SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B AT SSDC 2021

@鲁蛇不是鲁蛇 hahaha now im waiting for a miracle for COE price to drop one time good one. if not then most probably wait till next year get class 2A license then straight away buy 2A bike. just not sure if this is a good option without much prior road experience on a 2B bike

2 hours ago, E.O. said:

@鲁蛇不是鲁蛇 hahaha now im waiting for a miracle for COE price to drop one time good one. if not then most probably wait till next year get class 2A license then straight away buy 2A bike. just not sure if this is a good option without much prior road experience on a 2B bike

COE will never drop back to the old days...2a is a lot easier than 2b...class 2 the most difficult part is putting and lifting the bike and pushing the bike...

I only ridden once a tribecar motorcycle for 2hr joy ride...never owned nor rent for long period...

On 10/13/2021 at 11:40 PM, E.O. said:

sometimes ppl say, 3rd time's a charm ya? i also only cleared my L4 on 3rd try, first try 28 points, second try IF, left foot come down and strike kerb in figure 8 bcos i felt like my front tire was gonna hit the kerb. nevertheless, just stay focused and confident for every station and u'll be fine 🙂 

to avoid problems of vehicles suddenly stopping in front of u, always keep a safe distance. i myself kena once whereby i followed too closely and last minute the car in front put to reverse gear to do parallel parking, the instructor in the car stepped out and f me left right center hahaha.. from then i always rmbr whether it is a bike or car in front of me, always keep a safe following distance. this would be a good habit to instill in yourself, as it'll be even more important for subsequent road lessons. i have seen riders in front of me suddenly e-brake at filter lane turning left, then the rider behind him also jam brake and almost dropped the bike bcos 2nd rider was following too closely.

5-7 days waiting time is damn shiok! i had to wait close to 2 weeks in between each lesson early this yr. all the best for your next lesson! once go on road, the feeling is so damn different😆

Thanks for the great advice! Went for L4 again and managed to avoid such situation. However, I got 28 points without IF.  😅
Hopefully can clear by next lesson!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sunflower said:

Thanks for the great advice! Went for L4 again and managed to avoid such situation. However, I got 28 points without IF.  😅

28 points isnt that bad, bcos IMO the instructors are super strict during L4 and L7. Go for a few more revisions and work on those areas that cost you those points. Someone once said it’s only a matter of time till you get the license, so just persevere on💪

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sunflower said:

28 ? small case lar...

uncle me 30 plus close to 40 also have.

On 8/27/2021 at 10:26 PM, coldbrew said:

hi everyone. writing this as i wait for my second (and hopefully last lol) TP test at ssdc (any general tips or on how to keep nervousness at bay would be gladly appreciated as well)

disclaimer first; this is just my experience and it may differ hugely from yours. i'm sharing this in hopes that it will be someone else's survival guide to push them on.
pls note that slots are also relatively harder to get during this period due to COVID and i suspect it will be like this till mid or end 2022 (at SSDC). with that being said let's get on to my experience at SSDC!

——————

taking my 2b license is honestly probably one of the hardest things in my entire life LOL. i feel like if i took it any younger, i would have given up halfway and it's not common for a lot of people to stop halfway and retake a few years later. as a slower learner, trust me when i say i know how it feels to want to give up and not feel like you're progressing when you've been going for a lot of CRs and trying your best. 

as of 2021, SSDC uses CB190R and MSX125/ Grom for 2b. they also have lowered CB190R bikes which i prefer since it's more stable and i don't have to tiptoe (i'm 161cm for reference). however, i think the msx125 is only available for female riders as i've only ever seen females use them. 

total number of lessons taken (excluding CR and RR):

L1 - 5x (fifth lesson free)
- general riding and moving off/ stopping, gear changing. will go up to 3rd/ 4th gear
- mini circuit and outer circuit

L2 - 4x
- slope, plank, slalom

L3.1 - 5x
- ebrake, fig8, crank course
L3.2 - 1x
- circuit test route 
- (supposed to have pillion riding also but they took it out due to covid)

L4 - 5x
- circuit assessment; accumulate no more than 18 points and 0 IFs

L5 - 5x
- general road riding; not road test route

L6 - 7x 💀
- road test route

L7 - 2x
- final assessment/ mock TP test; accumulate no more than 18 points and 0 IFs

please don't ask me for the total cost. i refuse to count and frankly i don't want to know either 🤡

about my L6: i felt l like i was getting robbed doing this lesson. i feel like i was just unlucky bc 2 or 3 times the instructor refused to pass me just because my u-turn was too wide. on my last try, another girl did it with me and passed (it was her first try) even though we both made mistakes. while you should not make any IFs, keep your mistakes to a minimum as well because they can refuse to pass you just like they did to me. sometimes depends on your instructor also la haha but hopefully no one is as unlucky as i am.

