SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SSDC 2A TP Test Report Time

35 minutes ago, sookainian said:

Does anyone know what time we need to report for the TP test if the timing show 8:15am.

What time is the warm up ride etc?

7am

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sookainian said:

Does anyone know what time we need to report for the TP test if the timing show 8:15am.

What time is the warm up ride etc?

8 hours ago, Nakuru said:

7am

Best to go early early.. then prepare in advance.. mentally.. haha... 

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

1 hour ago, adesmond2 said:

Best to go early early.. then prepare in advance.. mentally.. haha... 

Lol 7am they oso just start work only.. will take their own time to give out the number tag etc leh

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Lol 7am they oso just start work only.. will take their own time to give out the number tag etc leh

I still remember.. my 2A.. I think I reach about 6am.. then la kopi.. wait for them.. haha... wake up at 4am and cannot sleep.. 5am decided to go to the school.. LOL..

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

3 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

I still remember.. my 2A.. I think I reach about 6am.. then la kopi.. wait for them.. haha... wake up at 4am and cannot sleep.. 5am decided to go to the school.. LOL..

Soon for u again.. class 2.. probably march? Haha

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Soon for u again.. class 2.. probably march? Haha

maybe lor.. last one liao.. finally sia..

I reached at 7am today. Almost everyone have arrived. I'm the 2nd last person to reach....

30 pax took the TP and 18 pass. Super happy to be one of the lucky few to pass. 

I notice crack course the tester very strict. Almost everyone kena points for that, noidea why... 

• Like 1

Just now, sookainian said:

I reached at 7am today. Almost everyone have arrived. I'm the 2nd last person to reach....

I notice crack course the tester very strict. Almost everyone kena points for that, noidea why... 

congrats! ok la.. they cannot give you 0 points ma.. so must find some fault to penalise.. LOL..

6 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

congrats! ok la.. they cannot give you 0 points ma.. so must find some fault to penalise.. LOL..

Everyone who completed the crank course, the instructor will be writing down something... lol...

I lost 6 points at crank course.... but heng still manage to pass

Edited by sookainian
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, sookainian said:

Congrats!! But even if u reach at 7am they oso dont really start right.. just sitting around waiting for time only.. dun care about the points la.. pass can already.. now can go shop for 2A bike liao 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Congrats!! But even if u reach at 7am they oso dont really start right.. just sitting around waiting for time only.. dun care about the points la.. pass can already.. now can go shop for 2A bike liao 

The warm up started at 7:15am... 

COE still very expensive... im eyeing at the R3 but COE itself is already one bike price ;( Im so lost noidea what to do... wait until class2 then buy or just but class2a now... hais..

Edited by sookainian

1 hour ago, sookainian said:

COE still very expensive... im eyeing at the R3 but COE itself is already one bike price ;( Im so lost noidea what to do... wait until class2 then buy or just but class2a now... hais..

are you riding any bike now? If no, get a 2nd hand R3 or anything that your wallet can tahan.. then from there pass cl2 you can "consider" again from there..

bear in mind, most class 2 not suitable in Singapore as it's heavy.. FC too expensive.. maintenance.. so usually people stick with 2A bikes for long run.. up to individual pocket.. :)

Most of my friends who ride CL2 either change to car & 2B or car only or 2A only.. 

9 hours ago, sookainian said:

Depending on wats ur usage lor.. tbh in SG 2B more than enough liao.. the most get up to 2A.. haha get 2nd hand to play with it 1st la..

• Like 1

BIke for me is just a weekend getaway as i already have a car for daily. Although i have a car, it doesnt mean im rich hor... hahas...

I did consider getting a 2nd hand class2a but the current 2nd hand market pricing i feel is crazy. Everyone trying to make a profit or something. It's like more worth getting new. But new bike the COE is currently 11k and i can't bare to pay 11k for a paper... 

Stress

Edited by sookainian
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sookainian said:

BIke for me is just a weekend getaway as i already have a car for daily. Although i have a car, it doesnt mean im rich hor... hahas...

I did consider getting a 2nd hand class2a but the current 2nd hand market pricing i feel is crazy. Everyone trying to make a profit or something. It's like more worth getting new. But new bike the COE is currently 11k and i can't bare to pay 11k for a paper... 

