SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF VespaNet Cafe 2009 GT/LX/PX/ET

Brembo

Just got my gts300 in white this afternoon. True that build quality compromised by cost cutting at factory. Chrome stickers peeling off, non-functioning left signal and vibration which require engine tuning. But simply beautiful. Personally felt the ride is very similar to gt200 which i previously own.

Went Piaggio they also told me to use glue to fixed those Chrome stickers.

Observe some vibration at idle but after few days of running in seems better

just my nonsense

:cool:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, i've just started taking my class 2b and am looking to get either a vespa gt200 or an lx/lxv150.. can anyone advise on which is better for a first time rider, and what kind of price range i should be looking at in terms of insurance, road tax and coe, warranty and servicings inclusive?

thanks!

The LXV150 isn't available in Singapore, as far as I know. GT200 can go faster and is slightly wider, but older. The LX150 on the other hand is arguably more reliable due, cos it's air-cooled rather than liquid-cooled like the GT200.

Road tax is about $60 a year for the LX150 and the COE fluctuates with each bidding cycle. As for insurance, it all depends on your age group. Best to check with a bike shop.

• 2 weeks later...
TourXcross and STan38.....care to share how much you guys paid for your GTS 300?

machine price should b around $9k

+ 7%G$T

+ COE~900+

+ 1/2 year road tax

+ 2nd Party in$urance (me > 30+)

+ New Slim IU

+ tran$fer fee, document admin charge$...

all in $11.3k OTR but original Vespa box not inclusive... $580 + 7%G$T

anyone knows where got sell 2nd hand LX? or anyone here selling? let me know. Thanks.

A relationship is like a rose, How long it lasts, no one knows; Love can erase an awful past, Love can be yours, you'll see at last; To feel that love, it makes you sigh, To have it leave, you'd rather die; You hope you've found that special rose, 'Cause you love and care for the one you chose.

guys, can share what's ur thoughts on the GT300 ? is the quality good? i used to ride a vintage vespa ... now i'm riding R6...but seldom got chance to ride it due to work. been riding tourer and sportsbike sian liao... was thinking of getting scooter. vespa suits me well now. old liao.. haha initially choosing st200, but seems like it's very problematic and high maintenance. i hope GT300 is better.

guys, can share what's ur thoughts on the GT300 ? is the quality good? i used to ride a vintage vespa ... now i'm riding R6...but seldom got chance to ride it due to work. been riding tourer and sportsbike sian liao... was thinking of getting scooter. vespa suits me well now. old liao.. haha initially choosing st200, but seems like it's very problematic and high maintenance. i hope GT300 is better.

same here, RVF Sports, VFR sports Tourer sianz already...

Generally, Vespa is more economical and easy to commute and park in a busy city.

1st of all i love the sitting posture, leg room, storage-room and last of all of course cool-cool-birdie if u get what i mean:)

But having said so, i observed that probably its native design and posture causing much wind resistance once above 90km/h

Also observed GTS300 have much vibration as compare to other auto-Vespa.

Of course the handling n top speed cant compare to those sport bikes i've ridden, but at least it has a smooth acceleration which is enough for legal speed limit on local roads

Cant comment much on the maintenance yet cos just got a month, but definitely lesser engine oil change~1litre+ and better fuel consumption~28-30km/L

The kinda of feeling on scooter is a very relax journey and even when other fast vehicle fly past, just cant be bothered... cos u r on a Vespa

same here, RVF Sports, VFR sports Tourer sianz already...

Generally, Vespa is more economical and easy to commute and park in a busy city.

1st of all i love the sitting posture, leg room, storage-room and last of all of course cool-cool-birdie if u get what i mean:)

But having said so, i observed that probably its native design and posture causing much wind resistance once above 90km/h

Also observed GTS300 have much vibration as compare to other auto-Vespa.

Of course the handling n top speed cant compare to those sport bikes i've ridden, but at least it has a smooth acceleration which is enough for legal speed limit on local roads

Cant comment much on the maintenance yet cos just got a month, but definitely lesser engine oil change~1litre+ and better fuel consumption~28-30km/L

The kinda of feeling on scooter is a very relax journey and even when other fast vehicle fly past, just cant be bothered... cos u r on a Vespa

thanks. gonna check out a white one by this month

300 but only 278cc..they should call it GT280 :cheeky:

insurance cheap for this model? my R6.. ntuc charge me $408

$200 for vespa? haha

thanks. gonna check out a white one by this month

300 but only 278cc..they should call it GT280 :cheeky:

insurance cheap for this model? my R6.. ntuc charge me $408

$200 for vespa? haha

Dun worry as the insurance is definitely much cheaper than Big Bull and i still got back some balance rebate from my previous VFR. My 2nd Party for Vespa is $200+

Check those front chrome-grill-rubber-tubes as it tends to peel off...

Instruction the bikeshop NEVER TO DRILL ANY HOLES on the Vespa to install the IU unit which is solely ONLY use in SG.....

