A small female rider's class 2B

elleee

16 minutes ago, JJcool said:

I use the MSX too but have failed the past 2 TP tests because I’m too slow on the S and Crank course :(. While easier to handle, I can’t seem to pick up speed as much as the 190s. Any tips?

dun clutch in/brake for the entire S course.. should pass de.. haha.. just go with the flow and as pink sheep mentioned below.. naturally will pass.. if brake too much.. then will be abit hard..

3 minutes ago, pinksheep said:

Lol the little bike is not slow leh. Out on the street I usually outrun cars easily on my auto scooter but a girl on a MSX was much faster because machine and rider probably half the weight. 

To do fast acceleration on small bikes, got to rev the engine much higher then release clutch. Used to do it all the time back in the 2 stroke days, power up to 5 to 6000rpm then release, enjoy the surge of acceleration. 

It can sound frightening to do on driving school environment if you're not used to the noise and vibration so I recommend ask the instructor demo first. Then notice what RPM he launch the bike at and how he use eyepoint and correct lean to maintain speed all the way. MSX should have the advantage in handling due to light weight. 

There is no magic solution to speed in the turns so I suggest concentrate on doing the turns correctly then practise makes perfect. Each time you try you go faster and faster. Don't rush or force the bike because rushing eventually lead to accident happen, naturally will get the tricks right. 

Even for racing drivers they keep driving the same course many times in order to get their winning lap times. 

20 years ago the little bike at BBDC was an antique Honda Cub, maybe 70 or 100cc only. The instructor used it to do figure 8 scraping the exhaust pipe and foot pegs all the way 😂 faster than any of our CB125. 

👍

and some small bikes is even faster then 2A... LOL.. I kanna cut by kup kia all the way lor... I think if I meet you, you also cut me.. all the max series.. is max throttle.. LOLOLOL

• Thanks 1

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

HI EVERYONE 😃 I haven't been updating beause I've been reeaaaaallll busy! In general and in my 2B journey 😋 Here's my progress :)

Fifth lesson (2.01): 2 March, Wednesday             Failed

Today was slope, left turn and blindspot! Wah damn scary leh, first time IN the circuit with traffic and all, and it was raining! Super suay, everything was super rushing and distracting. I felt so kanchiong bc rain then instructor also teach very rushing so at this point I just let it be and knew I need another lesson to properly learn and understand. My left turn was a DISASTER HAHAHAHAH everytime always wide turn already turn to the lane beside me 🤣 

Sixth lesson (2.01): 16 March, Wednesday             Passed

Retry again for the second time. Much much more comfier with today's practical, maybe because I already got a glimpse of what it'll be in the previous try. Also managed to get a super nice instructor that made learning the slope and all super fun and less scary! He was super good at teaching and encouraging me, so all the more I felt the drive to do better. My left turn was a pass, slope with flying colours too! I am still a little scared of being in the circuit (with traffic), but I know I will get used to it.

Seventh lesson (2.02): 18 March, Friday             Passed

Lane changeeeeee was smooth and fun. It went by pretty fast and I managed to grasp it quickly. Just need to anticipate the road traffic infront better so I can lane change smoother. 

Eighth lesson (3.01): 23 March, Wednesday             Failed

OMG plank & slalom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn scary lah what the heck hahahahaha. Kept dropping off the plank and hitting the cones in pylon. Everyone had this issue, but got better in the later half of the lesson especially in plank. Pylon however, not so much 🤣 I hit the cones and it TOPPLED AND THEN I FELLED HAHHAHAHAHA. So embarrassing but it's ok idc I just kept on moving. I really struggled for pylon, I was really scared of leaning and manouvering too much and then I fall (which i did 🙂) but yeah, didn't pass today's lesson. On to the next!

