SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Looking for CBR 918/919 Riders

Blade900

Originally posted by Blade900@Dec 9 2004, 11:08 AM

Undertaker, you got name also or not?

Hey, you guys Singaporeans or Malaysians ah? How come your bikes all got Singapore licence plate?

Then Undertaker, your CBR group in Malacca, they are all Singaporeans or Malaysians? And their bikes are Singapore registered also?

Anyway, where's a good place to paint bike?

I have Factory jets in my bike, put in by previous owner. Don't know the difference between the original jets and the Factory jets. But I still feel my bike not that fast lah... so maybe the Factory jets not good enough....

Actually, i'm biased,... cuz I'm comparing to my previous bike. I owned a Blackbird for one year before I sold it and bought the CBR900.

So, after riding the Blackbird, that's why I feel my CBR900 still not powerful enough.

Mark, nice knowin u...my name is Jo Han

My group here r all malaysians, oni my bike and another 929 is spore registered. the rest are malaysian registered bikes :cheeky:

about painting bikes, how much does it cost to do powder coating paint for a bike ? in msia it cost like RM1800 +/-

wat i heard about factory jets compared to dynojet is the factory has better pickup. dynojet has better mid n top end.

of course the power btw a blackbird n a blade is very different. should try taking ur blade to blast some tight corners n u will feel the difference imo

we enjoy the blade here when doing hard corners....however when cruising on the highway we did wish we have a blackbird :hungry:

Yesterday was history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a blessing. I love today.

1998: honda hurricane

1999: Rxz, TXR150 gamma

2000: L2s turbo

2001: ZXR250

2002: RS125

2003: CBR900

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g43/FireBLade9282/SBFpic.jpg

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by CBR fire_Blade@Dec 9 2004, 03:04 PM

Knowing dat there are few model 4 Blade 900 like RRS.....so ani1 noe got how mani model ?:confused:

got 3 generations of CBR900, duration for the production of 92-99

1992: CBR 900 RR-N

1993: CBR 900 RR-P

1994: CBR 900 RR-R

1995:CBR 900 RR-S

1996: CBR 900 RR-T

1997: CBR 900 RR-V

1998: CBR 900 RR-W

1999: CBR 900 RR-X

'92-'95 models are the 893cc engine, except for the 1995 model has the "foxeye" front headlight similar to the '96 models.

'96-'97 is the 919 cc engine, n some parts redesigned such as clutch, radiator, swingarm, forks, meter gear sensors, rear tailboard, 525 size chain + sprockets, etc

'98-99 still the same 919 engine except for redesigned fairings n a lighter titanium muffler. also comes with a nicer meter panel.

Originally posted by CBR fire_Blade@Dec 10 2004, 03:26 PM

Damn detail....:thumb:

btw i dont think there is a 918cc CBR 900. the actual displacement from wat i read is 918.5cc which the manufacturer round it up to 919cc's. pls :gun: me if i am wrong... :shy:

Anyone buying my dynojet stage 1 kit? for 96-97 model.

http://forum.17pouces.net/images/header_forumv4_02.jpg

These are the years when a boy changes into the man he's gonna become the rest of his life, just be careful who you change into. Remember with great power comes great responsibility.

Originally posted by torque@Dec 13 2004, 05:28 PM

Anyone buying my dynojet stage 1 kit? for 96-97 model.

i actually looking for dynojet, if urs can fit my '94 europe spec then i will definitely consider.

I just checked... mine is the RRT model.... 1996... and the engine is 919cc, not 918...

Not bad ah Johan... you really know your bikes...

Eh... my bike suddenly not so smooth already.... when I maintain throttle at any speed, the engine is not so smooth anymore... can feel the bike slightly jerking...

I always hate this... If you never touch your bike, sure got no problem.... but once you go to a mechanic to fix something, sure something else will spoil... for the last 9 months, I never did anything to my bike and it was smooth ( a bit raw but smooth)... now, after I serviced the carburretor,etc my wiring socket kena burn (must replace... cost $105 including labour) and my bike engine not so smooth anymore... sigh...

the woes of riding a second hand bike.... don't know what nonsense the other previous riders did to the bike...

When I sold my Blackbird, the buyer actually came back and told me that my bike was in excellent condition, just like it was brand new.... the bike was 1 year old when I sold it, but because I really took care of the bike, it was in tip top condition....

There was one time, I lost balance in the car park and my Blackbird was going to fall.... I used all my strength to hold it up and prevent it from touching the floor. The bike didn't suffer, but after that, I had chialat back pain... had to go to sinseh to massage.

One day... I will find a way to buy a new bike again.... then I can really maintain the bike in perfect condition.... but for now... must save every cent I have.... got wedding net year.... you guys sure invited one...

Fireblade 919

BURN RUBBER NOT YOUR SOUL

Originally posted by Blade900@Dec 13 2004, 11:43 PM

I always hate this... If you never touch your bike, sure got no problem.... but once you go to a mechanic to fix something, sure something else will spoil... for the last 9 months, I never did anything to my bike and it was smooth ( a bit raw but smooth)... now, after I serviced the carburretor,etc my wiring socket kena burn (must replace... cost $105 including labour) and my bike engine not so smooth anymore... sigh...

the woes of riding a second hand bike.... don't know what nonsense the year old when I sold it, but because I really took care of the bike, other previous riders did to the bike...

there must be something wrong with ur mech lor if like dat. i never had any problems after i fix my bike with my mech. here if service carbs + vacuum tuning will oni cost RM120. guess the socket u really kena :gun: lor. i had some wiring work done including changing some sockets n it oni cost me abt RM90. was a 3 day job, very neatly done. honestly, u really need to find a damn good n dedicated mech to do the job, else ur bike will end up becoming worse n worse.

of cos 2nd hand bikes r bound to have some problems, the matter is whether how bad the problem is. as i said, really gotta have a good mech to solve the problems exactly, as well as need to standby some $$$ :faint:

Originally posted by Blade900@Dec 13 2004, 11:48 PM

Here is a pic of my Blade....

very nice bike u have there. paintwork is superb lah :lovestruck:

btw have u come across any rear tail fairing (with the 2 shark fins) ? i desperately looking for a 2nd hand wan cos mine the brackets oredi broken after an accident.

it'll be great if u can help me to look out for a set of '96 rear tail or even a 98 model also can. :thumb:

I prefer tail of model 98...look veri nice...

got wedding net year.... you guys sure invited one...