Stress

Icic.. then just get a 2nd hand left with 5 years COE lor.. choose those with reasonable pricing/no maintenance/respray required.. Just ride weekends.. :) 

No wor, only some 2A bikes is overpriced, identical to brand new bike pricing..  (those 1-2 year old) with upgrades parts and etc..Mileage about 40-60k (about time to check valve clearance) 😂

So based on your preferences.. sports bike? naked bike? budget below 15k? or lesser.. dun be shy... honestly.. I'm looking for cheap CL2 bikes also.. haha.. less then 5k.. but COE usually left with 1 year.. 😂 So reconsidering my options for the time being.. CL2 license haven't obtain also.. hahahaha..

1 hour ago, sookainian said:

Stress

Same same.. my bike is oso like my weekend toy.. my daily is still via car.. luckily i bought both my bike n car b4 the prices went so crazy.. 

Would suggest to look out for a 2nd hand bike since its gonna be under used for u.. haha

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Same same.. my bike is oso like my weekend toy.. my daily is still via car.. luckily i bought both my bike n car b4 the prices went so crazy.. 

Would suggest to look out for a 2nd hand bike since its gonna be under used for u.. haha

toy sia.. but your bike really looks like toy.. small and cute.. I believe can go into lift also right? haha... 😂

13 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

toy sia.. but your bike really looks like toy.. small and cute.. I believe can go into lift also right? haha... 😂

Shld be can.. i think if u can find a way to lift the bike, it might even be able to go into my car boot.. but need to be lying down la..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Shld be can.. i think if u can find a way to lift the bike, it might even be able to go into my car boot.. but need to be lying down la..

fuel 100% leak all over the place..  😂

Dun think hor.. go up car boot might have issues.. dun lift.. use the "plank".. then push up like those lorry.. :) 

Or go to your rear seat.. if it's "short enough"..

1 hour ago, adesmond2 said:

So based on your preferences.. sports bike? naked bike? budget below 15k? or lesser.. dun be shy... honestly.. I'm looking for cheap CL2 bikes also.. haha.. less then 5k.. but COE usually left with 1 year.. 😂 So reconsidering my options for the time being.. CL2 license haven't obtain also.. hahahaha..

I'm not shy to share... only scared people think newbie trying to show off and start off with CL2. The reason why i took up bike license is to fulfill my long dream...

I already put deposit for a CL2 bike. If the deal does go thru, I'm looking at Q1-Q2 2024 collection. Provided I pass my C2 by then... 

So I'm currently looking for a beginner bike to build my experience/confidence. I'll most likely end up keeping this bike too and it will be my training/daily bike. I just can't bare to pay for the COE now... especially if the bike to COE ratio is like 1:1 or cost more than the bike itself...

Any 2nd hand sportbike to recommend? 

Edited by sookainian
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

fuel 100% leak all over the place..  😂

Dun think hor.. go up car boot might have issues.. dun lift.. use the "plank".. then push up like those lorry.. :) 

Or go to your rear seat.. if it's "short enough"..

If u remove all the seats maybe can la.. hahaha

2 minutes ago, sookainian said:

I'm not shy to share... only scared people think newbie trying to show off and start off with CL2. The reason why i took up bike license is to fulfill my long dream...

I already put deposit for a CL2 bike. If the deal does go thru, I'm looking at Q1-Q2 2024 collection. Provided I pass by C2 by then... 

So I'm currently looking for a beginner bike to build my experience/confidence. I'll most likely end up keeping this bike too and it will be my training/daily bike. But i just can't bare to pay for the COE now... especially if the bike to COE ratio is like 1 to 1... 

Juz get a 2B for now n play lor.. anything 150cc is more than enough even if u go jb.. bike to coe ratio now is more like 1:2... 

U can look at yamaha r15 or ktm rc200.. go carousell see see for 2nd bike lor.. best is if u bring someone experienced when u buy the bike unless u're a pretty hands on person urself la

12 minutes ago, sookainian said:

I already put deposit for a CL2 bike. If the deal does go thru, I'm looking at Q1-Q2 2024 collection. Provided I pass my C2 by then... 

So I'm currently looking for a beginner bike to build my experience/confidence. I'll most likely end up keeping this bike too and it will be my training/daily bike. I just can't bare to pay for the COE now... especially if the bike to COE ratio is like 1:1 or cost more than the bike itself...

waaa.. deposit already put ah.. Then nvm liao.. just wait for your new CL2 bah..

Dun take your CL2 = deposit kanna makan.. so not worth.. nvm.. just go one shot CL2 liao bah..

If you looking at 2B just for fun.. 