Ninth lesson (3.01): 28 March, Monday             Passed

ANOTHER TIME LETS GO. Took all the pointers from before and tried my best to apply and be brave especially in pylon. Went rounds and rounds and rounds and I finally did it! I actually already managed to go through pylon a few times (without falling) but didn't clock in the required timing. Today's instructor was also very encouraging and super nice, maybe that's why I felt more confident and today's practical. I was the only one who passed today's prac hehe 😋

Tenth lesson (3.02): 31 March, Thursday             Passed

We're learning E-brake today. Kinda anxious because of the speed and the wet braking area but actually turned out okay. I just kept telling myself to breathe and go with the flow. I was fortunate to not fall while braking hard. It took me a few tries to get the hang of proper moving off, I kept letting go of the front brake 🤧 But all in all, I passed and kinda proud of myself for being able to go through this prac!

Eleventh lesson (4.01): 4 April, Monday             Passed

oh my god another scary lesson!!! Especially the turning and manouvering which is similar like pylon. I thought to myself, ah confirm die one but again, just pushed myself through it and wow, it wasn't that bad. Idky but I was more confident and more brave in the s-course, especially in the leaning and turning as compared to my first time going through pylon. However, I kept facing the issue of not gaining enough speed before entering the course and didn't managed to kick up to gear 2. Wah super annoying and already almost give up. But I just kept going and luckily things became much smoother nearing the end of the lesson and hence I managed to pass! 🤗

Twelfth lesson (4.02): 10 April, Sunday             Passed

I'm finally at circuit review!!!! So fast meh??? Took me around 1.5mths from when I started again until now and I'm very proud of myself. I think everything went okay for me. I just need to improve and be more confident in pylon and s-course so that I can be more consistent in hitting the required timing. Next!

Thirteenth lesson (5.01): 13 April, Wednesday             Passed

Another lesson I'm super afraid of (pillion!!!!!!!!!!). Oh god when I tried it I just want it to end quickly. I'm so anxious for today's prac because i'm legit SO SMALLLLLL then anyone I pillion will confirm be heavier than me, and it'll be hard for me to control. And yes it was. Super tough leh what the. Everytime I slow down on the MSX (with my pillion) my bike starts to wobble like crazy and I shake my handlebar trying to balance 😖 Times like these I wish I had longer legs or maybe average height hahahahah and not small so it'll be a bit easier for me. Still a good experience tho! U-turn and test route was also okay. I can't believe I'm getting closer and closer!

On 3/17/2022 at 6:31 AM, adesmond2 said:

ya lor... back in the days... one hour miss the post, becomes hundreds of post after your last post.. nowadays forums kakis all move to fb/ig/tiktok and etc.. LOL..

Wahhh last time so active ah this forum? Now like very dead :(

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, elleee said:

HI EVERYONE 😃 I haven't been updating beause I've been reeaaaaallll busy! In general and in my 2B journey 😋 Here's my progress :)

Today was slope, left turn and blindspot! Wah damn scary leh, first time IN the circuit with traffic and all, and it was raining! Super suay, everything was super rushing and distracting. I felt so kanchiong bc rain then instructor also teach very rushing so at this point I just let it be and knew I need another lesson to properly learn and understand. My left turn was a DISASTER HAHAHAHAH everytime always wide turn already turn to the lane beside me 🤣 

Retry again for the second time. Much much more comfier with today's practical, maybe because I already got a glimpse of what it'll be in the previous try. Also managed to get a super nice instructor that made learning the slope and all super fun and less scary! He was super good at teaching and encouraging me, so all the more I felt the drive to do better. My left turn was a pass, slope with flying colours too! I am still a little scared of being in the circuit (with traffic), but I know I will get used to it.

Lane changeeeeee was smooth and fun. It went by pretty fast and I managed to grasp it quickly. Just need to anticipate the road traffic infront better so I can lane change smoother. 

OMG plank & slalom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn scary lah what the heck hahahahaha. Kept dropping off the plank and hitting the cones in pylon. Everyone had this issue, but got better in the later half of the lesson especially in plank. Pylon however, not so much 🤣 I hit the cones and it TOPPLED AND THEN I FELLED HAHHAHAHAHA. So embarrassing but it's ok idc I just kept on moving. I really struggled for pylon, I was really scared of leaning and manouvering too much and then I fall (which i did 🙂) but yeah, didn't pass today's lesson. On to the next!

