SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SHOEI GT Air

hi, i'm new both in the forum and on the road. just wanna share my experience with my Neotec. do take note of my limited experience in helmets.

the helmet's pretty heavy, but that's expected from a modular i guess.

i got a size L black and i thought it was pretty comfy when I tried it at regina. it's got pretty good ventilation from the front/chin, but because of it, i think it's a little louder than it should be.

can see that the helmet is of good quality, it has plush cushioning in the inside, the paint job is good too. the sunshade is awesome too, just wished it came down a little lower.

the only problem i have with it is its weight? i think i've gotten a size larger than what i should be wearing, cuz somehow the helmet seems to be pressing on my forehead after 20-30min of riding. it's front heavy all the time and it causes me headache every time i ride for more than 20mins. i went back to regina to see if i can do anything about it. despite the scary rumors online about their after-sales service, i thought the boss spoke to me very fairly and politely, so thumbs up to them, especially when i'm a noob at such stuff. ultimately, he put a thin sponge at the back of the helmet, between the inner lining and the shell. it's definitely an improvement, the weight became more evenly distributed as the fit became more snug.

any neotec wearers out there facing the same problem? the sponge is a temporary solution, but... it's better than getting heachaches all the time when riding.

hope my experience would help anyone out there facing fitting problems.

on a side note, i'm super attracted to the gt-air. haha! anyone looking to buy my neotec at a lower price, drop me a PM. i'll be sure to get a size M this time round tho. =)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my SHOEI Neotec from Rakuten japan. I send to a fren in japan by free shipping. Very fast delivery even on Sunday.

I just bought a SHOEI GT-Air plain black from a runner in Singapore. $600. He will deliver to me by tomorrow. I m staying in KL.

I have been using my GT-air about a month. I ride daily about 50km to work. From residential area to highway to downtown KL. Overall, very satisfying. Sometimes missed my Neotec flip-up feature when stucked in downtown traffic. The only thing i don't like is the stitching on chin curtain cutting thru my face when putting it on/off.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm a newbie... Just gotten my shoei gt air from Regina yesterday. Was recommended a large but insisted on a xlarge because it felt really tight. When back read the fitting guide and realised that I should have really gotten a large based on my head circumference. Newbie like me, I'll really recommend reading more about the fitting guide before rushing into buying one. My mistake... Hope other newbies don't make the same mistake.

Sent from my SM-P905 using Tapatalk

I'm a newbie... Just gotten my shoei gt air from Regina yesterday. Was recommended a large but insisted on a xlarge because it felt really tight. When back read the fitting guide and realised that I should have really gotten a large based on my head circumference. Newbie like me, I'll really recommend reading more about the fitting guide before rushing into buying one. My mistake... Hope other newbies don't make the same mistake.

How much was the helmet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I also made the same mistake like u, I bought a size:XL GT-Air last month, used only few times and I feel it's too big for me.

I bought a white with black strip at S$560 from Regina, I am willing to let go at S$500 cash.

Condition 9.99/10

Soft bag, box, anti-fog all go with helmet.

Interested please SMS or watsapp me at 97437711.

Thanks

Edited by kawleymax

1994-TZR125> 1996-Super4> 1998-Vmax'95> 1999-ZX9R(B1)> 2001-ZX9R(E1) & Baja250> 2003-VstromDL1000> 2008-883R> 2010-Vmax'98> 2014-S4RS'10> 2014-Vmax1700'09> 2015-MotoGuzzi V7 racer'13> 2016-KTM 1190 Adventure R...

You make no sense. You rather blindly follow a paper guide rather than how the helmet feels while wearing?? If you felt better on a XL and too tight on a L.... then disregard what the fitting guide says.

#ShutUp_and_Ride

The pads will settle after a while. When I got my helmet I also thought I made a mistake in getting too small, but after about 1 or 2 wears, it now sits comfortably and snugly. But different people have different shaped heads and not all brands will fit everyone I guess.

You make no sense. You rather blindly follow a paper guide rather than how the helmet feels while wearing?? If you felt better on a XL and too tight on a L.... then disregard what the fitting guide says.

You are right but only up to the point when I first tried on the helmet. After almost a month now, it's not as snug as I think it should be. I do agree with you that I should not follow the theory strictly.

You are right but only up to the point when I first tried on the helmet. After almost a month now, it's not as snug as I think it should be. I do agree with you that I should not follow the theory strictly.

One good way to judge if the helmet is too loose is to wear it and shake your head left and right. The helmet should remain firm and not shift. For the other spectrum of if it's too tight, it's really dependent on how you feel when wearing it. It should be comfortable but feels firm and secure. If you feel some pain then definitely it's too tight and no amount of wearing will 'season' the padding enough.

#ShutUp_and_Ride

Thanks paikia, I think that's a good rule of thumb to follow.

No worries.... u should see the number of helmets I have. And that's after I sold quite a few away. Hahahaa!!!

Maybe I should sell a couple away to make room for new ones. Hehehe

#ShutUp_and_Ride