SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

A small female rider's class 2B

elleee

Hey there!

Felt like making this little topic to document my journey for class 2B. Firstly, I am a very small petite girl (I am 1.5m!) learning to get my rider's license.

There are so many concerns and anxieties I have, especially being relatively small, afraid that it'll be tougher on me to control the bike as compared to everyone else. Even on the MSX, I am still tip-toeing 😅 Using a different (smaller) bike rather than the standard one everyone gets (CB190R) makes me feel uneasy yet relieved at the same time. Relived because obviously it is way easier for me to learn and control, uneasy because I'm afraid it might not always be available. What if one day there's not one that's available so I have no choice but to go through the lesson on the CB190R? Luckily enough, my first two practs I managed to get on the MSX.

First lesson (1.01): 28 August, Saturday             Failed

Went right after work, it was a super hot scorching day. It was my very first time for prac, hence I misjudged the weather conditions. It affected me really badly, stood under the hot sun while using up all my energy, almost fainted so many times so I sat out. It was super wasted for me because I could do the half-clutch, throttle and braking with no problem. I struggled with the pushing the bike forward and backwards too. The bike was super heavy and it took so much strength. But me sitting out eventually led to me failing the class.

Second lesson (1.01): 11 February, Thursday             Passed

Took many months after first lesson, finally got the momentum to restart my journey again. I feel much more confident this time because I went through it once. Learned my lesson and booked a later time-slot where the sun isn't scorching hot. Luckily it was raining/drizzling during this lesson. Already a much better hope in passing today's lesson. Recapped all the points and managed to execute all decently. I won't say it's perfect and smooth yet, but I am quite satisfied with how I'm controlling the bike at this stage. The instructor brought me and two other guys (i guess it's because we're more stable) into the mini circuit. We played around the circuit, changing from gear 1 to gear 2 and learning how to control the throttle. I had so much fun during this part. Although, the mini circuit scared me a little bit because of all the other moving motorbikes and cars. I stalled my engine twice, because I think i got intimidated with the surroundings. My instructor commented that I am already quite stable on the road, just that I'm a little scared. Time to bring up my confidence! On to the next prac ☺️

• Like 3

15 hours ago, elleee said:

Hey there!

Felt like making this little topic to document my journey for class 2B. Firstly, I am a very small petite girl (I am 1.5m!) learning to get my rider's license.

There are so many concerns and anxieties I have, especially being relatively small, afraid that it'll be tougher on me to control the bike as compared to everyone else. Even on the MSX, I am still tip-toeing 😅 Using a different (smaller) bike rather than the standard one everyone gets (CB190R) makes me feel uneasy yet relieved at the same time. Relived because obviously it is way easier for me to learn and control, uneasy because I'm afraid it might not always be available. What if one day there's not one that's available so I have no choice but to go through the lesson on the CB190R? Luckily enough, my first two practs I managed to get on the MSX.

Went right after work, it was a super hot scorching day. It was my very first time for prac, hence I misjudged the weather conditions. It affected me really badly, stood under the hot sun while using up all my energy, almost fainted so many times so I sat out. It was super wasted for me because I could do the half-clutch, throttle and braking with no problem. I struggled with the pushing the bike forward and backwards too. The bike was super heavy and it took so much strength. But me sitting out eventually led to me failing the class.

Took many months after first lesson, finally got the momentum to restart my journey again. I feel much more confident this time because I went through it once. Learned my lesson and booked a later time-slot where the sun isn't scorching hot. Luckily it was raining/drizzling during this lesson. Already a much better hope in passing today's lesson. Recapped all the points and managed to execute all decently. I won't say it's perfect and smooth yet, but I am quite satisfied with how I'm controlling the bike at this stage. The instructor brought me and two other guys (i guess it's because we're more stable) into the mini circuit. We played around the circuit, changing from gear 1 to gear 2 and learning how to control the throttle. I had so much fun during this part. Although, the mini circuit scared me a little bit because of all the other moving motorbikes and cars. I stalled my engine twice, because I think i got intimidated with the surroundings. My instructor commented that I am already quite stable on the road, just that I'm a little scared. Time to bring up my confidence! On to the next prac ☺️

Don't worry about it, I've heard of ladies or guys who are petite also managed to pass.. just be more confident and get more help if you need from the instructors.. (most instructors are friendly especially to ladies) ;)

Just continue to go for your lessons, try not to skip too long else you might think of forgoing it.. :lol:

That's what happen to my sister and she really forgo it despite getting up to lesson 3 -5.. I can't remember exactly where she stop.