ANOTHER TIME LETS GO. Took all the pointers from before and tried my best to apply and be brave especially in pylon. Went rounds and rounds and rounds and I finally did it! I actually already managed to go through pylon a few times (without falling) but didn't clock in the required timing. Today's instructor was also very encouraging and super nice, maybe that's why I felt more confident and today's practical. I was the only one who passed today's prac hehe 😋

We're learning E-brake today. Kinda anxious because of the speed and the wet braking area but actually turned out okay. I just kept telling myself to breathe and go with the flow. I was fortunate to not fall while braking hard. It took me a few tries to get the hang of proper moving off, I kept letting go of the front brake 🤧 But all in all, I passed and kinda proud of myself for being able to go through this prac!

oh my god another scary lesson!!! Especially the turning and manouvering which is similar like pylon. I thought to myself, ah confirm die one but again, just pushed myself through it and wow, it wasn't that bad. Idky but I was more confident and more brave in the s-course, especially in the leaning and turning as compared to my first time going through pylon. However, I kept facing the issue of not gaining enough speed before entering the course and didn't managed to kick up to gear 2. Wah super annoying and already almost give up. But I just kept going and luckily things became much smoother nearing the end of the lesson and hence I managed to pass! 🤗

I'm finally at circuit review!!!! So fast meh??? Took me around 1.5mths from when I started again until now and I'm very proud of myself. I think everything went okay for me. I just need to improve and be more confident in pylon and s-course so that I can be more consistent in hitting the required timing. Next!

Another lesson I'm super afraid of (pillion!!!!!!!!!!). Oh god when I tried it I just want it to end quickly. I'm so anxious for today's prac because i'm legit SO SMALLLLLL then anyone I pillion will confirm be heavier than me, and it'll be hard for me to control. And yes it was. Super tough leh what the. Everytime I slow down on the MSX (with my pillion) my bike starts to wobble like crazy and I shake my handlebar trying to balance 😖 Times like these I wish I had longer legs or maybe average height hahahahah and not small so it'll be a bit easier for me. Still a good experience tho! U-turn and test route was also okay. I can't believe I'm getting closer and closer!

Wahhh last time so active ah this forum? Now like very dead :(

ok la.. I'm here to boost it alive whenever I'm available.. hahahahaha...

plank & slalom/figure 8 - honestly.. one of the most fun one.. hahahaha.. 

Ohhhh.. now got pillion??!! LOL.. back in the days.. no pillion lesson one hor.. haha... got license just go out and pillion already.. LOL & no expressway after license pass also.. so my first expressway was 50km/h. on the left with all the truck pass by me.. LOL

so when's your TP? 😏

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

1 hour ago, elleee said:

ohh~ finally got updates :D think you might have mixed up some of the lessons cos lesson 2 should be doing slope / pylon / slalom together and lesson 3 is s / crank / e brake together no? lesson 4 is getting familiar with the test route and lesson 5 is the circuit evaluation already or was there any changes recently?

i have had troubles on the plank when i just started.... out of 10 tries i probably only manage to pass like 2 times even thou i was using the MSX too. 

oddly i don't have pillion lesson and i passed lesson 4 in March.. i think i have to pillion someone i might as well drop out cos i dun think i ever gonna pass de.. ._. 

just curious, which MSX bike do you normally take?

6 hours ago, JJcool said:

I use the MSX too but have failed the past 2 TP tests because I’m too slow on the S and Crank course :(. While easier to handle, I can’t seem to pick up speed as much as the 190s. Any tips?

i think the speed for MSX is okay leh. so far nv gave me problem on the S n crank course.. able to keep up during road lessons too.. i usually throttle more to gain speed before i entering the course since the timing only starts when u touch the line.. then just keep the throttle open n maintain the speed through the whole course should be fine

Edited by Nakuru

1 hour ago, adesmond2 said:

ok la.. I'm here to boost it alive whenever I'm available.. hahahahaha...

plank & slalom/figure 8 - honestly.. one of the most fun one.. hahahaha.. 

