SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF VespaNet Cafe 2009 GT/LX/PX/ET

Brembo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dats sad, no 150? : (

Past Ride: FV5283E(KRR150) FL1135D(GSXR400RP) FQ1692K(CBR400RR) FQ2815S(NSR250RSP) FY7366X(Y125Z) FS366Z(YZF-R6S) FX8000A(Y125Z) FQ6261M(NSR250RSP) FBD1686U(GSX-R 1000 K8) FX8000A(SYM NEW FIGHTER 150) FBL2085E(YZF-R1 RN22)

Present Ride:

-

Live To Ride :popcorn:

hello, i just received a call from the bike shop uncle. he told me my vespa LX150 with fuel injection will be here tmr. i waited almost 3 weeks. BUT.. the bike cannot be registered so soon?! earliest is next mth! i'm so mad! he told me if i want to get the older vespa LX150 i can get my bike next week. when i made payment he told me i only have to wait 2 weeks or so.

anyone can advise me? is there any number to call to check? why cannot register the bike? why do i have to wait another 1 mth?

hello, I decided to get the carb vespa LX150 instead. The bike was delivered to the shop this afternoon. I went to view it. I had some problem putting the bike off the main stand. It's very heavy. I'm considering to get a side stand. Anyone knows where this can be done? Also, any rider here has to tip toe and ride a vespa too? I'm only 1.58m tall. I'm a little short for vespa LX. Any tips for riding?

hello, I decided to get the carb vespa LX150 instead. The bike was delivered to the shop this afternoon. I went to view it. I had some problem putting the bike off the main stand. It's very heavy. I'm considering to get a side stand. Anyone knows where this can be done? Also, any rider here has to tip toe and ride a vespa too? I'm only 1.58m tall. I'm a little short for vespa LX. Any tips for riding?

To bring the vespa off the main stand -

I used to sit on the bike with my feet on the floorboard, jerk the bike forward and put my leg down wherever the bike tilts.

But nowadays, after I've removed the stand's bottom wear-pads(so that the stand's legs are shorter), start the bike while it's on its stands, accelerate a bit to bring the bike offstands(even with me and pillion-rider onboard, but you can't do this on smooth floors), and ride off. Of course, this wears out the legs of the stands(or possibly crack it) - I just change stands more often. :lol:

Are you a brand-new:) rider with a brand-new bike? You might want to consider practicising at a big and relatively-deserted carpark to get a feel of your ride.

Ride Safe.

I always did it the lazy way (similar to Frank y's method) - sit on the bike, one foot on ground, other foot on floorboard, hands on both handle bars and jerk the bike forward.

I have seen girls push off the main stands without too much trouble. It should be a matter of practice. You can check with the girls from vespa forum for advice. http://vesporeans.proboards.com

When you are about to stop the bike, try to sit forward a bit so your foot can reach the ground better.

Anyway, my LX came with a side stand. Can you check if it's on the left side?

hey guys, i am new here and i need some help on my queries. Anyway I am looking for a new vespa.

1. is the lx 150 n vespa S have much diff other than the cc n looks ?

2. will it look weird to wear a FF helmet on a vespa ?

3. A S Phoon quote me $7200 + 910 ( AXA insurance 3rd party, just passed TP ) = 8110 .. is the price ok?

4. bike production quote me 5800 machine price wif free helmet, bike cover, raincoat and $250 free servicing ( promotion till 31 dec ). i think the total price will come up to abt 8k too.

5.i saw some vespa have a veri nice rear box that have the same colour as the bike, wads is the average cost of the box?

Thanks in advance!

cheers!

Hi kinara_wy,

1. Ah, not so sure if there are any technological differences. Can check the web.

2. I wear a flip up on a vespa. Safety first! Looks Second!

3. That's pretty much the price, plus minus a bit. I got the same quote ($7200) when I checked with ASPhoon on the price in March this year.

4. About the $250 promotion, I thought it's ADH (the distributor) promotion so it would apply to LX bought from ASPhoon as well. Helmet, bike cover and raincoat are not worth a lot especially if you intend to get better ones. You should be able to get these freebies from ASPhoon if you asked. Anyway, machine price of $5800 is standard among the bike shops.

5. LX150 should comes with a free matching box. It cost about $200 to $300 if you buy separately.

Hey there scoopdreams, I'm looking at getting a scooter too and the daelim B Bone is highly recommended by a friend who's a rider. He gave me this URL to read up: http://www.cka.com.sg. A Vespa is pretty nice, but the top speed of 80km/h is a problem for me, seriously because I've ridden on expressways in Singapore on my brother's phantom and if you do 80km, grannys are going to honk at you. Also, Vespas seem less well-built than the B Bone. I think price-wise, the B Bone wins too.

kinara_wy, vespa S is superb cool. i like the orange one! Actually LX and S are more or less the same (i think). I chose LX over S because of the free box. I'm going to use my vespa for work purposes so I need the box.

For my LX150 Carb (Cash)

I paid $7100 (COE, 6mths road tax, reg fee, no.plate) + $1050 (comprehensive insurance) + $150 (IU) = $8300

I decided not to wait for the fuel injection one.

kinara_wy,

I do not have any personal experience with the bike shops but from what I read, ASPhoon seems to be a more reputable shop. Yep, I heard good comments on the Drymaster. But I do not really like the design. I am on my second set of Arai rainjackets.

xiu xiu,

I also didn't realise there is a side stand until a friend pointed it out to me. :)

Hey ya'all,

My friend's Vespa GT got into an accident recently and damage is quite bad. Rear cowling dented, front bezel cracked, and agent even mentioned frame dented. All in, agent quoted almost $2,000 for repairs.

Anyone got a garage/workshop they frequent that is good and cheap? Just checkin' cause I'd think agents would usually charge more.

TIA (:

belgarathc,

so the kick start will be on the right?

where can i get Arai jacket?

Both the side stand (green box) and kick start (red box) are on the left.

http://adventurevacationtrip.com/photos/Vespa_LX150/SBF_Vespa150.jpg

I bought the jacket at Regina (along Jalan Besar). It's a little thick and I'm not sure if it's genuine Arai brand.

Edited by belgarathc

Been riding the vespa autos for awhile, definitely can go above 80km, expressways are not a problem. The lx150 can go about 100-110 speedwise. Gt200 bit more. Vespa parts are very wasy to find cos there's a couple of scooter workshops, at kallang and Tong Aik. Its definitely a comfortable ride. The B bone looks good too. Haven't had a chance to try it out but if it came in a bigger cc (150-200) i'll definitely be itching to try one too!

http://scooterlounge.com/blog/Archives/SeiGiorni.jpg