SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

A small female rider's class 2B

elleee

Just now, pinksheep said:

Courtesy photo of XSR. Wear leather jacket and look like Cafe racer 😊👌

Other fun choice include the classic vespa or Lambretta scooter, buy one in mid tone to dark color and dress the same color as the bike, have seen some badass girls do that. 

IMG_20220211_104929.jpg

ahhh yes!! this was the first bike that i planned on getting, but then i searched the seat height n 🥲 im like 1.5 only leh, do you think can? 😭 or should i still just try to go down and try? 

Yes please feel free to visit a nearby moto shop and test sit, you never know which you will find comfortable. 

I think scooter of all types definitely can, it's easily accessible for ladies cos can sit with feet together and easy to hop on and off. If don't like the dainty looks of a classic vespa go for something more motorcycle like. Maybe try my kind of bike (nmax, Aerox) cos it has "motorcycle" feel of stable handling but the seat height is short, bike is light and designed to be quite durable and accessible. 

CBR150r is also small but not practical, need to lean forward all the time since it was designed for sport riding position. 

If we go even smaller it will be kapchai class, like Yamaha Sniper, Spark, etc. To us it's like bicycle size haha. But very very high performance due to the light weight. 

Edited by pinksheep
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, elleee said:

ahhh yes!! this was the first bike that i planned on getting, but then i searched the seat height n 🥲 im like 1.5 only leh, do you think can? 😭 or should i still just try to go down and try? 

can go and try ba.. should be alright.. ;)

• Thanks 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

46 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

woooo.. nice nice.. what you brought? got go and start at least once a week or not? 😏

45 minutes ago, elleee said:

WAHHH WHAT BIKE DID U GET!!!!

Weak n short me bought a 2nd hand MSX.. hahaha the previous owner done it up nicely with a legal yoshimura pipe somemore.. vroom vroom very nice sound 😆 once in a while i will go start engine let it idle then throttle to hear the vroom vroom b4 i off engine.. hahahaha

23 minutes ago, elleee said:

Just go try.. can check with the bike shop whether they can lower the seat by cutting the sponge or lower the suspension for u de.. 

1 hour ago, Nakuru said:

Weak n short me bought a 2nd hand MSX.. hahaha the previous owner done it up nicely with a legal yoshimura pipe somemore.. vroom vroom very nice sound 😆 once in a while i will go start engine let it idle then throttle to hear the vroom vroom b4 i off engine.. hahahaha

Just go try.. can check with the bike shop whether they can lower the seat by cutting the sponge or lower the suspension for u de.. 

hahaha... Yoshi pipe somemore.. nice nice.. MSX smaller then XSR? Let me google it up...

Ahhhh 125cc... will be underpowered at expressway if going above 85... top speed about 100 (with wear and tear)

Remember this

1) Be careful when you hit the expressway.. avoid trucks at all cost.. the truck "cut wind" can blow you off the road if they are speeding at 90-110 (in Malaysia highway). (due to light weight of vehicles/ add in more heavy accessories if you are aright) (crash bar/heavy balancer/box and etc etc)

2) divide the weight equally while riding.. so that your front will not be too light.. lean down if possible on expressway.. to stabilise the front if you going fast.. if slow, stay centre lane.

3) Try not to overtake or be overtake by trucks bus those huge vehicles at expressway)

2 hours ago, elleee said:

oh yea.. Nakuru reminded me.. XSR have a lowered suspension link that you can installed, then it will be lowered, cost less then $100.. check with the bike shops.. :) 

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

38 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

hahaha... Yoshi pipe somemore.. nice nice.. MSX smaller then XSR? Let me google it up...

Ahhhh 125cc... will be underpowered at expressway if going above 85... top speed about 100 (with wear and tear)

Remember this

1) Be careful when you hit the expressway.. avoid trucks at all cost.. the truck "cut wind" can blow you off the road if they are speeding at 90-110 (in Malaysia highway). (due to light weight of vehicles/ add in more heavy accessories if you are aright) (crash bar/heavy balancer/box and etc etc)

2) divide the weight equally while riding.. so that your front will not be too light.. lean down if possible on expressway.. to stabilise the front if you going fast.. if slow, stay centre lane.