Ohhhh.. now got pillion??!! LOL.. back in the days.. no pillion lesson one hor.. haha... got license just go out and pillion already.. LOL & no expressway after license pass also.. so my first expressway was 50km/h. on the left with all the truck pass by me.. LOL

so when's your TP? 😏

i agree! slalom n s-course super fun but usually need more confidence hahaha to manouver thru.

yes now got pillion riding!! i heard already have then since there's covid they took it down, but then for mine i guess can have pillion riding again already. not scared ahhh pillion someone without any exposure? i tried during prac then like cmi sia 🥲 maybe need more practise once i've already passed.

TP????????????????? HOPEFULLY SOON HAHAHAHAH havent even go road yet 🤧

23 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

ohh~ finally got updates :D think you might have mixed up some of the lessons cos lesson 2 should be doing slope / pylon / slalom together and lesson 3 is s / crank / e brake together no? lesson 4 is getting familiar with the test route and lesson 5 is the circuit evaluation already or was there any changes recently?

i have had troubles on the plank when i just started.... out of 10 tries i probably only manage to pass like 2 times even thou i was using the MSX too. 

oddly i don't have pillion lesson and i passed lesson 4 in March.. i think i have to pillion someone i might as well drop out cos i dun think i ever gonna pass de.. ._. 

just curious, which MSX bike do you normally take?

i think the speed for MSX is okay leh. so far nv gave me problem on the S n crank course.. able to keep up during road lessons too.. i usually throttle more to gain speed before i entering the course since the timing only starts when u touch the line.. then just keep the throttle open n maintain the speed through the whole course should be fine

ahhhh i think u took from ssdc right? im taking at bbdc! they break it down likewise, so it's easier for beginners to understand and apply one step at a time 😊 

ssdc no pillion? maybe only bbdc have for now i guess.. no no the pillion riding during the prac is just for experience & exposure! it's not a criteria to pass the practical. but once u already pass and want to pillion someone, yeah that's another scary story 🤣 

we only have msx 125 at bbdc :) wbu?

6 minutes ago, elleee said:

ahhhh i think u took from ssdc right? im taking at bbdc! they break it down likewise, so it's easier for beginners to understand and apply one step at a time 😊 

ssdc no pillion? maybe only bbdc have for now i guess.. no no the pillion riding during the prac is just for experience & exposure! it's not a criteria to pass the practical. but once u already pass and want to pillion someone, yeah that's another scary story 🤣 

we only have msx 125 at bbdc :) wbu?

ohhhhhh yea.. im currently at SSDC.. theres only 2 MSX here and need to kiasu n book it whenever they release lesson slots.. wah thats nice.. SSDC jam every circuit course in lesson 2 & 3.. then 4th familiarise test route and 5th is circuit test.. 

i dont think i will ever pillion anyone.. hahahaha i already keep falling n dropping the bike already.. cannot imagine i have to take care of 1 more life behind mi 🤣

4 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

ohhhhhh yea.. im currently at SSDC.. theres only 2 MSX here and need to kiasu n book it whenever they release lesson slots.. wah thats nice.. SSDC jam every circuit course in lesson 2 & 3.. then 4th familiarise test route and 5th is circuit test.. 

i dont think i will ever pillion anyone.. hahahaha i already keep falling n dropping the bike already.. cannot imagine i have to take care of 1 more life behind mi 🤣

huhhhh only 2??!!!! here i think got 4-6 i think.. but then still need to fight for slots too 😖 which prac are you at now?

HAHAHAH IKR I FEEL THE SAME TOO. but maybe one day i will, once i'm more comfortable and confident with riding 🤗

4 minutes ago, elleee said:

huhhhh only 2??!!!! here i think got 4-6 i think.. but then still need to fight for slots too 😖 which prac are you at now?

HAHAHAH IKR I FEEL THE SAME TOO. but maybe one day i will, once i'm more comfortable and confident with riding 🤗

ya theres only 2 at SSDC.. calling the hotline can be quite annoying also but i think recently they are trying to improve on their service so nowadays they pick up within 10 tries. im at lesson 7.. just managed to pass lesson 6 (1st road lesson) yesterday after 4 tries.. omg.. i dun even have so much issues with the circuit.. 

12 hours ago, elleee said:

i agree! slalom n s-course super fun but usually need more confidence hahaha to manouver thru.

yes now got pillion riding!! i heard already have then since there's covid they took it down, but then for mine i guess can have pillion riding again already. not scared ahhh pillion someone without any exposure? i tried during prac then like cmi sia 🥲 maybe need more practise once i've already passed.