not everyone will have the same experience as you, so take these numbers with a pinch of salt and don't compare. i've met someone who was doing his 8th L4, and some who pass on their first try. i feel like the instructors don't hesitate to make you repeat if you're not up to their standard. 

things i wish i knew before enrolling into ssdc:
1. the long ass waiting time between lessons. depending on what lesson you're at, each lesson is on average 1-3 weeks apart. frequently checking the website for earlier slots people cancel or trysell will help.

2. consider comparing tp dates between different schools. for instance, ssdc's nearest 2b tp test is on 20/09 (as of 27/08); but bbdc's is 02/09. cdc is 28/09. touchwood, but if you fail, you may have to wait longer at cdc or ssdc.

3. YOU CAN ONLY BOOK 1 LESSON AT A TIME. this is similar to bbdc if i am not wrong. cdc allows you to book 2 (same) lessons at once.

4. ssdc is essentially a multi story carpark. there are 5 floors and 2b learners will get to use the 5th, (3rd if your instructor brings you down) and 1st. the 5th floor is where most of your lesson 1-3 will be held. 3rd floor is for days when it's too hot and sunny or rainy. 1st floor is for circuit revisions and assessments. motorcars also share all 3 spaces. 
while i am super grateful for the sheltered circuit when it's very hot or rainy, it can sometimes feel a bit cramped and dark since it's not an open area like bbdc/cdc. but this is just a personal preference!

stuff that i think are helpful:

1.  ask the instructors ANYTHING you are not sure of. even if it seems redundant and stupid, JUST ASK. if you are going for CR, you can ask them to time you or give you tips on how to do certain courses. you can even park your bike and ask the CR instructor in charge if it's a lot of questions.

big big shoutout and thank you to instructor nizal. he helped me with my crank course for over an hour till he was satisfied. i cannot tell you how much asking instructors has helped. instructor gazzali also helped my fig8 go from 12s to just below 11s. just be prepared for him to shout at you to throttle more (although his shouting really does help lol)

2. keep a log of the bikes you use. since you cannot really choose on your TP test itself, it would be handy to have a rough idea of how a certain bike handles. it especially helps if you have short fingers like me and have a hard time reaching biting points that are very far.

3. take a small break from lessons if you need to. i found that taking a 2 week break helped me because i was so burnt out from spamming CRs and trying to get as much as i can done asap. 

4. taking a smaller tag number for L4/L7 (assessments) helps if you're the kind who hates waiting and living in anxiety for your turn because you get to go in front, as the smallest tag goes first.

5. check the website often for lessons- this includes CR and RR. people tend to trysell and cancel their slots last minute.

case in point 1: i had a CR in the afternoon, and i saw someone trying to sell their CR for 6pm that very same day. 

case in point 2: my second L7 was initially 2 weeks after my first. but my friend managed to snag a trysell for the very next day; and i managed to get my second L7 8 days earlier. 

6. and something i wish someone had told me for my assessments and tests: it's normal and ok to be nervous. but be confident in your abilities and your hard work; you will get there!

this is about all! i'm sure i still have some things to add, but i will edit and add those in when i remember. i hope this helps those taking 2b or are thinking of taking 2b at ssdc in one way or another 🙂

Wow! I think we’re both similar in the amount of times we had to redo lessons. The first time i booked CR was only before my prac 7 and tbh i recommend everyone to spam CR and RR if you have time because it really helps alot,kinda sad i only realise this when im at prac 7. Now im doing my prac 7 for the 4th time and all the slots for CR and RR are fully booked which is unfortunate. Imo i feel like lessons nowadays are based on luck interms of which instructor you get, i know some people that had obvious IF’s and still managed to clear their lesson while there are others who did a very minor mistake and had to redo their lesson. Im pretty sure most people in SSDC have experienced this

4 hours ago, Vertuoso said:

Wow! I think we’re both similar in the amount of times we had to redo lessons. The first time i booked CR was only before my prac 7 and tbh i recommend everyone to spam CR and RR if you have time because it really helps alot,kinda sad i only realise this when im at prac 7. Now im doing my prac 7 for the 4th time and all the slots for CR and RR are fully booked which is unfortunate. Imo i feel like lessons nowadays are based on luck interms of which instructor you get, i know some people that had obvious IF’s and still managed to clear their lesson while there are others who did a very minor mistake and had to redo their lesson. Im pretty sure most people in SSDC have experienced this

When is your next Prac 7? 😅😅😅 mine is 28th Oct and it’s my first prac 7. 