Meanwhile, there's a lot of different tips people has suggested, you can look around this forum.. It's filled with information.. ;)

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Maybe worry about the availability of small bikes later .... get your license first.

Bike feels the lightest when it is vertical during handling. As you tilt it more and more to the sides, it gets heavier and heavier. If you find the bike very heavy to push, you may want to stop and see if you were maintaining the bike vertical.

And because you are new to motorcycling, your muscles are not toned to the activity yet. Overtime as you handle the bike, the relevant parts of your body will begin to develop strength. So don't worry about it for now. Just focus on learning the lessons. Make time for some exercise/workouts can help too and is beneficial to your health.

On 2/11/2022 at 12:19 AM, elleee said:

Relived because obviously it is way easier for me to learn and control, uneasy because I'm afraid it might not always be available. What if one day there's not one that's available so I have no choice but to go through the lesson on the CB190R? Luckily enough, my first two practs I managed to get on the MSX.

I struggled with the pushing the bike forward and backwards too. The bike was super heavy and it took so much strength.

• Haha 1

Hello if you need a little bit of inspiration, while I am not a female, I'm 1.53m and I have a class 2. I passed my 2B prac 1 only after my 8th try and it took me a long time to be confident and get used to it but I'm glad I made it in the end. I'm riding a SV650X at the moment, not the biggest and tallest class 2 bike but class 2 is class 2. Also there was a petite lady similar height to me and definitely smaller build but she passed class 2 alongside with me. It's gonna be harder, that's the fact but it also means that if you are able to do it means you're automatically better in handling a motorcycle than the rest in general because you are put in a disadvantage.

Some general tips that helped me are to slide your butt to the left when necessary and to wear stretchy pants so it's more comfortable for you to move your legs around. All the best in your journey!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bahzeal said:

Hello if you need a little bit of inspiration, while I am not a female, I'm 1.53m and I have a class 2. I passed my 2B prac 1 only after my 8th try and it took me a long time to be confident and get used to it but I'm glad I made it in the end. I'm riding a SV650X at the moment, not the biggest and tallest class 2 bike but class 2 is class 2. Also there was a petite lady similar height to me and definitely smaller build but she passed class 2 alongside with me. It's gonna be harder, that's the fact but it also means that if you are able to do it means you're automatically better in handling a motorcycle than the rest in general because you are put in a disadvantage.

Some general tips that helped me are to slide your butt to the left when necessary and to wear stretchy pants so it's more comfortable for you to move your legs around. All the best in your journey!

Prac 1 8th tries ???

I salute u.

• Like 2

Third lesson (1.02): 13 February, Sunday             Passed

I went for the 11.30am slot, was super hesitant in the first place to book this slot because of my previous bad experience with the scorching hot weather but booked anyway bc it was the earliest slot available 😖 Felt super confident for this one because I already had a sneak of today's lesson in my previous prac so I took it as a chance to practise what I have learned.

We recapped on what we learned last lesson and on to the circuit we go. Similar to the previous lesson, we went around the circuit and up to gear 2/3. I managed to change gears quickly and up to gear 3 with no problem but then immediately face some struggles. I wasn't able to move off moving off wasn't smooth. I will always jerk when I'm about to move off from gear one or go/accelerate abit too quick. I face the same issue when I change to gear 2/3, but some times are much smoother than the other. I think I'm still abit too afraid of handling the bike hence I'm not able to move off smoothly..? 

Besides that, my instructor said I look down too much too. I think it's because I'm trying to figure out which gear I am on so I look down unconsciously. I tend to clutch in too early (which causes freewheeling) when changing from gear 2 to gear 1 when i want to slow down and stop. 

Overall, I learned so much from this lesson and ngl it shook my confidence a little bit (especially the not being able to move off smoothly part) but ahhhh I gotta keep going. Hopefully I will be able to do much better in the next practical. 🤕

On 2/11/2022 at 3:31 PM, adesmond2 said:

Don't worry about it, I've heard of ladies or guys who are petite also managed to pass.. just be more confident and get more help if you need from the instructors.. (most instructors are friendly especially to ladies) ;)

Just continue to go for your lessons, try not to skip too long else you might think of forgoing it.. :lol:

That's what happen to my sister and she really forgo it despite getting up to lesson 3 -5.. I can't remember exactly where she stop.