TP????????????????? HOPEFULLY SOON HAHAHAHAH havent even go road yet 🤧

For pillion, no ba.. just up and go lor.. it's the pillion that feels scary.. haha.. Up to date, I pillion less then 10 guys.. Only 1 makes me scare during my P plate days.. haha.. Cuz I can feel he's controlling my bike during corners instead of myself.. (so no more pillion guys) 😂 For pillion females, I just "overwrite" their dun wan to corner with pure strength.. LOL... 

Road = Road sense - Only can or cannot, no maybe de.. just make sure to use your theory lessons on the road will do.. 

12 hours ago, Nakuru said:

ya theres only 2 at SSDC.. calling the hotline can be quite annoying also but i think recently they are trying to improve on their service so nowadays they pick up within 10 tries. im at lesson 7.. just managed to pass lesson 6 (1st road lesson) yesterday after 4 tries.. omg.. i dun even have so much issues with the circuit.. 

10 tries.... they selectively pick up calls ah.. 😅

12 hours ago, elleee said:

No choice ba.. Bike less is like this one.. CL2A and CL2 also abit of bikes only...

But again.. now you 2 gals can pm each other and get support from one and other.. ;) 

Just remember to update here on your lessons.. ;)

1 hour ago, adesmond2 said:

10 tries.... they selectively pick up calls ah.. 😅

No la.. they cant pick up when they r in another call ma

Edited by Nakuru

15 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

No la.. they cant pick up when they r in another call ma

LOL.. I know la.. but cannot book online? need to call in ah?

32 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

LOL.. I know la.. but cannot book online? need to call in ah?

no online... the msx booking at SSDC is very manual de.. u have to book lesson online then u call in to check got MSX or not. if yes, they write it down on their paper record. if no, then need to check with them when else got lesson + bike available.. now they implement the 18 cancellation count like CDC.. even harder to book le lor...... 

Pillions:

Its useful to give them a mini safety briefing as to your preferences, especially large pillion should not lean into or against turns, no fidgeting or sudden motions when stopped or low speed.

If want to request maneuvers, tap my left or right shoulder to signal where to turn lol, I can't hear anyone with the noise of engine, tyres, traffic. 

For ladies, best to avoid putting head over riders shoulder as it can cause distraction or block rearward vision. Can lean on box or hold the grab rails better to maintain respectful distance. Else same as above no sudden motions. 

• Like 2

no online... the msx booking at SSDC is very manual de.. u have to book lesson online then u call in to check got MSX or not. if yes, they write it down on their paper record. if no, then need to check with them when else got lesson + bike available.. now they implement the 18 cancellation count like CDC.. even harder to book le lor...... 

waaa... icic.. maybe next time you can consider this.. finish one lesson, walk in counter and book MSX? will that be faster/easier? rather then waiting on the phone.. quite ...... 😂

10 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

waaa... icic.. maybe next time you can consider this.. finish one lesson, walk in counter and book MSX? will that be faster/easier? rather then waiting on the phone.. quite ...... 😂

i usually take evening classes cos i rush down from work.. by the time i end lesson the counter oso closed. even if i took afternoon lesson, queuing at the counter would take about an hour or so too.. 😂 i find is less helpful the CS at the counter than those who handles the calls too so no choice i just have to wait on the line lor.. hahaha.. 

oh my, how come ssdc msx so troublesome one???? for mine at bbdc it’s the same as the rest just book online, eventho lesser slots but much easier than ssdc. idk how u can tahan until prac 7 already 😳 but it’s okay!!! just a few more times of doing this and then you’ll be freeeeeee 🤗

11 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

waaaaa  🤯 1 hour.. nvm ba.. with 1 hour, can reach home already..  

😅 no choice liaoz lor.. 

26 minutes ago, pinksheep said:

Pillions:

Its useful to give them a mini safety briefing as to your preferences, especially large pillion should not lean into or against turns, no fidgeting or sudden motions when stopped or low speed.

