SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Opinions on bike to choose.

Hasifi

So, was spending a couple of days procrastinating on what type of bike to choose. Standing at 186cm, I've decided to go with touring bike.

Did some research on 2B touring bike and stuck between the following choices.

-CB150x

-CB190x Tourism

-CB190x Fight Hawk

-CB200x

Wasn't able to find much reviews on the CB150x and 200x and was told that CB190x has a notorious reputation for their engine.

Really need your opinions on these. Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, Hasifi said:

So, was spending a couple of days procrastinating on what type of bike to choose. Standing at 186cm, I've decided to go with touring bike.

-CB150x

-CB190x Tourism

-CB190x Fight Hawk

-CB200x

Wasn't able to find much reviews on the CB150x and 200x and was told that CB190x has a notorious reputation for their engine.

Cb150… or any of that has water coolant.. dun go for air cool bikes.. 100% regret.. unless we are winter country then can go with air cool.. 

• Like 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

On 6/26/2022 at 12:20 PM, Hasifi said:

-CB150x

-CB190x Tourism

-CB190x Fight Hawk

-CB200x

Tbh, with your height, you are able to ride any bike applicable in class 2B. In my case, I'm standing at 155cm and have to modified my bike front fork and rear shock loader to fit my height to feel comfortable.

Better to just try test out each brand and model first too see which bike suit you.

-CB150x

-CB190x Tourism

-CB190x Fight Hawk

-CB200x

First bike would recommend to get a second hand bike, so the 150X and 200X being new in the market don't think will have second hand so fast.

Personally I had 2019 CB190X tourism as my first bike for 1yr+ till I change to my current 400X after getting 2A, no issues even for long ridings west to east in SG. Also entered JB once, but the engine is really no power lah, full throttle in msia meter only maintaining ard 116, downslope 120, GPS speed is about 10km less. My colleague having the CBF190X FH close to 4yrs usage having no issues with the engine. Thinks it's really a luck thing about getting a bad engine. But better to get a friend who know about bikes to view second hand bike.

Size wise 200X is the biggest, almost same size as a 400X. Will look best suit your height. But the engine is the same old 184cc engine in all the cb190 bikes. Then again if you are into biking and planning upgrading to 2A or even 2, get a second hand one, not very worth for new with the current COE price.

-CB150x

-CB190x Tourism

-CB190x Fight Hawk

-CB200x

maybe rent some to try?

On 7/3/2022 at 8:36 AM, profreeman said:

First bike would recommend to get a second hand bike, so the 150X and 200X being new in the market don't think will have second hand so fast.

Personally I had 2019 CB190X tourism as my first bike for 1yr+ till I change to my current 400X after getting 2A, no issues even for long ridings west to east in SG. Also entered JB once, but the engine is really no power lah, full throttle in msia meter only maintaining ard 116, downslope 120, GPS speed is about 10km less. My colleague having the CBF190X FH close to 4yrs usage having no issues with the engine. Thinks it's really a luck thing about getting a bad engine. But better to get a friend who know about bikes to view second hand bike.

Size wise 200X is the biggest, almost same size as a 400X. Will look best suit your height. But the engine is the same old 184cc engine in all the cb190 bikes. Then again if you are into biking and planning upgrading to 2A or even 2, get a second hand one, not very worth for new with the current COE price.

waaa.. you so lucky ah...

so far I asked around about cb190x.. nothing but bad news... 😂

engine overheat.. cannot cool down fast enough.. piston seized. piston ring/valve out of alignment.. anything also have.. 😂

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2022 at 9:53 PM, coolstuff88 said:

I was looking for a cb190x but after seeing the replies here.. suddenly I am very scared

cb150s all not bad also.. :) 

just go with any bike that has coolant.. not air cooled.. haha.. Human also cannot tahan the hot weather.. no need to say for bikes liaoz.. 😂