Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website such as:

    • Forums
    • Blogs
    • Picture/Video Gallery
    • Motorcycle Clubs
    • Event Calendar
    • and many more!

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Suzuki SV 400/650/1000


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Yeoman@Nov 28 2004, 01:43 PM

Hi Guys,

 

I just happen to own this rare 2A beauty recently. Here is a pic of it for you guys to take a look at how does it look like. :smile:

this bike lks familiar.. did u try 2 sell it @yahoo b4...

or u bought it fr the seller @yahoo..

i rmbr its a red FS plate n full fairing ver..

the owner was kinda desparate 2 sell it..

FOR SALE (PM for more details)

-inline hockey guards,stick, gloves,pants

-ipod shuffle, 1GB, red, limited edition

Link to post
Share on other sites

hey.. it looks very similar to the bigger brudder, suzuki sv650. i mean the older model of sv650.. :smile:

<u>PASSION</u> : Strong emotion, Great enthusiasm.

 

Riders' passion is to ride.

 

Its NOT from point A to point B that a rider enjoy,

its DURING point A to point B that he enjoy..

 

http://www.hondahornet.co.uk/images/cb9001.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Ravon11@Nov 30 2004, 11:50 AM

hey.. it looks very similar to the bigger brudder, suzuki sv650. i mean the older model of sv650.. :smile:

There are no differences ont he 400 and 650 as the 650 is just a big bore version based on 400, every engine and electrical parts is the same, only different is the 39mm of carb and bigger size of pistons... :smile:

 

It look almost exactly like the TLR1000S street version without twin exhaust also...

 

A class 2A bike with all the class 2 identification.... :thumb:

http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/bike/enduro/r1200gsa/media/overview_my_2012/340x230_r1200gsa_5.jpg

 

 

Adventures complete your life......

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by fooz@Nov 30 2004, 09:22 AM

this bike lks familiar.. did u try 2 sell it @yahoo b4...

or u bought it fr the seller @yahoo..

i rmbr its a red FS plate n full fairing ver..

the owner was kinda desparate 2 sell it..

Good memory... I am the winner of that particular auction. :smile:

 

Surprise to see that there are quite a number of people who know this rare 2A beau. As I am still quite new to this machine, I am afraid I could not share much on it. All I can say is that this machine is definitely fiercer than my previous vtec1. :sweat: However, the machine do require some maintenance and touch up job due to the previous owner lack of care. Anyone care to intro any good workshops that I can go to for a good tune job as well as respray? :confused:

 

:btw: What is akraprovic system? :confused:

Life is about the freedom of choice

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Yeoman@Nov 30 2004, 08:29 PM

Good memory... I am the winner of that particular auction. :smile:

 

Surprise to see that there are quite a number of people who know this rare 2A beau. As I am still quite new to this machine, I am afraid I could not share much on it. All I can say is that this machine is definitely fiercer than my previous vtec1. :sweat: However, the machine do require some maintenance and touch up job due to the previous owner lack of care. Anyone care to intro any good workshops that I can go to for a good tune job as well as respray? :confused:

 

:btw: What is akraprovic system? :confused:

Eh bro, pm u also no reply....??

 

Why u wan 2 re-spray? Yr color look sui leh...

 

Wan 2 fix the akraprovic street legal exhaust or not? I also think of it....

http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/bike/enduro/r1200gsa/media/overview_my_2012/340x230_r1200gsa_5.jpg

 

 

Adventures complete your life......

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Runner TYPE R@Nov 30 2004, 10:51 PM

Eh bro, pm u also no reply....??

 

Why u wan 2 re-spray? Yr color look sui leh...

 

Wan 2 fix the akraprovic street legal exhaust or not? I also think of it....

Hi man,

 

Paiseh paiseh... I didnt notice that you got pm me. Will jio you out for kopi when free. :thirsty: hee hee... I wanna respray cos my bike was dropped by the previous owner/s several times, resulting in scratches and cracks along the bodywork both sides. :pity: I am considering of fitting the akraprovic exhaust system since my current exhaust has a dent on it. How much does it cost? :confused:

Life is about the freedom of choice

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by fooz@Nov 30 2004, 10:22 PM

wah... coz i nearly wanted 2bid 4 it oso...

hw much did u win the bid4?

 

i rmbr the last bid was ard 4k...

Sorry, I cant disclose my winning bid for personal reasons. :sorry:

Life is about the freedom of choice

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Yeoman@Dec 1 2004, 08:15 PM

Hi man,

 

Paiseh paiseh... I didnt notice that you got pm me. Will jio you out for kopi when free. :thirsty: hee hee... I wanna respray cos my bike was dropped by the previous owner/s several times, resulting in scratches and cracks along the bodywork both sides. :pity: I am considering of fitting the akraprovic exhaust system since my current exhaust has a dent on it. How much does it cost? :confused:

I asked b4, about $800/- for titanium....not bad leh...but super loud leh somemore not approved for 400 only for 650...:giddy:

 

How bout Yoshi? LTA approved for our model leh....:cheeky:

 

Come out kopi then we see how bad yr paint work then decide where to go for spray.....sekali touch up ok liao.....save $$$...

http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/bike/enduro/r1200gsa/media/overview_my_2012/340x230_r1200gsa_5.jpg

 

 

Adventures complete your life......

Link to post
Share on other sites

ivan,

Urs is SVS version rite? Fix the hose clips oredi?

 

I must say for a Vtwin engine this bike really save petrol man :D I always hear bout Vtwin drinking :p or if wrong pls pardon my lack of knowledge...

