of methods for uturns, gotta see which one is most comfortable to you (practice at slalom/plank area). I personally keep my body mostly upright or leaned to the opposite side I’m turning (body lean left if I’m uturning right) which is basically counter balancing. I also found that it helps when you turn your chin to your shoulder when you’re doing the u turn. watch motojitsu or dandanthefireman’s videos on YouTube!

FE946831-B242-4CB9-A121-870E1338AC42.jpeg

Just released, go check! Btw, if you keen you can join SSDC Motorcycle Learners group on telegram. 

1 hour ago, Azzie said:

Is it just me or there is no practical slot available to book at ssdc? 

Just released, go check! Btw, if you keen you can join SSDC Motorcycle Learners group on telegram. 

Edited by faithfulservant

11 minutes ago, faithfulservant said:

Just released, go check! Btw, if you keen you can join SSDC Motorcycle Learners group on telegram. 

Just released, go check! Btw, if you keen you can join SSDC Motorcycle Learners group on telegram. 

Thank you! Got a slot. Will check out the telegram group. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, 

Previously I wrote that I was stuck at plank and pylon and only cleared it on the 7th attempt at BBDC. I am now stuck at 5.02 and have already spent more than 1K on practical lessons. I booked many RCs and would ask instructor to let me remain at plank and pylon station. I can meet the timing for pylon now but the plank still gives me problem. After going up, my legs would get wobbly and I can't grip the tank properly. I can get it right after a few warm-ups, by looking at HDB block far ahead but later, after going many rounds, I would get tired and legs can't grip the tank anymore. My lousiest timing is 4 seconds if I struggled hard enough not to fall. 

I foresee I might have to spend more than 2-3K eventually. 

Has anyone spent more than 2K to get 2B?

Appreciate some valuable advice thanks. 

Edited by Lowreen

19 minutes ago, Lowreen said:

Hi all, 

Previously I wrote that I was stuck at plank and pylon and only cleared it on the 7th attempt at BBDC. I am now stuck at 5.02 and have already spent more than 1K on practical lessons. I booked many RCs and would ask instructor to let me remain at plank and pylon station. I am ok with pylon now but the plank still gives me problem. After going up, my legs would get wobbly and I can't grip the tank properly. I can get it right after a few warm-ups, by looking at HDB block far ahead but later, after going many rounds, I would get tired and legs can't grip the tank anymore. 

I foresee I might spend more than 2-3K eventually. 

by staying at plank & pylon station you are actually doing the same thing over and over again, and this repetitive action actually causes mental fatigue and leads to muscular fatigue (in this case causing your legs to be unable to grip the tank properly). I would advise to also practise the others stations during your RCs too. maybe allocate 60% of RC time on plank pylon, 40% on other stations. that way u'll be able to focus better and at the same have a more productive session.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lowreen said:

Hi all, 

Previously I wrote that I was stuck at plank and pylon and only cleared it on the 7th attempt at BBDC. I am now stuck at 5.02 and have already spent more than 1K on practical lessons. I booked many RCs and would ask instructor to let me remain at plank and pylon station. I can meet the timing for pylon now but the plank still gives me problem. After going up, my legs would get wobbly and I can't grip the tank properly. I can get it right after a few warm-ups, by looking at HDB block far ahead but later, after going many rounds, I would get tired and legs can't grip the tank anymore. My lousiest timing is 4 seconds if I struggled hard enough not to fall. 

Try to use another method and based on what I can see, I think you grip the tank too hard la.. just close your legs will do.. no need to PURPOSELY must grip the tank. 

The reason for people to say, grip your tank is for you to "balance" easier with your bike.. but I think it's better to ride upwards then brake and balance while you roll over.. & all these done with your eyes looking at the HDB block..so just need to get used to it will do.. :)

1) Grip tank = so that you legs wun cause you to lose balance (actually just close your legs will do)

2) Eye sight look further = predict your next move (DUN LOOK DOWN, cuz it will make you and the bike to "move" towards that direction - same theory as figure 😎

3) Rev up to the plank - roll will not let you go up the plank

4) rear brake = to meet the timings

5) biting point = to prevent engine die from moving too slowly and so that you can continue to "roll"

Always remember, you need to understand the theory.. not blindly follow it.. 

