SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys meeting on as usual today(Sunday). At kTm from 8.30 pm till late at the usual spot. Should be going for a ride also from 10 pm. Andy I'm bringing the bars. Lenny, you might want to ride over also. Viciouskitty has a durian outing at Kallang so we might wanna stop over there to show some support as well. Cheers guys. Hope to see you all there!

Dreamed I was a muffler. Woke up exhausted.

Hopefully i will be able to join you guys for today outing..... Reborn newbie here after a 5 years rest from biking.

Mr Yap: Thanks for the nice chat at KC yesterday. 2 thumbs Up. Hope to see your monster realllyyyy soon.

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed.

Ladies N Gentlemen,

Anyone Got Any `lobang' Where To Watch China Gp This Weekend?

There's more fun in making slow bike go fast than making a fast bike faster:angel: FOR SALE KAWASAKI ZEPHYR EBC BRAKE PADS FA129HH.DUC CLUTCH SLAVE PUMP,SIGNAL RELAY.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CKM-eD8Ulwo/SwP704pVE-I/AAAAAAAAAHg/BrEmx9CIQAk/s1600/misc-01012003_16.JPG

It's good news if he is upgrading to the Monster 696! Haha! I'm selling my Monster too but to my friend's friend. Easy to deal and can avoid all those (not all but some) nonsensical pple in SBF. They will offer you ridiculous price for your well-loved and well-groomed Monster, thinking that they are buying a 2nd-hand super4 (no offence to super4 riders).

:thumb:

c26492.jpg

Hello Fellow Ducati riderS!

I've recently got myself a Monster 400. really proud and happy to be a part of you guys!

i am facing some questions abt my monster, every morning when the engines cold. its only proper for me to warm it up rite?

but what i'm unsure is that My engine must have the Choke on inorder for a single iginition start. which i think is reasonable. but what i'm questioning is it take ard 5 full mins for it to run by itself with the choke off.

is this a norm for monsterS?

yohji: so is it the 696 or striple?

akesu: i used to fetch pillion alot so dont worry. unless it's a guy u fetchin might be a little uncomfortable for him.(since he cant hold yr tank or hug u, he's only left with either holding e side supports which is useless or hold yr shoulder which is erm... weird) but for gals shouldnt be a problem. remember to apply brakes later and harder for them ! btw, e monster's torque comes in handy if u hav those stubborn ones. haha

rubberduckie_sg: welcome to e monster family! i usually open the choke halfway, let it rev abt 3k for 1 min(it will stay at 3k for me), then close choke and usually it stabalizes. unless it's like rainy or very cold days, i let it warm up longer maybe 2-3 mins.. dont worry it's not a big issue. i think u juz need idling tuning i guess

sols: u've always wanted yr dads monster, y dont u take over? i'm espido1001 btw. used to ride a mito too.

One newbie Question for you guys. Is this lovely monster easily carry 2 ppl? because i need fetch my gf often...

thanks

Pillioning on a Monster is a no-no for me. Ever tried once. It was hell for me and my pillion. I think mostly contributed by the strong engine brake. Maybe my skill sucks. But it depends, I think some pple find it ok. Maybe my friend is a little too heavy hehe. GF should be quite light. Anyway I think Monster should be ridden alone to fully enjoy the thrill. Hehe.

I've recently got myself a Monster 400. really proud and happy to be a part of you guys!

i am facing some questions abt my monster, every morning when the engines cold. its only proper for me to warm it up rite?

but what i'm unsure is that My engine must have the Choke on inorder for a single iginition start. which i think is reasonable. but what i'm questioning is it take ard 5 full mins for it to run by itself with the choke off.

Yah it is very common to use the choke but 5mins seems to be too long. How long did you open your choke for? I normally run it for about 10secs max.

yohji: so is it the 696 or striple? yohji: so is it the 696 or striple?

Hehe I guess it'll be the Striple for me this time round. 696 looks terrific but price is a little too high for me (but in return, it has better components - Brembo brakes and slipper clutch) and I would like to try a triple and see how it feels like. People say it's a mix of v-twin and inline4. Kind of the best of both worlds? Hehe.

c26492.jpg

yea like yohji said, 5 mins is probably too long. give mike a visit, he'll help u out.

ruberduck: the rear seat cowl costs abt 400+, carbon fibre ones cost almost 600+. i personally feel it's kinda unnecessary, u could do a rewrap of the rear seats like some of us did. a $30 solution tht gives e same look yet offers more convenience(in case u got to fetch someone).

yohji: tht's a great choice, i;ve seen a striple up close once, amazing looks n nice sound too! n not to mention it's a rarer bike too which adds to its appeal!