Thanks for all the encouragement! Managed to finally clear L4 today with 16 points🙂, also thanks to the girl that told me to change bike cause the bike I initially chose has a far biting point!

The passing rate is super low tho, only 3 out of 15 passed 😰

On 10/19/2021 at 9:48 PM, E.O. said:

28 points isnt that bad, bcos IMO the instructors are super strict during L4 and L7. Go for a few more revisions and work on those areas that cost you those points. Someone once said it’s only a matter of time till you get the license, so just persevere on💪

On 10/20/2021 at 5:41 PM, Pisces44 said:

28 ? small case lar...

uncle me 30 plus close to 40 also have.

• Like 2

Hello! 

I am very new to this 2B @ SSDC, just had my 1st prac 1 yesterday. Thank you so much for everyone who shared in this thread, I found it to be beneficial. I have a few qns to ask.

1) How do I get to see the trysell slots online? For example, I have booked a current slot which is in 1+week time, while waiting I want to see if there are trysell slots available. But with the current 1 slot restriction, I am not able to see it. Does it appear on a specific page? If yes, may I know where is it? 
(sorry if the qn sounds so… but I really have no idea idea how this ‘trysell’ system works)

2) Any tips for prac 2-7? Would really love to hear from people who have been through it, I have a lot to learn! 

Thank you all!

8 minutes ago, faithfulservant said:

Hello! 

I am very new to this 2B @ SSDC, just had my 1st prac 1 yesterday. Thank you so much for everyone who shared in this thread, I found it to be beneficial. I have a few qns to ask.

1) How do I get to see the trysell slots online? For example, I have booked a current slot which is in 1+week time, while waiting I want to see if there are trysell slots available. But with the current 1 slot restriction, I am not able to see it. Does it appear on a specific page? If yes, may I know where is it? 
(sorry if the qn sounds so… but I really have no idea idea how this ‘trysell’ system works)

2) Any tips for prac 2-7? Would really love to hear from people who have been through it, I have a lot to learn! 

Thank you all!

hi, just click on the get earliest date and you can check whether there’s any earlier dates. If an earlier date appear means it’s probably a trysell slot. 

you can try this thread for tips

Hi sunflower,

thank you!! That’s helpful. Appreciate the help. Read that you just cleared L4 today, congrats!! All the best to you for the remaining lessons & eventually TP ! :)

3 minutes ago, sunflower said:

hi, just click on the get earliest date and you can check whether there’s any earlier dates. If an earlier date appear means it’s probably a trysell slot. 

you can try this thread for tips

Hi sunflower,

thank you!! That’s helpful. Appreciate the help. Read that you just cleared L4 today, congrats!! All the best toyou for the remaining lessons & eventually TP !

12 minutes ago, faithfulservant said:

Hello! 

Thank you all!

Hi,

yes, you probably need to click on earliest date. Some members from ssdc has created a telegram group called SSDC Motorcycle Learners. Feel free to join. 

4 minutes ago, faithfulservant said:

Hello! 

Thank you all!

1) in order to see trysell slots, u'll have to cancel your current booked slot, which also means there's a risk of your initial slot getting booked by someone else while you're searching for earlier slots😅 it's like fastest finger first. what i used to do was only do this on a computer/laptop, bcos the clicking and navigation is faster than on handphone. cancel booked slot, check if there's ealier slots, if dont have then quickly rebook the slot i cancelled.

2) yup can refer to the thread shared by @sunflower, and also your training booklet for the contents of each lesson. right now there is no check-back before moving off alrdy, only check left/right, so i feel that reduces wobbling. as your progress further, instructors will also hand you hardcopy notes

16 minutes ago, Bendyeo said:

Hi,

yes, you probably need to click on earliest date. Some members from ssdc has created a telegram group called SSDC Motorcycle Learners. Feel free to join. 

Thank you BendyYeo, appreciate the share! 😊

15 minutes ago, E.O. said:

1) in order to see trysell slots, u'll have to cancel your current booked slot, which also means there's a risk of your initial slot getting booked by someone else while you're searching for earlier slots😅 it's like fastest finger first. what i used to do was only do this on a computer/laptop, bcos the clicking and navigation is faster than on handphone. cancel booked slot, check if there's ealier slots, if dont have then quickly rebook the slot i cancelled.

