SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Legal to Rent Out Motorcycle?

mosiph

Hi,

I'm going overseas for 4 months and thinking to rent out my motorcycle.

Is it legal for me to do so? If yes, what do I need to do?

1. Get the person to purchase insurance?

2. What paperwork is required? Say, if sth happens, TP will know I'm not the rider.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, mosiph said:

Hi,

I'm going overseas for 4 months and thinking to rent out my motorcycle.

Is it legal for me to do so? If yes, what do I need to do?

1. Get the person to purchase insurance?

2. What paperwork is required? Say, if sth happens, TP will know I'm not the rider.

Thank you.

Technically it's not legal for personal bike to rent out.. unless yours is a company registered bike.

if you wan to rent out to your friends under table.. Make sure you add in Sub-rider first then update your insurance company on this person details and see if any fees need to be top up (paid by the person who rent from you) but if you wan to charge market rates, you have to pay. Cuz market rates motorcycles all inclusive of insurance as well.

Paperwork - just make sure you type a draft letter the indicated that he/she will be liable for any repairs/offences committed during this period while you are away from Singapore.

Once you add in sub-rider, any government bodies will know that person is sub-riding as well.. :)

• Like 2

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

34 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

Technically it's not legal for personal bike to rent out.. unless yours is a company registered bike.

if you wan to rent out to your friends under table.. Make sure you add in Sub-rider first then update your insurance company on this person details and see if any fees need to be top up (paid by the person who rent from you) but if you wan to charge market rates, you have to pay. Cuz market rates motorcycles all inclusive of insurance as well.

Paperwork - just make sure you type a draft letter the indicated that he/she will be liable for any repairs/offences committed during this period while you are away from Singapore.

Once you add in sub-rider, any government bodies will know that person is sub-riding as well.. :)

Oh, since it's illegal, I will stay away from it. Probably I will just park at my company and ask my colleague to start the bike once in a while so that it's not idle for too long.

Thank you for the info.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I guess this is another sense in which you can't really own anything in Singapore. How can it possibly be illegal for you to decide what to do with an object that you have bought?

Does anyone have a link to the law that actually says this?

On 5/23/2022 at 10:43 AM, westcoastbestcoast said:

I guess this is another sense in which you can't really own anything in Singapore. How can it possibly be illegal for you to decide what to do with an object that you have bought?

Does anyone have a link to the law that actually says this?

u can call LTA and check.. ;)

Singapore not always have black and white but they have regulation to follow..

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

16 hours ago, westcoastbestcoast said:

You're saying that it's a law, but it's not officially written down anywhere? How does that make any sense? I thought Singapore was a place that had clear rules, that are written down, and applied universally?

Bro.. I'm not LTA or TP lei... How would I know sia?

Here's a link for you to LTA to contact them and feed back this to them.

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltagov/en/contact_us.html

Meanwhile, stated here, 1st Motorcycle sharing/renting platform in Singapore..

https://mothership.sg/2018/09/motorcycle-sharing-singapore/

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 12:23 PM, adesmond2 said:

7 hours ago, westcoastbestcoast said:

But... you were the one who asserted that it is illegal! Are you now saying that you don't know whether or not it is legal?

See my original reply to TS.. 

If u looking for official reply with black/white.. have to look for LTA/TP.. they are the main contact departments.. we can only offer answers to our best knowledge..