It happens to me before it sucks.. Well wat i did was change engine oil, spark plug, wash my cab and tuning.. Everything is fine after that...!! don't worry it won't cost much and its worth every penny...!! Shops to recommend... Kallang Cycle or Race Werks. These two shops do quite a good job... :thumb: Cheers...

http://www.superbikeitalia.com/images/16_118200774533pm.jpg

yohji: tht's a great choice, i;ve seen a striple up close once, amazing looks n nice sound too! n not to mention it's a rarer bike too which adds to its appeal!

Wow you are lucky to have seen the actual bike up close. I could only see it up close on my monitor haha. I'm still waiting for its offcial launch here in Singapore. You are right, there are only 99 Triumphs in Singapore the last time I checked the LTA website. Around 436 for Ducatis :)

c26492.jpg

hi, i just got myself an old m400. lots of work needs to be done. full re-spray (and anti-rust treatment, sigh!) likely needed to bring this duke back to its former glory. it will be a labor of love. also considering oil cooler and aftermarket pipes. any recommendations for any of the above? thank you in advance.

2008 Night Rod Special, 1993 Ducati 900SS, 2011 Ducati Diavel Dark Knight

http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/files/2/5/9/7/0/_147621.jpg

hi, i just got myself an old m400. lots of work needs to be done. full re-spray (and anti-rust treatment, sigh!) likely needed to bring this duke back to its former glory. it will be a labor of love. also considering oil cooler and aftermarket pipes. any recommendations for any of the above? thank you in advance.

Congrats on the purchase.

Go to kallang Cycle and get some advice. Michael will give you some sound advise. You can also view the one and only single-sided swingarm with 916 style exhaust Monster 900 there which will give you some rough idea on what to do.

There is also a monster there awaiting rebuild with red frame. Can also get some idea on what to do.

Set aside a comfortable budget first before exploring all the possibilities on mods and repair. Do the necessary things first. Unless you have a deep pocket.... :angel:

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed.

....You can also view the one and only single-sided swingarm with 916 style exhaust Monster 900 there which will give you some rough idea on what to do....

hahah! Looks like my bike got caught!

Anyway was hoping to ask a favour from you all....if any of you head down to kallang cycle could you just make sure that the bike cover is covering the bike nicely? I'm currently working overseas and wont be back for about 3 months. i've left my bike at kallang cycle for storage but its parked in the open and if the bike cover blows off or something it will be permanently exposed to the elements which would be horrible for it. Really appreciate it guys!

hahah! Looks like my bike got caught!

Anyway was hoping to ask a favour from you all....if any of you head down to kallang cycle could you just make sure that the bike cover is covering the bike nicely? I'm currently working overseas and wont be back for about 3 months. i've left my bike at kallang cycle for storage but its parked in the open and if the bike cover blows off or something it will be permanently exposed to the elements which would be horrible for it. Really appreciate it guys!

What bike cover? Theres no cover covering your bike when I saw it last tuesday

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w73/dryicefreeze/MNSTR_CLR900.jpg

WTF??? Did someone take it off? If anyone is going to KC anytime soon could someone tell Mike to put the bike cover back on? When i parked it there i put the cover on it, the cover has got my name and phone number written all over it. If it sits there like that for 3 months it'll rot!

Or at least ask Mike to park it in the shade away from direct sunlight/rain if the cover was lost/stolen. Its possible that Mike took the cover off to work on it a little, he did say he wanted to do a few things to it when i was gone. It would break my heart if i came back and saw the bike covered with rust and dirt. I'm not planning to respray the bike for quite a while until i have finished my engine mods and i need the paintwork/running gear to last as long as it can :( :(

WTF??? Did someone take it off? If anyone is going to KC anytime soon could someone tell Mike to put the bike cover back on? When i parked it there i put the cover on it, the cover has got my name and phone number written all over it. If it sits there like that for 3 months it'll rot!

Or at least ask Mike to park it in the shade away from direct sunlight/rain if the cover was lost/stolen. Its possible that Mike took the cover off to work on it a little, he did say he wanted to do a few things to it when i was gone. It would break my heart if i came back and saw the bike covered with rust and dirt. I'm not planning to respray the bike for quite a while until i have finished my engine mods and i need the paintwork/running gear to last as long as it can :( :(

dude!was there on sat.saw yur bike and tot you may have work to be done on it!no cover.

There's more fun in making slow bike go fast than making a fast bike faster:angel: FOR SALE KAWASAKI ZEPHYR EBC BRAKE PADS FA129HH.DUC CLUTCH SLAVE PUMP,SIGNAL RELAY.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CKM-eD8Ulwo/SwP704pVE-I/AAAAAAAAAHg/BrEmx9CIQAk/s1600/misc-01012003_16.JPG