3) Try not to overtake or be overtake by trucks bus those huge vehicles at expressway)

No choice leh.. i dun dare to get a bigger bike else im actually into kawasaki ninja.. anyway its probably gonna be like a weekend play toy or the most once in a while will ride to work if weather permits.. not gonna be my main source of transport la.. initially wanted to get a supercub but nv see any with a good price.. hahaha 

If occasional use try to ride the bike at least around the neighborhood for at least half hour each week, this keeps the engine lubricated and battery in good condition. Can also go for some Makan outing or backroads exploring to pass the time. 

Idle start and stop actually doesn't exercise the machine much cos only the engine moving, need to put load on the engine, clutch, transmission, all the moving parts, chain and sprocket got to take care, @adesmond2might be able to recommend a proper chain lube and cleaning interval. 

For 2b the upkeep is not much of an issue, once a month ride also will be fine, but next time owning bigger bikes especially multi cylinder machines if don't exercise often (or ride too slowly lol) will have engine problem from lack of lubrication and high enough operating temperature. 

Edited by pinksheep

2 minutes ago, pinksheep said:

If occasional use try to ride the bike at least around the neighborhood for at least half hour each week, this keeps the engine lubricated and battery in good condition. Can also go for some Makan outing or backroads exploring to pass the time. 

Idle start and stop actually doesn't exercise the machine much cos only the engine moving, need to put load on the engine, clutch, transmission, all the moving parts, chain and sprocket got to take care, @adesmond2might be able to recommend a proper chain lube and cleaning interval. 

For 2b the upkeep is not much of an issue, once a month ride also will be fine, but next time owning bigger bikes especially multi cylinder machines if don't exercise often (or ride too slowly lol) will have engine problem from lack of lubrication and high enough operating temperature. 

i dun dare to ride w/o license ma... later kena caught then jialat liao.. hahaha i doubt i will go bigger la.. if i can even get 2a i happy liao sia.. but i think unless i train in gym else i think impossible 😂

49 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

No choice leh.. i dun dare to get a bigger bike else im actually into kawasaki ninja.. anyway its probably gonna be like a weekend play toy or the most once in a while will ride to work if weather permits.. not gonna be my main source of transport la.. initially wanted to get a supercub but nv see any with a good price.. hahaha 

KR150? 😏

or 400 ninja? LOL..

Ahhh.. so you driving most of the time la.. riding as 2nd options?

17 minutes ago, pinksheep said:

agreed.. especially for 4 stroke bikes.. electric start might become a issue if you dun ride often..

agreed.. need to ride for all the parts to move.. a good 10-20 min on the expressway will do the trick.. that's what I do weekly for my bike during the covid period when I'm not going anywhere..

Chain wise - need to lube every month or after any major rain.. every bike got a trick to lube.. 2A and above.. need support from tools or people.. unless got main stand.

13 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

i dun dare to ride w/o license ma... later kena caught then jialat liao.. hahaha i doubt i will go bigger la.. if i can even get 2a i happy liao sia.. but i think unless i train in gym else i think impossible 😂

yeah.. that's why just start engine once a week first ba.. at least when pass TP.. bike can start.. 😛 

if bike cannot start = need to recharge the battery but battery can only charge max 5 times like this.. I realised the more you charge, the more it doesn't hold the charges anymore.. 

1 minute ago, adesmond2 said:

KR150? 😏

or 400 ninja? LOL..

Ahhh.. so you driving most of the time la.. riding as 2nd options?

of cos is 150 la..... how to 400 sia lolol 

hahaha ya lor.. tts y keep failing lesson 6 cos driver's habit :x 

the battery engine so far so gd... fingers crossed. hoping to at least pass my 2b by june.. provided i dun keep repeating lesson 7 like how i repeat for lesson 6 🤣

Paiseh didn't mean to encourage taking the bike out without license lol. If bought under another name was assuming the main rider can keep the bike in running order first.

Thought to share maintenance tip for the future just in case. 

I haven't actually tried 2A yet lol despite having 2B for decades.. I actually scared unable to pick the bike up or can't balance in the bumpy course which is standing up. Maybe need to test sit for encouragement haha 

23 minutes ago, pinksheep said:

Paiseh didn't mean to encourage taking the bike out without license lol. If bought under another name was assuming the main rider can keep the bike in running order first.

Thought to share maintenance tip for the future just in case. 