Meanwhile, there's a lot of different tips people has suggested, you can look around this forum.. It's filled with information.. ;)

Ahhh that's reassuring to hear! I will try my best, thank u :)

On 2/12/2022 at 10:18 AM, apogeeXX said:

Here's a Youtube video to share with you.

Wow, that is really impressive! Maybe one day that will be me 😝

On 2/13/2022 at 5:18 PM, Bahzeal said:

THATS SO IMPRESSIVE OMG. I'm happy for you! Thank you for your kind words 🤗

• Like 1

5 hours ago, elleee said:

I went for the 11.30am slot, was super hesitant in the first place to book this slot because of my previous bad experience with the scorching hot weather but booked anyway bc it was the earliest slot available 😖 Felt super confident for this one because I already had a sneak of today's lesson in my previous prac so I took it as a chance to practise what I have learned.

We recapped on what we learned last lesson and on to the circuit we go. Similar to the previous lesson, we went around the circuit and up to gear 2/3. I managed to change gears quickly and up to gear 3 with no problem but then immediately face some struggles. I wasn't able to move off moving off wasn't smooth. I will always jerk when I'm about to move off from gear one or go/accelerate abit too quick. I face the same issue when I change to gear 2/3, but some times are much smoother than the other. I think I'm still abit too afraid of handling the bike hence I'm not able to move off smoothly..? 

Besides that, my instructor said I look down too much too. I think it's because I'm trying to figure out which gear I am on so I look down unconsciously. I tend to clutch in too early (which causes freewheeling) when changing from gear 2 to gear 1 when i want to slow down and stop. 

Overall, I learned so much from this lesson and ngl it shook my confidence a little bit (especially the not being able to move off smoothly part) but ahhhh I gotta keep going. Hopefully I will be able to do much better in the next practical. 🤕

Just continue to go for more lessons.. especially when the memories are still fresh from the previous lessons.

In real life riding.. never look down.. you will know why when you go Figure 8 lesson.. when I was a P plate (License pass with new 2nd hand bike) I look down at low speed cause I accidentally went too near the kerb.. next thing I know, I'm down to the kerb.. you look where you want to go and you will instinctively ride towards that direction.. I managed to escape a fair number of near accidents due to this concept.

don't worry la.. sure can de.. a few ladies whom I meet up before with also about 1.5 and already riding diff bikes of their choices. Just keep going... ;) 

• Haha 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

On 2/11/2022 at 12:19 AM, elleee said:

Hey there!

Hi elleee, happy to hear that you are building up your confidence and attending lessons! you are doing good! i had to do many times for prac 1, too. but, after almost a year, here i am at prac 8. even though i am a 1.64m , girl, i, too struggle with the regular bike CBR 190. there was one time i got the msx at prac 1 doing the outer circuit, and funny how i passed that night thanks to a lighter bike. anyways, all the best to you and your motorcycle journey! you got this!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/13/2022 at 5:18 PM, Bahzeal said:

If foot could not touch ground, just like the lady showed in the video "Size does not matter",  it would be a great challenge for moving off on a slope (uphill).  Wondering how to move off on uphill for short rider.  Does anyone has an idea ? 

Edited by magicj

On 2/15/2022 at 12:59 AM, elleee said:

Hey, im 1.54m and currently learning at SSDC with the MSX bike too. I had to tip toe too but fortunately the weight really plays a huge part of the whole lesson. im at lesson 3 and had to go for my 2nd try tomorrow as I keep having problem with the 1st try. I booked for the MSX during my lesson 2.2 but someone lied n took the MSX so I end up had to make do with the CB190R with lowered seats. It was manageable but heavy af. I end up having 10 over bruises on each legs cos i keep dropping the bike or hitting it when i was pushing it. anyway, it is pretty normal to repeat at least 3 times for lesson 1 since that is the fundamentals. I repeated both lesson 1 & 2 thrice before passing to lesson 3 now. all the best to you on your next practical! 

• Like 2

On 2/15/2022 at 12:59 AM, elleee said:

Great to hear your progressing.

From your description, I think I can suggest 2 points you can work on.