9 hours ago, E.O. said:

by staying at plank & pylon station you are actually doing the same thing over and over again, and this repetitive action actually causes mental fatigue and leads to muscular fatigue (in this case causing your legs to be unable to grip the tank properly). I would advise to also practise the others stations during your RCs too. maybe allocate 60% of RC time on plank pylon, 40% on other stations. that way u'll be able to focus better and at the same have a more productive session.

maybe 80/20? haha.. i think  60/40 = not focus enough? 

But I do agreed on definitely not 100.. whenever you feel extremely fatigue, hop on to other stations.. :) 

I do book 2 more lessons to train on whatever I'm not good.. and maybe go on and enjoy those that I enjoy.. figure 8 and etc and skip those borings definitely can pass one.. but I make it a point to go thru all AT LEAST  1-2 times during my 1 lessons.  *because my surname starts with A - so I might become the first to go on TP.. LOLOL.. I dun wan to to fail because I forget the test route.. LOLOL

Edited by adesmond2

12 hours ago, Lowreen said:

Hi all, 

Hi, 

Yes, I know a friend who spent more than 2k for his 2B license.

For plank, just maintain half clutch and throttle and look ahead, if you feel going too fast, just tap on rear brake lightly.

I'm not sure about you, but cycling sometimes help with your balances. I always try to cycle on top of road side marking and try not to over the line when i was at park. hehehe

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bendyeo said:

Hi, 

Yes, I know a friend who spent more than 2k for his 2B license.

For plank, just maintain half clutch and throttle and look ahead, if you feel going too fast, just tap on rear brake lightly.

I'm not sure about you, but cycling sometimes help with your balances. I always try to cycle on top of road side marking and try not to over the line when i was at park. hehehe

good tips for using cycling as a reference.. 👍

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 4:03 PM, Bendyeo said:

Congrats @coldbrew on passing yout TP test. I got my TP test on 23rd Nov. Thank You for your tips and looking forward your Motovlog.

Just to update here. I failed my TP test on 23rd Nov and i retest on 23 Dec.

on 23rd Nov, I stalled my bike at exit fig8 and dropped plank as well. I gotten 2 immediate failures and 6 demerit points. 

My TP retest was on 23rd Dec. and I passed :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, E.O. said:

i can attest to this! spent almost my whole RC doing fig8. Timing got worse and worse and could barely concentrate. 

Split your time up and do other stations in between as well, @Lowreen! You’ve got this! 
(and, if it makes you feel better, im 100% sure i spent more than 2k haha)

5 hours ago, Bendyeo said:

Just to update here. I failed my TP test on 23rd Nov and i retest on 23 Dec.

on 23rd Nov, I stalled my bike at exit fig8 and dropped plank as well. I gotten 2 immediate failures and 6 demerit points. 

My TP retest was on 23rd Dec. and I passed :)

Congrats!! 🥳 Planning on 2A?

• Like 1

I spend 1.8k on 2B with a one attempt on TP, spent 500 on 2A also one attempt on TP...2B every practical at least 4 attempts, 8.01 at BBDC 2 tries with 9 SP and 1 RC 48hr before TP...both waiting time I give myself one month...

wear a safety shoe during training, and put on a good riding shoe and you feel so light...

going for final Class 2 this June at BBDC again, than I shall commit to get my first bike CB650R...

On 1/2/2022 at 8:01 PM, 鲁蛇不是鲁蛇 said:

I spend 1.8k on 2B with a one attempt on TP, spent 500 on 2A also one attempt on TP...2B every practical at least 4 attempts, 8.01 at BBDC 2 tries with 9 SP and 1 RC 48hr before TP...both waiting time I give myself one month...

wear a safety shoe during training, and put on a good riding shoe and you feel so light...

going for final Class 2 this June at BBDC again, than I shall commit to get my first bike CB650R...

I still cannot pass my 2A lesson 3 at SSDC ...... damn sian.....

19 hours ago, Pisces44 said:

I still cannot pass my 2A lesson 3 at SSDC ...... damn sian.....

can one.. just keep trying/going.. I always hope for the best but prepare for the worse.. 

hope - 1 trip per lesson.

preparation - 3 trip per lesson + 2-3 TP.. :) 

Like this, I wun be sian and disappointed.. So I can keep going.. ;)