I haven't actually tried 2A yet lol despite having 2B for decades.. I actually scared unable to pick the bike up or can't balance in the bumpy course which is standing up. Maybe need to test sit for encouragement haha 

hahaha.. same same.. I owned my 2B for 13-15 years.. can't remember how long,.. KR150.. LOL.. just scrap beginning of this year only.. no choice.. government say no more 2T bikes on the road.. the rest going off to scrap yard by 20xx.. can't recall..

26 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

of cos is 150 la..... how to 400 sia lolol 

hahaha ya lor.. tts y keep failing lesson 6 cos driver's habit :x 

the battery engine so far so gd... fingers crossed. hoping to at least pass my 2b by june.. provided i dun keep repeating lesson 7 like how i repeat for lesson 6 🤣

LOL.. ok la.. if you ever going to buy that bike KR150.. I can identify all problems for you.. haha.. owned that bike for so many years... 😛

can one la.. will pass... hope to meet you all up soon.. ;)

16 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

LOL.. ok la.. if you ever going to buy that bike KR150.. I can identify all problems for you.. haha.. owned that bike for so many years... 😛

can one la.. will pass... hope to meet you all up soon.. ;)

no la i dun think i can la.. if u haven scrap ur bike then maybe i can test.. since drop liao spoil le can scrap liao :x but i probably cannot handle the weight n height.. dun dare to risk.. 

11 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

no la i dun think i can la.. if u haven scrap ur bike then maybe i can test.. since drop liao spoil le can scrap liao :x but i probably cannot handle the weight n height.. dun dare to risk.. 

😂 it's like my wife.. so cannot drop.. LOL...  

nvm la,, already have a MSX.. ;) 

13 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

😂 it's like my wife.. so cannot drop.. LOL...  

nvm la,, already have a MSX.. ;) 

hahaha but u were planning to scrap le ma 😂😂

ya.. at least let me ride the msx for 1-2yrs first then maybe chg to monkey when the coe drops in future.. hahaha maybe if i kiang n get a 2a, can consider royal enfield 350 oso.. hahaha

• Like 1

Lol 10+ years ago got quite a number of bikers buy old bikes as their first machine, not too bad an idea because quickly learn to diagnose faults with mechanics and DIY. 

And indeed touch wood if anything happen not heart pain, old phantoms at end of life can take a beating, cheap to repair. 

Sport bike more risk as dropping means a lot of cosmetic damage, stuff like shifters and pegs break more often. 

Good news also 2A and class 2 if lucky used bikes are actually cheaper especially those renewed COE multiple times and well taken care of. Though such rare and unique machine like Enfield are bought as collector item and should hold their resale value well. 

Edited by pinksheep
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, pinksheep said:

Lol 10+ years ago got quite a number of bikers buy old bikes as their first machine, not too bad an idea because quickly learn to diagnose faults with mechanics and DIY. 

And indeed touch wood if anything happen not heart pain, old phantoms at end of life can take a beating, cheap to repair. 

Sport bike more risk as dropping means a lot of cosmetic damage, stuff like shifters and pegs break more often. 

Good news also 2A and class 2 if lucky used bikes are actually cheaper especially those renewed COE multiple times and well taken care of. Though such rare and unique machine like Enfield are bought as collector item and should hold their resale value well. 

Ya.. even now I also just brought a 2nd hand bike.. 🤣🤣🤣

already hands on tear apart until fuel injectors.. 🤣🤣

16 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

oh yea.. Nakuru reminded me.. XSR have a lowered suspension link that you can installed, then it will be lowered, cost less then $100.. check with the bike shops.. :) 

2 small metal crescent pieces that lowers the vehicle by a few cm.

Why not give it a try ?

https://shopee.sg/product/265030286/7935767699?smtt=0.313434901-1650459546.9

https://youtu.be/wcx1tcDlvxo

15 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

if bike cannot start = need to recharge the battery but battery can only charge max 5 times like this.. I realised the more you charge, the more it doesn't hold the charges anymore.. 

Your super kips no need battery also can start engine

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, apogeeXX said:

2 small metal crescent pieces that lowers the vehicle by a few cm.