1. Clutch control. Not all are set the same, so either you need to adjust the clutch biting point every time you get a “new” bike or you have to learn where is the “half clutch” point. When you keep the clutch in a “half clutch” mode you can throttle more and yet the bike will not jerk. It’s like a smooth feeling. Never release the clutch fully in first gear because it WILL jerk violently. Simply because there is too much torque in the first gear, any movement in the throttle is transmitted to the wheels.

half clutch simply means the gears are biting and transmitting power to the wheel but not 100%. It range from like a 30-70% feeling that’s half clutch. You can rev higher and yet the bike won’t be that fast. This is a very important trick to riding off smoothly. 

2. Head point. Remember this, the body goes where the eyes see. You look forward you’ll go forward. You look down... you’ll go down. Learn to feel the gears with your shoes and grip the bike tank with your thighs. It makes you become one with the bike. Grip it and throttle up if you feel like it’s dropping. A moving bike will always stand upright. A bike falls only when it stops. So don’t worry about falling if it’s still moving 10km/h. Look forward and adjust your posture. 

All the best!! Keep up the spirit!!! You can pass and be one of us enjoying the freedom of zooming around enjoying the wind around 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Siphon said:

1. Clutch control. Not all are set the same, so either you need to adjust the clutch biting point every time you get a “new” bike or you have to learn where is the “half clutch” point. When you keep the clutch in a “half clutch” mode you can throttle more and yet the bike will not jerk. It’s like a smooth feeling. Never release the clutch fully in first gear because it WILL jerk violently. Simply because there is too much torque in the first gear, any movement in the throttle is transmitted to the wheels.

half clutch simply means the gears are biting and transmitting power to the wheel but not 100%. It range from like a 30-70% feeling that’s half clutch. You can rev higher and yet the bike won’t be that fast. This is a very important trick to riding off smoothly. 

2. Head point. Remember this, the body goes where the eyes see. You look forward you’ll go forward. You look down... you’ll go down. Learn to feel the gears with your shoes and grip the bike tank with your thighs. It makes you become one with the bike. Grip it and throttle up if you feel like it’s dropping. A moving bike will always stand upright. A bike falls only when it stops. So don’t worry about falling if it’s still moving 10km/h. Look forward and adjust your posture. 

All the best!! Keep up the spirit!!! You can pass and be one of us enjoying the freedom of zooming around enjoying the wind around 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

oh yea.. Great tips!

Suddenly recall not all clutch is the same... all biting point for each bike is different.. Thus usually on TP dates, there's a warm up session for you to get used to the bike asap.

Agreed on point 2 as well.. where you look is where your bike will move towards.. sabotage me once when I look at the kerb and my bike move on the kerb and I fall.. on a real road.. =.='' (during my P plate days)

but save me tons of times as well.. almost go into forest or down hill when I suddenly recall this tips.. straight away 90 degree turn and I was hoping not to brush the kerb and indeed.. I did not brush and I pass thru there successfully.. :)

• Like 1

Fourth lesson (1.03): 26 February, Friday             Passed

SUPER HAPPY AAAHHHHH!!!
Today's lesson is super fun and I feel like I did a great job today! Lesson was two weeks after my previous because I was down with covid 😷.

Today was speed regulation (up to gear 4/5) and low speed control (adjusting speed according to traffic conditions). We started with a warmup of going in the outer circuit going for a few rounds in gear 2 & 3. My moving off was still suckish lol, still couldn't move off smoothly yet and stalled my engine SO many times 😪 We then moved to going up to gear 4/5, learning when and how to go through a bend (slowing down, lowering gear and then up the gear again). MSX only goes up to the fourth gear but it was still super fun hehe.

Next up was the low speed control! There were four cones alongside us and we had to move off and stop at the next cone nicely. This tested on our moving off!!!!! (the one i really suck at haha) and stopping skills (break nicely and smoothly). Wah I was damn scared already cause I already know my moving off was really bad. HOWEVER!!!!!!
After going many rounds and rounds, I'm FINALLY starting to get the hang of it! My move off is well-controlled now and it goes much smoothly than before. Thank you to everyone who gave me tips on this, it helped me greatly! I can better control my left hand on the clutch now and ngl my shoulders feels so much lighter now, no need to be so anxious already 🤪

Everybody in my class passed! My next lesson will be on next Wednesday, it'll be on slope, blind spots and left turns 🤗

Main takeaways:

• Always look ahead, not down
  • Maintain throttle, slowly release clutch to half clutch, once bike moves can release fully
  • Change gear before OR after bend, never during the bend
  • When approaching a bend, gradually brake (front & rear) and hold, clutch in, lower gear, release clutch, release brake, throttle - remove hands from left to right!!! (remove clutch first then the brakes)

On 2/20/2022 at 6:46 PM, magicj said:

If foot could not touch ground, just like the lady showed in the video "Size does not matter",  it would be a great challenge for moving off on a slope (uphill).  Wondering how to move off on uphill for short rider.  Does anyone has an idea ? 