Cheap cheap one year or less

2014 CBR150R 2.3k

https://www.carousell.sg/p/cbr150r-1211688326/?t-id=823777_1675724593513&t-referrer_browse_type=search_results&t-referrer_filter_category=1595&t-referrer_filter_condition=USED&t-referrer_filter_price_max=5000&t-referrer_page_type=search&t-referrer_request_id=n-HelVZwxpDbuJ-9&t-referrer_sort_by=&t-tap_index=5

Can consider - 5k ex but you will get hook with it's power (2 stroke).. but at the same time.. might have issues passing inspection 2025 onwards... (if I didn't recall wrongly)

https://www.carousell.sg/p/krr-150-1213100659/?t-id=823777_1675724593513&t-referrer_browse_type=search_results&t-referrer_filter_category=1595&t-referrer_filter_condition=USED&t-referrer_filter_price_max=5000&t-referrer_page_type=search&t-referrer_request_id=n-HelVZwxpDbuJ-9&t-referrer_sort_by=&t-tap_index=31

2014 R15 -3k

https://www.carousell.sg/p/yamaha-r15-2014-1213611960/?t-id=823777_1675724593513&t-referrer_browse_type=search_results&t-referrer_filter_category=1595&t-referrer_filter_condition=USED&t-referrer_filter_price_max=5000&t-referrer_page_type=search&t-referrer_request_id=n-HelVZwxpDbuJ-9&t-referrer_sort_by=&t-tap_index=32

6 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

If u remove all the seats maybe can la.. hahaha

😂

21 hours ago, sookainian said:

with most CL2 bikes, its always in the >100bhp range.
power weight ratio is way higher compare the training bikes

in USA, where riders have unlimited use for all bikes from the straight, its always not difficult to see riders crashing on their 1st bikes..  so many YT vids on why not to buy a 600/750/1000 sportsbikes as your 1st bike.

if your budget allows, get 1 bike, thats within the same category as your CL2 that you DP for.
definitely needs to get used to posture of the same category, even its a scooter where its just tot comfort and easy to ride but its also different from the training bikes, especially the brakes on both levers..

the posture and fell of the bike, is very huge especially when its a HIGH hp bike..
NOT uncommon to see owners crashing their new big bikes, even friends with their sky high mileage bikes: S4s/Kups/Scooter.. also cannot avoid some MisQues when they jumped onto their R1/CBR/GSXr/S1R/ZX10r

bike being your weekend blast, skills could be as rusty as some of their who have their OPC and serious seen some that drives like NEWBIE even when they have their license for years..

muscle memory plays a BIG part in riding and defensive riding is only true-ly learned when its practiced on a VERY regular basis..

Human tends to cut corners easier unless the brain is wired "to do the Correct thing even when no-one is watching"

• Like 1

95-96 Cagiva Freecia 7sp
97-98 FZR 400R 1EN
98-2000 FZR 400RR 3TJ
2001-2005 R6 01 stock
2006-2011 Ford Connect Van
2009-2012 Mitsubishi L200
2013-2015 Gilera Fuoco500
2015-2016 Mitsubishi Lancer GLX
2018 Fiat Bravo
2021 Rieju 125cc SM
Other bikes LC4 620, Sportster 883, TZR 125, ZXR400, GSXR750

2B - Jan1995 2A - Oct1996 2 - Mar1998 3 - Nov2002 BDVL - Nov2011
3 - 2018, BDVL - May 2021, 2B - Feb2021, 2A - April 2022

3 hours ago, eclipse1 said:

with most CL2 bikes, its always in the >100bhp range.
power weight ratio is way higher compare the training bikes

in USA, where riders have unlimited use for all bikes from the straight, its always not difficult to see riders crashing on their 1st bikes..  so many YT vids on why not to buy a 600/750/1000 sportsbikes as your 1st bike.

if your budget allows, get 1 bike, thats within the same category as your CL2 that you DP for.
definitely needs to get used to posture of the same category, even its a scooter where its just tot comfort and easy to ride but its also different from the training bikes, especially the brakes on both levers..

the posture and fell of the bike, is very huge especially when its a HIGH hp bike..
NOT uncommon to see owners crashing their new big bikes, even friends with their sky high mileage bikes: S4s/Kups/Scooter.. also cannot avoid some MisQues when they jumped onto their R1/CBR/GSXr/S1R/ZX10r

bike being your weekend blast, skills could be as rusty as some of their who have their OPC and serious seen some that drives like NEWBIE even when they have their license for years..

muscle memory plays a BIG part in riding and defensive riding is only true-ly learned when its practiced on a VERY regular basis..

Human tends to cut corners easier unless the brain is wired "to do the Correct thing even when no-one is watching"

I'm the newbie.. hahahaha.. seldom open throttle unless required/clear road..