Why not give it a try ?

https://shopee.sg/product/265030286/7935767699?smtt=0.313434901-1650459546.9

https://youtu.be/wcx1tcDlvxo

Your super kips no need battery also can start engine

yeah.. that's the link.. 

indeed.. no battery can also start.. unless got hella horn.. then horn will not work.. cuz not enough battery.. hahaha... tested and proven.. 😛

• 2 months later...
On 2/13/2022 at 5:18 PM, Bahzeal said:

Hello if you need a little bit of inspiration, while I am not a female, I'm 1.53m and I have a class 2. I passed my 2B prac 1 only after my 8th try and it took me a long time to be confident and get used to it but I'm glad I made it in the end. I'm riding a SV650X at the moment, not the biggest and tallest class 2 bike but class 2 is class 2. Also there was a petite lady similar height to me and definitely smaller build but she passed class 2 alongside with me. It's gonna be harder, that's the fact but it also means that if you are able to do it means you're automatically better in handling a motorcycle than the rest in general because you are put in a disadvantage.

Some general tips that helped me are to slide your butt to the left when necessary and to wear stretchy pants so it's more comfortable for you to move your legs around. All the best in your journey!

Hi. Can I check what bike you used for 2B? 

Hello! For my 2B journey was YBR125 at CDC, after passing I got a CBR150R, the older carburettor version. Used it all the way until Class 2. Still using it as my spare bike now 😆

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/11/2022 at 12:19 AM, elleee said:

Hey there!

Felt like making this little topic to document my journey for class 2B. Firstly, I am a very small petite girl (I am 1.5m!) learning to get my rider's license.

There are so many concerns and anxieties I have, especially being relatively small, afraid that it'll be tougher on me to control the bike as compared to everyone else. Even on the MSX, I am still tip-toeing 😅 Using a different (smaller) bike rather than the standard one everyone gets (CB190R) makes me feel uneasy yet relieved at the same time. Relived because obviously it is way easier for me to learn and control, uneasy because I'm afraid it might not always be available. What if one day there's not one that's available so I have no choice but to go through the lesson on the CB190R? Luckily enough, my first two practs I managed to get on the MSX.

First lesson (1.01): 28 August, Saturday             Failed

Went right after work, it was a super hot scorching day. It was my very first time for prac, hence I misjudged the weather conditions. It affected me really badly, stood under the hot sun while using up all my energy, almost fainted so many times so I sat out. It was super wasted for me because I could do the half-clutch, throttle and braking with no problem. I struggled with the pushing the bike forward and backwards too. The bike was super heavy and it took so much strength. But me sitting out eventually led to me failing the class.

Second lesson (1.01): 11 February, Thursday             Passed

Took many months after first lesson, finally got the momentum to restart my journey again. I feel much more confident this time because I went through it once. Learned my lesson and booked a later time-slot where the sun isn't scorching hot. Luckily it was raining/drizzling during this lesson. Already a much better hope in passing today's lesson. Recapped all the points and managed to execute all decently. I won't say it's perfect and smooth yet, but I am quite satisfied with how I'm controlling the bike at this stage. The instructor brought me and two other guys (i guess it's because we're more stable) into the mini circuit. We played around the circuit, changing from gear 1 to gear 2 and learning how to control the throttle. I had so much fun during this part. Although, the mini circuit scared me a little bit because of all the other moving motorbikes and cars. I stalled my engine twice, because I think i got intimidated with the surroundings. My instructor commented that I am already quite stable on the road, just that I'm a little scared. Time to bring up my confidence! On to the next prac ☺️

Thanks for sharing! I’m also very petite, 1.5m tall and very light, so am hoping to find out which school you went to that has the MSX bikes? Can’t see myself starting on the larger bike 😅 Also, is joggers recommended or really just heavy denim material for pants? Thanks!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SNP said:

Thanks for sharing! I’m also very petite, 1.5m tall and very light, so am hoping to find out which school you went to that has the MSX bikes? Can’t see myself starting on the larger bike 😅 Also, is joggers recommended or really just heavy denim material for pants? Thanks!

Both BBDC and SSDC has MSX. U have to check with the customer service on booking the bike. For pants, cannot be leg hugging.. cotton pants are fine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
8 hours ago, SNP said:

Thanks again for sharing your experience! 

have you pass already? 😏

or already riding R15 and posting on tiktoks? 😛 

recently saw a lot of ladies posting on TikTok with their R15.. :)