Sure , confirm will attend!

To bad i married liao, no change to revange....:cry:

Planning to get 'small fish'{mandarin} :cheeky:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha....juz joking...

My wife oredi naging quite sometime after i getting my dis 'big toy' but aniway i luv my 'blade'...:smile:

Mi will going there at 18th abt 12pm ...

so Mark wen decide to go?

We can meet there n hav a nice chat ,having ice kopi n meantime looking 4 some stuff 4 our bike...

Sms mi if u decide to go...

my contack no: 97688666

So Jo Han anithings wan mi to look 4 u?

Event: SingaporeBikes.com Anniversary 2004

Venue: East Coast Park Carpark C4 (Beside tennis court near macdonalds)

Date: 18th & 19th December 2004

Time: 9am till 6pm.

Parking Lots: Carpark C4.

Louis, i dun think will be going there la...most prolly i will go spore in jan 3rd week to renew road tax + insurance. btw u guys got any accesories or spare parts wanna let go? mi looking for the front disc rotors, rear tail fairings....

Originally posted by CBR fire_Blade@Dec 17 2004, 12:36 PM

So...Mark do remember buy rose n pin on ur pocket {easy to reconize} :D

Like old time pan pal dating hor.....so exicting:cheeky:

guys, so any updates from the sporebikes gathering?

Originally posted by CBR fire_Blade@Dec 6 2004, 03:58 PM

Event: SingaporeBikes.com Anniversary 2004

Venue: East Coast Park Carpark C4 (Beside tennis court near macdonalds)

Date: 18th & 19th December 2004

Time: 9am till 6pm.

Parking Lots: Carpark C4.

hehe i meant this one. not gathering but anniversary :) :bouncefire:

Wen there at 12pm n they juz start set up the stall....n chating wif Shah from Biketech 21, he strongly recomend his 'arrow full system' but unfortunately this full system not suit to our bike...:cry:

After wen back office......

Mark call at 2.45pm said his area still raining...

Afternoon from 2pm to 4pm heavy rain.....cannot got.

Come back from JB to East Cost at 7pm, saw a few Biker still haging there chating n finally noe whose is our famous Moderator "Andy".....

Afterdat buy a pair of 'Alpenstar' hanglove at $79 ...

Decide to go off....suddenly saw a few blader coming over...dun noe who???

Try call Mark but can't get him....so went off home liao.

End Story...

:cheeky:

Louis... you called me? How come I never got your call?

Anyway, I went East Coast on Sunday about 5pm... Many of them were already closing. But there were still a lot of bikers around. Some were doing stunts on the YZ125...

Apparently, somebody told me that in the afternoon, they had lots of lucky draws. And then, all you have to do is go up to them, tell them who organised the event and they'll give you a full-face helmet free! Walau eh...

After that, I went to the East Coast hawker centre and paid a lot of money for really horrible food... WHAT A BUMMER!! The food there sucks! The bloody oyster omelette cost $8 and it was so little... then the Char Kuay Teow tasted like sweet black sauce rubber bands... and the Hokkien Mee tasted tasteless.... and the BBQ chicken wings were so dry.... I'm never going to eat there again... I'd rather eat sand...

Johan... my paintwork is original paintjob.... never resprayed before...

Anybody knows if you change to a bigger rear sprocket, does your chain snap a lot more? Cuz I experience a lot of chain snap since I changed my chain and sprocket... everytime I slow down (without clutch-in or changing gear), the chain will start to snap and make a lot of noise... My chain is always lubricated with chain lube so I know it's not dry...:confused:

Fireblade 919

Johan... who's you mechanic?

Louis.. who's your mechanic?

Walau eh... I think I need to change mechanic boy... my mechanic always makes me feel damn scared to go to him...

Then..now my bike is not so smooth anymore... before I serviced, it was smoother than now...

Fireblade 919

Originally posted by Blade900@Dec 21 2004, 01:21 PM

Johan... who's you mechanic?

Louis.. who's your mechanic?

Walau eh... I think I need to change mechanic boy... my mechanic always makes me feel damn scared to go to him...

Then..now my bike is not so smooth anymore... before I serviced, it was smoother than now...

mark, my mech is in malacca wan...too far for ur reach leh hehe...if u said after servicing ur bike become not smooth, i guess the problem should be with the carbs synchronising as well the valve clearance. should not be other problems concerning the engine.

btw did he service ur air filter? if got u can take out ur tank, check the filter whether if its over oiled with the filter oil. cos when i service my air filter (K&N) i will lube it n leave it abt 2 days to dry. if the thing is over oiled, it will cause ur bike to choke n spatter. then u gotta re-wash it n change ur spark plugs again.

so pls take note n be alert where u take ur bike for servicing.

abt ur sprocket, wat size of the rear spocket u r using? original is 43. if it snaps, should be your front spocket worn out, or the chain is adjusted way too tight or too loose.

do try to check whether the chain got freeplay or not, if its tight better get it adjusted fast. else gonna screw up ur whole chain system.