If want to request maneuvers, tap my left or right shoulder to signal where to turn lol, I can't hear anyone with the noise of engine, tyres, traffic. 

For ladies, best to avoid putting head over riders shoulder as it can cause distraction or block rearward vision. Can lean on box or hold the grab rails better to maintain respectful distance. Else same as above no sudden motions. 

yeah.. I also tell them to follow me to corner.. but if they are riders themselves.. you know la.. they corner more then me.. LOL.. if they are first timers on bike, they will go against me.. 😂

no need to put head over shoulder unless sport bikes R6/R1 similar.. Dun lean on box.. I seen videos or heard stories that the box and the pillion fall off together.. ☹️

5 minutes ago, elleee said:

oh my, how come ssdc msx so troublesome one???? for mine at bbdc it’s the same as the rest just book online, eventho lesser slots but much easier than ssdc. idk how u can tahan until prac 7 already 😳 but it’s okay!!! just a few more times of doing this and then you’ll be freeeeeee 🤗

waaaa.. yours sounded alot easier.. 🤩

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, elleee said:

i think maybe cos they nv bring in enough MSX to implement the booking.. so it became extra work for both students and the CS.. hahaha.. ok la.. fortunately i noe when they release the lesson slots so i just camp and book my lesson then faster call in n chope the bike liao.. the worst thing is unlike CDC, SSDC can only book 1 lesson slot at any 1 time. so if u have already reserve / book a lesson, u cannot even see the schedule to change the slot. not like it matters to me since the bike is usually not available if i call in late.. haha 

58 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

waaaaa  🤯 1 hour.. nvm ba.. with 1 hour, can reach home already..  

😅 no choice liaoz lor.. 

ya.. i juz put ear piece then juz keep pressing the dial button on the phone lor.. let it keep ringing till someone picks up.. i also envy tt elleee can book so much easier

12 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

i think maybe cos they nv bring in enough MSX to implement the booking.. so it became extra work for both students and the CS.. hahaha.. ok la.. fortunately i noe when they release the lesson slots so i just camp and book my lesson then faster call in n chope the bike liao.. the worst thing is unlike CDC, SSDC can only book 1 lesson slot at any 1 time. so if u have already reserve / book a lesson, u cannot even see the schedule to change the slot. not like it matters to me since the bike is usually not available if i call in late.. haha 

ya.. i juz put ear piece then juz keep pressing the dial button on the phone lor.. let it keep ringing till someone picks up.. i also envy tt elleee can book so much easier

lol.. ok la.. something to do while you otw home.. 😛

got start to look at 2B bikes? Or just getting the license only?

2 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

lol.. ok la.. something to do while you otw home.. 😛

got start to look at 2B bikes? Or just getting the license only?

CS hotline close at 530pm i think.. so i cant do otw home oso 😂 it was a pain la but eventually noe the pattern then easier already. 

i...... already bought a bike so its now sitting there like a white elephant 🤫

• Haha 1

CS hotline close at 530pm i think.. so i cant do otw home oso 😂 it was a pain la but eventually noe the pattern then easier already. 

woooo.. nice nice.. what you brought? got go and start at least once a week or not? 😏

5 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

WAHHH WHAT BIKE DID U GET!!!!

i'm still looking around... lesser options for me bc i rly am quite small so 🙄 hahahah any small bikes recommendation?? or maybe not small bikes but smtg i can reach i guess HAHA, i'm eyeing on cb150r thoo. idk if i can reach but ill go down and try one day (praying that i can reach 🙏

10 minutes ago, elleee said:

i'm still looking around... lesser options for me bc i rly am quite small so 🙄 hahahah any small bikes recommendation?? or maybe not small bikes but smtg i can reach i guess HAHA, i'm eyeing on cb150r thoo. idk if i can reach but ill go down and try one day (praying that i can reach 🙏

XSSR155.. I see alot of petite ladies getting this bike.. 😛

Courtesy photo of XSR. Wear leather jacket and look like Cafe racer 😊👌

Other fun choice include the classic vespa or Lambretta scooter, buy one in mid tone to dark color and dress the same color as the bike, have seen some badass girls do that. 

IMG_20220211_104929.jpg

• Like 3