SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by valente19@April 16, 2007 09:27 pm

anyone still their m400 pls pm me!

thanks thanks! :thumb:

i guess its really dead after all the senior ducati monster rider sold their bike.

BORING HERE!!! Neither of the new rider here willing to experiment with their bike

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/antonioshabirto/shoei1.jpg

http://motoplanete.com/mv-agusta/SBR11_MVVRloop.gif

Originally posted by antonioshabirto@April 18, 2007 09:36 pm

i guess its really dead after all the senior ducati monster rider sold their bike.

BORING HERE!!! Neither of the new rider here willing to experiment with their bike

there're many monster lovers here and all wish to own one but then again, m400 is out of production and many owners dont wish to sell theirs and even if they do, the condition is bad.

right now i can only wish that my class 2 is near so that i could get myself a m695. can't wait for that one year to pass by.

If u're patience in one moment of anger, u will avoid 100 days of sorrow.

Originally posted by shinkai@April 19, 2007 06:31 pm

there're many monster lovers here and all wish to own one but then again, m400 is out of production and many owners dont wish to sell theirs and even if they do, the condition is bad.

right now i can only wish that my class 2 is near so that i could get myself a m695. can't wait for that one year to pass by.

bro in the first place ..... most of my kakis has sold off their bikes and there are still few ducatis ard .... depends on how much u want to pay ?

secondly i dont think they have a 700 cc monster unless you are talking about bore kit from a 400c then yes there is.

fyi : you dont need a cl2 to ride a 400cc with bore ....

Originally posted by antonioshabirto@April 22, 2007 02:31 am

bro in the first place ..... most of my kakis has sold off their bikes and there are still few ducatis ard .... depends on how much u want to pay ?

secondly i dont think they have a 700 cc monster unless you are talking about bore kit from a 400c then yes there is.

fyi : you dont need a cl2 to ride a 400cc with bore ....

i'm willing to buy a brand new one, i had called minerva to enquire about m400 and they no longer bring in that :cry: and the closest they have is the 2007 monster 695 :thumb: and yes i need a class2 to ride that monster.

Why don't you get the M1000? The 1000cc DS engine is probably the best air cooled Ducati engine of all (except of course, the newer 1100cc ones, but they aren't available on Monsters, yet )

I think there are afew brand new M1000S left.

Originally posted by nE0@April 22, 2007 11:14 pm

Why don't you get the M1000? The 1000cc DS engine is probably the best air cooled Ducati engine of all (except of course, the newer 1100cc ones, but they aren't available on Monsters, yet )

I think there are afew brand new M1000S left.

still in the mid of considering which ducati to get, my class 2 is still a long way to go so i have ample time to consider but most probably i would get a 2007 (or 2008) monster m695.

Originally posted by shinkai@April 22, 2007 12:01 pm

i'm willing to buy a brand new one, i had called minerva to enquire about m400 and they no longer bring in that :cry: and the closest they have is the 2007 monster 695 :thumb: and yes i need a class2 to ride that monster.

Bro why waste money on the m695 when you can upgrade it from a M600 or m400.

if you get m400 you wont even need a Class 2

just my 2 cent worth.

there's a lot of second hand m400 ard

Originally posted by antonioshabirto@April 23, 2007 12:12 am

bro there is no monster m695 .... only m750 ......

what are u talking abt ...... m695 you talking abt is a bore kit from a m600 or m400.

and you DOnt need a cl2 to ride a m695 unless you get the M600 but not if you get the M400.

Of coz there is no more new m400 but second hand theres a lot.

Bro, the M695 is the new replacement for the ageing M620.

Bigger bore, wet clutch, back torque limiter device (slipper clutch), fuel injected, half maintenance costs etc etc. New generation of Monsters.

Originally posted by shinkai@April 22, 2007 11:39 pm

still in the mid of considering which ducati to get, my class 2 is still a long way to go so i have ample time to consider but most probably i would get a 2007 (or 2008) monster m695.

Go for monster 1000 straight, fyi, the monster 1000 are limited already for new pieces, its an obselete model already like the m400:)

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i167/frederickyap/L1040024.jpg

Guest orangiban

Anybody using the iridium tip spark plug? What are the models i should look for and where can i get them? Btw, riding a m400. Thanx!

Originally posted by nE0@April 23, 2007 12:17 am

Bigger bore, wet clutch, back torque limiter device (slipper clutch), fuel injected, half maintenance costs etc etc. New generation of Monsters.

yes you're right. i wanted to get a m695 is because of the various new functions and upgraded components added into the m695.

Originally posted by nE0@April 23, 2007 12:17 am

ya im aware of that neo .... sorry wasnt aware of the new model

so outdated......sigh

must update myself

Originally posted by antonioshabirto@April 23, 2007 12:12 am

Bro why waste money on the m695 when you can upgrade it from a M600 or m400.

if you get m400 you wont even need a Class 2

just my 2 cent worth.

there's a lot of second hand m400 ard

Hi antonioshabirto,

Won't we have any problem passing inspection? How about ROV checks? Is it easy to detect the big bored engine?

c26492.jpg

Originally posted by yohji@April 23, 2007 07:55 pm

Hi antonioshabirto,

Won't we have any problem passing inspection? How about ROV checks? Is it easy to detect the big bored engine?

If it's discuss openly here, then the ROV, TP and inspection ctr may have to do something lor. If it's done secretly or quietly, then I bet the ROV or TP got better things to do than to spy here.

I think it's not easy to tell if it's big bore or not unless you can place 2 different bores side by side to compare.

Big bore small bore cannot be notice if the bore is not strip off.

Cheers!

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.

Originally posted by vincekam@April 23, 2007 08:19 pm

If it's discuss openly here, then the ROV, TP and inspection ctr may have to do something lor. If it's done secretly or quietly, then I bet the ROV or TP got better things to do than to spy here.

I think it's not easy to tell if it's big bore or not unless you can place 2 different bores side by side to compare.

Big bore small bore cannot be notice if the bore is not strip off.

Cheers!

Ah .... vince, thanks for explaning hehe. That makes me a little bit itchy liao .....

c26492.jpg

Originally posted by yohji@April 23, 2007 08:46 pm

Ah .... vince, thanks for explaning hehe. That makes me a little bit itchy liao .....

Shhhh......

Don't do it here...

You need to talk it over a cuppa ice lemon tea to cool you down...

And also some tissue paper to dry your drool... heh heh heh

Personlly, I think a monster 400 is not complete without loud pipes and big bore.

Heh heh heh

Cheers!

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.

Originally posted by vincekam@April 23, 2007 08:51 pm

Shhhh......

Don't do it here...

You need to talk it over a cuppa ice lemon tea to cool you down...

And also some tissue paper to dry your drool... heh heh heh

Personlly, I think a monster 400 is not complete without loud pipes and big bore.

Heh heh heh

Cheers!

I already got the pipes ....... just one more step!!! Haha. BTW is there any so called "dis-advantages"??

c26492.jpg

Originally posted by yohji@April 23, 2007 08:54 pm

I already got the pipes ....... just one more step!!! Haha. BTW is there any so called "dis-advantages"??

bore is good in many aspects bro, if u intend to keep monster u should go for it! inspection is very very hard for them to find out, pipes already steaming. 1 thing left to do :)

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i167/frederickyap/L1040024.jpg