I would like to know too!

On 2/21/2022 at 5:29 PM, Nakuru said:

Hey, im 1.54m and currently learning at SSDC with the MSX bike too. I had to tip toe too but fortunately the weight really plays a huge part of the whole lesson. im at lesson 3 and had to go for my 2nd try tomorrow as I keep having problem with the 1st try. I booked for the MSX during my lesson 2.2 but someone lied n took the MSX so I end up had to make do with the CB190R with lowered seats. It was manageable but heavy af. I end up having 10 over bruises on each legs cos i keep dropping the bike or hitting it when i was pushing it. anyway, it is pretty normal to repeat at least 3 times for lesson 1 since that is the fundamentals. I repeated both lesson 1 & 2 thrice before passing to lesson 3 now. all the best to you on your next practical! 

YESSS, THIS IS ONE OF MY MAIN CONCERN N SOURCE OF ANXIETY FOR EVERY LESSON 😭 What if one day all MSX gone liao then die2 need to use the big one. Honestly really think my feet can't even touch the ground lmao. BUT! So far been getting the MSX for every lesson, let's hope it stays that way. You're brave for still going with it omg. All the best to you too!!!! We can do this🤗

Edited by elleee
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 7:29 PM, Siphon said:

Thank you so much for the advice! I finally managed to move off smoothly and I didn't look at the ground at all today :) YESSSS CANT WAIT!

On 2/24/2022 at 8:30 AM, adesmond2 said:

oh yea.. Great tips!

Suddenly recall not all clutch is the same... all biting point for each bike is different.. Thus usually on TP dates, there's a warm up session for you to get used to the bike asap.

Agreed on point 2 as well.. where you look is where your bike will move towards.. sabotage me once when I look at the kerb and my bike move on the kerb and I fall.. on a real road.. =.='' (during my P plate days)

but save me tons of times as well.. almost go into forest or down hill when I suddenly recall this tips.. straight away 90 degree turn and I was hoping not to brush the kerb and indeed.. I did not brush and I pass thru there successfully.. :)

Oh no hahahaha. I'm glad you didn't go into the forest! Nice save 😉

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, elleee said:

Thank you so much for the advice! I finally managed to move off smoothly and I didn't look at the ground at all today :) YESSSS CANT WAIT!

Oh no hahahaha. I'm glad you didn't go into the forest! Nice save 😉

Glad it helped!!! This skill will be useful for all your slow speed obstacles. Like the plank, right angle turns and u-turns especially. Use the slope to practice and pin point where exactly the clutch contacts the gear 😆😆😆.

For the test day, I remember doing cr with the same bike the night before and rushing to the same bike early the next morning just so no one takes that bike I’m used to for the test 😂😂. Everything that makes you more confident for the test helps 😆

17 hours ago, elleee said:

YESSS, THIS IS ONE OF MY MAIN CONCERN N SOURCE OF ANXIETY FOR EVERY LESSON 😭 What if one day all MSX gone liao then die2 need to use the big one. Honestly really think my feet can't even touch the ground lmao. BUT! So far been getting the MSX for every lesson, let's hope it stays that way. You're brave for still going with it omg. All the best to you too!!!! We can do this🤗

Actually the lowered bikes are even lower than the MSX. On the MSX i have to tip toe but i dun have to when i was on the lowered bikes. The only issue i have is the weight since MSX is more nimble. U shld at least try the bigger bike once thou.. in the case during the TP test n the MSXs r down on the day or whatever issues like someone stole my booking during lesson. Im on lesson 4 now but i failed the 1st try cos im totally lost in the circuit 😂 need to memorise hard for the next try liao.. 

On 2/26/2022 at 2:09 AM, elleee said:

Fourth lesson (1.03): 26 February, Friday             Passed

SUPER HAPPY AAAHHHHH!!!
Today's lesson is super fun and I feel like I did a great job today! Lesson was two weeks after my previous because I was down with covid 😷.

