SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF VespaNet Cafe 2009 GT/LX/PX/ET

Brembo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone,

Planning to get my ride in November, and am really looking forward to it! I'm a laid-back, scooterish kind of guy, and have been narrowing scooter choices on the Internet when things are kinda slow-moving on work side.

Anyway, wanted to ask about what this forum thinks: I would like a unique looking scooter, don't need to go fast as I seldom suffer the need for speed, and will serve as a good city commute with occasional long weekend rides.

Currently, the Vespa LX 150 and the Daelim B-Bone really caught my attention, however reviews, especially on the B-Bone, is practically non-existent on the Net.

Also, despite me being attracted to these two models, I am kind of worried about the availability of parts and the reliability of these two models. Really do not want to get my ride and find out that I have to chuck it in the workshop for weeks, or spending beaucoup money on repairs...

So, anybody care to comment on these two choices? And how about other scooters (e.g the Yamaha Fino), or *gasps* even other kind of bikes to recommend?

i just checked my front tire... and realized with horror that i wore out the sides faster than the center.

my god. was i really that aggressive with the vespa? :o

i guess i'll replace the front with a bridgestone hoop. or something.

Bajaj Pulsar 180 - UG3 (2007 - )

Suzuki GSXR-400 (2008 - 2009)

Piaggio Vespa GT 200L (2009 - 2011)

Yamaha YBX 125 (2010 - )

Yamaha FZ S1 '05 (2011 - )

Hi guys. I've been riding the vespa gt 200l for some time now. Lately, the scoot has a tendency of stalling while moving off. I have the suspicion that the carburator requires some servicing. I intend to ride to tong aik tomorrow afternoon to get them to do it for me... Though i would like to be mentally prepared for the costs that this will incur.

What i would like to know is this:

1. How much would they charge to clean the carb, without addings costs of worn parts? (like diaphragm, carburator gasket and needles)

2. How much would those extra parts cost, should they require replacement?

I understand that tong aik servicing isnt cheap, but my sister, the previous owner, has much faith in their service. I believe it would be a good idea to do any major servicing there.

I have the same problem with my Gt200 previously also. At first TA also cannot locate the problem, but on my 2nd trip back he solved it. He replaced the air filter FOC for me and all problems solved. :) No nid expensive menthods.

Ah hemm....

The VESPA S is finally in SINGAPORE!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Really? OMG OMG. How much for the new one? Issit more powerful than LX150? Cos the power and handling of LX put me off, although i perfer the look of it compare to GT 200. I m riding GT200 now.

Really? OMG OMG. How much for the new one? Issit more powerful than LX150? Cos the power and handling of LX put me off, although i perfer the look of it compare to GT 200. I m riding GT200 now.

The Vespa S in Singapore is the 125cc version, so power will be around the same as the LX150 at best. Haven't ridden one before so I can't confirm, but logically speaking it should work that way... The engine of the S can't be that highly tuned like a sports bike or something.

HEY GUYS....i really need ur response pretty quick...today, i was abt to start my Gt200 but it cudnt start...i suspect that i need to change the batt...coz when i turned on my high beam,the head light went Off...so anyone cud pm me where can i get my batt replaced on sun? coz i need to use my bike for work...haiz...wat a bad day for me....

im tinking of upgrading the engine but wondering if there is a 1 to 1 direct replacement w/o the need to go thru heavy modifications. can anyone recommend me any shop?

will there be complications as to whether there is a need to replace the transmission box to cater to higher power ?

No more regrets.

im tinking of upgrading the engine but wondering if there is a 1 to 1 direct replacement w/o the need to go thru heavy modifications. can anyone recommend me any shop?

will there be complications as to whether there is a need to replace the transmission box to cater to higher power ?

hmmm.... paiseh,upgrading of engine in which sense? so far, based on what i know there is no such services of 1 to 1 replacements unless u mean something like change piston, block etc etc....

There is bound to be plentiful of complications when u replace the transmission area...... eg; change to polini or malossi kit will result in more freq svc and lower fuel comsumption......

all depends on what u are looking at.... scooters in general not meant for racing......

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/S1030017.jpg (Nite Mode)

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/Daymode-1.jpg(Day Mode)

Always Contactable at 92745438

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/305719-lt-CMO-gt-Mobile-Grooming-for-your-bike-at-your-place-)

ok thanks.

actually im very new to engine modification. im thinking if its possible to change the engine to a 250cc engine?

can be done if the holders are the same... but it's 100 percent illegal cos changing of engine is not allow in singapore....

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/S1030017.jpg (Nite Mode)

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/Daymode-1.jpg(Day Mode)

Always Contactable at 92745438

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/305719-lt-CMO-gt-Mobile-Grooming-for-your-bike-at-your-place-)