Most likely they will install a lousy IU bracket which will rust sooner or later as it is expose underneath the jacked-up left mirror and worst is prolong vibration may cause the screw-thread of the mirror to be damaged...

Went with another Vespa to weld the IU bracket to the mirror in AMK Seng Kwang. Dun worry because Gilbert did a very good job and we r very satisfied with his service:)

Perform a functional electrical signals check and physical appearance check and make sure they top up the coolant and it should come with those package tools as stated in the operator manual.

Dun worry as the insurance is definitely much cheaper than Big Bull and i still got back some balance rebate from my previous VFR. My 2nd Party for Vespa is $200+

Check those front chrome-grill-rubber-tubes as it tends to peel off...

Instruction the bikeshop NEVER TO DRILL ANY HOLES on the Vespa to install the IU unit which is solely ONLY use in SG.....

Most likely they will install a lousy IU bracket which will rust sooner or later as it is expose underneath the jacked-up left mirror and worst is prolong vibration may cause the screw-thread of the mirror to be damaged...

Went with another Vespa to weld the IU bracket to the mirror in AMK Seng Kwang. Dun worry because Gilbert did a very good job and we r very satisfied with his service:)

Perform a functional electrical signals check and physical appearance check and make sure they top up the coolant and it should come with those package tools as stated in the operator manual.

thanks for the tip!

Hi guys, is there anybody interested in getting the GTS3OO topbox? The local dealer don't include it, unlike GT200. It is retailing at $580 without GST in Singapore. I am going to Italy next week and I'm sure it's cheaper. Mine's a white GTS300, so do sms me at 9785 4055 with your colour and I may be able to help you make your purchase in Milan.

Anyway joining in the discussion on the GTS300 IU bracket. Why not go to Tong Aik opposite Laselle School of the Arts. They installed it beside the front suspension, effectively hiding it. At only $28! Apparently Gilbert from AMK charges $80 to install it on the mirror handle. I'm spoiling his business but how many GTS out there anyway so take it easy gilbert.. Tong Aik's IU bracket really looks much better, so good that i initially intended to keep it a secret cos everybody looks at my IU and says hey bro, how come your IU there. hmmm..

No kidding for the top box...wow, i'm very sure i didn't got it for that price....Good to see so many ppl riding GTS300ie....

I'm also riding one, and it's about 4mths old already....still look new and till now i clocked closed to 3k mileage already....fantastic ride i would say....nimble nimble and classic look!!!

Germany :cheeky: Germany

GTS Super 300ie Riders

Rosso Dragon Red

sky55, ashenZ

Nero Lucido Optic White

STAN38,

Montebianco Shiny Black

TourXcrosS,

so NiteKidz on which color?

GTS300 riders kindly please add-on to the list

Thanks in advance

Edited by TourXcrosS

Hi guys, is there anybody interested in getting the GTS3OO topbox? The local dealer don't include it, unlike GT200. It is retailing at $580 without GST in Singapore. I am going to Italy next week and I'm sure it's cheaper. Mine's a white GTS300, so do sms me at 9785 4055 with your colour and I may be able to help you make your purchase in Milan.

Lucky for u~

I ordered mine from Piaggio....

and it is going 4 months since i ordered and paid up.... @ dat exorbitant price...

AND STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED!!!!

And all they tell me is... " You wait loh"!!!! at least give a definite time frame.... :sian:

Full of crap... had enough of the bad services and attitude for the price they are charging....

will be posting and doing an online poll on Piaggio/ADH incompetency and ultra lousy services.... Will be linking it to Italy Head Office as well...

Watch out for the polls in Vesporean Forums... Feel Free to voice your thoughts... This will get Piaggio/ADH attention on how many dissatisfied Piaggio customers are there....

http://martymcfry.com/images/limpdick2.jpg

'01 - Honda Repsol

'03 - Honda Super Four VTec Spec II

'04 - Honda ST1100 Pan European

'05 - Yamaha FJR1300A (FAVORITE!! Best Ride ever!!)

'09 - Vespa GTS300 Super

'12 - Yamaha FZ1-N

Future - Kymco Downtown 350i, Xciting 400 or T-Max 530?

Lucky for u~

I ordered mine from Piaggio....

and it is going 4 months since i ordered and paid up.... @ dat exorbitant price...

AND STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED!!!!

And all they tell me is... " You wait loh"!!!! at least give a definite time frame.... :sian:

Full of crap... had enough of the bad services and attitude for the price they are charging....

will be posting and doing an online poll on Piaggio/ADH incompetency and ultra lousy services.... Will be linking it to Italy Head Office as well...

Watch out for the polls in Vesporean Forums... Feel Free to voice your thoughts... This will get Piaggio/ADH attention on how many dissatisfied Piaggio customers are there....

i fully support u!!!

Feel like shooting mail to their Italy HQ how lousy their service is...