Today was speed regulation (up to gear 4/5) and low speed control (adjusting speed according to traffic conditions). We started with a warmup of going in the outer circuit going for a few rounds in gear 2 & 3. My moving off was still suckish lol, still couldn't move off smoothly yet and stalled my engine SO many times 😪 We then moved to going up to gear 4/5, learning when and how to go through a bend (slowing down, lowering gear and then up the gear again). MSX only goes up to the fourth gear but it was still super fun hehe.

Next up was the low speed control! There were four cones alongside us and we had to move off and stop at the next cone nicely. This tested on our moving off!!!!! (the one i really suck at haha) and stopping skills (break nicely and smoothly). Wah I was damn scared already cause I already know my moving off was really bad. HOWEVER!!!!!!
After going many rounds and rounds, I'm FINALLY starting to get the hang of it! My move off is well-controlled now and it goes much smoothly than before. Thank you to everyone who gave me tips on this, it helped me greatly! I can better control my left hand on the clutch now and ngl my shoulders feels so much lighter now, no need to be so anxious already 🤪

Everybody in my class passed! My next lesson will be on next Wednesday, it'll be on slope, blind spots and left turns 🤗

Main takeaways:

• Always look ahead, not down
  • Maintain throttle, slowly release clutch to half clutch, once bike moves can release fully
  • Change gear before OR after bend, never during the bend
  • When approaching a bend, gradually brake (front & rear) and hold, clutch in, lower gear, release clutch, release brake, throttle - remove hands from left to right!!! (remove clutch first then the brakes)

I would like to know too!

great to know you pass.. hope you also pass on the wednesday that just pass.. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 11:47 PM, Pisces44 said:

Haha... 

The real deal starts from lesson 2... Plank, salom, crank course, fig 8, ebrake...

Then u will have self doubt when you repeat n repeat....

lol.. just tell yourself.. eventually will pass if you persist.. :) 

It's refreshing and entertaining to see this blog style of motorcycle learning adventures, reminds me of a time when the bike forum was much more active 👍

Learning to ride a motorbike safely is an adventure that you will never forget, keep up the good work! 

13 hours ago, pinksheep said:

It's refreshing and entertaining to see this blog style of motorcycle learning adventures, reminds me of a time when the bike forum was much more active 👍

Learning to ride a motorbike safely is an adventure that you will never forget, keep up the good work! 

ya lor... back in the days... one hour miss the post, becomes hundreds of post after your last post.. nowadays forums kakis all move to fb/ig/tiktok and etc.. LOL..

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I use the MSX too but have failed the past 2 TP tests because I’m too slow on the S and Crank course :(. While easier to handle, I can’t seem to pick up speed as much as the 190s. Any tips?

Lol the little bike is not slow leh. Out on the street I usually outrun cars easily on my auto scooter but a girl on a MSX was much faster because machine and rider probably half the weight. 

To do fast acceleration on small bikes, got to rev the engine much higher then release clutch. Used to do it all the time back in the 2 stroke days, power up to 5 to 6000rpm then release, enjoy the surge of acceleration. 

It can sound frightening to do on driving school environment if you're not used to the noise and vibration so I recommend ask the instructor demo first. Then notice what RPM he launch the bike at and how he use eyepoint and correct lean to maintain speed all the way. MSX should have the advantage in handling due to light weight. 

There is no magic solution to speed in the turns so I suggest concentrate on doing the turns correctly then practise makes perfect. Each time you try you go faster and faster. Don't rush or force the bike because rushing eventually lead to accident happen, naturally will get the tricks right. 

Even for racing drivers they keep driving the same course many times in order to get their winning lap times. 

20 years ago the little bike at BBDC was an antique Honda Cub, maybe 70 or 100cc only. The instructor used it to do figure 8 scraping the exhaust pipe and foot pegs all the way 😂 faster than any of our CB125. 

He might have no power and less traction but he concentrate and commit fully into the turn, no fear to look deep in the turn and roll in brave and fast don't think of anything just go in fast and hard. After that no one failed! 

At the limit, that's where we learn the motorcycle takes care of its rider and doesn't let us crash, so long as we trust in the machine and look where we want to go. 

Edited by pinksheep
  • Thanks 1