 

kenneth

Kenneth ;)

 

Leisure riding...explore riding... but not FREE RIDING

 

Telur sebiji, riuh sekampung! - (Direct translation) Lay one egg, tell whole village

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by reddy@Dec 2 2004, 10:11 AM

wow a stunning beauty man...v twin somemore. a good alternatives to a monster. how come i never see this bike on the road before...hmm

its a rare beauty for the ones who can appreciate it

To be old and wise, u gotta be young and stupid

 

在绝望中坚强

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by chee_teck@Dec 2 2004, 12:33 AM

ivan,

Urs is SVS version rite? Fix the hose clips oredi?

 

I must say for a Vtwin engine this bike really save petrol man :D I always hear bout Vtwin drinking :p or if wrong pls pardon my lack of knowledge...

 

kenneth

Hose clip all done up...:thumb:

 

Actually nothing wrong about the clip, just that the hose top slot in wrong hole then cause pressure cant escape, that's why the bottom hose keep coming out.... :giddy:

 

I think I wash bike time anyhow slot in the hose so causing hose slip.... :smile:

http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/bike/enduro/r1200gsa/media/overview_my_2012/340x230_r1200gsa_5.jpg

 

 

Adventures complete your life......

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Runner TYPE R@Nov 29 2004, 03:25 PM

The one on Yahoo is a black bike with 37000km on it, dun know genuine or not, 4th owner, no plate I think is FS plate, early 1999 register bike. Overall condition ok la....Worth for value or not it's up to yr own judgement...

 

Precisely the one i'm looking at.

 

How do i access the engine condition for vtwin? assuming there IS a difference?

How would i know if its value for money? IE what's the market rate for this bike now...depreciation..

Postman Eating Inc*

 

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/murano04sfs/38y29ty14.gif

 

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/155006-1/Mascot_scares_girl.gif

 

Squid defination: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squid

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Metalfyre@Dec 2 2004, 01:47 PM

Precisely the one i'm looking at.

 

How do i access the engine condition for vtwin? assuming there IS a difference?

How would i know if its value for money? IE what's the market rate for this bike now...depreciation..

First ask yrself that how much r u willing to pay for that bike? What's yr first feeling about that bike u viewed? Good condition or not? Does it mean the low price alone can make u decide to buy or not....some desperate sellers might anyhow reduce the price to push it away.....then might have some hidden problem or back round... no one can give u any answer...

 

U must ask yrself first b4 accessing any bikes of any conditions u might encourter....

 

There is NO common market rate for a rare bike like this, not like those common bike that u can find easily on the market....u pay for what u like... :smile:

 

Like my bike, bought $12860 last unit of the brand new, 2002 FU plate and kept low mileage like brand new condition at 5200km only and people r offering $7500 only...

 

it is a rare good bike that u dun come across every single day... if I let it go, I will go for the 2005 SV650 also...

http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/bike/enduro/r1200gsa/media/overview_my_2012/340x230_r1200gsa_5.jpg

 

 

Adventures complete your life......

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Yeoman@Dec 1 2004, 08:27 PM

Sorry, I cant disclose my winning bid for personal reasons. :sorry:

haha.. no wories dude... i understd..

 

all the best wiv ur new ride... :thumb:

its a beauty..

FOR SALE (PM for more details)

-inline hockey guards,stick, gloves,pants

-ipod shuffle, 1GB, red, limited edition

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Runner TYPE R@Dec 2 2004, 03:37 PM

First ask yrself that how much r u willing to pay for that bike? What's yr first feeling about that bike u viewed? Good condition or not? Does it mean the low price alone can make u decide to buy or not....some desperate sellers might anyhow reduce the price to push it away.....then might have some hidden problem or back round... no one can give u any answer...

 

U must ask yrself first b4 accessing any bikes of any conditions u might encourter....

 

There is NO common market rate for a rare bike like this, not like those common bike that u can find easily on the market....u pay for what u like... :smile:

 

Like my bike, bought $12860 last unit of the brand new, 2002 FU plate and kept low mileage like brand new condition at 5200km only and people r offering $7500 only...

 

it is a rare good bike that u dun come across every single day... if I let it go, I will go for the 2005 SV650 also...

hey man

thanks for the info n help :)

Postman Eating Inc*

 

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/murano04sfs/38y29ty14.gif

 

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/155006-1/Mascot_scares_girl.gif

 

Squid defination: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squid

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Metalfyre@Dec 2 2004, 11:33 PM

vtwin engine sounds different from inline 4 right?

yeah very different.even different v twin have different sound

To be old and wise, u gotta be young and stupid

 

在绝望中坚强

Link to post
Share on other sites

seems lik a good bike.. wats the 2nd hand price lik..?

can the sv400 riders pls speak out anything regarding the bike..?

:smile: lik the comfort, handling, noise, speed, weight etc comparing to bikes lik s4 or bandit..

<u>PASSION</u> : Strong emotion, Great enthusiasm.

 

Riders' passion is to ride.

 

Its NOT from point A to point B that a rider enjoy,

its DURING point A to point B that he enjoy..

 

http://www.hondahornet.co.uk/images/cb9001.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Metalfyre@Dec 3 2004, 11:24 AM

so if one full tank can go around 300km only...

means there's some problem?

let's say

1) u change e needle in e carb to larger hole, of cos fuel consumption will go down

2) aftermarket exhaust, fuel consumption might go down also (not all)

3) some like it rich thus fuel consumption is higher

 

the 3 examples here r some reason y same bikes have different fuel consumption rate... so depend on wat e previous owner did

higher fuel consumption does not always associate with problems (negative side)

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/10135/ah6406.jpg http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/10135/ah6402.jpg

 

*~it's not WHAT u ride, it's HOW u ride~*

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...