SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SHOEI GT Air

A new Shoei fullface helmet with slide down sun visor.

Does anyone know of the price & availability in SG or tried this helmet before? Thanks.

http://jp.shoei.com/products/en/images/helmet0404/mainimg.jpg?1361347188

http://gt-air.shoei-europe.com/projects/gt-air/images/pool/visor_Air.png

http://gt-air.shoei-europe.com/projects/gt-air/images/pool/colors_gt.png

Edited by kentat

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very chio. does chong aik have them yet?

i called chong aik yesterday and no stock. they werent even sure if they will ever have it

same story with regina...who said 4 weeks ETA. although i dont trust them cos earlier in the day, they said 1 week lol

i just went and tried other shoei for size and ordered online on revzilla

i called chong aik yesterday and no stock. they werent even sure if they will ever have it

same story with regina...who said 4 weeks ETA. although i dont trust them cos earlier in the day, they said 1 week lol

i just went and tried other shoei for size and ordered online on revzilla

if im not mistaken, Shoei have 2 head fitting. euro fit and asian fit. revzilla should be euro fit and it might not be as comfortable compre to asian one.

Ride fast, die young. Ride safe, live long

The shell size of the GT air same as other models meh? And revilla don't have the design I want..

all shoei FF should be same cutting. but those that u tired at CA should be asian fitting while revilla should be euro fitting. thus it might not be the same.

Ride fast, die young. Ride safe, live long

i have a Neotec ordered from Jpn. They have the easy clip type chin strap. It is very convy compare with most Euro/US spec using DD ring strap. U mean consider order from Jpn via http://global.rakuten.com/en/ like my Neotec. Rakuten market place has many choices from different stores, just like Amazon. Thanks.

Care to share the shopping experience with Rakuten? Price wise is very competitive compare to local agent. How long does the shipping takes? Thanks.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8475/cbrnaked.jpg

how much do u pay for shipping with revzilla and rakuten? if we are in US at least we just anyhow buy not happy can return..haha

that journey series look damn sick..awesome

Be a HERO

Add this Space For your Meat Fix: https://www.facebook.com/JamesButcheryCo?fref=ts

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt299/Az_itsme/20140621_182817.jpg

how much do u pay for shipping with revzilla and rakuten? if we are in US at least we just anyhow buy not happy can return..haha

that journey series look damn sick..awesome

revzilla wont ship shoei products to singapore due to restrictions imposed by shoei so i had to use hopshopgo. the total came out to $640 USD. i think i may have overpaid but i was getting impatient LOL. i also chose revzilla because i had wanted the ability to return in case of size mismatch.

if im not mistaken, Shoei have 2 head fitting. euro fit and asian fit. revzilla should be euro fit and it might not be as comfortable compre to asian one.

i am an indian (yes i know we are asian too lol) but i am hoping that the revzilla euro fit works for me. lets see. fingers crossed.

I know the size since I owned few Shoei. I ordered my Neotec via Rakuten before CA stock it. Free shipping to my fren in Jpn in 2 days. My jpnese fren hand carry back to Msia for me. Sorry, I m Malaysian. Helmet import needs permit. But GT Air heard the sizing is smaller than usual. I dont dare to buy online.

I fall-in-love with the slide-down sun visor on my Neotec. That's why very keen on GT Air. Emailed CA they said will be in stock on July. Will arrange to travel down SG for it.

I know the size since I owned few Shoei. I ordered my Neotec via Rakuten before CA stock it. Free shipping to my fren in Jpn in 2 days. My jpnese fren hand carry back to Msia for me. Sorry, I m Malaysian. Helmet import needs permit. But GT Air heard the sizing is smaller than usual. I dont dare to buy online.

I fall-in-love with the slide-down sun visor on my Neotec. That's why very keen on GT Air. Emailed CA they said will be in stock on July. Will arrange to travel down SG for it.

Thanks for the reply.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8475/cbrnaked.jpg

final update guys...my gt-air matte black came in today from Revzilla/HopShopGo.

Size M of my Gt-Air (euro fit?) fits exactly the same as the Size M of a generic Shoei (cant recall model) I tried at Regina (asian fit?)

As previously stated, I am an indian male

Total damage (helmet + shipping + GST) $640 USD.

• 2 weeks later...
final update guys...my gt-air matte black came in today from Revzilla/HopShopGo.

Size M of my Gt-Air (euro fit?) fits exactly the same as the Size M of a generic Shoei (cant recall model) I tried at Regina (asian fit?)

As previously stated, I am an indian male

Total damage (helmet + shipping + GST) $640 USD.

I've not heard of hopshopgo till now. I've always used Vpost, but of late they have become pretty expensive. Would you happen to know how HopShopGo stacks up? In terms of service, delivery time and rates?

I've not heard of hopshopgo till now. I've always used Vpost, but of late they have become pretty expensive. Would you happen to know how HopShopGo stacks up? In terms of service, delivery time and rates?

i cannot say how it compares to other services as its my first time using any such service. its a subsidiary of paypal so i felt safe. shipping was pretty fast according to me. it shipped out from oregon, US on Wed and arrived on monday (it was actually in sgp on Sat but DHL doesnt deliver on weekends). including GST, i ended up paying $120US for shipping. yes its expensive but i think the shipping got jacked up since they charge by volumetric weight and not actual weight. so my 6lb package endded up being 8kg! ridiculous. other than that, i was OK with the overall experience.

i cannot say how it compares to other services as its my first time using any such service. its a subsidiary of paypal so i felt safe. shipping was pretty fast according to me. it shipped out from oregon, US on Wed and arrived on monday (it was actually in sgp on Sat but DHL doesnt deliver on weekends). including GST, i ended up paying $120US for shipping. yes its expensive but i think the shipping got jacked up since they charge by volumetric weight and not actual weight. so my 6lb package endded up being 8kg! ridiculous. other than that, i was OK with the overall experience.

I not sure if hopshopgo has a repacking service. If it does, they could repack it for you for a fee to reduce the price of shipping. I know borderlinx has, but requires a citibank credit card. from 3kg to 8kg is alot.

Get $10 off at www.iherb.com with coupon code SUP186 for first time customer!

I not sure if hopshopgo has a repacking service. If it does, they could repack it for you for a fee to reduce the price of shipping. I know borderlinx has, but requires a citibank credit card. from 3kg to 8kg is alot.

good point. IIRC, i think the website said repacking was not available for my product...:(

but its def something to keep in mind. i have a Citi card and would love to try borderlinx next time.

Currently using the Neotec. Feel like the front is heavy. Chin bar is too protruding compare with normal fullface. Understand Neotec is flip-up. But GT-Air is using the same visor. Wondering GT-Air having the same shape as front protruding too much...?