SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

oh ic. yeah sure. things is i wonder wat is the ideal monster. s4r seems to be almost the top range for monster. so jus wonderin wil this s4r incurr more cost to maintain it and oter issues.

The S4RS is the ultimate Monster. But my favourite monster is still the M1000DS. The charm of air-cooled engines have came to an end though, sadly. Thanks to all the noise emission laws.

:cool:

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The S4RS is the ultimate Monster. But my favourite monster is still the M1000DS. The charm of air-cooled engines have came to an end though, sadly. Thanks to all the noise emission laws.

They should've "hidden" the radiator somewhere like what Harley did on the V-Rod. There's one in my office carpark and the engine design doesn't look as clean as the air cooled monsters.

I personally prefer the S2R 1000 over the S4R.

They should've "hidden" the radiator somewhere like what Harley did on the V-Rod. There's one in my office carpark and the engine design doesn't look as clean as the air cooled monsters.

I personally prefer the S2R 1000 over the S4R.

Where in the world are they going to hide that gigantic radiator? Furthermore its a 2 piece radiator straight of a 999.

The V-rod is an impressive machine, but the one I'm waiting for is the new Buell 1125R. Finally Buell is going for a proper sportbike engine.

m1000s is the air cool monster? oh coz the s4rs is the ultimate one. its the top range in monster range. sg always make noise on noise issue.

its good and bad for the local actuali. good is less noise pollution ,bad is the biker dun get to hav loud exhaust.:cheeky: :cheeky:

m1000s is the air cool monster? oh coz the s4rs is the ultimate one. its the top range in monster range. sg always make noise on noise issue.

its good and bad for the local actuali. good is less noise pollution ,bad is the biker dun get to hav loud exhaust.:cheeky: :cheeky:

Its not the exhaust noise, but the noise that comes out of the engine itself.

Where in the world are they going to hide that gigantic radiator? Furthermore its a 2 piece radiator straight of a 999.

The V-rod is an impressive machine, but the one I'm waiting for is the new Buell 1125R. Finally Buell is going for a proper sportbike engine.

Now that you mentioned it, even the 1125R has "disguised" radiators.

oh i c. yeah i know engine system itself may produce a sound which is unique. so currently wat bike r u riding?monster?

Nope, I'm riding the ZZR1400 now.

I agree that radiators could have been better placed on the Monster, but theres only so much space available because of the cylinder head angle. The narrow angle of the V-rod and Buell engines means theres space infront of the engine for a 'disguised' radiator. For the Monster, the front cylinder is pointing straight forward.

Nope, I'm riding the ZZR1400 now.

I agree that radiators could have been better placed on the Monster, but theres only so much space available because of the cylinder head angle. The narrow angle of the V-rod and Buell engines means theres space infront of the engine for a 'disguised' radiator. For the Monster, the front cylinder is pointing straight forward.

so how is the zzr ride compare to monster or ducati bikes/? i heard cornering for ducati is bit tough.

1 hann

2 Yani a.k.a technicolorhighway

3 duke_monster

4 Randy(after 10)

5 Paul(just smsed me to confirm

Vince you coming dood?

oh god noooooooooooooo!my batt. is flat...cant meet u guys..!soo sorry.

There's more fun in making slow bike go fast than making a fast bike faster:angel: FOR SALE KAWASAKI ZEPHYR EBC BRAKE PADS FA129HH.DUC CLUTCH SLAVE PUMP,SIGNAL RELAY.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CKM-eD8Ulwo/SwP704pVE-I/AAAAAAAAAHg/BrEmx9CIQAk/s1600/misc-01012003_16.JPG

Oppps! just happen to see the thread now..

okie.. getting my Ts and jeans...

see you guys there.

Cheers!

Yesterday's attendance at KTM..

1)Vince

2)Paul

3)Randy

4)Andy

5)Hann

Us guys are thinking of making this a weekly meeting every Sunday at 9 pm just to hang out. Anymore joiners?

PS Guys I'm getting stuff from TPO Parts. Getting some wiring. If anyone else wants to make an order from TPO message me by end this week ok? You have my number. Highly recommend the plate holder. Saves a lot of weight over the original and looks cool too without the cutting or drilling. Let me know ya?

Dreamed I was a muffler. Woke up exhausted.

What is there to look out for when buying a 1998 ducati monster 400?

Hi Shinkai,

Best way is to check out in order..

1) General physical condition ie dents, dings scratches(accident free bike or not)

2) Engine sound(any rattles whines knocks)

If it looks ok and sounds ok its probably ok. However, you might want to get a good mech to take a good look over the bike.. or some of the existing monster riders in this thread to go with you to take a look. The prospective seller is probably already a member of this thread also. Cheers and good luck.

actually comparing to all the twins and vees I rode, The monster is the most scyn to ur body movement...u jus need to think u want a left or right lean and its done.. no wrestling...

Marauder, FZ150, TW200

Hurricane, CB400 vS

TLR, ST11 TCS/ABS

STX TW200, M400, Runner180

TDM900, ET8

Vespa classic 10" 8"

Z750S, Multistra 620

TUONO R

CB1100EX

Vespa GTS300 Super ABS

Any Ducatians wanna get a Ducati Miami Tshirt? Looks pretty cool.. Says KISS FRENCH RIDE ITALIAN with the Ducati logo in front. Comes in red and black. Mass order? Let me know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUCATI-1098-Shirt-T-Shirt-996-998-999-749-MONSTER-KISS_W0QQitemZ180173852901QQihZ008QQcategoryZ10066QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Any Ducatians wanna get a Ducati Miami Tshirt? Looks pretty cool.. Says KISS FRENCH RIDE ITALIAN with the Ducati logo in front. Comes in red and black. Mass order? Let me know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUCATI-1098-Shirt-T-Shirt-996-998-999-749-MONSTER-KISS_W0QQitemZ180173852901QQihZ008QQcategoryZ10066QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Nice I want S size.. and not forgetting the LED tail light with clear lens as well thanks.. By the way I ordered low mount carbon GPR pipe from Michael. He said roughly abt $1200 to $1300 but need to check if got stock or not and shipment will take 3 weeks.. I wanted high mount but he said although its carbon, high mount is still a problem if have pillion... it will still feel warm.. so thinking again I ordered low mount... cheers :thumb:

http://www.superbikeitalia.com/images/16_118200774533pm.jpg

monster 696 is really unusual than the older monsters somehow i kind of like it but the other side of me says no..

i like most of the outlooks except the pipes and mirrors but i do believe if termignoni were to release a good looking termis pipes, the back gonna looks so good and also a replacement to the mirrors with m695's mirrors or the good o' mickey mouse's mirrors.

the oil tank and back seat cowl looks pretty hot thou.

btw i am looking for a M400 and if you do happen to come across any monster for sale, please keep me informed. thanks!

hayden 93383220

If u're patience in one moment of anger, u will avoid 100 days of sorrow.

hey H@nn: e size of the T-shirt i suppose is US-cutting? coz i usually wear size L ...but i got a polo ralph shirt fr US... had to buy size S....n it still hangs loose on me... oh i'm juz wondering. coz i wanna order one too .any idea?

i feel like odering the K&N filter from TPO le. but i can easily get it from ah boy rite?