2) yup can refer to the thread shared by @sunflower, and also your training booklet for the contents of each lesson. right now there is no check-back before moving off alrdy, only check left/right, so i feel that reduces wobbling. as your progress further, instructors will also hand you hardcopy notes

Thank you E.O. for the in-depth explanation about trysell, it is all very clear to me now! And also for the tips, genuinely appreciate it. Thank you again ☺️

• Like 1

@faithfulservant you're most welcomed! just take it step by step, focus on clearing lesson by lesson and fine-tune your techniques. rmbr to grip the tank with your thighs, and keep an upright upper body. i had a hard time correcting my posture (upper body tend to lean forward in figure-8), and it caused me to have a lot of trouble cornering. most imptly have fun! 😁

• Thanks 1

hello everyone! just thought i'd give an update!!

as of yesterday 25/10, i have officially passed my 2b !! 🥳 i will edit the main post to include some tips that i felt benefitted me during the actual tp test itself!

there were 41 people— 28 passed circuit. After road, there were only 19 of us left (meaning ssdc's passing rate is still below 50% lol, there was one guy who went to the wrong slope so immediate IF...)

i had instructor nizal as the instructor in charge today giving directions on what to do and where to go etc, and he has honestly been a godsend. please do ask him questions if you are unsure about anything

edit: i just realized i can't seem to edit the main post anymore.. i'll just start a new reply..

On 10/24/2021 at 11:53 AM, faithfulservant said:

Hello! 

Thank you all!

all the best for your future lessons! remember to enjoy the process, and always ask questions if unsure. when i was at L7, i missed my earlier lessons because they were so much easier and there was still everything to learn about the bike haha

i might do a video on SSDC's lesson structure (similar to one Ash Qasha did on BBDC) once i have a motovlog setup! if you have any questions feel free to just reply this thread, i'm sure a lot of people here will reply!

Edited by coldbrew

tips i felt benefitted me during the actual TP test:

1. be confident, but not overconfident. put your trust in your revisions! i found that stretching my torso and keeping my shoulders back/open and arms up helped make me feel better and more confident. if you're interested, you can search up 'power posing'

2.  when you are doing your courses, e.g. at crank course, don't think about ebrake or the next few courses. focus on the current course

3. don't let fear or nervousness hold you back. if you want to worry, worry after you finish circuit/ road portion. i kept telling myself it would be such a waste if i failed just because i was scared that i would strike kerb or hit the cones WHEN IT MIGHT NOT EVEN HAPPEN. if we can think of worst case scenarios, why can't we think of best case scenarios too?

4. i found that thinking of a comfort character also helped a lot (if you have one) that is.

5. breathing exercises are very helpful 🙂 box method, 478 method, the list goes on. find one that you like

all the best to everyone! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, coldbrew said:

as of yesterday 25/10, i have officially passed my 2b !! 🥳 i will edit the main post to include some tips that i felt benefitted me during the actual tp test itself!

there were 41 people— 28 passed circuit. After road, there were only 19 of us left (meaning ssdc's passing rate is still below 50% lol, there was one guy who went to the wrong slope so immediate IF...)

i had instructor nizal as the instructor in charge today giving directions on what to do and where to go etc, and he has honestly been a godsend. please do ask him questions if you are unsure about anything

edit: i just realized i can't seem to edit the main post anymore.. i'll just start a new reply..

all the best for your future lessons! remember to enjoy the process, and always ask questions if unsure. when i was at L7, i missed my earlier lessons because they were so much easier and there was still everything to learn about the bike haha

i might do a video on SSDC's lesson structure (similar to one Ash Qasha did on BBDC) once i have a motovlog setup! if you have any questions feel free to just reply this thread, i'm sure a lot of people here will reply!

Congrats @coldbrew, really happy for you! Looking forward to your motorvlog.

8 hours ago, coldbrew said:

Congrats! Time to go bike shopping!!! :) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, coldbrew said:

awesome!! go go.. get yourself a new bike.. if got bike but no bike kakis.. there's a telegram group somewhere.. let me search for you...

here you go.. :)

https://t.me/joinchat/UgRYW_LGhxliNzZl

Edited by adesmond2

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

8 hours ago, sunflower said:

Congrats @coldbrew, really happy for you! Looking forward to your motorvlog.

and yours will come soon!

30 minutes ago, Issac said:

Congrats! Time to go bike shopping!!! :) 

thank you!! hehe. more like window shopping 😂🥲

19 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

awesome!! go go.. get yourself a new bike.. if got bike but no bike kakis.. there's a telegram group somewhere.. let me search for you...

here you go.. :)

https://t.me/joinchat/UgRYW_LGhxliNzZl

thank you..! will join 🙂